Has internet played a vital role in your belief/disblief in "? "

Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The more time I spend on the internet the more my belief in ? slowly fades away. I'm actually slowly but surely coming to the realization that ? may not exist after all. And it's mainly because of the intelligent and logical arguements put out there by atheist. I don't like this because I want to believe. I want to believe that there is something or someone up there watching us. I want to know that there will be ultimate repercussions based on how we live our lives here on earth. I want to still believe.
I don't necessarily want to be inclined to practice a certain religion but rather have a stronger spiritual connection. My spirituality is at an all time low. I find myself becoming a bit nihilistic and hopeless.

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I don't let the evil in the world thats all over the net get to me.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    lol naw the internet.... detroit did though
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited January 2011
    Will Munny wrote: »

is your belief in ? or spirituality so strong that it can't be influenced by ? on or off the net? if so how did you come to that point?
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Nice post. great thread. I was just thinking about this.

As a Black Man, I know i am from Africa. I know that it is wrong to worship in the ways of our former slavemasters, whether it be the whites or the a-rabs. It is so disrepectful to be christians and muslims. those are the religions that conquered our people. History shows it.

Do i believe in ? ? yes. But i also believe in science because science is showing us how everything came into fruitation.

Do i want to go to heaven? Nope. rather cease to exist or travel beyond space in a way that science cant even see yet.

am i wrong for feeling like that? i hope not. but if im ultimately wrong, i should not go to hell and burn with the bad people because im not bad. but if not believing in jesus is going to give me hell, then i'll take it. I'll be with the ? ass asians who aint have nothing to do with Jesus. opps. i mean jesus. The jesus story is stolen and christians are too scared to look into it. Aint nothing origninal. here is proof.

and check this out.

everything is stolen. and when in doubt; blame the white man.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited January 2011
    jusdre313 wrote: »
    lol naw the internet.... detroit did though

yeah I'm from detroit too so thats reasonable. lol
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited January 2011
    The internet showed me that James Brown, Michael Jackson, and Prince can all be on the same stage together.and i love my daughter. the internet gave me her because i met her moms, my lady, on this ? .
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited January 2011
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    Nice post. great thread. I was just thinking about this.

As a Black Man, I know i am from Africa. I know that it is wrong to worship in the ways of our former slavemasters, whether it be the whites or the a-rabs. It is so disrepectful to be christians and muslims. those are the religions that conquered our people. History shows it.

Do i believe in ? ? yes. But i also believe in science because science is showing us how everything came into fruitation.

Do i want to go to heaven? Nope. rather cease to exist or travel beyond space in a way that science cant even see yet.

am i wrong for feeling like that? i hope not. but if im ultimately wrong, i should not go to hell and burn with the bad people because im not bad. but if not believing in jesus is going to give me hell, then i'll take it. I'll be with the ? ass asians who aint have nothing to do with Jesus. opps. i mean jesus. The jesus story is stolen and christians are too scared to look into it. Aint nothing origninal. here is proof.

and check this out.

everything is stolen. and when in doubt; blame the white man.

lol wow. I agree that Christianity and Islam were a tool to justify white and Arabs enslaving Africans. It has also been a tool for many other evils as well. While I dont harbor the same level of hostiliy towards whites I see where your coming from. It is completely obsurd that were worshipping the same "? " that allowed our enslavement.
    I also agree with you on the part about science. If anything science only shows that ? should be viewed from a much much more larger spectrum than how it is portrayed in the Holy Bible or a lot of other religious texts
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    if thats the case you really never had a strong foundation in wat u believed anyway. It was only a matter of time
  • Sovo_Nah
    edited January 2011
    lol wow. I agree that Christianity and Islam were a tool to justify white and Arabs enslaving Africans. It has also been a tool for many other evils as well. While I dont harbor the same level of hostiliy towards whites I see where your coming from. It is completely obsurd that were worshipping the same "? " that allowed our enslavement.
    I also agree with you on the part about science. If anything science only shows that ? should be viewed from a much much more larger spectrum than how it is portrayed in the Holy Bible or a lot of other religious texts

Thank you for your post. it makes me feel all fuzzy inside when someone knows what im talking about. I only know what i know because of college which led me to do research on my own which led me to the teachings of the "Afrikan Villiage" which is headed by the Dr Ray Hagins.

I dont follow that man, but he is one of the few people on this earth who is speaking the the truth about our peoples. He say that he dont wanna be a "Black Leader" because the white folks ? black leaders off. He say he rather just be a messenger and use his teachings so that people like me can help spread it.

Am I wrong?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    uh, nope. not at all
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    It played a part, but not a vital one.

It mainly just let me know that not everyone believes in what my family does.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    The internet allows you access to ideas you would have never even considered without it.

The internet is about the free flow of information.

And this is bad for religion.

Religion's not going to go away completely (mostly because of that built-in "be fruitful and multiply and brainwash your children as early as possible" clause) but a lot more people are going to reject these hilarious beliefs because of the internet.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Nope. It was being 12 years old and reading Omni Magazine, along with being raised in a mostly atheistic household.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    Will Munny wrote: »

So it's "evil" that would make you suddenly realize that believing in magic is silly?

LOL
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited January 2011
    if thats the case you really never had a strong foundation in wat u believed anyway. It was only a matter of time

You know what it means to have a "strong foundation" in religious belief?

I do.

It means you will refuse to listen to anybody who is able to show the obvious holes in your beliefs.

It means you stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU, JESUS IS GREAT, LALALA"

It means you have been trained to be willfully ignorant.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    you should always have strong faith in ? no matter how things look or how you feel.Only ? can save you!!!not the internet,no woman or your family.so you better keep the faith or regret it forever on judgement day.I promise you.you dont want to lose the faith bruh
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Always questioned the existence of ? . Doesnt take the internet to know a lot of the believes dont stand the test of logic.

But it gave me a lot of proof of what I already though and showed me where to find evidence of inconsistencies, etc.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    The more time I spend on the internet the more my belief in ? slowly fades away. I'm actually slowly but surely coming to the realization that ? may not exist after all. And it's mainly because of the intelligent and logical arguements put out there by atheist. I don't like this because I want to believe. I want to believe that there is something or someone up there watching us. I want to know that there will be ultimate repercussions based on how we live our lives here on earth. I want to still believe.
    I don't necessarily want to be inclined to practice a certain religion but rather have a stronger spiritual connection. My spirituality is at an all time low. I find myself becoming a bit nihilistic and hopeless.

in the sense that now there's more information than ever available it has affected it, but no one person's argument for or against the existence of ? has affected what or how I believe...that's only done by people who actually know me personally
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
  • anthony7q
    anthony7q Members Posts: 782
    edited January 2011

Well. Thanks to the internet and this forum I found out about Black Roots Science. This is the belief that all black people are ? incarnate and now at this present time we are living in a state of forgetfulness with the white/light skinned races ruling over us.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    The internet allows you access to ideas you would have never even considered without it.

The internet is about the free flow of information.

And this is bad for religion.

Religion's not going to go away completely (mostly because of that built-in "be fruitful and multiply and brainwash your children as early as possible" clause) but a lot more people are going to reject these hilarious beliefs because of the internet.

people will reject it more and more as they're exposed to more information that contradicts what they've been told all their lives...i've always found it interesting though that depending on the area in science, you'll get alot of them who actually do believe in ? ...i wrote some papers about it and if I remember correctly at one point a few years ago up to 2/3 of scientists believe in ? , don't knwo what the numbers are now though
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    no,but the net did let me know that there are more people who dont believe in fairy tales
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    yo fiat,you know a good place to find internships in the computer field?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Absolutely. I mean the first thing people do to prove their argument is post a link!
    As far as beliefs go...Its good to know that Im not the only one who feels like theism is a hoax.
    I find myself becoming a bit nihilistic and hopeless.

Yes its somewhat depressing in the beginning. But eventually after you remove your security blanket.. you start to deal with reality on realities terms.. and imo thats how you make real improvements in your situation. Its very liberating..
    Theres a whole cheery side to atheism that is quite jubilant.