Kimbo Slice to appear/wrestle at WrestleMania XXVII?

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
- MMA fighter Kimbo Slice will make his pro wrestling debut on February 5th for WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki’s IGF promotion in Japan.

Slice will be taking on Shinichi Suzukawa in an “IGF Championship” match, says their website. That show will also feature fellow MMA fighter Josh Barnett and former WWE star Shane Helms.
- As reported earlier this week, former UFC fighter Kimbo Slice (real name Kevin Ferguson) will be making his pro wrestling debut in Japan next month for Antonio Inoki’s IGF promotion. Kimbo, who became famous videos of his Miami bare-nuckle boxing videos went viral, will face IGF champion Shinichi Suzukawa in his first match.

According to a source within WWE, the company is interested in bringing in Kimbo Slice to work WrestleMania 27. With an appearance by Brock Lesnar virtually a dead issue at this point, people within WWE think Kimbo has enough mainstream popularity to draw attention to the company’s showcase event.

LOL!!! @ bolded. These WWE kats dun bumbed they ? 'n heads. Kimbo's steam is gone. He was most popular 2-3 years ago. Everyone seen what he's about and he's done. I even heard he's trying boxing.......anything to stay relevant.

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He should've done this from the jump rather then doing MMA and looking like a complete scrub.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Regarding the report of Kimbo Slice making an appearance at WrestleMania XXVII, the mixed martial artist's name has been internally brought up as a potential special enforcer for The Undertaker at the event. Of course, nothing is confirmed as of this writing so please take this with a grain a salt for now.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Kimbo_Slice_As_Takers_Enforcer_At_WrestleMani.php

I HOPE THIS IS BULL AND I HOPE THEY DONT BRING BACK UNDERTAKER AS THE AMERICAN BAD ASS/BIG EVIL VERSION
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i read the same thing on another site
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    He should've done this from the jump rather then doing MMA and looking like a complete scrub.

^^^^

this.. but dude made some nice paydays in the process... classic overachievr
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Regarding the report of Kimbo Slice making an appearance at WrestleMania XXVII, the mixed martial artist's name has been internally brought up as a potential special enforcer for The Undertaker at the event. Of course, nothing is confirmed as of this writing so please take this with a grain a salt for now.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Kimbo_Slice_As_Takers_Enforcer_At_WrestleMani.php

I HOPE THIS IS BULL AND I HOPE THEY DONT BRING BACK UNDERTAKER AS THE AMERICAN BAD ASS/BIG EVIL VERSION

Are they talking about doing that???

? . I wouldn't mind at all if they did. Never really liked that zombie stuff.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    are they talking about doing that???

? . I wouldn't mind at all if they did. Never really liked that zombie stuff.

idk being its been 10yrs since it was brought to us,kimbo with a "deadman" really doesnt sound right now with "the american badass" is reasonable
    and the reason i dont want the badass taker is because wwe is pg now ? will be wack
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Kimbo should've did this in the 1st place instead of trying to do MMA. I think he can still draw eventhough he hasn't been seen for months.
  • sobek
    edited January 2011
    Options
    idk being its been 10yrs since it was brought to us,kimbo with a "deadman" really doesnt sound right now with "the american badass" is reasonable
    and the reason i dont want the badass taker is because wwe is pg now ? will be wack

Yeah, you right about that