Prodigy was top five in the booth in mid 90's-early 00's

Options
KplusK
KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Reason
? what yall ? say. was just bumping my old mobb cd's and pre g unit nobody was ? wit p. And i dont wanna hear that he stayed getting robbed he a little ? and all that other bs that dont have nuttin to do wit the music my ? was putting out. My ? had jay beat big beat wu beat snoop beat and alot of your others favorites.

Comments

• jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Only a country ? will dispute this. ? was on fire at that time...
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You overdoin it but yeah. He was top tier then.
  • Dretox2010
    Dretox2010 Members Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2010
    Options
    He is in the top 10 G.O.A.T.
  • KplusK
    edited December 2010
    Options
    illogics wrote: »

how his catalogue was better them all of theirs back then as far as overall cant deny that and im a fan of all mentioned
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The only weak point of P's career was that ? awful garbage ass amerikkkas nightmare. infamy was average in a worst case scenario and thats because of that ? ass 112 track. other than these blemishes P has been one of the most consistant, hard working MC's IMO. P/IMD have been releasing NEW music every year whether by commerical album or mixtape joints for the past 16 years. His voice and original flow is what your favorite rapper wishes they had. P is the ? that made it cool to make non rhyming words work, a technique than Eminem and Lil Wayne still practice to this day. Havoc and P been preaching self sufficency since they were kids. They produce their own albums, create their own sounds, proceed with their own vibe. I never heard anyone sound like Mobb Deep before they existed and i havent heard anyone come close to even competing with the trademark mobb sound. They have never been afraid to share the spot light or help fellow artists come up. I wouldnt never heard or been interested in Iman Thug, Tragedy, CNN, QBC, Infamous Mobb, Cormega, Mike Delorean, Illa Gee, Alchemist if it wasnt for mobb deep.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    how his catalogue was better them all of theirs back then as far as overall cant deny that and im a fan of all mentioned

your right about him being top tier but you def over did it saying he had wu and big beat, nobody had wu beat in the 90's
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You gotta be ? kiddin me
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    nope compared to jay-z ras kass makaveli nas sean price outkast bun-b and redman he wasn't a lyricist.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Infamy was a good album. I remember my boy D used to call me up just so i could play him "Get At Me" over the phone back in '01. He went and bought the album ASAP and been crankin it ever since. Cat was a ? Jay-Z fan/Mobb Deep hater, but he loved that track.
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited December 2010
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    nope compared to jay-z ras kass makaveli nas sean price outkast bun-b and redman he wasn't a lyricist.

This ? said Bun ? B. I told you, only a country simpleton.....
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »

You a Waka Flocka fan though
  • juelz21
    edited December 2010
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    the fact u think prodigy is a lyricist proves you have no clue what lyricism is .
  • illogics
    edited December 2010
    Options
    the fact u think prodigy is a lyricist proves you have no clue what lyricism is .

The fact that you denying P used to be ill on the mic means you have to be real young and don't know what you talkin bout
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

is lyricism making holler and bleed rhyme
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    You a Waka Flocka fan though

*dead* And that's strange because he's a east coast elitist to the fullest.
  • juelz21
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The fact that you denying P used to be ill on the mic means you have to be real young and don't know what you talkin bout

prodigy wasn't ill on the mic he did'nt spit multi's he did'nt have complex rhyme schemes like say a jay-z nas or makaveli so how was prodigy was ever a lyricist.
  • KplusK
    edited December 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    The only weak point of P's career was that ? awful garbage ass amerikkkas nightmare. infamy was average in a worst case scenario and thats because of that ? ass 112 track. other than these blemishes P has been one of the most consistant, hard working MC's IMO. P/IMD have been releasing NEW music every year whether by commerical album or mixtape joints for the past 16 years. His voice and original flow is what your favorite rapper wishes they had. P is the ? that made it cool to make non rhyming words work, a technique than Eminem and Lil Wayne still practice to this day. Havoc and P been preaching self sufficency since they were kids. They produce their own albums, create their own sounds, proceed with their own vibe. I never heard anyone sound like Mobb Deep before they existed and i havent heard anyone come close to even competing with the trademark mobb sound. They have never been afraid to share the spot light or help fellow artists come up. I wouldnt never heard or been interested in Iman Thug, Tragedy, CNN, QBC, Infamous Mobb, Cormega, Mike Delorean, Illa Gee, Alchemist if it wasnt for mobb deep.

couldnt have said it better myself although the infamy was tough to me
  • KplusK
    edited December 2010
    Options
    your right about him being top tier but you def over did it saying he had wu and big beat, nobody had wu beat in the 90's

i say that cause big only had two albums out in those times so he has more material i go off of rather than saying he was better than big but he still was up there. and as far as wu on some real ? if u only count the wu as a group album i think he got em. now if u wanna take it to individual albums they mite edge him out
  • illogics
    edited December 2010
    Options
    prodigy wasn't ill on the mic he did'nt spit multi's he did'nt have complex rhyme schemes like say a jay-z nas or makaveli so how was prodigy was ever a lyricist.

So because he didn't spit muti's....nvm you got it. I'm not that big of a Prodigy advocate to point out those weak attempts to discredit the man.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So because he didn't spit muti's....nvm you got it. I'm not that big of a Prodigy advocate to point out those weak attempts to discredit the man.

ignore that dude, he's a clown who's opinion shouldn't count
  • TRILLip Brooks
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so you're telling me from 95 to 99, i'm not gon say the usual (jay, nas, big) prodigy was spittin better than pun, jada, ghost
  • KplusK
    edited December 2010
    Options

c'mon son for real ill give u outcast thatsa why they wasnt mention and nas another purposed ommission but the rest. he ate jay and only reason why people dont see it that way cause of that summer jam stunt.
  • KplusK
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so you're telling me from 95 to 99, i'm not gon say the usual (jay, nas, big) prodigy was spittin better than pun, jada, ghost

in my opinion yep i was never that into ghost like that anyway alot of ? he said was in left field
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    He was almost one of the best out at one point, then he just got washed up.

But lol @ Pac being a great lyricist....niggga u wilin

rhyminig enemies and hennesy aint lyrical b