edited January 2011 in The Weight Room
im curious...

breakfast : cup of plain oatmeal with a little protein powder added
snack:some almonds
lunch:salad with just romaine leaves some tomatoes and light Italian dressing
snack: protein shake
diner: plain potato and 1oz grilled chicken

i eat the same thing everyday and im seeing results but damn its monotonous

(idk if this has already been done yet if so sorry)

Comments

• jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wtf all this protein u tryin to get brolic?

I eat nothing but ? and I look like a leaned out cheetah gawd
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    wtf all this protein u tryin to get brolic?

I eat nothing but ? and I look like a leaned out cheetah gawd

lmao naa im trying to lose weight bruh, goin to Hawaii in the summer time

p.s i hate you and your fast ? ass metabolism
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Oh lose weight. Damn idk what it's like to have to watch what you eat.

I'll prolly get there in like 10 years
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im curious...

WTF is 1oz of chicken? A chicken strip? You can eat more than that you're not going to put on weight eating grilled or baked chicken.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    damn i just realized i put one 1oz lol i meant 1 breast/ patty/ what ever the ? yeen know what i mean

? still aint big tho :/
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You dont have to eat the same thing everyday. Just create a caloric deficit :tu Find out how many calories per day your body needs to sustain its weight and create a deficit from that. Knock off a few hundred calories or so, add in exercise and you're good to go :tu

• truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I find it easier to eat the same thing everyday for the most part so u dont gotta recalculate calories or think about what u wanna eat...but some people need variety
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    breakfast : pancakes/waffles
    snack: microwave dinners, debbie cakes and ?
    lunch: burger, chicken sandwich, sub, along those lines
    snack: more of the snack cakes and ? , shoestring potatoes >>>
    diner: more of the lunch ? , spaghetti, hamburger helper, tacos, etc.

skinny ? post
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would love the life of trying to gain weight LOL my diet is pretty OK, I just need to cut down on portions because I eat/snack way too much. I would like to cut about 10-15 lbs in the next 2-3 months but for now...

Breakfast: a banana and lots and lots of coffee
    Lunch: coffee usually. Maybe a granola or protein bar. Sometimes a small salad
    Dinner: 1/2 cup of beans, salad/ veggies, and a sweet potato
    Snacks: granola bar or protein bar or nuts or a sweet potato

Oh, and I'm always at the gym- doing cardio... but I don't lose anything
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would love the life of trying to gain weight LOL my diet is pretty OK, I just need to cut down on portions because I eat/snack way too much. I would like to cut about 10-15 lbs in the next 2-3 months but for now...

Breakfast: a banana and lots and lots of coffee
    Lunch: coffee usually. Maybe a granola or protein bar. Sometimes a small salad
    Dinner: 1/2 cup of beans, salad/ veggies, and a sweet potato
    Snacks: granola bar or protein bar or nuts or a sweet potato

Oh, and I'm always at the gym- doing cardio... but I don't lose anything

Damn female diets are WOAT.

I dont have a set diet, just try and be very aware of what I eat. Mornings will usually be a protein(egg and some lean meat) probably with some veggies. Oatmeal occasionally.Some fruit(banana,pear,apple) or maybe some yogurt.

I try and snack throughout the day staying away from refined carbs. Usually protein.

Incorporate as much fiber too from grains in the form of whole wheat breads and brown rice.

When it comes to meat i eat whatever but try and stay away from fried foods.

Im trying to bulk up as im fairly lean. I dont even do much Cardio but Yoga is GOAT. For me its not too hard to maintain my diet. Lately tho ive been ingesting too much sugar. In those damn juices. So ima drink more water like I used to. I dont really follow a diet its just lifestyle changes with some proper exercise. Weight training is good for ladies too yall always worry bout getting brolic.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    breakfast: either cereal or veggie omelette and fruit
    snack: fruit, yogurt, or granola bar
    lunch: tuna or salad and meat (fish/chicken)
    snack: same as before
    dinner: meat and veggie...sometimes i throw in a baked sweet potatoe or beans

i do cardio 5 times a week and have a cheat meal sometime between friday and sunday
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I find it easier to eat the same thing everyday for the most part so u dont gotta recalculate calories or think about what u wanna eat...but some people need variety

Me too, variety throws me off the boat
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im curious...

My diet consist of:
    Eating, 2-3 meals a day.
    Good proteins (Chicken, Turkey, , eggs ) 1.5g/kg of BM( Black Milk)
    Good veggies (especially string beans, broccoli, and spinach)
    1-1.5 servings of fruit a day (typically oranges/apples)
    Low carbs (whole grains), eating them PWO as much as possible.
    Drinking only water and whey protein
    No HFCS, few simple sugars, etc.
    Creatine in my body everyday and along with nitrogen oxide.
    Along with extensive power lifting and weightlifting every 3 days, follow by cardio and vortex exercising the next 2 days. Then before I go to bed at night, I do about 5 sets of diamond push ups and spider push ups as well.

Breakfast: whey protein. Lite Meal

Lunch: Usually fish like shrimp or calamari , with a salad. Or a chicken salad with sprint of lemon with avocado. Lite Meal

Dinner: Will consist of a Heavy meal like for example salmon cakes(fish), with garlic mash potatoes and collard greens.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i'm trying to put on like 20lbs this year (i got that insanely fast metabolism too), so i'm gettin serious about eatin right and exercising. i've started on the protein shakes and have been pretty consistent

breakfast: egg white omelet w/ veggies, slice of turkey bacon, half a grape-fruit and protein shake

lunch: either a salad with some lean chicken and light dressing or a veggie wrap, and baked chips (i love chips), protein shake

dinner: i eat all kinds of things for dinner, i usually stick to lean meats. like last night i made some meatloaf using ground turkey and some steamed veggies. i like rice too. and i drink a protein shake after

i don't like to deny myself, so i'll eat what i want, i just watch my portions, and try to cut out as much fat as possible when i'm cooking.

for exercise, i do kundalini yoga for 60-min 3 times a week and pilates for 30 min twice a week. at home, i use my elliptical machine for like 15 min every morning, and do like a 100 crunches, i'm a stickler for nice abs, so i try to really stay on top of it

Hi kai, I like your style of diet, with your workout though, You might want to do squats as well, with a little weight resistance. This will tighten your buttocks, hips, thighs and abs at the same time, even though you do crunches, squats target each area.

As for you gaining pounds, since you want to gain 20, You might want to eat less meals in bigger portions. This will rise slightly.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Breakfast: Eggs and banana
    Snack: Strawberry protein shake
    Lunch: PB&J sandwich
    Snack: Granola bar
    Dinner: Hamburgers with fries
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    umm i have no diet. not really tryin to lose weight. but not tryin to get fat. any advice? i damn there eat everything. but i'm tryin to cut back on the late nite eating
  • PerplexWords
    PerplexWords Members Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal, Cup of milk.
    Snack:Orange
    Lunch: Steak w/ vegetables, Water.
    Dinner: Tuna sandwhich, Milk.
    Snack: Orange.

That was yesterday, Threw that steak in the oven for 1hr and 20mins and your dude was eating good after that.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn, look like some of yall subscribing to that concentration camp refugee diet.

No diet but I keep carbs low and slow (minimal sugars) which includes no white rice or white potatoes. I diet like a diabetic most of the time with at least 200G of protein a day. I try not to eat more than 40G carbs at any given meal.

Typical day
    Breakfast: Oatmeal and egg whites with 1 yolk, or pancake mix with protein powder with low sugar jelly, or slow carb and 50G protein shake
    Lunch: Left overs from dinner -probably throw a piece of steak between 2 pieces of whole wheat bread or a chicken/turkey breast sandwich
    Snack: whatever
    After workout: Shake
    1 hr after workout: usually Shrimp or Steak and Eggs or something with high protein moderate fat and less than 40G of slow carbs
    Snack: whatever but VERY low carb before bed

But one day a week usually between Leg day and Back day workouts I'll eat some pizza or Popeye's Chicken. You know how n---z is with they popeyes.

Don't really have a "diet" but once you really get to know how the macro/micro nutrients affect you, it really don't matter until you trying to get to 10% or below bodyfat while keeping muscle.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn, look like some of yall subscribing to that concentration camp refugee diet.

No diet but I keep carbs low and slow (minimal sugars) which includes no white rice or white potatoes. I diet like a diabetic most of the time with at least 200G of protein a day. I try not to eat more than 40G carbs at any given meal.

Typical day
    Breakfast: Oatmeal and egg whites with 1 yolk, or pancake mix with protein powder with low sugar jelly, or slow carb and 50G protein shake
    Lunch: Left overs from dinner -probably throw a piece of steak between 2 pieces of whole wheat bread or a chicken/turkey breast sandwich
    Snack: whatever
    After workout: Shake
    1 hr after workout: usually Shrimp or Steak and Eggs or something with high protein moderate fat and less than 40G of slow carbs
    Snack: whatever but VERY low carb before bed

But one day a week usually between Leg day and Back day workouts I'll eat some pizza or Popeye's Chicken. You know how n---z is with they popeyes.

Don't really have a "diet" but once you really get to know how the macro/micro nutrients affect you, it really don't matter until you trying to get to 10% or below bodyfat while keeping muscle.

now this sound like sumthin i can stick wit
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When I am dieting I like a little bit of variety. That way I don't get sick of the same thing every day and I lose motivation when I have to calculate calories during the day. The key thing for me is planning and making what I can ahead of time.

breakfast: oatmeal /yogurt & fruit/ veggie & eggwhite scramble/ protein shake
    snack: protein bar
    lunch: fish & veggies/
    snack: babybel cheese/string cheese/baby carrots/pistachios
    dinner: baked chicken or fish & veggies/lentil soup/veggie soup & salmon/chicken salad

after workout: protein powder in 8 oz of light chocolate soy milk.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ok diet change

BREAKFAST: oatmeal
    SNACK:almonds
    LUNCH:salad
    SNACK: protein shake
    DINNER: grilled salmon, broccoli, salad
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Whatever i feel like.. Oh yea!
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^^^ i hate you bish
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    now this sound like sumthin i can stick wit

Yeah, actually it is.
    Alot of good food isn't bad once you tweek it.....

For instance, think lobster, crab, prawns, scallops, and other shellfish
    ...all very high protein, very low fat and very low carb. As long as you tweak the meal right it's all good.
    As long as you don't screw it up by adding tons of butter and other ? , you good.

Like right now, I'm eating some jambalaya with chicken (breast meat), shrimp, crab, okra, diced onions, chopped celery, tomato, corn, peas, with brown rice. I spice it up with pepper (black, a little red) instead of salts.
    As long as I don't go nuts with the portions it's a decent healthy meal with virtually little fat and low/slow carbs (corn is starchy though). This is a very good post-workout (lifting) meal. Or a decent anytime meal with a smaller portion. Eating healthy and enjoyable foods is not hard once you get the hang of it.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    howcan anyone eat the same ? day in day out? you can mix it up and be healthy, for breakfast ill rotate one day ill eat a bowl of high fiber cereal low on sugar and a banana or 2, next day ill eat a bowl of oatmeal and boil 4 eggs, ill eat two of them whole and the egg whites off the other 2, or ill eat the oatmeal with the bananas and eggs with the cereal whatever, sometimes on lifting days ill throw on a protein bar