Prodigy was top five in the booth in mid 90's-early 00's

Comments

• jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited December 2010
    Point is, if you're a country ass ? or born after 1990, you're opinion is null and void on Prodigy. Homie never made music for you down South ? . He made music for the birth place of rap. The place that produced more talent in one year, then everywhere else...combined. You couldn't possibly be aware of rap outside your region, at that time, and say P wasn't a beast. I would also like to hear why would Mobb or any ? be scared to mention Pacs name? I mean, its not like the ? hurt anybody's career. He dissed BIG, yet Big kept selling records. He dissed Nas, yet Nas kept selling records. Homie was said to got have been the original punching bag P. So no one feared him laying hands on them. So why would any ? fear a D grade lyricist with a big mouth???
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    smh at what this thread turned out to be
  • INFAREDSHAWTY
    INFAREDSHAWTY Members Posts: 397
    edited December 2010
    'Who Shot Ya? You probably screamed louder than an opera,New York gotcha' - prodigy

NO sign on this thread but that line annihilated pac

we dont even know 100% if that line was directed at pac, cuz neither of them said his name throughout the entire song... where dey do dem disses at lololol
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    man this ? was on mixtapes before pac died...mobb wasnt trying to give pac publicity hnic is a classic
  • INFAREDSHAWTY
    edited December 2010
    mobb wasnt trying to give pac publicity

yeah, cuz mobb deep was so much more popular than 2pac at that time lol
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    jay-z approves this thread title
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    jonathand wrote: »
    Point is, if you're a country ass ? or born after 1990, you're opinion is null and void on Prodigy. Homie never made music for you down South ? . He made music for the birth place of rap. The place that produced more talent in one year, then everywhere else...combined. You couldn't possibly be aware of rap outside your region, at that time, and say P wasn't a beast. I would also like to hear why would Mobb or any ? be scared to mention Pacs name? I mean, its not like the ? hurt anybody's career. He dissed BIG, yet Big kept selling records. He dissed Nas, yet Nas kept selling records. Homie was said to got have been the original punching bag P. So no one feared him laying hands on them. So why would any ? fear a D grade lyricist with a big mouth???

True..Prodigy had some fire earlier in his career. He definitely slipped off, but during circa 1995-2000 P had that hyperviolent New York stick up ? rap on point. He was very visual and visceral with his rhyme and the dopest thing about it..his was a prime example of having a true slanted rhyme scheme. Don't listen to the Juelz ? people because he's a trolling lame who jacks off on the thought of a rapper having multis. ? him. Being top 5 though? Nah...a bit of a stretch but he definitely held his own as one of the best during New York's Renaissance period of ? Hip Hop.
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Pac wasn't no damn lyricist. Pac is a poor man's Scarface. Simple ass attention ? type ?

Damn...lol. These Pac fans are possibly hurt because you said this...lmao @ poor man's Scarface..
    juelz21 wrote: »
    prodigy don't even rhyme most of his words. he just mumbling

Shut your trolling ass up.
    prodigy wasn't ill on the mic he did'nt spit multi's he did'nt have complex rhyme schemes like say a jay-z nas or makaveli so how was prodigy was ever a lyricist.

I bet anytime a ? spit a multi, you have orgasms don't you? ? ass...
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    The only weak point of P's career was that ? awful garbage ass amerikkkas nightmare. infamy was average in a worst case scenario and thats because of that ? ass 112 track. other than these blemishes P has been one of the most consistant, hard working MC's IMO. P/IMD have been releasing NEW music every year whether by commerical album or mixtape joints for the past 16 years. His voice and original flow is what your favorite rapper wishes they had. P is the ? that made it cool to make non rhyming words work, a technique than Eminem and Lil Wayne still practice to this day. Havoc and P been preaching self sufficency since they were kids. They produce their own albums, create their own sounds, proceed with their own vibe. I never heard anyone sound like Mobb Deep before they existed and i havent heard anyone come close to even competing with the trademark mobb sound. They have never been afraid to share the spot light or help fellow artists come up. I wouldnt never heard or been interested in Iman Thug, Tragedy, CNN, QBC, Infamous Mobb, Cormega, Mike Delorean, Illa Gee, Alchemist if it wasnt for mobb deep.

Strong arm post... respected.
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Ggggg unit!!!!!!!!
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    fukk ? insight he does'nt make any sense when he talk anyways prodigy wasn't a rhymer at all and that is the truth
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    fukk ? insight he does'nt make any sense when he talk anyways prodigy wasn't a rhymer at all and that is the truth

You think "holler" and "bleed" rhyme. Your opinions in Hip Hop and rhyming period are irrelevant and you uphold the "? ' ? " title of IC currently.
  • juelz21
    edited January 2011
    You think "holler" and "bleed" rhyme. Your opinions in Hip Hop and rhyming period are irrelevant and you uphold the "? ' ? " title of IC currently.

the fact u don't know what assoance is proves your a dikkhead. so u have no credibility on hiphop or anything else for that matter
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I bet anytime a ? spit a multi, you have orgasms don't you? ? ass...

lol................. Every time someone mentions "holler" and "bleed" he probably has orgasm.
  • juelz21
    edited January 2011
    lol................. Every time someone mentions "holler" and "bleed" he probably has orgasm.

lol u still perpetuating u still mad i outdebated your ? about scarface staring mafiso rap lol.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited January 2011
    lol u still perpetuating u still mad i outdebated your ? about scarface staring mafiso rap lol.

? please! All you did was just post half assed sentences that don't say ? . The fact you said Road to the Riches is strictly about killing people tells me that you are most likely just playing around here.

As we speak, I'll leave something pleasing for you at the end of my post which you can have orgasm to, lol.

"Pleasure and pain stuck in this game holler my name
    We all gone die we bleed through similar veins"
  • juelz21
    edited January 2011
    ? please! All you did was just post half assed sentences that don't say ? . The fact you said Road to the Riches is strictly about killing people tells me that you are most likely just playing around here.

As we speak, I'll leave something pleasing for you at the end of my post which you can have orgasm to, lol.

"Pleasure and pain stuck in this game holler my name
    We all gone die we bleed through similar veins"

lol this does'nt even make any sense lol u still perpetuating stuff that does'nt make any sense.
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited January 2011
    lol this does'nt even make any sense lol u still perpetuating stuff that does'nt make any sense.

Proof-reading helps.
  • juelz21
    edited January 2011
    Proof-reading helps.

breh i just embrassed you lol hopefully people will look at you as exmaple. of what happens when u try to diss me u going to get embrassed
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited January 2011
    breh i just embrassed you lol hopefully people will look at you as exmaple. of what happens when u try to diss me u going to get embrassed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Homie you are a comedian. The thought of you "embarrassing" anyone is so far-fetched and over-the-top. It's a fantasy that will never come into truth any time soon.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    where is this?anyone who can make holler and bleed rhyme is a dope mc .
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    nobody likes juelz
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    edited January 2011
    nobody likes juelz

Not even juelz himself, lol.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    pac had these two ? shook they did not mention makaveli the don name in the whole song

i dont know who they talking bout.maybe it's the same ? in that trash "throw a tv" line
    I can see what your saying, but when you dont even have the ? to mention the name of the guy you dissin, it doesnt work for me. Seems some real ? ? . Pac went at all those he had beef with without giving a ? .
    so why didnt they mention his name in the whole so called "diss"? You aint winning this argument man. lol
    jonathand wrote: »
    Any ? with half a brain knew who they were referring too. If "not mentioning his name" puts a band-aid over bleeding hearts, so be it. Bottom line, Pac wasn't ? with P, lyrically.
    a_list wrote: »
    was there in confusion when you heard drop a gem on em...could u honestly sit there and ask who were they talking about?........
    agreed

pac called these ? ? out by name while these ? was shook like ? 2 mention his name plus they put that trash diss out after he died but what can u expect from a purse snatching car thief
    LMAO. So if any ? with half a brain knew who they were referring to, then why not just say his name. This dont make any sense. Like or not, there was a element of ? -ness behind the whole thing. Mobb Deep aight, but I cant take them cats seriously.
    smh at this ?

pac name was not mention in that trash non rhyming song made after makaveli the don died

plus havoc is just ? it's clear he's having fantasies bout ? ?

Just for clarification "Drop A Gem On Em" was recorded while Pac was alive (shortly before his death) and Mobb mentioned him by name on the original version but he died before it could be released so they took out the explicit references and left the subliminal 1's in. How u feel about that is personal though
  • INFAREDSHAWTY
    edited January 2011
    bull6599 wrote:
    Mobb mentioned him by name on the original version

mudda2.jpg
    and how is that not a ? move when pac released hit em up on single a month after he got out of prison

pac had the two ? shook

Actually Hit Em Up wasnt released until June 96. It was a B-side to How Do U Want It which was the 3rd single for AEOM
    mudda2.jpg

LOL. My bad I was thinking about some other ? . But the rest of my post stands. It was definitely recorded while Pac was alive