What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Jesus Defeating Death is His Calling Card "The Bible is the Book of Death"

GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I listen to a lot of Television Preachers as I have not stepped foot in a church in 3 to 4 years but even when I was going consistently Jesus dying and arising again was always put out there for the most important thing he did. I have even heard that there is a scripture that states that if Jesus did not defeat death then the whole bible and concept of God is a farce (notice this is not a quote). This is a very depressing concept and theory in many ways.

First of all, I have heard many preachers speak of the concept of being happy and celebrating when someone dies and grieving when they are born. I think this may even be present in the bible. This would insinuate that death is a good thing. On the other hand, God uses death as a bad thing when he tells Adam and Eve eat of the tree and you should surely die. ( I still have not figured out how they would know that death is a bad thing if they did not have knowledge of good and evil). There are several other instances in which death is used as a tool to provoke fear and punishment. On the contrary, there are several instances in which death is just a part of life, in which the bible states things like a person walked with God for so many years then he gave up the ghost. (Once again no quotes). So, really death is never really explained in terms of good or bad, torment or punishment, cry or celebrate, something that happens for a reason or something that just happens.

Next, being that the Bible is the Christian doctrine and book explaining the way to live a good life and afterlife; and that Christ's biggest accomplishment was beating death it gives you a look into what Christians really want and that is to be saved from death. Christ must have disliked death, or maybe just thought it would be a notch in his belt or there would not be a need to defeat it. Nevertheless, it is quite apparent that most humans are not fond of death even after the so-called defeat and it is no less of a factor in minds and actions. This is a very disturbing idea that deeply saddens me. If you had really solved life and could defeat death why wouldn't you show everyone this great thing that God has done? Christ did not even prove this to the people living at the time of his death and so-called rising as a whole. So, it is ludicrous to think that there is anyway that this could be proven to those living today. Nonetheless, millions of innocent humans beings are forced into believing in the Christian lifestyle because they want hope that "Life is Not a Bitch then you Die". This deeply saddens me.

Finally, many Christians and people looking for hope will explain away death by saying that humans concept of death is an illusion because only your flesh dies, your spirit then remains. Accordingly, why would it be necessary for Jesus (God incarnated if you ask some Christians, the whole trilogy thing) to come back in flesh to prove that he had defeated death? It would make more sense if this could have been proven in spirit being that spirit is what supposedly matters. I know a lot of people will now move to the holy spirit concept and that having it is proof, which I have never experienced. This all leads to one truth about the bible. The bible is not the book of life, but the book of death being that the biggest event was Jesus supposedly defeating death. Thus, it is very depressing being that this defeat is not apparent at all and so many people are tormented and fearful of there eventual deaths that they have decided to follow this man and the myth that they created a religion. Personally, I can not say that I am a better person for being introduced to the "Book of Death". I am seriously depressed and angry but I will do my part to be like Christ and defeat death, I will never have a seed of my own, that is the most Christlike thing a human can ever do. We can all defeat death and be like Christ but be weary that there could be some liar out there saying that you do have kids, just like the whole concept of Jesus defeating or not defeating death could be a lie. One things for sure the Bible is the "Book of Death"

Replies

  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Well shit, this is a fucking essay for me right now LMAO

    I will read this later and respond when not under the influence of a green herbal substance.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe that death is a good thing. Sure, things die and it is seemingly a part of life, but there is a certain aspect of death that seem to do more than just "kill the body". There are non-physical things that if it "died", it would be devastating. I believe things like truth, justice, happiness and goodness are more of the concern.

    Jesus's Death and Resurrection is believe to be more than just some miraculous reviving of the body (though it would be impressive to do). It is the reviving of the things that represent goodness...especially is Jesus was good. It is to say that death can't conquer goodness or righteousness; that there is reason to believe that truth and justice will not die...they will prevail.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    alissowack wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe that death is a good thing. Sure, things die and it is seemingly a part of life, but there is a certain aspect of death that seem to do more than just "kill the body". There are non-physical things that if it "died", it would be devastating. I believe things like truth, justice, happiness and goodness are more of the concern.

    Jesus's Death and Resurrection is believe to be more than just some miraculous reviving of the body (though it would be impressive to do). It is the reviving of the things that represent goodness...especially is Jesus was good. It is to say that death can't conquer goodness or righteousness; that there is reason to believe that truth and justice will not die...they will prevail.

    Huh? Don't quite get this.
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Now, you do understand why they call the bible supposedly the "book of life" right?
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Now, you do understand why they call the bible supposedly the "book of life" right?

    No I don't. I actually thought that they say when you are judged on judgement day that is the actual book of life
  • VIBEVIBE Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    GSonII wrote: »
    No I don't. I actually thought that they say when you are judged on judgement day that is the actual book of life

    Yeah, the Judgment Book or whatever. I guess it's safe to say I have worded my post wrong.

    You stated this; One things for sure the Bible is the "Book of Death"

    That doesn't make sense. Life is death and death is life - in the bible. We see we live to die, due to sin. When you die, you cannot die further (if a believer) you now have eternal life. So essentially the bible is a book that gives life, only as long as you believe and all that stuff.

    Without the Bible we wouldn't know what's stated - which is why it can be a book of life, it gives you all you need to know what to do to have that.

    I see what you're saying though about Jesus rising in the flesh - what was that point, why wasn't it a spiritual rise. I've questioned that, but that's what made this Jesus different and supposedly "God". He actually rose from the dead in the flesh - that is absolutely impossible and we know that. When that happened everyone who believed and doubted knew then he was the Messiah, it's was now up to them to choose to believe or just ignore it. That's what is so grand, this man rose from the dead, this is supposed to be the proof in the pudding. That's pretty much the answer I got when I questioned this.
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Yeah, the Judgment Book or whatever. I guess it's safe to say I have worded my post wrong.

    You stated this; One things for sure the Bible is the "Book of Death"

    That doesn't make sense. Life is death and death is life - in the bible. We see we live to die, due to sin. When you die, you cannot die further (if a believer) you now have eternal life. So essentially the bible is a book that gives life, only as long as you believe and all that stuff.

    Without the Bible we wouldn't know what's stated - which is why it can be a book of life, it gives you all you need to know what to do to have that.

    I see what you're saying though about Jesus rising in the flesh - what was that point, why wasn't it a spiritual rise. I've questioned that, but that's what made this Jesus different and supposedly "God". He actually rose from the dead in the flesh - that is absolutely impossible and we know that. When that happened everyone who believed and doubted knew then he was the Messiah, it's was now up to them to choose to believe or just ignore it. That's what is so grand, this man rose from the dead, this is supposed to be the proof in the pudding. That's pretty much the answer I got when I questioned this.

    I get where you are coming from but it does not make sense to me. Jesus did not prove anything but to a select few of his friends and we all know you're friends will be there for you even when you are wrong. The bible is more about death than life. All the lessons that the bible teaches about living a good life could have been learned through trial and error, the rising of Jesus from the dead is the one thing that shows he is the Messiah and the bible really does not do a good job with this. As long as there are people depressed, anxious, and fearful of death the bible is a failure. It is the book of death because it tries to give hope that you live for ever in the form of eternal life, but it only adds to the dread when rational minds look around and see all the poor people believing in this religion just so they can get some fantasy eternal life and happiness; you then realize that these people don't want to die and are fearful of it and it makes you feel sad. It shows how messed up the world really is and makes you feel deeply saddened that your fellow humans are tortured and tormented about there eventual fate. It's a depressing book of death.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    GSonII wrote: »
    I get where you are coming from but it does not make sense to me. Jesus did not prove anything but to a select few of his friends and we all know you're friends will be there for you even when you are wrong. The bible is more about death than life. All the lessons that the bible teaches about living a good life could have been learned through trial and error, the rising of Jesus from the dead is the one thing that shows he is the Messiah and the bible really does not do a good job with this. As long as there are people depressed, anxious, and fearful of death the bible is a failure. It is the book of death because it tries to give hope that you live for ever in the form of eternal life, but it only adds to the dread when rational minds look around and see all the poor people believing in this religion just so they can get some fantasy eternal life and happiness; you then realize that these people don't want to die and are fearful of it and it makes you feel sad. It shows how messed up the world really is and makes you feel deeply saddened that your fellow humans are tortured and tormented about there eventual fate. It's a depressing book of death.

    If Jesus's Death and Resurrection is only about doing the impossible, then it is not fair. It would be doom and gloom because the only person (for the sake of the argument) who has claimed to do this is has left people without a reason to think that they can do it.

    I don't believe the issue is about whether the body can live forever. It's whether "goodness" can live forever. Life isn't even worth living forever if there isn't anything good about it.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    alissowack wrote: »
    If Jesus's Death and Resurrection is only about doing the impossible, then it is not fair. It would be doom and gloom because the only person (for the sake of the argument) who has claimed to do this is has left people without a reason to think that they can do it.

    I don't believe the issue is about whether the body can live forever. It's whether "goodness" can live forever. Life isn't even worth living forever if there isn't anything good about it.

    Good point but it has been proven that there is nothing inherently good about humans which is life, or atleast that is what the bible says. Human beings make up life as we know about and deeply care about. Furthermore, when you see a kid with cancer you realize that life is not good just because you are living. When you go to the doctor from early 2004 to late 2005 about a symptom that doctors diagnose as cosmetic, then you go back in 2011 when that cosmetic thing has come back and spread to other parts of your body and you realize this sounds a lot like cancer, and the doctors finally diagnose it properly when it is 2 late you realize that nothing is inherently good or right about life, bad things happen even when you make the 2 steps sometimes God does not make the 1 you were told he would make growing up.

    Good does not win out or substain itself, that has been proven to anyone that has lived a brutal life in which they tried to do everything by the book and still lost. Now perfection would sustain itself, but that was only supposedly achieved by God and his son "Christ". The whole thing about Christ dying on the cross is kinda like watching someone do something that you can't do, it looks cool and sounds cool, may have a good effect on your entertainment value or even give you something to strive for, but it really does not change your limitations.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    GSonII wrote: »
    Good point but it has been proven that there is nothing inherently good about humans which is life, or atleast that is what the bible says. Human beings make up life as we know about and deeply care about. Furthermore, when you see a kid with cancer you realize that life is not good just because you are living. When you go to the doctor from early 2004 to late 2005 about a symptom that doctors diagnose as cosmetic, then you go back in 2011 when that cosmetic thing has come back and spread to other parts of your body and you realize this sounds a lot like cancer, and the doctors finally diagnose it properly when it is 2 late you realize that nothing is inherently good or right about life, bad things happen even when you make the 2 steps sometimes God does not make the 1 you were told he would make growing up.

    Good does not win out or substain itself, that has been proven to anyone that has lived a brutal life in which they tried to do everything by the book and still lost. Now perfection would sustain itself, but that was only supposedly achieved by God and his son "Christ". The whole thing about Christ dying on the cross is kinda like watching someone do something that you can't do, it looks cool and sounds cool, may have a good effect on your entertainment value or even give you something to strive for, but it really does not change your limitations.

    If the issue is about a moral standing, then humans do "slip up" every now and then; that there is something inherently wrong. I just don't believe it to be when it comes to the Bible. Being good is easy if you have a selfish agenda. I can think God will give me what I want if I just do as I'm told; that God will grant me everlasting life if I just follow the ten rules. That's the mentality so-called Christians have, whether intentionally or non-intentionally, about righteousness...that it can be earned. There is a verse (an others like it) that refer to the righteous acts of man to be "not enough". The acts are called filthy rags. I believe there is more to the human condition than just an inability to do right 100% of the time.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    alissowack wrote: »
    If the issue is about a moral standing, then humans do "slip up" every now and then; that there is something inherently wrong. I just don't believe it to be when it comes to the Bible. Being good is easy if you have a selfish agenda. I can think God will give me what I want if I just do as I'm told; that God will grant me everlasting life if I just follow the ten rules. That's the mentality so-called Christians have, whether intentionally or non-intentionally, about righteousness...that it can be earned. There is a verse (an others like it) that refer to the righteous acts of man to be "not enough". The acts are called filthy rags. I believe there is more to the human condition than just an inability to do right 100% of the time.

    No, the issue was and is about the bible being a depressing book of death that failed at giving the true everlasting hope that Jesus supposedly died for and all of this was supposedly God appointed if you ask Christians. The fact is hope dies in every situation. Your loved was tell the doctors to pull the plug on you eventually.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    GSonII wrote: »
    No, the issue was and is about the bible being a depressing book of death that failed at giving the true everlasting hope that Jesus supposedly died for and all of this was supposedly God appointed if you ask Christians. The fact is hope dies in every situation. Your loved was tell the doctors to pull the plug on you eventually.

    Death happens. But, is the body dying the only thing that we should be concerned with? Let's just say that we are given eternal life. Does that rid the world of it's problems? Would people do what is right by living forever? What's eternal life when you see no goodness or hope in this world? What's an eternity filled with injustice and sadness? What's an eternity like when you have worries, fears, and guilt that consume you? It probably be Hell to deal with it.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
  • GSonIIGSonII Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    alissowack wrote: »
    Death happens. But, is the body dying the only thing that we should be concerned with? Let's just say that we are given eternal life. Does that rid the world of it's problems? Would people do what is right by living forever? What's eternal life when you see no goodness or hope in this world? What's an eternity filled with injustice and sadness? What's an eternity like when you have worries, fears, and guilt that consume you? It probably be Hell to deal with it.

    We should be concerned about what we can do something about. We should be concerned about facts and the truth. The truth is you live and die and the hope that the bible tries to give does not stand the test of time and it is depressing seeing people refusing treatments and such going to there graves thinking someone has died to save them. It's not a fact that death just happens, one day they will effectively clone people and that will be proven incorrect.
  • alissowackalissowack Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    GSonII wrote: »
    We should be concerned about what we can do something about. We should be concerned about facts and the truth. The truth is you live and die and the hope that the bible tries to give does not stand the test of time and it is depressing seeing people refusing treatments and such going to there graves thinking someone has died to save them. It's not a fact that death just happens, one day they will effectively clone people and that will be proven incorrect.

    The truth (as well as the facts) doesn't dictate what someone should believe about it. You still have what is to be believed about the truth. You live and you die...for one person, acknowledging this could be out of respect for the process in which life-forms go through. For others, it's could be a reason to treat life as unimportant; that being good have no significance if life has no significance.

    What about those who act in faith? If it's true that people can have faith in something, it's possible that faith can either be seen as a way of showing respect, or a reason to abuse it. Though it is really not my place to say what is going on in the minds of those who refuse treatment, but I believe that these people didn't respect what faith represents...especially in the eyes of God. It is sad that people would go to great lengths to show their faith, but it doesn't make having faith false. It means that what they believe about faith is wrong.
    al-is-so-wack: Deplorable for hire.
Sign In or Register to comment.