lilhd47 Members Posts: 833
    edited January 2011
    Options
    greatest thread ever.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    So it's "evil" that would make you suddenly realize that believing in magic is silly?

LOL

I believe in magic cause I make magic every time I make love.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    ^^^True^^^

Believing in ? is faith based...not logic based.

Either you believe or you don't.

You are right,which is one reason I don't believe.Faith is not factual while logic is rooted deep in fact.Faith can not be proven,while logic exists because of things that are fact.

Only a fool would ignore his own feelings and what he sees or thinks because people tell him he has to have faith.I know the sky is blue and water is wet.So saying that I have faith that the sky is red and water is dry would be foolish.

My life is too real to believe in a fairy tale and in my life time I have seen no traces of ? in anyone.Not even die hard believers who were the biggest sinners.Fact is,most people use ? /religion as a shield and only believe when it is beneficial for them.So fake.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    when u've seen enough things that completey defy logic in your life...faith suddenly starts making more and more sense....
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I was never religious growing up...my fam would be the family that would come to church every month or two...once I realized how big the world really is and how many different religions and belief systems, it became foolish to me...also the whole faith thing and stupid reasons people say they believe in a certain religion...my mama said she believed in ? /Jesus cause we never been homeless before....all I could do is smh......
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    You are right,which is one reason I don't believe.Faith is not factual while logic is rooted deep in fact.Faith can not be proven,while logic exists because of things that are fact.

Only a fool would ignore his own feelings and what he sees or thinks because people tell him he has to have faith.I know the sky is blue and water is wet.So saying that I have faith that the sky is red and water is dry would be foolish.

My life is too real to believe in a fairy tale and in my life time I have seen no traces of ? in anyone.Not even die hard believers who were the biggest sinners.Fact is,most people use ? /religion as a shield and only believe when it is beneficial for them.So fake.

you say this as if religion has brought no good to anybody life...i personally don't go to church or practice anything but i won't knock the next person if they feel religion brings something good into their life that makes them a better person...
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so a person who bases their belief off the non-belief of something they don't believe exist, is changing your belief......if they don't believe there is no ? , why do they need to make a name for something, atheist, if ? doesn't exist shouldn't they not even acknowledge that the word ? exist?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i wanna see that movie with anthony hopkins... i like how dude daid skeptics are always looking for prrof or something like that...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    The internet showed me that James Brown, Michael Jackson, and Prince can all be on the same stage together.and i love my daughter. the internet gave me her because i met her moms, my lady, on this ? .

dope ass drop..
    i dont give a ? what nobody says.. Mike & Prince is THAT ? .. and JB was the OG of this ? ..
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    so a person who bases their belief off the non-belief of something they don't believe exist, is changing your belief......if they don't believe there is no ? , why do they need to make a name for something, atheist, if ? doesn't exist shouldn't they not even acknowledge that the word ? exist?

I didn't know that atheist came up with the term ? .

With that said, I guess I should stop acknowledging the words dragon, unicorn, basilisk, leprechaun, angel, etc.

You should too, unless you believe in the above things of course .
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Octavia Butler's Parable of the Sower/Talents series had something to do with it but I haven't genuinely and undoubtedly believed that there was a ? since I was 12/13.
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited January 2011
    Options
    glowy wrote: »
    I didn't know that atheist came up with the term ? .

With that said, I guess I should stop acknowledging the words dragon, unicorn, basilisk, leprechaun, angel, etc.
    You should too, unless you believe in the above things of course .

you missing the point.......& @ bolded I wouldn't waste time coming up with a system to discredit the existence of those things if I believed they didn't exist in the first place, as far as acknowledging those words, I couldn't even tell you the last time I used em in a serious way
  • glowy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    you missing the point.......& @ bolded I wouldn't waste time coming up with a system to discredit the existence of those things if I believed they didn't exist in the first place, as far as acknowledging those words, I couldn't even tell you the last time I used em in a serious way

What point am I missing?

Are you asking why atheist even bother talking about ? ?

If that's the case, believers have a nasty habit of forcing their beliefs on others, and affect the lives of non believers as a result, which is reason enough for non believers to argue against their beliefs.
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What point am I missing?

Are you asking why atheist even bother talking about ? ?

If that's the case, believers have a nasty habit of forcing their beliefs on others, and affect the lives of non believers as a result, which is reason enough for non believers to argue against their beliefs.

why not just ignore others beliefs though, I don't believe in ghost but I aint gone discredit or try to rather, those that do
  • glowy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    why not just ignore others beliefs though, I don't believe in ghost but I aint gone discredit or try to rather, those that do

Because of things like this.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7216665.html

Edit: Also

"You want to enslave me because your religion commands it?" "Better ignore it, lol."
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Because of things like this.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7216665.html

Edit: Also

"You want to enslave me because your religion commands it?" "Better ignore it, lol."

now I'm lost, are you an atheist or a muslim against christianity
  • glowy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    now I'm lost, are you an atheist or a muslim against christianity

Atheist .
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Atheist .

oh you confused me for a minute, I would be an atheist too if yall could answer this one question, how did life come about?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Personally, I believe the key is to have a personal relationship with ? and not be beholden to an organized religion like a sheep. And if you do subscribe to an actual organized religious denomination, do so after having done your OWN research. How can you listen to someone else' interpretation of things when you don;t have your OWN interpretation of them first.

Once that happens, whatever you believe in will be unshakable.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    WOW...

Nggas lettin the IC atheists take their faith. Ive heard it all
  • glowy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    oh you confused me for a minute, I would be an atheist too if yall could answer this one question, how did life come about?

Don't know, and I don't have the intelligence it'll take to figure that out.

But what I do know is I'm not going to believe in something someone pulled out their ass just because I don't have an answer for it.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There is a thin line between me having any kind of faith or empathy and me just not giving a ? anymore. It's going to take more than some old texts to restore my faith in ? and humanity.
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Don't know, and I don't have the intelligence it'll take to figure that out.

But what I do know is I'm not going to believe in something someone pulled out their ass just because I don't have an answer for it.

just sayin, if you can walk talk think and breathe, then ? has proven himself, I mean like the great DMX once said what yall really want from a ? ? be expecting ? to save but ? lose faith over something so simple as internet gossip

oh yeah to help restore a little faith ? said tell you "when she didn't reply, you should've moved on"
  • glowy
    edited January 2011
    Options
    [b[COLOR="rgb(154, 205, 50)"]]just sayin, if you can walk talk think and breathe, then ? has proven himself[/COLOR], I mean like the great DMX once said what yall really want from a ? ? be expecting ? to save but ? lose faith over something so simple as internet gossip

oh yeah to help restore a little faith ? said tell you "when she didn't reply, you should've moved on"[/b]

That requires you to make the assumption that a ? exist, and he created people in the first place.

An assumption with no basis.

Enter circular reasoning.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    you say this as if religion has brought no good to anybody life...i personally don't go to church or practice anything but i won't knock the next person if they feel religion brings something good into their life that makes them a better person...

Nah bruh.everyone I know who is religious are broke,poor,diseased,struggling or all of the above.They are the people who always catch a bad break while the people who are no as.religious are out doing things to get better instead of waiting for Jesus to save them.All a person requires to be a better person is positivity,self esteem and confidence.It's done wonders for myself when growing up I was depressed and at that time believed in ? .Now I decided to make moves and rely on my own abilities because no invisible man is here to get me through this life.

@Fiat,answer my question about internships ? .I know you lurking.