Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    fresno1 wrote: »
    I'm just glad you don't believe it

Can you show some facts since you did some research? Your only threw around you opinion
  • Olorun22
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • fresno1
    fresno1 Members Posts: 113
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not to be mean I just saw that video but does that man have a education?.. Does he just put that dr in front of his name?.. He claims they come from egypt and gives out a bogus date when they came.. Then he stands in front of the rock and points at the features.. Do you really believe his THEORY?
  • fresno1
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Olorun22
    edited January 2011
    Options

Nope... but do you think that video was his evidence?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    anthony7q wrote: »
    According to Angelfire science native americans were bi-racial.
    i fixed this for you; you're welcome
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The only reason people/that dr Ivan guy believe they are from Africa cuz that rock happens to have big lips and a big nose which is stupid to begin with.

LOL yeah but the very first generation of Olmecs were likely Black. The 2nd generation, after adaption and DNA change, became the Mesoamericans we know today.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

lmao............
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited January 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

Don't act like this is something he just made up. These beliefs have been taught by the NOI, the 5%'ers and others.

I'm from the tribe called Batswana. My people live in
    different regions in southern Africa, in the countries of
    Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Angola, and Namibia, but
    mostly in South Africa and Botswana. Our language is
    called Setswana, or Sechuana. The elders that I mentioned
    are the custodians of secret knowledge in my tribe. This
    type of secret dissemination of knowledge exists in many
    other tribes throughout Africa. It originated, or rather
    V
    BLACKROOTS SCIENCE
    became secret, in ancient Egypt 6,000 years ago. Before
    then it was taught openly to all Black people starting at
    childhood.
    5. You consider all of Batswana to be one tribe? Are
    your initiations considered "general rites" which are
    conveyed among Afrikan community members as they
    reach certain ages, or are you receiving specialized
    training as a Dingaka and/or Sagoma?
    6. If you serve in one of these two capacities, please
    tell us how long you have been in training. Its rather
    exciting to think we have some Afrikan healers or
    priests from Southern Afrika living in the Americas.
    7. Also, if you don't consider it intrusive, please place
    more environmental context on your information. Tell
    us what the names of the Creator, Intermediary Gods
    and Ancestors are within your tradition. What are
    some of the rituals that are safe for general public to
    practice. Outside of oral history what are you
    authorized to share with Afrikans born in west?
    8. If you dont mind I want to put a small note on the
    first page of this post and in the title bar indicating
    that your spiritual knowledge is from Botswana.
    9. Our tribe of Batswana is divided into many smaller clans.
    I'm from the clan called Bakhatla.
    10. I'll briefly outline our initiation system for those who are
    new to such information. There are three types of initiatory
    training among my people, as is the case among many
    Afrikan tribes. The first is 'general rites' as you put it, which
    youths undergo at about puberty.
    11. After that, a handful are selected to be trained as
    Dingaka (Ngaka - singular; Dingaka - plural). The term,
    Sangoma, belongs to the Zulu tribe, and is not used among
    us, but it means the same thing, as you probably know.
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    not do they only have ? features they have ancient ? war helmets on as well...so if they're not negros then i was fooled
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Your talking 50,000 years ago.. Ya man originated from Africa, but to say they came from west Africa some thousand years ago is a solid no... I'm starting to believe that the native Indians might just have there own strong DNA make up.

More like 15,000 years, But i did say two waves and i also mentioned that they were out of Africa well before they made it to the Americas.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Whoever said the Olmecs were black or from Africa anyway? Most reputable people have only argued that it is possible that the Olmecs were influenced by early African explorers, and they've offered proof to support that theory. However, I don't think anyone of note has flat out said that all the Olmecs were black Africans.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LOL yeah but the very first generation of Olmecs were likely Black. The 2nd generation, after adaption and DNA change, became the Mesoamericans we know today.
    well, if we're talking "right out of Africa" black, it's unlikely given the length of time it took for mankind to spread across Asia. but that said, it wasn't a bunch of blond-haired, blue-eyed dudes chilling out in ancient Mesoamerica
    Don't act like this is something he just made up.
    no, i will continue to presume that anything you got from an Angelfire page that you can't even bother to format properly is entirely made up by crazy dudes on the internet
    These beliefs have been taught by the NOI, the 5%'ers and others.
    yeah, the NOI also taught that black dudes from Japan made a spaceship that's hanging out in orbit waiting for REAL trouble to befall black dudes. you know, aside from that massive slavery thing

"these beliefs have been taught by the NOI" is not an endorsement that spares an Angelfire page from ridicule
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    The Olmecs were indigenous Mesoamericans. Central Americans (of indigenous ancestry) should have a right to claim their own heritage. The ancient Egyptians (not including those of Nubian origin) weren't Black either. Their descendants make up the majority of Egypt's population and, contrary to popular belief, the Arab invasion of North Africa was mostly cultural, not physical. You'd be hard pressed to find a North African who does not have indigenous Berber or Egyptian ancestry.

Here we go again........

Stop making idiotic comments please, i'm tired of arguing about this ? , Kemet was an indigenous Black African civilization , thats it theres no need to argue about this again it should be common knowledge to any one who studies the history of the Nile Valley, stop perpetrating thoughts exhibited by 19th century racist colonialists
  • Lordhonka3
    Lordhonka3 Members Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    The Olmecs were indigenous Mesoamericans. Central Americans (of indigenous ancestry) should have a right to claim their own heritage. The ancient Egyptians (not including those of Nubian origin) weren't Black either. Their descendants make up the majority of Egypt's population and, contrary to popular belief, the Arab invasion of North Africa was mostly cultural, not physical. You'd be hard pressed to find a North African who does not have indigenous Berber or Egyptian ancestry.

lol what is an egyptian acestry

van sertima gave good evidence. i dont understand why people dont accept it and why is it so hard to believe that africans came to south america olmecs are africans it just seems obvious
  • andthencameSHA
    andthencameSHA Members Posts: 150
    edited January 2011
    Options
    my studies tell me that their is no clear LINK between egypt or the olmecs....

and my studies also tell me the south americans didnt start having african like features untill the slave trade

so one can only conclude that the olmecs are from africa
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    dude on you tube debunked that...

white people and the media are in denial.if you look at any scultures they look african not white or latino.i hate when the media lies to the world

just like they lied about egyptians being mixed people
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    white people and the media are in denial.if you look at any scultures they look african not white or latino.i hate when the media lies to the world

You didn't mention the aboriginals Indians. I thought that there were Indians there before the Spaniards and the slaves arrived. They do look like they can pass for Indians.
  • fresno1
    edited January 2011
    Options

Y would the sculptors look Latino or white.. No one is saying they were white or latin0... The Olmec did not come from Africa or any place from Africa(Egypt)
  • fresno1
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Olorun22
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • fresno1
    edited January 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

do you still want to end it

Are you being serious with that video?... My video drops science.. Your video.. Shows a bunch of rocks.. Ya they can only come from Africa lol... Shows little boat.. It's called a ocean, it's pretty big... I admire the guys attempt but u should realize why people have abanded his/this argument.. Fallback and take the loss.
  • Olorun22
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Are you being serious with that video?... My video drops science.. Your video.. Shows a bunch of rocks.. Ya they can only come from Africa lol... Shows little boat.. It's called a ocean, it's pretty big... I admire the guys attempt but u should realize why people have abanded his/this argument.. Fallback and take the loss.

I'm gonna be honest with you here.

1. I dont give a ? about the damn olmecs. Neither does anyboy in here as you can tell by the lack of the respond
    2. I just want to ? with you about it since you going to come on here and make a ? thread when you weren't even on here prior to it.
    3.Who are you? Why do you wanna know if some black people think the olmecs are from africa?
    4. Salassin what are his credentials? you ? putting videos of this dude trying to debunk people with doctors degrees?
  • fresno1
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Number 1... I figured that along time ago, I always wondered y u kept responding.

Number 2/3.. It's my history, don't want it to be stolen... I wanted to know peoples input on here.. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

Number 4... There just trying to sell a book... That other cat putting those videos has put in alot of work and backed it up.

I thought this was a big boy site?
  • Olorun22
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Number 1... I figured that along time ago, I always wondered y u kept responding.

Number 2/3.. It's my history, don't want it to be stolen... I wanted to know peoples input on here.. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

Number 4... There just trying to sell a book... That other cat putting those videos has put in alot of work and backed it up.

I thought this was a big boy site?

1. Nobody can steal you history so I dont why you think that.
    2. Why are you in the United States you should be there trying to help you people and their country
    3. are you Salassain?