Underground Super Group: Create your own, 4 members, ANY combo of Producer's/Emcee's

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Essence
There can be any combination of Artists/Producers in your group of 4 members... maybe you wish to have a single producer bringing a cohesiveness to your groups LP's or maybe you want to really bring something fresh with three producers and a single artist who is bringing the story of the LP's to the listeners, with nothing but precise one man productivity... the choice is yours!

Here's mine:

Thefour.jpg

Producers:

Eligh
K-Os
Deacon The Villain
Masta Ace

Emcee's

Eligh
K-Os
Masta Ace
Deacon The Villain

I have chosen to create a group that has inclusive producers, all of whom have great lyricism, ability to craft a classic album and would therefore push the group towards perfection.

Deacon The Villain has produced for Masta Ace before and they have been together on a classic track "Seasons", they have a drive and vision for the same kinda hip hop and K-Os & Eligh would fit into this category. Deacon's appeared on classic albums, has his own production company (you know I'm stealing Kno on production for a few tracks for free!) and is introspective like the other choices.

Masta Ace has a flawless discography and could help the group as possibly the most prolific emcee of them all.

K-Os originally stopped creating music after he was disappointed with what he produced as an Artist (DON'T KNOW HOW!) but he came back with a bang that's big like the Universe. His vocals would be perfect for many of the groups hooks and he can take it back to the old school beats or make it new school, he's versatile and as creative as a producer as he is an emcee.

Eligh is a recovering alcoholic whose production has been some of the best of last year, he's able to get the group to collab with the rest of The Living Legends and he's one of my favourite artists of the minute.

I've left out Kendrick Lamar, which was tough, but I feel my group would produce an absolute classic.

What's yours?

Comments

• stevenjx712
    stevenjx712 Members Posts: 37
    edited January 2011
    Kno
    Brother Ali
    RA The Rugged Man
    Jus Allah

Im not sure if this would be a good combination or not
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Kno
    Brother Ali
    RA The Rugged Man
    Jus Allah

Im not sure if this would be a good combination or not

Props, nice mix, Brother Ali would be interesting over Kno's production for a full album though, how come you've chosen the other two? They your favourite emcee's along with Ali?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Producers

Just Blaze
    Nottz
    Soundtrakk
    Large Professor

Emcees

Elzhi
    Royce Da 5'9
    K'naan
    Kano
  • stevenjx712
    stevenjx712 Members Posts: 37
    edited January 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Props, nice mix, Brother Ali would be interesting over Kno's production for a full album though, how come you've chosen the other two? They your favourite emcee's along with Ali?

I like Kno and thought Brother Ali and Kno would sound good together. I was trying to think of two other rappers to go with them, they arent my favourites but thought it might be a good mix, not sure if the production would suit them.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Producers

Just Blaze
    Nottz
    Soundtrakk
    Large Professor

Emcees

Elzhi
    Royce Da 5'9
    K'naan
    Kano

That's a big group Dilla, nice to see Elzhi and K'Naan though, never thought of K'Naan as a group member!

I said 4 members!! lol
    I like Kno and thought Brother Ali and Kno would sound good together. I was trying to think of two other rappers to go with them, they arent my favourites but thought it might be a good mix, not sure if the production would suit them.

Yeah, agreed. Nice list anyways and good to see you posting :tu Keep contributing.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    hmmm, now this is interesting!!

Producers:
    Team Stones Throw
    Madlib
    Oh No
    Peanut Butter Wolf
    Dam FUNK

Emcees:
    Team NYC Legends
    J-Live
    Sean Price
    Large Professor
    Masta Ace
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
  • VisionsOfFire
    VisionsOfFire Members Posts: 223
    edited January 2011
    Black Milk
    Royce Da 5'9
    Elzhi
    Sean Price
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited January 2011
    R.A. The Rugged Man
    Sean Price
    Celph Titled
    Apathy

With Stoupe doing the beats.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Emcees

Planet Asia
    Ras Kass
    Blame One
    R.A The Rugged Man

Producers

Evidence
    Dj Muggs
    Exile
    Black Milk
  • sshami88
    sshami88 Members Posts: 11
    edited January 2011
    Very weird combination but

Rappers

Finale
    Invincible
    Brother Ali
    Tunji

Producers

Black Milk
    Madlib
    Kno
    Ant
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited January 2011
    ahhh ? this is a tough one....

nujabes
    madlib
    del
    k-os

I think with jazzy funky beats combined with dels creative mind and k-os' versatility this would be dope.

cage
    kno
    sole
    el-p

I think these guys are on the same level and could definately deliver a solid album.

del
    aesop rock
    jay elec
    madlib

ohh ? i think this might be my fav right here.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011

nujabes
    madlib
    del
    k-os

I think with jazzy funky beats combined with dels creative mind and k-os' versatility this would be dope.

cage
    kno
    sole
    el-p

I think these guys are on the same level and could definately deliver a solid album.

del
    aesop rock
    jay elec
    madlib

lol @ you bringing Nujabes back from the dead haha

That second group is dope...
  • traestar
    edited January 2011

nujabes
    madlib
    del
    k-os

cage
    kno
    sole
    el-p

del
    aesop rock
    jay elec
    madlib

Nice lineup on all!
    But the bolded I would call Team Weathermen
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    ^^^ nice!!!

Thanks Dilla
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    R.A. The Rugged Man
    Sean Price
    Celph Titled
    Apathy

With Stoupe doing the beats.

Can see what type of hip hop you're in to lol

Nice list though... I think The Essence like the more ? emcee's overall... which is funny as they aren't to my tastes as much.
    Black Milk
    Royce Da 5'9
    Elzhi
    Sean Price

That's a nice lyrical list of emcee's, I don't personally like Sean Price that much, he isn't to my tastes, but he is advanced with his skills.
    traestar wrote: »
    hmmm, now this is interesting!!

Producers:
    Team Stones Throw
    Madlib
    Oh No
    Peanut Butter Wolf
    Dam FUNK

Emcees:
    Team NYC Legends
    J-Live
    Sean Price
    Large Professor
    Masta Ace

Nice mix Trae, I personally feel Masta Ace should be in anyone's top 4 emcees for a group!!
    satyrone wrote: »
    Emcees

Planet Asia
    Ras Kass
    Blame One
    R.A The Rugged Man

Nice to see Blame on that list :tu
    sshami88 wrote: »

Producers

Black Milk
    Madlib
    Kno
    Ant

That's some line up of producers, I might substitute out Black Milk (controversially) but otherwise, that's not half bad at all!
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Apart from being a hip hop legend, I don't know them personally but it seems like Kool G Rap and Masta Ace are some of the most down to earth figures in hip hop!

And respect to Black Milk, some people don't agree with him either lyrically or production wise, but shoutout to him man, he still brings a sound thats different from popular ? out there. And can rhyme to boot.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    traestar wrote: »
    Apart from being a hip hop legend, I don't know them personally but it seems like Kool G Rap and Masta Ace are some of the most down to earth figures in hip hop!

And respect to Black Milk, some people don't agree with him either lyrically or production wise, but shoutout to him man, he still brings a sound thats different from popular ? out there. And can rhyme to boot.

Yeah, Ace, from the modesty of his rhymes and how he rhymes from the perspective of another dude on a stoop looking out at life that he sees and almost avoids in the do good'er outlook... dude's a genius.

Black Milk has received more and more credit as a lyricist since he stepped out from behind the boards, it's good hip hop, but he hasn't caught on me on that level yet.
  • traestar
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, Ace, from the modesty of his rhymes and how he rhymes from the perspective of another dude on a stoop looking out at life that he sees and almost avoids in the do good'er outlook... dude's a genius.

Black Milk has received more and more credit as a lyricist since he stepped out from behind the boards, it's good hip hop, but he hasn't caught on me on that level yet.

Truth, I hear where you're coming from!!
  • Jerecole
    Jerecole Members Posts: 55
    edited January 2011
    Stoupe
    Alchemist
    Necro
    7L
    (Producers)

Crooked I
    Chino XL
    Diabolic
    Apathy
    (MC's)
  • ninjasenses
    ninjasenses Members Posts: 157
    edited January 2011
    thoguht of this driving today:

RZA
    DEL
    (empty)
    (empty)

I know im breaking the rules but these guys are on the same level...would definately be a dope album!!
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited January 2011
    id like to see

shad, fashawn and k-os spitting on some exile beats.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    Jerecole wrote: »
    Stoupe
    Alchemist
    Necro
    7L
    (Producers)

Crooked I
    Chino XL
    Diabolic
    Apathy
    (MC's)

That's a rough and rugged album in the making :tu That might be Alchemist's first appearance in the thread too...
    thoguht of this driving today:

RZA
    DEL
    (empty)
    (empty)

I know im breaking the rules but these guys are on the same level...would definately be a dope album!!

Rule breaker, SMH lol.

That would be a great album though!
    id like to see

shad, fashawn and k-os spitting on some exile beats.

Shad is the only one on the list I'm unfamiliar with, anyone over Exile's beats would be amazing though, especially Fashawn as we already know... k-os would have to add something to Exile's though, IMO. Especially if he was going to be featured!
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited January 2011
    That's a rough and rugged album in the making :tu That might be Alchemist's first appearance in the thread too...

Rule breaker, SMH lol.

That would be a great album though!

Shad is the only one on the list I'm unfamiliar with, anyone over Exile's beats would be amazing though, especially Fashawn as we already know... k-os would have to add something to Exile's though, IMO. Especially if he was going to be featured!

definately listen to shad. i dont know how to embed but check rose garden and the 'T.S.O.L' album.
  • RuffDraft
    edited January 2011
    definately listen to shad. i dont know how to embed but check rose garden and the 'T.S.O.L' album.

Props, would you want Exile to collab with K-Os or would you think Exile's production would be spoiled by the introduction of k-os on the boards?