What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

"OLD BATTLES" thread...........

Replies

• Tha KillaTha Killa Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Nigga what? Hahaha. Keak Da Sneak is/was one of the main Hyphy rappers gettin' play out here. Ghost Ride It didn't get that much play in the Bay fam. It really went overlooked out here. That's My Word is the quintessential Hyphy song fam. Why do you think it's not?
  • Roster Player #99Roster Player #99 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    fml.........
    edited October 2010
    tonys. wrote: »
    fml.........

Bwahahaha.

Anybody who can make a Hyphy beat that a nigga like Common or Black Thought can go off on, is a GOAT in the making. I know you can put your own spin on it without taking away from the Hyphy roots. Hyphy is WOAT, but I know you and Swiff can make it GOAT.
    edited October 2010
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Hyphiest :

iQuit

Fuck bof yall niggas. Errbody thank dey kno what hyphy is. Hahahaha. JK. Smh @ niggas outside of the Bay actually knowin' hyphy songs like that. I can't stand that shit but I guess it's cool to see a local thing gettin some shine nationally.
  • money mobmoney mob Posts: 420
    edited October 2010
    I would lose this round. LOL
  • Swiffness!Swiffness! PART OF THE CONSPIRACY Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    yea so i def don't have time for this at the moment

and hyphy should be called coon-hop imo

but i got some weird club shit from back in the day that i can post
    internet-reality.gif
  • Kang_Solomon_GrundyKang_Solomon_Grundy Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    yea so i def don't have time for this at the moment

and hyphy should be called coon-hop imo

but i got some weird club shit from back in the day that i can post

post that shit fam - who knows? it could be a "round-stealer"........
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited October 2010
    here's mine...12-11_sad face_.mp3 - 1.19MB..fml, again!
    edited October 2010
    here's mine...12-11_sad face_.mp3 - 1.19MB..fml, again!
    aw, shit now...........
    o5b1gw.jpg
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    2 1/2 weeks? you on 'dat super-duper ultra cp time, mayne!!!! if you take longer than this weekend, admit yo' defeat!!!!!

*edit - I'm stickying this, by the way
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited October 2010
    oooooooooh - you "raw-dogged" em'; the outro alone was disgustingly sickening! SOMEBODY CALL GHOST-DINI GOT-DAMNIT!!!!!
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited October 2010
    put a poll on this battle ice.
  • hexbeatshexbeats Posts: 12
    edited October 2010
    from where i can get the sample pack?
    edited October 2010
    hexbeats wrote: »
    from where i can get the sample pack?

I think they're just using whatever they want for this one, but feel free to join in......

Ice - you lookin' kinda' lazy out here, my dude......step that shit up!
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
    edited October 2010
    HOLY GRAIL

Here is mine....
    edited October 2010
    wtf is a sample pack.....and smh if the "Nas Lost" shit outshines the actual niggas in the battle...Ice put all three in the first post ...
    edited October 2010
    wtf is a sample pack.....and smh if the "Nas Lost" shit outshines the actual niggas in the battle...Ice put all three in the first post ...

With the samplepack, I think dude assumed that we were given samples to create out beats. He must have missed the no-holds-barred rule for this one.

As for the "NAS LOST" option, that shit is juvenile. And if you actually vote for that shit, you would be just as lame. Why waste a vote on that dumb shit? If you dont give a fuck about the battle, then dont even enter the thread. I wonder if niggas vote like that in real life. SMDH.
    edited October 2010
    On my word, nigga - if I see another "nas lost" or other silly-ass option in a voting poll, I'mma close that shit.......I like havin' fun like anybody else, but we need to maintain a certain level of integrity in this room!!!!
    ekrzon.jpg 24etdtj.jpg
  • DakariDakari Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    i would love to vote but zshare doesnt work on my cpu for some reason
    usershare/limelinx/hulkshare >>>
    edited October 2010
    You voted for urself. smh.

I did, but Im gonna be honest, not brutally honest because Im sure you know this as well....but your beat doesnt count, so it was a Money Mob vs Tony S. battle, Money's shit was tight, and I dont wanna lose.....so...HELL YEA I VOTED FOR MYSELF!
    edited October 2010
    what.... ?

fixed......
    edited October 2010
    you know whatm I digress, its all a matter of opinion, youre right, its up to the judges.
    edited October 2010
    oooooooooh - you "raw-dogged" em'; the outro alone was disgustingly sickening! SOMEBODY CALL GHOST-DINI GOT-DAMNIT!!!!!

thats crazy, I thought of the same person, or Black Thought....
  • GettinLoGettinLo Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    okay here's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth (usually worthless)

Young - Like the sample choice and how you worked the vocals inthere, shit was type smooth. Your chops were a lil sloppy tho, maybe b/c of a tight deadline. I kept hearing the lil "if" at the end of a loop and it was a bit distracting. Like the drums a lot, reminded me of MC Shan The Bridge and since I'm an old head, you really appreciate that... Solid effort just needs some polishing.

Tony - The sample and the concept was tight. like the Kang said, the Outro was on some otha shit. I loved that shit. I thought the drums were cools as hell , especially how you programmed that roll at the 3/4 mark in the bar. But that was also my problem too... I think I wanted a bit more drum variation. Conceptually, the beat is flames. My personal opinion is make your drums a 4 bar loop and BOOM game over.

Money - Since we're about the same age and from the same place and know some of the same people (even tho we've never met), I think we have similar music tastes. I think your beat was most "out of the box" ready for primetime. Good use of the sample, with enough sounds/voices to keep it interesting (something I struggle with). The drums have that tight Boom Bap East Coast feel (which I love). Could have used a variations for a hook like Young did, but I'm being picky.

In my humble and worthless opinion, I thought All did good work here.... I thought Money's stood out just a bit more. BTW I'd probably lose in a beat battle with all 3 of y'all.

Peace

-Aone
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnFHIdxlLo