MVP keeps it gully

Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Former WWE talent Hassan Hamin Assad (a/k/a MVP) sat ringside amongst the audience at Thursday night’s Florida Championship Wrestling live event in Tampa, Florida. He booed some of the WWE developmental talent.

source: PWInsider.com

I don't know if it's a work or shoot, but it's funny that he shows up to boo the future of the company. He got a grudge, he mad.

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Some funny ? if it was real. I don't blame him for being mad though.
  • TaylorGang™
    TaylorGang™ Members Posts: 88
    edited January 2011
    that ? just mad.. he should be mad at his self for going along with that ? MVP gimmick.. "balllinnnn" wtf? he couldnt of really thought he was gonna b a heavyweight champ doin that corny ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    tell why u mad son
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    you telling me jack swagger and the great khali was world champion material but mvp isn't? mvp had the tools but the wwe never had any intentions of pushing him beyond the mid card. he should have gotten kozlovs push in 08.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    the ballin gimmick ? it up for dude and bein a ex convict limited his success (yea i know thats dumb and ? up)
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    i don't think the "Ballin'" thing was stupid because it got a falling from the crowd, who you would think doesn't know ? about rap music. The WWE usually tries to capitalize on when some little quirk about a wrestler gets over, but for some reason they neglected to do so with him.

It's just ? that the WWE didn't get him more over than what he was.

MVP had a following and he was OK on the stick, but who knows what was really going on with why he didn't go as far as he could have.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    That balling gimmick got old after a while, dude became stale.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    ballin made his whole career
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited January 2011
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    the ballin gimmick ? it up for dude and bein a ex convict limited his success (yea i know thats dumb and ? up)

tell Booker t that...
  • nightrhyder
    nightrhyder Members Posts: 33
    edited January 2011
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    tell Booker t that...

Was pre- PG era.
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    that convict ? people throwing out there is ? .

these kids could care less if he was locked up before. if anything, in this day and age, getting locked up is the "in" thing to do. ? , look at hip hop/rap, ? come out the bing more famous than when they went in. so i'm not buying that the WWE didn't push him higher because of his criminal past.

if you want to state that argument, then the ONLY reason why they didn't push him was because they didn't want to lose sponsorship and ? off stockholders. Which is ? in my opinion because some sponsors are crooks and the stock exchange is shady as well.

They didn't push the man because they had ? else to do for him, and as a black wrestler, that's all too common. Once that ? /shook and jive ? dried up, so did his run. Not saying he played a ? , but they stereotyped him as a former athlete that was whiney at first and became a backstabbing con artist. Then once that went no where because it was plain and dry, they had nothing for him. All the ? gimmicks were taken by JTG, R-Truth, Mark Henry, Kofi, and Shad.
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited January 2011
    ^yeah but stockholders and sponsors are the last one to tell you they crooks and shady....unless tellin you they crooks and shady will make them money or stop them from loosin it
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    I just really don't believe the convict thing has anything to do with it.

How could the WWE really be that concerned about image when they have people dyin every year from drugs and they do nothing about, but pretend it's like it's not even an issue?

The real reason why Book and MVP got ? on was because the WWE looks at it's black wrestlers as not having any place in the company other then being in a stereotypical/joke/cool role. In other words... It's racism. Just being real here.

Kofi's collage educated, but I bet you his black ass ain't gonna never have the strap either. There will always be some reason why a black wrestler can't make it.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    ya'll trippin with this convict ish

he sucked at locker room politics

the end
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    sobek wrote: »
    There will always be some reason why a black wrestler can't make it.

Ron Simmons held the champ belt.

Rock's basically black.

Booker T had a great run and personally requested to play a comedy heel role because that's what he enjoys.

D.Lo was doing great until he paralyzed a guy.

Black Lesnar (I forgot his name, he's the guy with the hilarious voice) got a mega push he didn't even deserve.

Shelton Benjamin simply had no charisma.

Kofi's a ? .

MVP's problem is that he's like 35 years old and as a result of his experiences, he really doesn't sense any good reason to put up with the politics of the Undertaker and all the guys who are brainwashed into that cult.

I hope he got a lot of money from that ridiculous TNA company, because I always enjoyed his work.
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited January 2011
    How could the WWE really be that concerned about image when they have people dyin every year from drugs...

by doing this
    pretend it's like it's not even an issue?
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011

Rock's basically black.

Booker T had a great run and personally requested to play a comedy heel role because that's what he enjoys.

Black Lesnar (I forgot his name, he's the guy with the hilarious voice) got a mega push he didn't even deserve.

Kofi's a ? .

MVP's problem is that he's like 35 years old and as a result of his experiences, he really doesn't sense any good reason to put up with the politics of the Undertaker and all the guys who are brainwashed into that cult.

I hope he got a lot of money from that ridiculous TNA company, because I always enjoyed his work.

Ron Simmons won the World Championship in WCW because there was a racial discrimination lawsuit against the company by some latin and black employees, for their improper firing from the company, and that includes people like Teddy Long. The counter the lawsuit and to make the company look like they are an EEO company, right before the case went to trial, WCW put the belt on Ron Simmons, a black wrestler, then settled the suit out of court. Not to say Ron didn't earn the title because he did work his ass off at that point, but the main event was Vader vs. Sting storyline, with Rick Rude looming for his shot, and the debut of Jake "The Snake" Roberts into the company. On a night in Baltimore, a predominantly black city, Ron has his named pulled out of a paper bag to face Vader for the belt on a night Jake Roberts attacked Sting and DDT'd him 2-3 times on a chair, injuring his neck when Sting was supposed to face Vader for the belt. Ron was crushed the entire match, getting some blows in, but Vader dominated him throughout until he slipped up and missed a powerbomb attempt, hit the ropes and got caught with a powerslam to lose the belt. The match was made to look like a fluke and Ron's title defenses against Rick Rude were all flukes because he would win on DQ's. The only opponent Ron beat clean during his run with the belt was Cactus Jack and that was because WCW was about to send Cactus down to ECW.

The Rock held the belt because he was good on the stick. He wasn't that good of a wrestler, he only had a few moves in his arsenal, something even the original DX used to harp on him about during promos. Then he started using the Sharpshooter. And to advertise a 2nd generation wrestler of a famous black wrestler was a trendy thing to start doing. His heat was on another level and he was given catchphrases that were too memorable for him to get over. This is a totally different era and everything these guys do are scripted. Rock went off the script a lot to get himself over and he didn't feel the pinch from management for doing so because business was loose back then. MVP had no leverage in doing what Rock did to get over.

Booker was a classic example of coming up from the bottom and working your way to the top. When all the older wrestlers left WCW and business started to suffer, he was the go-to guy, regardless of his color. He had the work ethic and the people were familiar with him. He couldn't talk for ? , but he was entertaining in the ring.

Dudes like D-Lo, Kofi, and Shelton probably were never going to be a world champion anyway. They lack that "something" that'll make them world champion material. I never said MVP was world championship material, but instead of maintaining his push and making him a main event wrestler, they push Undertaker to come out of an injury fast and put the belt on him. Then in a month Undertaker is gone again with another injury. At least they could have kept MVP a upper mid card performer and possible world title contender.
  • sobek
    edited January 2011

Rock's basically black.

Kofi's a ? .

WCW was trying not to look racist because they were in a lawsuit.

The Rock doesn't really doesn't look black and really didn't represent being black either. He represented Samoans. Acting like he's broken down doors for black wrestlers would be like saying Halle Berry broke down doors the the Gabby Sidibes of Hollywood.

Booker T didn't succeed outside of The King Booker gimmick and never had true credibility. He was always Triple H's ? .

I like D'lo but acted like just like a ? . Didn't know he paralyzed a guy though

Lashley didn't deserve it, but neither did Brock. They shoved him down our throats until we accepted him as being legit.

You're right about Shelton. Agree 100%

LMAO @ kofi being a ?

I'm just sayin, They let Jack "Sufferin Succotash" Swagger hold the world title and they couldn't let MVP hold it, let alone just actually be in a world title match? That's some ? , imo.
  • Mally_G
    edited January 2011
    WCW was trying not to look racist because they were in a lawsuit.

The Rock doesn't really doesn't look black and really didn't represent being black either. He represented Samoans. Acting like he's broken down doors for black wrestlers would be like saying Halle Berry broke down doors the the Gabby Sidibes of Hollywood.

Booker T didn't succeed outside of The King Booker gimmick and never had true credibility. He was always Triple H's ? .

I like D'lo but acted like just like a ? . Didn't know he paralyzed a guy though

Lashley didn't deserve it, but neither did Brock. They shoved him down our throats until we accepted him as being legit.

You're right about Shelton. Agree 100%

LMAO @ kofi being a ?

I'm just sayin, They let Jack "Sufferin Succotash" Swagger hold the world title and they couldn't let MVP hold it, let alone just actually be in a world title match? That's some ? , imo.

D-Lo paralyzed Darren "The Droz" Drozdov on a botched Sky High slam
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011

what does black look like? every one knew he was the son of rocky johnson and he had a gimmick were he was a member/leader of a group called the nation ( a take on the Nation of Islam) and he constantly called the majority white crowds trailor park trash as a heel...the crowd saw him as a person of color and thats what he represented....and are u insinuating that halle didnt break down doors for black simply b/c her skin is light thats like saying obama hasnt done anything for the representation of blacks...
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Acting like he's broken down doors for black wrestlers would be like saying Halle Berry broke down doors the the Gabby Sidibes of Hollywood.
    You'd need a tank to break down a door wide enough for Precious.
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    what does black look like? every one knew he was the son of rocky johnson and he had a gimmick were he was a member/leader of a group called the nation ( a take on the Nation of Islam) and he constantly called the majority white crowds trailor park trash as a heel...the crowd saw him as a person of color and thats what he represented....and are u insinuating that halle didnt break down doors for black simply b/c her skin is light thats like saying obama hasnt done anything for the representation of blacks...

A lot of people use the nation augment, but it really doesn't hold much weight, imo. When The Rock was in the nation he represented a black man, yes. But as soon as he stepped into the main event picture and got the strap, The WWE started to market him more as a Samoan/Hawaiian. Being a person of color and being black are two different things.

If Booker and Rock switched skins tones and hair textures, The Rock wouldn't have been as successful as he did when he was in the WWE. Nor would he be as successful in Hollywood either. IMO

And yes, I stand by my comment that About Halle Berry. I said that because while she is black, she doesn't represent the black masses in Hollywood. What door could a light skinned, biracial women knock down for a jet black, 300 + pound black girl in white Hollywood?
  • Copper
    edited January 2011
    A lot of people use the nation augment, but it really doesn't hold much weight, imo. When The Rock was in the nation he represented a black man, yes. But as soon as he stepped into the main event picture and got the strap, The WWE started to market him more as a Samoan/Hawaiian. Being a person of color and being black are two different things.

If Booker and Rock switched skins tones and hair textures, The Rock wouldn't have been as successful as he did when he was in the WWE. Nor would he be as successful in Hollywood either. IMO

And yes, I stand by my comment that About Halle Berry. I said that because while she is black, she doesn't represent the black masses in Hollywood. What door could a light skinned, biracial women knock down for a jet black, 300 + pound black girl in white Hollywood?
    im gonna need a few examples for the bolded b/c I remember them still mentioning his fathers name way more than they did mavia's name...
    and yes part of the rocks looks was cause for his success...just as much as his charisma/creativity was....
    and gabriel sidbiede was one big bish in one movie she doesnt represent the majority in black hollywood herself ....but what hallie did was push the envelope when it came to black leading female roles in hollywood not 400 lb hippos...
  • Copper
    edited January 2011