Who is a Better Producer Dilla or Kanye?

Options
2»

Comments

• bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dilla. Ye is a legend don't get me wrong, but there's nothing like a Dilla beat.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LMAO yall ? is buggin man. Dilla aint even known in his own city
  • illogics
    illogics Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Be real. Kanye rarely produces a wack beat, mediocre albums sometimes but not wack beats. and he's got madd classic beats to his name already, whole albums worth if we don't even factor his own but add Jay-Z and Common. He's better with the samples. Production is rarely mundane and stagnant, there's almost always a switch up within the beat. Dilla was aight, he aint ? wit Kanye in this arena tho. Be real my ? .
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LMAO yall ? is buggin man. Dilla aint even known in his own city

I could care regardless where he's known at. They don't have a Dilla day in the ATL for nothing
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dilla entrances the hip hop fan with his production. I can't even call it beats. It's far more than that to me.

And he goes uncredited A LOT. You'd be surprised what he has produced.

Couldn't say it better.

Dilla is my favorite hip hop producer alongside Madlib. As an overall artist id say Kanye edges out. As a producer, I don't think Kanye can ? with Dilla until his career continues for another decade.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I got Kanye overall, but Dilla was far more versatile and diverse than Kanye West is.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    what about the ones he did with Common?

or maybe Busta? or maybe De La Soul? Keith Murray? Ghostface Killah? Raekwon? Erykah Badu? Dangelo? Bilal?Brand New Heavies? even Janet "Got til It's Gone"
    (oh didn't know he produced that eh well Jammy & Terry pulled a "Puffy" and jacked his ? )

and surely you nodded your head to the tracks he produced for the Pharcyde and definietly the Roots

thats the thing with dilla, he was so undercover. he did a lot of peoples favourite beats and they dont even realise it..
    dilla dying didnt all of a sudden make me a dilla fan, all it did was show me that i had been a dill fan for the longest time and just didnt know it. i aint gna lie i jumped on the bandwagon and downloade his discographies and what not but when listening to them, the amount of times i remember sitting there thinking wtf? dilla made this? i love this song.

plus i see dilla more of a producers favourite producer.....like you can definately appreciate him if you just wanna listen to good music ? he makes good music, but if your into making music and how sounds are crafted are what not, i think u gain a greater appreciation for dilla does with his drums, samples, arrangements, etc.

anyway dilla is greater than kanye in my opinion but kanye is still dope....well old kanye was, i dnt really listen to him much nowadays