LE Tournament #1 ROUND TWO - thedesolateone versus esco soprano

Options
raw-material_ahh
raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
edited January 2011 in Lyrical Executions
thedesolateone versus esco soprano
  • Check in by Monday, January 24, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • You can drop your verses before the check in due date.
  • Verses are due by Friday, January 28, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
  • Voting will end on Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:59 pm Eastern time.
Rules
Mandatory 16 lines.
Only one round.
5 votes first wins or most votes by the end date.
3 votes to 0 is a KO.
50 posts to vote unless you are participating in the tourney.
Legend24 & 7thwardslim cannot vote in this battle BC they will face the winner.
All votes MUST be explained well and no crew or hate votes.
Take criticism like a man or a lady. Everyone has their own opinion. Use the Predictions/? Talking Thread to voice your opinions, not this battle thread. Lastly, caught biting will disqualify you. Good luck.

Comments

• thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    microphone check ...
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Checkin in turn me up in the headphones
  • thedesolateone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    myspace not one pic of a girl/ closeted ? , reality shows your not on jersy shore growin up gotti/ 1
    but you sing and your fat youll hit a soprano high note though like luciano pavorotti /2
    letting italians stick ? in your ass taking their last name and thats lame/ 3
    gluttonous ? belongs in a room thats padded/ thoughts of movin up the bracket ? i run it/ 4
    know you like mans on you but dont make me put hanz on you ...raekwon joe budden/ 5
    you love to eat so ill give you two to your stomach /im not talking bout punches / 6
    wanna see what you had at the luncheon /practically guarentee it aint hummus / 7
    ? plata you get plomo esco you know lead man/ 8
    leave you in ? ass jersey dead man bloodied in muddy waters say it with me... redman / 9
    dont spit sick ? you just got mono/ 10
    quit the ganstalicious ? esco fore i belt you till you cry uncle/ 11
    make you tell them you dont come from that ? !then upload to youtube tommorrow. facebook that ? !/ 12
    gansta is a facade but this ass whopping aint gonna be fake/ 13
    peeped you hugging your moms on your myspace page/ 14
    be humble or i will be buttplugging your moms then nut in her face while she expecting me to nut in her palms/ 15
    lil colombo workis all it took and your gone/ oh and one more thing :get a ? to braid your hair/ stay out the ? salon/ 16

http://www.myspace.com/e_soprano/photos/19659662#mssrc=SitesPhotos_SP_AllPhotos_ViewImage

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/22/l_0c39c48020544c49bee1602f67884235.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/6/l_7c873940bd1947a895aaae3f3d0778f8.jpg
  • esco soprano
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Big dreams in this tourney but rookies pray for my down fall
    Trumpets should announce my arrival Newbies need to sound off
    Rhymes is like slugs desolate can't ? me with salt
    Not even Angelina it's not my fault
    I been gone all this time and I’m still the ? to beat
    Esco in ur nightmares Dezzy a ? let everyone hear u scream
    No stopping this rampage ? I am a "one" man A team
    Desolate huh? if u so alone let these 16 keep u company
    U have no style so x files u disappear with David Duchovny
    U "cold" don’t worry I'm just warming up
    true punchline king u don’t wanna start it up
    I never really ? with young ? that want attention
    Masterful flow I can afford to waste barz on these kittens
    I mean ? as I stay on my p's
    The "q"uestion is how can this skillful ? get at "one" for the price of two
    cheers this round is on me so all u young sergeants just fall in..... salute
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There is a 16 line rule. I'll reopen the thread when thedesolateone explains to me how that is 16 lines via PM.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thread is open. Let's see some votes. BTW, no editing your verse after both battlers have dropped. Up!
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'll be back to give my vote but I was very disappointed with this battle. Esco lookin' like Larry Holmes out chea....lyrically.

I'm also disappointed that Desolate based his entire verse on someone that isn't Esco Soprano, so it took away from what could have been a good battle verse. You also went waaaay over the 16 line limit even after the edit. Just 'cause you only have 16 line breaks don't mean it's only 16 bars, but I guess if Raw is willing to let you slide, I will too.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    I'll be back to give my vote but I was very disappointed with this battle. Esco lookin' like Larry Holmes out chea....lyrically.

I'm also disappointed that Desolate based his entire verse on someone that isn't Esco Soprano, so it took away from what could have been a good battle verse. You also went waaaay over the 16 line limit even after the edit. Just 'cause you only have 16 line breaks don't mean it's only 16 bars, but I guess if Raw is willing to let you slide, I will too.

I don't like moderating verses that are difficult to determine how many lines it has. It's obvious he has a unique flow, therefore it makes it hard to determine what is a line and BC some people rap fast, it's harder. And I didn't hear any complaints from esco after he saw his verse when I was talking to him out of this thread so I let it slide. My vote:

I really expected A LOT more from both of you. thedesolateone did well against The_Hamburger but he didn't bring the heat this time around for me. I saw one good line, unfortunately, I've heard this line many times (dead man bloodied in muddy waters say it with me... redman) so for me, it didn't hit hard. Other than that, I didn't see much creativity. For example:
    be humble or i will be buttplugging your moms then nut in her face while she expecting me to nut in her palms/
    Maybe tell me what you are buttplugging her like? Lol. Or you put nut in her face like what??? Maybe "I'm crazy for that crazy girl so I put NUT in her face" or "disrespect your moms and put "nut in her face" with the ? on her." ......but instead thedesolateone gave me "nut in her face while she expecting me to nut in her palms"
    Both battlers had metaphors but maybe 1 or 2 punched for me from both their verses. For example:
    This set had potential. I see the relation to slugs and salt but when you say your RHYMES are like SLUGS and you say desolate can't ? you with SALT, I don't see what salt does to humans or how it relates to music or guns since SLUGS also means bullets. It was like a hard punch that swung and missed. If you were battling a rapper named Angelina, it would've hit. Another weak line for example that didn't hit for obvious reasons was: myspace not one pic of a girl/ closeted ? , reality shows your not on jersy shore growin up gotti/ but you sing and your fat youll hit a soprano high note though like luciano pavorotti /2 because for some reason, he thought that myspace page was esco but regardless the punch didn't hit BC he's talking about esco hitting soprano high notes like pavorotti so I don't see how that's a diss.
    Anyway, this was one of the few highlights that came from esco: Esco in ur nightmares Dezzy a ? let everyone hear u scream because I see Esco as "Ghostface" and desolateone having a nightmare and "Scream"ing like a ? . It was a good line. But I give thedesolateone's verse a 5 and esco soprano's a 5.5. You guys didn't give it your best shot for me this time around. I know you guys are capable of more.

Vote - Esco Soprano
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    neither verse wasn't hard hitting but both had a few lines that caught my attention ...lyrically I would vote desolate 1.....but lets see how i can say this......a guy with a bomb in his hand but it goes off on himself.....since thats not "really" esco he's dissing then that makes Esco the winner in my eyes...damn desolate
  • thedesolateone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it says esco soprano .you mean two ? with the same corny ass name?that is esco
  • thedesolateone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't like moderating verses that are difficult to determine how many lines it has. It's obvious he has a unique flow, therefore it makes it hard to determine what is a line and BC some people rap fast, it's harder. And I didn't hear any complaints from esco after he saw his verse when I was talking to him out of this thread so I let it slide. My vote:

I really expected A LOT more from both of you. thedesolateone did well against The_Hamburger but he didn't bring the heat this time around for me. I saw one good line, unfortunately, I've heard this line many times (dead man bloodied in muddy waters say it with me... redman) so for me, it didn't hit hard. Other than that, I didn't see much creativity. For example:
    be humble or i will be buttplugging your moms then nut in her face while she expecting me to nut in her palms/
    Maybe tell me what you are buttplugging her like? Lol. Or you put nut in her face like what??? Maybe "I'm crazy for that crazy girl so I put NUT in her face" or "disrespect your moms and put "nut in her face" with the ? on her." ......but instead thedesolateone gave me "nut in her face while she expecting me to nut in her palms"
    Both battlers had metaphors but maybe 1 or 2 punched for me from both their verses. For example:
    This set had potential. I see the relation to slugs and salt but when you say your RHYMES are like SLUGS and you say desolate can't ? you with SALT, I don't see what salt does to humans or how it relates to music or guns since SLUGS also means bullets. It was like a hard punch that swung and missed. If you were battling a rapper named Angelina, it would've hit. Another weak line for example that didn't hit for obvious reasons was: myspace not one pic of a girl/ closeted ? , reality shows your not on jersy shore growin up gotti/ but you sing and your fat youll hit a soprano high note though like luciano pavorotti /2 because for some reason, he thought that myspace page was esco but regardless the punch didn't hit BC he's talking about esco hitting soprano high notes like pavorotti so I don't see how that's a diss.
    Anyway, this was one of the few highlights that came from esco: Esco in ur nightmares Dezzy a ? let everyone hear u scream because I see Esco as "Ghostface" and desolateone having a nightmare and "Scream"ing like a ? . It was a good line. But I give thedesolateone's verse a 5 and esco soprano's a 5.5. You guys didn't give it your best shot for me this time around. I know you guys are capable of more.

Vote - Esco Soprano

im butt pluggin her like like lil jack horner

anyway ill join the next tourney and have a load of punchlines and lyrical display.thanks now i know whats expected.i really wasnt ready to post because the verse looks different after you press reply and i was seeing how it looked but after i posted i noticed esco posted right after and i couldnt change it.i was still figuring out how to make it into sixteen and saying all the ? i wanted.
    i axed a few lines and missed out on adding what i wanted in there.i was confused about what you meant by lines i wish you would of said bars in the description.and the soprano high noted line
    was suppose to go with ? in his ass but i didnt get a chance to flip it and make the 16 line mark i also though people would get it cause i say that line right after.still i think i had the stronger verse anyway you slice it and was surprised myself how weak escos verse was after hearing how you been building him up.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    im butt pluggin her like like lil jack horner

anyway ill join the next tourney and have a load of punchlines and lyrical display.thanks now i know whats expected.i really wasnt ready to post because the verse looks different after you press reply and i was seeing how it looked but after i posted i noticed esco posted right after and i couldnt change it.i was still figuring out how to make it into sixteen and saying all the ? i wanted.
    i axed a few lines and missed out on adding what i wanted in there.i was confused about what you meant by lines i wish you would of said bars in the description.and the soprano high noted line
    was suppose to go with ? in his ass but i didnt get a chance to flip it and make the 16 line mark i also though people would get it cause i say that line right after.still i think i had the stronger verse anyway you slice it and was surprised myself how weak escos verse was after hearing how you been building him up.

It wasn't a matter of which verse made more sense to me, it was a matter of which verse hit harder for me. You haven't lost yet. You are down 0-2 and I hate to lose too but I didn't like either of your verses and I'm not the only one....
    C.Melendez wrote: »
    neither verse wasn't hard hitting...........
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    One guy didn't find your verses hard hitting and the other guy says Esco is rusty and comments on your misdirected lines. Even though you were dissing someone besides Esco, you still had personals on his name at least but it didn't hurt you at least in my voting that you were dissing some other guy. This was a hard battle to vote on BC I felt neither of you have any real good lines so it's hard to pick a clear winner. I just felt Esco BARELY BARELY BARELY got it. My bad man. Peace.
  • Aquaf!nafloe
    Aquaf!nafloe Confirm Email Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    this battle confused me,,,
  • esco soprano
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Angelina line was related to her movie salt. It's all good and to be expected after such a long layoff.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No round two desolate. Take that mess to the ? talking thread.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Angelina line was related to her movie salt. It's all good and to be expected after such a long layoff.

Lol. I know. I've seen it.
  • The_Hamburger
    The_Hamburger Members Posts: 136
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Vote - Esco Soprano

I saw one good line from desolateonre, unfortunately, I've heard this line many times (dead man bloodied in muddy waters say it with me... redman) so for me, it didn't hit hard. Other than that, I didn't see much creativity. For example:
    Anyway, this was one of the few highlights that came from esco: Esco in ur nightmares Dezzy a ? let everyone hear u scream because I see Esco as "Ghostface" and desolateone having a nightmare and "Scream"ing like a ? . It was a good line.

get out desolate
  • thedesolateone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the hamburger was too afraid to spit a verse against me
  • The_Hamburger
    edited January 2011
    Options
    the hamburger was too afraid to spit a verse against me

? im calling a rematch right now, u ? ? boy. shoulda subbed me in, i woulda beat esco easy. my 2 lines at esco >>>> anything you spit in ya whole verse

btw raw material, thats 3 - 0 votes, take this trash ? outta here
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So am I facing Esco in the 3rd round?
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's still 2-0 esco's way right? Votes must be explained and The_Hamburger's vote is just a copy and paste from my vote and Tha Killer never came back to vote. What's up?? Let's get some votes.
  • thedesolateone
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? im calling a rematch right now, u ? ? boy. shoulda subbed me in, i woulda beat esco easy. my 2 lines at esco >>>> anything you spit in ya whole verse

btw raw material, thats 3 - 0 votes, take this trash ? outta here

my verse is in the ? talking thread im waiting on you
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why can't y'all just record it with a voice recorder, or say it over a beat? Delivery and flow are huge when it comes to battling. ... This text battling is kind of wack.
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why can't y'all just record it with a voice recorder, or say it over a beat? Delivery and flow are huge when it comes to battling. ... This text battling is kind of wack.

Text battling focuses on rhyming, punches, metaphors, wordplay.........basically, lyrical writing skills.
    Not how good someone can flow. I can flow the ABCs better than anybody in the world but flow can only go so far. I agree with you on delivery though.
  • The_Hamburger
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It's still 2-0 esco's way right? Votes must be explained and The_Hamburger's vote is just a copy and paste from my vote and Tha Killer never came back to vote. What's up?? Let's get some votes.

? i didnt copy and paste your vote. i came up with that on my own, i didnt even see or read your vote.
    my verse is in the ? talking thread im waiting on you

make a thread, i aint dropping ? unless it gets the attention of the whole internet first.
This discussion has been closed.