Best Producer in the Underground? Post Yours and Proof tracks!

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Essence
I have to go with Kno, he's producing music that I'd produce if I was to start producing, the melodic, creative and abstract beats that he creates are relaxed and yet your head still wants to nod... dude pulls samples for fun and has grown with his production, similar to how Ant's grown as well over the years, yet both have always been dope.

The ode to Kno as the greatest producer in the underground at the moment stems from one beat in particular that I find compulsive listening often when I'm sifting through my iTunes:
^^^ Possibly my favourite beat, ever. Everything that The Gates concept needed to be was portrayed through this piece of music. From everything from the strings to the door slamming shut and tempo; I don't know if it's just me, but if I was falling into eternity in a peaceful manner, I can imagine doing it to the drone that fills the track... only to hear his sample kick in.... "I tried it on..." it just has to be heard.

This beat is so relaxed when listened to as an instrumental, the drum pattern is nice in the background and makes the head nod and yet the actual melody that plays is very simple and repetitive... but the rhymes fit in with it perfectly... true meaning of a producer... otherwise, I think this would be a monotonous instrumental...

This has the same deep sounds of The Gates at times, but the sharp highs really infiltrate the track and the violin strings or the harp or whatever that instrument is that goes crazy every so often really brings the whole piece to life!

I have no idea what the instrument is when the verse kicks in that makes the whaling sound, but it's really nice along with the rest of the track which shows Kno's growth in my opinion, still simple but a much bigger sound than his earlier tracks, as I found with most of ? Acres.

----

Future best producer in the underground would have to be Exile though, if his discography was a little bit longer in longevity, I'd have had him instead of Kno. Boy Meets World was a perfect soundscape for any conscious artist, dude's mad gifted and the one to watch for the future.

Best producer in the underground... who's taking the title for you?

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited January 2011
    Of course Madlib and Kno.

But also Ant.

Not on YouTube right now, but just peep Panic Attack, Champion, Rain Water, and Bad Muthafucka Pts 1 & 2.
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    i don't really like saying someone is the best rapper or the best producer. i mean thats kinda silly because there's so many producers out there. but yall should check out this dude Cozmo. his beats are really dope.

he produced this scarface song off the made cd.
    i'll try to post up some more of his good beats later. he raps good too but hasn't released any material in a long time. i think he focuses on producing.
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    cozmo also produced all of these songs.

quite a resume for such an underground producer.

PRODUCTIONS:
    BUN B. TRILL 2 (Angel In The Sky)? C TRIBUTE..2008

JODY BREEZE..UNTITLED (What Gangsta''s Do)

CHOPPER CITY BOYZ.. UNTITLED..(This Aint A Rap Song feat. BLOODRAW)

JIM JONES. BYRDGANG ALBUM(We Want In. feat Max.B) 2008

EIGHTBALL. DO IT BIG(Music, Real Quick)2008

MJG. ? TIGHT(4 Songs) 2008

J.BO of THE YOUNGBLOODZ. ATL'S FINEST(4 Songs) 2008

YUKMOUTH. MILLION DOLLAR MOUTHPIECE (Cant Sell Dope Forever) 2008

C.BO AND YUKMOUTH. THUG LORDS (3 Songs) 2008

DEM HOODSTARZ. UNTITLED (No Panties On) 2008

SAN QUINN. FROM A BOY TO A MAN (3-4 Songs Untitled)2008

SKY BALLA. TYCOON STATUS (Mobbin All Day feat. E40 and San Quinn, I Go, Lets Talk Money, Creep With You feat Tynesha Keli, Im About Mine feat Mike Marshall )2008

HELL RELL. EAT WITH ME OR EAT A BOX OF BULLETS(The Streets Keep Callin Me) 2007

B.G. BUILT TO LAST( Same Ol 2 Step Feat Gar) 2007

YOUNG NOBLE AND FATAL HUSSEIN. THUG IN THUG OUT( Hella Bars, Where Will I Go feat Matt Blaque) 2007

SCARFACE. MADE (The Suicide Note) 2007

SAN QUINN. THE ROCK (Look What Ive Done For Them) Do That For Me, Gangsta Like Me) 2006

MESSY MARV. SCRAPERS STUNNAS AND WHITE T'S.(Dope Deala, What The Homie Provide feat Kurrupt, That Girl, Warrior, Ova And Ova, Click Clack Gang)2006

MESSY MARV. BANDANNAS TATOOS AND TOUNGE RINGS.(I Just Wanna Be Yours)2006

PLANET ASIA. THE SICKNESS( Act Like You Know)2006

DROOP E AND B SLIM. THE FEDI FETCHER AND THE MONEY STRETCHER (THE STORY OF MY LIFE)2006

HELL RELL. THE TITLE STAYS IN HARLEM (THE REALEST)2006

FRECK BILLIONAIRE (6O Bars)2006

PAUL CAIN. THE WRATH OF CAIN (3000 Bars)2006

SKY BALLA. THE MOBB REPORT ( Real Talk feat Juelz Santana, Aint Nothing Changed, The Big Payback feat Keak Da Sneak, If Ya Lucky feat. Notorious B.I.G, I Got The Feelin feat The Game, Flashy ? feat Stack Bundles, Off Top)2005

YA BOY. ROOKIE OF THE YEAR (Bust Back)2005

J DIGGS. BOTH SIDES OF THE GATE( The Way Of The Street feat Dubee and Tha Smuggla) 2005

SAN QUINN. I GIVE YOU MY WORD..(NORTHERN CALIFORNIA)2004