So Can I Get Some Honest Feedback My Niqqas?

Options

Comments

• ViolentVigilante
    ViolentVigilante Members Posts: 55
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lmao at no one listening..

Nah my plays spiked mad high since I started this. Don't forget there's a ? load of lurkers out there.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    2013....HU all day.

Keep doing ya thing. I aint listen yet but, regardless of if its hot or not, STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard's a great school (no bias), go the J. Cole route. You got 4 years to get your degree. In that time, if you aint build a buzz worthy enough of ditching your proposed career for the industry, than keep it moving. If you do build a buzz, great....atleast you got the degree.

cosign................
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What are you studying @ Howard?
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What are you studying @ Howard?

Computer Engineering.
  • antarticp
    edited January 2011
    Options
    futher more im from delaware too mane livin in wilmington as we speak mane ... and u should already know aint ? music poppin off out here like that ... only thing u got back here waiting for u as far as making money is either a 9to5 or trappin !! SO GET THAT DEGREE MAN u on the right path ..... i didnt get my bachelors but i got my associates degree in engineering and im light years ahead of my peers out here ... financially ... i couldnt even imagin what i be doing if i had the bachelors ...

and @ the end of the day ... YOU LOOKING TO GET INTO PRODUCTION ... if u cant multi task making beats and school ... u must first get ya priorities straight cause your allowing too much time for something else if u cant balance the two ... the secret to music IS PRACTICE .... i checked u out and ya stuff isnt wack but its mediocre @ best ... but that will turn into fine wine as you continue to make more beats conistently over the years ...

besides all of that ... consider the work of a producer that isnt Kanye West or Swizz beat ... these guys gotta eat in between time in the mean time ... that bachelor will serve purpose of keeping steady money coming in .... you find alot of your favorite artist behind the scenes either have Jobs (barbers, promoters, parties etc...) or brought businesses with the money they made to keep a steady income ...

and the #1 reason to STAY IN SCHOOL ... is the INTERNSHIP !!!!!!!!! if your really serious about getttin in the game producing .. once your finished school u can get in the game the EASIEST WAY POSSIBLE INTERNING !!!!!! ur guaranteed to get one with graduating from school .... you foot in the door and its waiting for you @ graduation .......................................

trust your on the right path man ... get some of that maturity that school is gonna give u ... so u can handle all the great things that will come to you once your in the game ....

GOOD LUCK MAN !!!!!!!

;)
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    futher more im from delaware too mane livin in wilmington as we speak mane ... and u should already know aint ? music poppin off out here like that ... only thing u got back here waiting for u as far as making money is either a 9to5 or trappin !! SO GET THAT DEGREE MAN u on the right path ..... i didnt get my bachelors but i got my associates degree in engineering and im light years ahead of my peers out here ... financially ... i couldnt even imagin what i be doing if i had the bachelors ...

and @ the end of the day ... YOU LOOKING TO GET INTO PRODUCTION ... if u cant multi task making beats and school ... u must first get ya priorities straight cause your allowing too much time for something else if u cant balance the two ... the secret to music IS PRACTICE .... i checked u out and ya stuff isnt wack but its mediocre @ best ... but that will turn into fine wine as you continue to make more beats conistently over the years ...

besides all of that ... consider the work of a producer that isnt Kanye West or Swizz beat ... these guys gotta eat in between time in the mean time ... that bachelor will serve purpose of keeping steady money coming in .... you find alot of your favorite artist behind the scenes either have Jobs (barbers, promoters, parties etc...) or brought businesses with the money they made to keep a steady income ...

and the #1 reason to STAY IN SCHOOL ... is the INTERNSHIP !!!!!!!!! if your really serious about getttin in the game producing .. once your finished school u can get in the game the EASIEST WAY POSSIBLE INTERNING !!!!!! ur guaranteed to get one with graduating from school .... you foot in the door and its waiting for you @ graduation .......................................

trust your on the right path man ... get some of that maturity that school is gonna give u ... so u can handle all the great things that will come to you once your in the game ....

GOOD LUCK MAN !!!!!!!

;)

Damn cuz, you're right about a lot of that. I was planning on going the intern route, but for my Engineering job. But everything you said makes sense bruh. I made this move to get out of DE cause like you said, wasn't ? popping. A ? got tired of cutting pizzas, can't make a career out of that. Thanks for the encouragement man.
  • antarticp
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Computer Engineering.

yo man ur def gonna b good mane thats what i went to school for .... and fyi the industry is corporate ... aka NETWORKED !!!!! so thats two routes into the building ... if u can intern musically ... u could intern as thier network admin ... <
    which always sets you apart from the pack everyone thinks the network guy knows everything and is ? like .... #speakingfromexperience ;)
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Computer Engineering.
    Something that can set you up on a stable career path.

Music is a hobby until you can reliably use it to get money whenever you want by doing it.

Set aside a specific window of time a couple days out of the week to try and work on the craft. If you stay consistent and disciplined you shouldn't have any problem being successful w/ school at the same time.
  • antarticp
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Damn cuz, you're right about a lot of that. I was planning on going the intern route, but for my Engineering job. But everything you said makes sense bruh. I made this move to get out of DE cause like you said, wasn't ? popping. A ? got tired of cutting pizzas, can't make a career out of that. Thanks for the encouragement man.

no doubt mane and good luck ... sidenote i work in NEW JERSEY (had to leave to get that $$$$$) and but i still live in delaware (nj property taxes are thru the roof!!)
  • antarticp
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Something that can set you up on a stable career path.

Music is a hobby until you can reliably use it to get money whenever you want by doing it.

Set aside a specific window of time a couple days out of the week to try and work on the craft. If you stay consistent and disciplined you shouldn't have any problem being successful w/ school at the same time.

it def will man im living proof and im still climbing that ladder ... i got guys thats making 100k per yearing doing what i do ... and im in route to hitting them digits ;)

who said u cant make money as a black man working a 9to5 ;)
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What exactly do you do right now?
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm 18, go to an HBCU in D.C.

The more classes I take, the more a ? be wanting to drop out. lol.

I've made beats for a few years, and haven't really let many people hear my work. Let me know what ya'll think please? If I have potential, I may devote more time to promotion and perfecting my craft.

http://www.reverbnation.com/infalliblemusic

not lyin right there bruh
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not lyin right there bruh

Where you go fam?
  • JayEyeTheKing
    JayEyeTheKing Members Posts: 523
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Stay in school until you actually are making lots of money and know its your future. If not, just do it as your side hustle and keep working at it.

That tag is kind of annoying though lol only put it no more than like 6 times cause that stuff makes it annoying to listen too haha

But I like what I hear
  • JayEyeTheKing
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But also, your beats are pretty plain, nothing sparks out that makes you different than any other producer out there. You gotta create your OWN sound thatll really grab someone's attention, and if you want to have a future with music you gotta be selling beats and steadily making money and building a buzz as a producer.
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Stay in school until you actually are making lots of money and know its your future. If not, just do it as your side hustle and keep working at it.

That tag is kind of annoying though lol only put it no more than like 6 times cause that stuff makes it annoying to listen too haha

But I like what I hear

? be jacking beats though, that's why my ish tagged up like abandoned buildings. I'll come up with a more subtle one though, thanks bruh.
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    But also, your beats are pretty plain, nothing sparks out that makes you different than any other producer out there. You gotta create your OWN sound thatll really grab someone's attention, and if you want to have a future with music you gotta be selling beats and steadily making money and building a buzz as a producer.

Noted. That's what I'm trying to find man. You hear a Pharrell beat, and know it's him. etc.

Thanks for the feedback though cuz.
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Bumped for more opinions.
  • RED Hood
    RED Hood Members Posts: 617
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Bumped for more opinions.

what type of daw etc do you use
  • D.James1026
    D.James1026 Members Posts: 257
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They do have a "plain" feel to em, but it would prolly sound completely different with a rapper on em and the tags off...."Track 3" is the best one tho
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

GOOD LUCK MAN !!!!!!!

;)

The world is a SMALL, SMALL place.

I'm from Wilmington too. Born & raised. From West Side. 5th & Madison. Near Adams Fours Shopping Center & the old McDonalds on 4th.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Damn....all these ? from Delaware lol. I ain't know we was deep like that. Yea....there aint ? in Wilmington bruh.....except I-95 to get the ? out.
  • JayEyeTheKing
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No prob, Im in the same position as you right now producing, just tryna keep getting better with it and create my own sound
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    RED Hood wrote: »
    what type of daw etc do you use

FL studio all day cuz.
  • ViolentVigilante
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Damn....all these ? from Delaware lol. I ain't know we was deep like that. Yea....there aint ? in Wilmington bruh.....except I-95 to get the ? out.

lmao. I'm jacking that fam.