KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in From the Cheap Seats

Here he gets ? on by Matt Cassel.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i'm about sick of Herm Edwards. why does he have to act like that? he's fine when he's just talkin sports and not making dumb noises or getting all animated
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    matt- wrote: »
    i'm about sick of Herm Edwards. why does he have to act like that? he's fine when he's just talkin sports and not making dumb noises or getting all animated

Herm act like he sniff coke. I didn't click the video, but Collinsworth does indeed suck on SNF. I atcually think Al Michaels has fell off too
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Herm act like he sniff coke. I didn't click the video, but Collinsworth does indeed suck on SNF. I atcually think Al Michaels has fell off too

Co-sign everything but the Herm comments. Herm is that dude. He just loves the game.

But Collinsworth is a professional ? .

Al Michaels seems like he's a couple years from alzheimer's. And he's the #1 Capt'n Obvious in sports. Typical Al Michaels commentary:

"Michael Vick lines up under center. As you know, Michael has two ears, two feet, and was born from a woman..."
  • lord nemesis
    edited December 2010
    Co-sign everything but the Herm comments. Herm is that dude. He just loves the game.

Al Michaels seems like he's a couple years from alzheimer's. And he's the #1 Capt'n Obvious in sports. Typical Al Michaels commentary:

"Michael Vick lines up under center. As you know, Michael has two ears, two feet, and was born from a woman..."

Herm would be straight if he didn't break out into "preacher mode" sometimes. ? be random as ? .
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Herm would be straight if he didn't break out into "preacher mode" sometimes. ? be random as ? .

That's just the coach still in him. I'd like to see him get another shot at coaching. I'm sure some sorry ass squad may give him a shot and then blame him a year later for them sucking and then fire him. lol. That's the story of a black NFL coach.
  • Darius
    edited December 2010
    yeah, herm needs to chill out. that ? makes me turn the channel quick.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

Hahahahahahahahahahaaaa
  • Darius
    edited December 2010
    That's just the coach still in him. I'd like to see him get another shot at coaching. I'm sure some sorry ass squad may give him a shot and then blame him a year later for them sucking and then fire him. lol. That's the story of a black NFL coach.

herm is a sorry ass coach. forreal.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I hope Gruden stays on with MNF...he is shaping up to be a GOAT commentator...
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    Collinsworth has plenty of competition though.

I can't stand the following:

Shannon Sharpe: aka Mr. Ed meets Daffy duck. Don't have speech coaches @ CBS?? Plus he's always making reckless comments about players/teams and then gets proven wrong.

Merrill Hodge: If y'all don't like Herm, I don't see how y'all don't like this hick. Sound like he smokes ? and takes Jack Daniels shots right before he goes on air.

Mike Ditka: Another near-future alzheimer's patient. Sometimes I think he forgets where he is on ESPN. Watch this Sunday how every now and then he looks around like "where am I, and who are all these n!ggers with suits on?"

Jalen Rose: This is what it would look like if a 12 year old was allowed to be a ESPN analyst. ? just gets excited for no reason and dickrides anybody that plays well even if he JUST said before the game they were trash or that they would lose.

Surprising favorites (ones I thought would be trash as commentators, but like them)

Keyshawn Johnson: Hated him as a player, but he spits nothing but truth every weekend. And unlike other football commentators, he's not afraid to go out on a limb with his picks and opinions.

Jon Gruden: Hated him in the league too, but he can be the next John Madden if he sticks to it. He brings that "average joe football fan" perspective like John Madden did while sprinkling in his coaching expertise just as Madden did. (and he's not a Madden wannabe like Matt Millen.)

Steve Young: Just didn't think he would be a good commentator because he was a pretty quiet player. But everything he says rings true whether you like it or not. And you gotta love how he made Matt Millen mad. lol
  • Darius
    edited December 2010
    I hope Gruden stays on with MNF...he is shaping up to be a GOAT commentator...

i thought so at first, but he's just too damn positive and complimentary.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010

Shannon Sharpe: aka Mr. Ed meets Daffy duck. Don't have speech coaches @ CBS?? Plus he's always making reckless comments about players/teams and then gets proven wrong.

Merrill Hodge: If y'all don't like Herm, I don't see how y'all don't like this hick. Sound like he smokes ? and takes Jack Daniels shots right before he goes on air.

Mike Ditka: Another near-future alzheimer's patient. Sometimes I think he forgets where he is on ESPN. Watch this Sunday how every now and then he looks around like "where am I, and who are all these n!ggers with suits on?"

Jalen Rose: This is what it would look like if a 12 year old was allowed to be a ESPN analyst. ? just gets excited for no reason and dickrides anybody that plays well even if he JUST said before the game they were trash or that they would lose.

Surprising favorites (ones I thought would be trash as commentators, but like them)

Keyshawn Johnson: Hated him as a player, but he spits nothing but truth every weekend. And unlike other football commentators, he's not afraid to go out on a limb with his picks and opinions.

Jon Gruden: Hated him in the league too, but he can be the next John Madden if he sticks to it. He brings that "average joe football fan" perspective like John Madden did while sprinkling in his coaching expertise just as Madden did. (and he's not a Madden wannabe like Matt Millen.)

Steve Young: Just didn't think he would be a good commentator because he was a pretty quiet player. But everything he says rings true whether you like it or not. And you gotta love how he made Matt Millen mad. lol

Good Post......and LMAO @ the bolded
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    what you guys think about Tom Jackson and Chris Carter?
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    what you guys think about Tom Jackson and Chris Carter?

Chris Carter is cool, but I could tell when he was a player that he would be a decent commentator. But I can't help but laugh how he is ALWAYS anti-Falcons whenever they're brought up. And I know why -- we snatched his only chance at going to the super bowl and he's still butthurt over it. They could be like "Who do you think will win, the Falcons or Valdosta State?" and he'll be like

"Well, the Falcons are okay, but Valdosta will prove today that they're the best team in Georgia. I'm taking Valdosta by 20." lol

Tom Jackson is iffy. He's to Chris Berman what Mo Williams is to Lebron. And while I like Old-school perspectives, he overdoes it. Plus, I don't think he's stepped foot inside a black barbershop since the early 80s.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010

lol @ the bold..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Sorry but Joe Thiesmann will forever have this title as the flat out worst.

It got to a point where Collinsworth doesn't even bother me anymore, but he's ok.

and Matt Millen get mad work I seen this ? on ESPN, NFL network, and ESPN/ABC for college games also. They love his ass

I don't take anybody seriously on CBS's entire staff. And Jon Gruden is slowly starting to get on my nerves.
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2010
    northside7 wrote: »
    lol @ the bold..

Exhibit A....

MZ23738__MG_60391.jpg
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Exhibit A....

MZ23738__MG_60391.jpg

lol he does look lost...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    I hate Joe Buck
  • lord nemesis
    edited December 2010
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    I hate Joe Buck

Joe Buck comes off as a ? and arrogant, but I think he calls a good game.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    I dont really like FOX NFL show thier panel just seems a bit cartoonish to me......to busy tryin to be witty....just talk ? football.....

IMO.....ESPN has the best commentating team on Sundy show....and College Gameday....

and you can add Lee Corso to the list of alzhimer commentators...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I dont really like FOX NFL show thier panel just seems a bit cartoonish to me......to busy tryin to be witty....just talk ? football.....

IMO.....ESPN has the best commentating team on Sundy show....and College Gameday....

and you can add Lee Corso to the list of alzhimer commentators...

college gameday on ESPN is only 2nd to Chuck, Kenny and Ernie I think after Corso had that emergency surgery a yer or so ago he doesn't have that same spirit thus why they added Desmond Howard. I also ? with Reece, Mark and Dr Lou. At 1st Holtz used to annoy me but know it's just funny listening to him Not sure if i'm laughing at him or with him but he just a funny old ass crazy dude overhyping notre dame.

yea fox seems like it's a comedy show. I didn't like when NBC had like 33 analyst for there Sunday night games. ESPN is alright for the most part Merril Hodge and Matt Hassleback can be let go
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    NFL Network analysts>>>>>>>>>
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    edited December 2010
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    college gameday on ESPN is only 2nd to Chuck, Kenny and Ernie I think after Corso had that emergency surgery a yer or so ago he doesn't have that same spirit thus why they added Desmond Howard. I also ? with Reece, Mark and Dr Lou. At 1st Holtz used to annoy me but know it's just funny listening to him Not sure if i'm laughing at him or with him but he just a funny old ass crazy dude overhyping notre dame.

yea fox seems like it's a comedy show. I didn't like when NBC had like 33 analyst for there Sunday night games. ESPN is alright for the most part Merril Hodge and Matt Hassleback can be let go

Word....I hate them ? .....especially how Matt be talkin like he was an elite ? QB in the league....that ? annoys me
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    NFL Network analysts>>>>>>>>>

co sign, and i dont like Herm that ? too animated