Grown & Sexy question: stock tips and investments...

Options
Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Strictly Business
for 2011, my goal is to be financially wealthy. i'm not tryin to have the same broke debacle i had throughout 2010. and bump waiting until i'm 65 to enjoy my 401k. so, does anybody have any stock and investment tips? i would like to invest in something that'll have a good return. what are y'all thoughts? what kind of stocks, or investment have you made? did you make or lose any money?

holla back wit your responses

Comments

• Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    before anything is addressed. What are your goals and expectations?
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    before anything is addressed. What are your goals and expectations?

Before that who are the chicks in the avi and sig??????????????????????
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    still-SBP wrote: »
    Before that who are the chicks in the avi and sig??????????????????????

before that inbox a real ? your number boo
  • still-SBP
    edited January 2011
    Options
    before that inbox a real ? your number boo

before that inbox a real ? a proof pic lil mama
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    still-SBP wrote: »
    before that inbox a real ? a proof pic lil mama

before that inbox a trill ? a ? proof pic
  • still-SBP
    edited January 2011
    Options
    before that inbox a trill ? a ? proof pic

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwd!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • YungHeartLess5
    YungHeartLess5 Members Posts: 413
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Invest in higher end retail... its on the rise
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Invest through an investment company, if you know nothing about stocks, you don't just want to jump into it. My friend's a stock broker now, there's a lot that goes into it, especially logic (the maths kind, unions, intersections and all that). But I know he has invested quite heavily in banks and that seems to have a decent return. The idea from what I gather is low risk, long term returns. It's not about the quick buck, unless you're willing to risk losing your money.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Over the past couple of years, I've been doing financial research and looking into the basics and logic of investing!

The best site that I've been on in a while is www.investopedia.com, you can go there and actually read up on alot of different things on investment.

The combination of that and Google Finance has really helped me understand alittle more about investing.
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »

And this is a good thread to go to, however people that have done their research beforehand understand it better.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Over the past couple of years, I've been doing financial research and looking into the basics and logic of investing!

The best site that I've been on in a while is www.investopedia.com, you can go there and actually read up on alot of different things on investment.

The combination of that and Google Finance has really helped me understand alittle more about investing.

Have you invested yet? What has been the results of your investments, if so?
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Have you invested yet? What has been the results of your investments, if so?

I'm on 401K Roth and I have another Roth from another job!
    Many times I wanted to get started however school has really prevented me from saving up!

So I started working with a simulated account to monitor my progress, I've done it from investopedia before with that contest that was
    ran on here years ago. But this year I'm trying to pay off the rest of my debts and start investing and whatnot! And I mean start from little!
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What is Roth?

It's probably a good idea to start off with a simulated account, it's like when you first start out playing poker!
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    What is Roth?

It's probably a good idea to start off with a simulated account, it's like when you first start out playing poker!

Roth IRA, and yea I was anxious to start so I just made a simulated account!
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    did the simulated thing with folio investing forreal back in 01 and invested in marvel before they started releasing all the movies.....wow anyway. just started again and so far well, up until last week my ? was doing alright avg...around 8-10 percent return but now that ? dropping and close to me breaking even...however I doing the dollar cost average thing and continually putting in 150-250 a week so of course my return gon vary a lot. I plan on keeping my stocks for 6 months before I do any major changes..so I can gain some useful info. the only big change was I sold my stock in reynold america..marlboro cigarettes...I dont smoke and the stock wont doing nothing special so ? it.
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Options
    did the simulated thing with folio investing forreal back in 01 and invested in marvel before they started releasing all the movies.....wow anyway. just started again and so far well, up until last week my ? was doing alright avg...around 8-10 percent return but now that ? dropping and close to me breaking even...however I doing the dollar cost average thing and continually putting in 150-250 a week so of course my return gon vary a lot. I plan on keeping my stocks for 6 months before I do any major changes..so I can gain some useful info. the only big change was I sold my stock in reynold america..marlboro cigarettes...I dont smoke and the stock wont doing nothing special so ? it.

Nice @ Marvel!! Very nice!! But yea same here I'm planning on dropping at least $100 a month into the investment accounts for stocks/mutual funds/bonds/ etc. Start buying multiple shares, however I'm buying and holding unless a major crash happens that I must sell back!
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Nice @ Marvel!! Very nice!! But yea same here I'm planning on dropping at least $100 a month into the investment accounts for stocks/mutual funds/bonds/ etc. Start buying multiple shares, however I'm buying and holding unless a major crash happens that I must sell back!

honestly that marvel thing was a good fluke..I didnt plan it that way .I was always a comic fan as a kid and I generally invest in things I actually support in some way or another. the movies just worked in my favor.