Blu - NoYork! (2011) Tracklist and Features inside! Production from Madlib and Exile!

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    satyrone wrote: »
    you know i dont know i never heard it until he said he was gona release it a while back. tho i thought it was supposed to be a double disc with another unrelaesed album. but his Jesus mixtape/album is pretty dope tho

Ahh okay, thanks. I got it when he first dropped it as a mixtape which must be a few years ago now, I heard the rumour that it'd be dropped as a double disc as well, which had me hyped, but it doesn't look that way as it dropped over at UGHH in April.

Maybe the Jesus mixtape is what he thought he would drop with it. Either way, that release escaped me, props for the heads up!

My favourite track from Her Favo(u)rite Colour:
  • VisionsOfFire
    VisionsOfFire Members Posts: 223
    edited May 2011
    Below The Heavens was CLASSIC. I'll check for NoYork, but fact of the matter is his inconsistancy had me pretty much forgetting about him, if it wasn't for his verses on The Roots' album he might has well have hung the mic up.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I forgot to mention, they just re-released Below the Heavens on undergroundhiphop.com

It's deemed Collection Status!

below+the+heavens.jpg
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Below The Heavens was CLASSIC. I'll check for NoYork, but fact of the matter is his inconsistancy had me pretty much forgetting about him, if it wasn't for his verses on The Roots' album he might has well have hung the mic up.

I think he's had a few forgettable releases, but that's just me (or us by the sounds of it). Some people warmly received CRAC Knuckles (The Piece Talks) and Johnson and Jonson (Powders & Oils).

I think it goes to show that if you have a producer like Exile in your corner producing timeless beats, it raises your game just as it did as you mentioned on How I Got Over.

He could do with a few Roots produced tracks on his second solo album and remember that he's been collaborating, this will be his first official follow up!
    traestar wrote: »
    I forgot to mention, they just re-released Below the Heavens on undergroundhiphop.com

below+the+heavens.jpg

Props Trae :tu
    dude fell off after below the heavens hope this got that below the heavens feel

Nah, he hasn't fallen off per se, the last thing he did before his latest Jesus tape that I found out about earlier, was his collabs on How I Got Over... he's on top form there:
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited May 2011
    Looking forward to this, good set of producers and hopefully should be quality
  • VisionsOfFire
    VisionsOfFire Members Posts: 223
    edited May 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    I think he's had a few forgettable releases, but that's just me (or us by the sounds of it). Some people warmly received CRAC Knuckles (The Piece Talks) and Johnson and Jonson (Powders & Oils).

I think it goes to show that if you have a producer like Exile in your corner producing timeless beats, it raises your game just as it did as you mentioned on How I Got Over.

He could do with a few Roots produced tracks on his second solo album and remember that he's been collaborating, this will be his first official follow up!

Yea The Piece Talks album was okay, same with the J&J project, however neither even neared the quality of BTH.
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    I didn't hear CRAC Knuckles but Johnson and Johnson was my ? !!

He's making a name for himself right now, he didn't fall off, however
    alot of his releases I feel are now are not as marketed as Below the Heavens
    was. Meaning it's quite easy to have missed a Crac Knuckles, Amnesia or Jesus, you
    would have to do the searching yourself
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    OHHH ya'll talking about this??

TR396036LP.jpg

I was meaning to check this out
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    gotta get this...
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

below+the+heavens.jpg

Just copped this, good looking.
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Looking forward to this, good set of producers and hopefully should be quality

I can't see it being anything less... this is the real follow up to Below The Heavens, everything else was decent/good, but I'm guessing this will be the second best CD that we'll have heard from him since we where first introduced.
    Yea The Piece Talks album was okay, same with the J&J project, however neither even neared the quality of BTH.

Yeah, I still listened to them because I think he's a great artist, but I'm with you... it's funny how Exile has created two of the greatest artists of the 00's with his production... not saying that they wouldn't be known now, but they've both created great albums due to his soulful beats. He's the undergrounds Kanye West in terms of his early Roc-A-Fella days.
    OHHH ya'll talking about this??

I was meaning to check this out

That's the one Trae, worth a listen, but not a BTH.
    gotta get this...

I think this is going to sell really well... I think Blu's on everyone's radar this time round.
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Just copped this, good looking.

Same.

Copped it with Fashawn's Boy Meets World and Eligh's Grey Crow!! :tu
  • NatFromTheBay
    NatFromTheBay Members Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    I can't wait for this.. its gonna be hot. I like Blu a lot but Blu + Exile is like magic
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    I can't wait for this.. its gonna be hot. I like Blu a lot but Blu + Exile is like magic

Yeah, production is really varied though, just hoping it doesn't sound all over the place! Welcome to the I.C. and more so The Essence :tu
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I thought J&J was before Below The Heavens.

I haven't heard any dip in quality from dude though. I'm looking forward to NoYork.
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    I thought J&J was before Below The Heavens.

I haven't heard any dip in quality from dude though. I'm looking forward to NoYork.

No, it was slightly after, but not so much... I think this album will prove any naysayers that are left wrong... dude's gifted.
  • mephistopheles
    mephistopheles Members Posts: 97
    edited June 2011

below+the+heavens.jpg

Props for mentioning this.
  • traestar
    edited June 2011
    Props for mentioning this.

yea man, this album being reissued was sort of a big deal, dude!

Before then because of the rarity of the album at the time, this album
    on Amazon cost almost $200!! And this is no lie, someone told me at Fatbeats
    and then I actually checked for it myself and he WAS NOT LYING!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    yea man, this album being reissued was sort of a big deal, dude!

Before then because of the rarity of the album at the time, this album
    on Amazon cost almost $200!! And this is no lie, someone told me at Fatbeats
    and then I actually checked for it myself and he WAS NOT LYING!!

I dislike that albums generate so much money when it should be going to the artists!!!

Bought it this time round though, along with Eligh's Grey Crow and Fashawn's Boy Meets World.

Great that we're back online, will check in tomorrow when I'm not posting from my phone.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
  • traestar
    edited June 2011
    I dislike that albums generate so much money when it should be going to the artists!!!

Bought it this time round though, along with Eligh's Grey Crow and Fashawn's Boy Meets World.

Great that we're back online, will check in tomorrow when I'm not posting from my phone.

Well if it's strictly from some of the indie labels, the artists should still be getting a vast majority of revenue.
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Well if it's strictly from some of the indie labels, the artists should still be getting a vast majority of revenue.

My bad, I meant Amazon, I've always wanted to purchase Nujabes albums, but they're all mega-expensive and sold 2nd hand for the most part for much more money... I know Nujabes wouldn't be seeing that money anyways now, but he would have when I looked into purchasing had I been able to cop directly at a nicer price. My point is, fans are making a lot of profit on their CD's if they're willing to sell. At the same time, Indie artists should stock their CD's and make them more widely available if there's an expectant market (as is the case with BTH).
  • traestar
    edited June 2011
    My bad, I meant Amazon, I've always wanted to purchase Nujabes albums, but they're all mega-expensive and sold 2nd hand for the most part for much more money... I know Nujabes wouldn't be seeing that money anyways now, but he would have when I looked into purchasing had I been able to cop directly at a nicer price. My point is, fans are making a lot of profit on their CD's if they're willing to sell. At the same time, Indie artists should stock their CD's and make them more widely available if there's an expectant market (as is the case with BTH).

OH...man hell yea!! Amazon is definitely making a killing!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    OH...man hell yea!! Amazon is definitely making a killing!!

Yeah and Indie artists probably aren't making as much money as they should be... an album like BTH should never be out of stock, it's an album that's going to be well-recommended and received in future years, it might not sell by the boat load, but it's definitely an album newcomer's are going to purchase!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011
    The last track on the album dropped about a month and a half ago:
  • RuffDraft
    edited July 2011