What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Curren$y>J.Cole

Replies

• Treize117Treize117 Posts: 1,112
    edited December 2010
    Perfect wrote: »
    Nigga who said we sacrificin quality?

Nigga did u hear King Kong...that was his lead single and it sounded like he recorded that shit in a bathroom...not to mention that wack ass hook...and that was his ALBUM

c'mon now son
    edited December 2010
    Dakari wrote: »
    you mad cuz cole takes months to put together a rockabye tape and spitta can make dope shit in one night?

you mad cuz ur man put out a thousand mixtapes and still aint got the buzz Cole got off 3?
  • DakariDakari Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    . .
    edited December 2010
    . .

Now continue bein in denial...
    edited December 2010
    Treize117 wrote: »

Now continue bein in denial...

shits a one time listen. im a cole fan bruh. the nigga is a snoozer
    ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ
  • Knives AmilliKnives Amilli Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Im sick of niggas using swag as an excuse to like lesser music

Cole's a better songwriter, lyricist, writes better hooks, got more subject matter, better delivery, and a flow just as good

Nobody would give a fuck about curresy if he had never been at Cash Money to start homie, and considerin this nigga steady pushin 10,000 units, even when he was all over MTV and droppin two albums in like 6 months, aint nobody giving HIM as second listen

Delivery +Flow? Spitta>>Cole
    Writes better hooks? Ill give it to Cole out of consistency, But IMO, the hook on "Address" >>most of Cole's hooks

Subject Matter? This shit....I personally don't like giving niggas accolades for subject matter cuz it gets to a point where we're just rewarding niggas for being "different"; instead of asking ourselves "wait, even tho this nigga was 'different" did what he even say was ill? Convincing? Did I hear authenticity in it? Was it cheesy?"

Its why Gotta Eat by Lupe IMO is a terrible track. Yeah its lyrical and "different" but its cheesy as fuck, and I fux with Lupe hard (n/h). If im sold authenticity and charisma and entertainment mixed with slightly above average-far above average lyricism, then Ill take Curren$y, or pre-"Till the Casket Drops" Clipse or Rick Ross with their repetitive themes above most of these "super lyrical ass niggas."

And to bring up sales or popularity is low, B. C'mon, DO YOU THINK niggas would fuck with Cole if it wasn't for the Hov cosign or the marketing as "anti-drake"? Nigga woulda been blessed by Zeus himself to get Blu or Fashawn buzz without those factors. Meanwhile, I never fucked with Curren$y prior to his recent work and got sold off of his material alone. Spitta has no big names in his corner and made the buzz himself. I don't even smoke weed and I vibe to this nigga's shit. All the while, Cole is used as a cure for insomnia.
    you mad cuz cole takes months to put together a rockabye tape and spitta can make dope shit in one night?

Lol at Rockabye tape
    edited December 2010
    Delivery +Flow? Spitta>>Cole
    Writes better hooks? Ill give it to Cole out of consistency, But IMO, the hook on "Address" >>most of Cole's hooks

Subject Matter? This shit....I personally don't like giving niggas accolades for subject matter cuz it gets to a point where we're just rewarding niggas for being "different"; instead of asking ourselves "wait, even tho this nigga was 'different" did what he even say was ill? Convincing? Did I hear authenticity in it? Was it cheesy?"

Its why Gotta Eat by Lupe IMO is a terrible track. Yeah its lyrical and "different" but its cheesy as fuck, and I fux with Lupe hard (n/h). If im sold authenticity and charisma and entertainment mixed with slightly above average-far above average lyricism, then Ill take Curren$y, or pre-"Till the Casket Drops" Clipse or Rick Ross with their repetitive themes above most of these "super lyrical ass niggas."

And to bring up sales or popularity is low, B. C'mon, DO YOU THINK niggas would fuck with Cole if it wasn't for the Hov cosign or the marketing as "anti-drake"? Nigga woulda been blessed by Zeus himself to get Blu or Fashawn buzz without those factors. Meanwhile, I never fucked with Curren$y prior to his recent work and got sold off of his material alone. Spitta has no big names in his corner and made the buzz himself. I don't even smoke weed and I vibe to this nigga's shit. All the while, Cole is used as a cure for insomnia.

Lol at Rockabye tape

1.) Shadyteam brought up sales, I responded to her

2.) Nobody would know who Curren$y was to this day if it wasnt for Cash Money, stop it

3.) His flow and delivery aint better than Coles, that lazy talkin nigga sound like he mumblin his verses, dont lie and say he dont

4.) Subject matter is important...but if yall niggas wanna hear somebody rap about weed and how fly they are on EVERY SONG thats on u...its funny that u would call Cole the boring one tho...and for the record, rappin about shit that sounds "cool" dont equal charisma

5.) Kill the "Gotta Eat" comparison, Cole aint made a song that corny in his life...the closest thing to corny he did was that Yo Gotti track and he never shoulda been on that bullshit to start
  • Dretox2010Dretox2010 Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2010
    Honestly J Cole is never ever going to sell records, get a record to reach the top 100 on the Chart even or sell out arenas with touring

He won't make it the publuic don't wanna hear him
    edited December 2010
    shits a one time listen. im a cole fan bruh. the nigga is a snoozer
    ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZ

lol...of course you are...lls
    edited December 2010
    Dretox2010 wrote: »
    Honestly J Cole is never ever going to sell records, get a record to reach the top 100 on the Chart even or sell out arenas with touring

He won't make it the publuic don't wanna hear him

Styles P, Max B, and Z-ro be doin that tho right...
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    co-sign t/s ..

Curren$y is the uncrowned Artist of the Year, IMO
  • Dretox2010Dretox2010 Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2010
    Styles P, Max B, and Z-ro be doin that tho right...

No but they make Music i enjoy listening to i mean let's be fair

Styles P has been apart of a Platinum Album with the Lox & has had Hit's

Max B would outsell J Cole any day of the week

ZRO is the Southern 2pac but unlike 2pac he could actually perform & Write dope Hook's
    edited December 2010
    lol...of course you are...lls

son i put a whole high school up on j. cole. i put my dad up on j. cole. the nigga has been boring since warm up.
    are you a stan?
    edited December 2010
    son i put a whole high school up on j. cole. i put my dad up on j. cole. the nigga has been boring since warm up.
    are you a stan?

u be puttin ppl on to boring music?

or u just a fan of it?
  • I'm THAT guy...I'm THAT guy... Posts: 2,544
    edited December 2010
    lol at J.Cole Slaw.....faf.
    edited December 2010
    u be puttin ppl on to boring music?

or u just a fan of it?

i like the nigga lyrics, and delivery, all that shit. that mixtape was dope ass hell. it wasnt boring. nigga got comfortable as of late and been layin niggas down to sleep. Cole got skills... he just boring as of late. get over it.
    edited December 2010
    i like the nigga lyrics, and delivery, all that shit. that mixtape was dope ass hell. it wasnt boring. nigga got comfortable as of late and been layin niggas down to sleep. Cole got skills... he just boring as of late. get over it.

Nigga please...he didnt randomly become boring...and Friday Night Lights probably his best and most popular mixtape

fuck outta here
    edited December 2010
    Nigga please...he didnt randomly become boring...and Friday Night Lights probably his best and most popular mixtape

fuck outta here

nigga.. that shit was good yea. its still nothing i'd ride to consistently. i prolly played that shit all the way through maybe 3 times... and never listened again. Cole aint live. He's just somebody you listen to..just to listen to.
    What image J. Cole give off? How do niggas relate to him? That struggle shit aint gon carry him all the way through his career. Nigga got money.
  • KameKame Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Man J Cole is dope

Fuck his fans though.....
    r1jvo9.jpg

TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
  • KameKame Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    spitta picks better beats too, i dont see how anyone thinks any different
    r1jvo9.jpg

TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif
  • idoitforhiphop10idoitforhiphop10 Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    put any curren$y verse up that fucks wit this

im a huge spitta fan but lyrically he aint fuckin wit cole at all.
    Fav Rappers No order:

Schoolboy Q
    Joey Bada$$
    J. Cole
    Ab-Soul
    Lupe Fiasco
    Kendrick Lamar
    Chance The Rapper
    Big K.R.I.T.
  • FyHunnitFyHunnit I'm Mad Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    nigga.. that shit was good yea. its still nothing i'd ride to consistently. i prolly played that shit all the way through maybe 3 times... and never listened again. Cole aint live. He's just somebody you listen to..just to listen to.
    What image J. Cole give off? How do niggas relate to him?
    That struggle shit aint gon carry him all the way through his career. Nigga got money.

I'm not sure if we'll get an answer to those vital questions.
    Cole is dope .. but thats just it ..
    No disrespect or anything ..
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Curren$y always had a crazy flow on him since No Limit, but his sleepy high delivery has that effect to...put you to sleep...but the way Cole delivery is waaay more animated and keeps you elevated.
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
  • satyronesatyrone Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    i like both but sometime Cole be sounding like he yelling sometimes and that shit gets anoying as fuck. Spitta,that nigga is smooth as fuck and is mad underrated
    celica_zpslcitpdd4.jpg
  • RED HoodRED Hood Posts: 617
    edited December 2010
    I think Currensy is a modern day ghost face killah for real if you listen to his lyrical content yeah his flow is smooth but it is boring at times