Blu: Two releases on the way, FIRST quarter, 2011!

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Essence
two-new-blu-albums-2011-300x277.jpg
California MC, Blu, continues to build hype for his newest music, announcing last week that he will be releasing two separate records in the first quarter of 2011, with both consisting of a combination of previously-released and new material.

First, Nature Sounds is poised to print a new version of Blu’s debut album, Her Favorite Colo(u)r, which was originally released as a free mixtape in 2009. The album will be packaged as a deluxe special edition, including a second disc, Blu’s long-awaited The Godlee Barnes LP.

The two-disc set is slated for a March 2011 release.

Secondly, Nature Sounds has also said that they will be releasing a digital and vinyl project from Blu on February 15, 2011. Amnesia will be an EP comprised of tracks from Her Favorite Colo(u)r along with previously-unreleased music.

These two announcements come after rumblings of Blu reuniting with San Diego producer, Exile, for a follow-up to their highly-acclaimed 2007 album, Below The Heavens.

Blu is reportedly signed to Warner Brothers and working on finishing up his untitled major-label debut. There’s no word yet as to when that may be released.

Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

Her favourite color definitely deserves a proper release, whilst I'd really like to hear the Godlee Barnes LP too.

Sounds like a good start to the year for your boy Blu.

Fingers crossed he gets his major label debut out fast before working with Exile. He should have always done the follow up to BTH with Exile before doing his own debut, IMO. But if he's made friends with The Roots and co. then maybe it's a good thing...

Thoughts?

Comments

• MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited January 2011
    loved his first album. that my name is... song to introduce it was crazy.
    'and they still spell my name ? up on them flyers, its b-l-u, so if you see the 'e' drop em, its like they dropping e from the beats e is droppin'
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Good stuff. '11 shaping up real quick.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    first day cop!!
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Thats my son right there
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Sounds dope.

Has anybody heard "A Day Late & A Dollar Short"? I hear people talk about "Below The Heavens" a lot, but not the ADLADS.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Sounds dope.

Has anybody heard "A Day Late & A Dollar Short"? I hear people talk about "Below The Heavens" a lot, but not the ADLADS.
    Haven't heard (of) it. What's it like? Is it something that's mostly produced by exile...is it before or after BTH?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    im not gonna get my hopes up......we'll see
  • elzo69
    elzo69 Confirm Email Posts: 2,707 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I dont think a he dropping on a major but im hoping Below the Heavens>>>>>
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Blu is better than 99% of the industry atm.

Defo guna look out for this.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Sounds dope.

It's the only one I've not listened to and you've just reminded me about it, I'll be back after I've listened to it :tu
    elzo69 wrote: »
    I dont think a he dropping on a major but im hoping Below the Heavens>>>>>

He's signed to a Major now, his Major Label debut will be NoYork which is also going to be released this year.
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Blu is better than 99% of the industry atm.

Defo guna look out for this.

His tracks on "How I Got Over" kind of showed his skill on the mic even amongst the ? (Black Thought), he has the potential to drop album of the year (again). But I'm all about BTH 2.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    It's the only one I've not listened to and you've just reminded me about it, I'll be back after I've listened to it :tu

He's signed to a Major now, his Major Label debut will be NoYork which is also going to be released this year.

His tracks on "How I Got Over" kind of showed his skill on the mic even amongst the ? (Black Thought), he has the potential to drop album of the year (again). But I'm all about BTH 2.

co signature......
  • elijahcraig
    elijahcraig Members Posts: 24
    edited January 2011
    I'm still hoping for another Blu & Exile project.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    I'm still hoping for another Blu & Exile project.

It has to be in the works, I know a long while back, Exile stated that it was happening in the near future, but I don't remember where I read that... it can't not happen IMO, like the RE sophomore release... it was always going to come. Blu & Exile's will come a lot sooner than that one though.