Silent Hill: Downpour

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in IllGaming
Konami has unleashed a monsoon of screenshots as it details Silent Hill: Downpour, the next installment in the long-running survival horror series.

Having taken a brief sabbatical from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 – in which time the impressive Silent Hill: Shattered Memories released on the Wii – Downpour marks a return to the HD consoles.

Czech developer Vatra is behind the game, first scant details of which came earlier this month.

Now the trickle has turned into a downpour (sorry) as Konami reveals official screenshots and details some of the philosophy behind the game.

"Having a compelling story is the key element to a good Silent Hill game," said associate producer Tomm Hulett, "It's what set SH1 apart from the other early survival horror games, why SH2 is so fondly remembered, and so on. Of course, an important aspect of this is how the story ties into the horrific things the player encounters."

Producer Devin Shatsky went on to explain how Silent Hill: Downpour's environment differs from that of previous games. "We have this huge city at our disposal, yet in the past, it was comprised primarily of locked doors," he said. "We wanted to give players a bit more incentive to search around and check those doors without facing a constant barrage of discouraging locks."

To that end Silent Hill: Downpour will feature side missions: "This gives the player a greater sense that they are 'exploring the town' and then rewarded with these mini-stories," saud Shatsk. "We've been very careful to keep these immersive enough to make the player feel like they're still a part of the main story, yet separate enough that they aren't forced into completing all of them in a linear fashion to reach the ending."

Silent Hill: Downpour releases this Autumn.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1145603p1.html

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    put me up on Silent Hill... i always hear 2 is the best... i just want to know if its worth buying and will it be good like it was 10 years ago
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    put me up on Silent Hill... i always hear 2 is the best... i just want to know if its worth buying and will it be good like it was 10 years ago

u neva played it on ps2 ?

? was ? ...scary too

kinda like resident evil
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    u neva played it on ps2 ?

? was ? ...scary too

kinda like resident evil

naw i was never into the horror games/movies... but i keep hearing good things about it...

i havent played a resident evil game till 4 came to the ps2... the only game that was close to horror that ive played was Onimusha
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    naw i was never into the horror games/movies... but i keep hearing good things about it...

i havent played a resident evil game till 4 came to the ps2... the only game that was close to horror that ive played was Onimusha

res evil 4 was were they went ina diff direction, less puzzles, easier, dumb story, but more action...res evil 4 bored me tho.

they will evntually remake res evil 1-3 in HD, then u'll see...1 of the grestest games ever made, hard as ? too...
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I played the ? outta Homecoming, the combat was dope
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    but can you run and shoot?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Silent Hill one was the best to me, as far as survival horror goes, best one is dead space
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    man if resident evil 4 and code veronica get HD remakes ill be the first in line.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    i can't be that damn restricted in my movements and what not... I couldn't see myself playing it.
    not to big on that type of gameplay which is why i never tryed resident evil either..

Co-sign. That's the reason I never bought those RE or Tomb Raider PS1 Classics off the Store. No way I'd be able to go back to that style of gameply. One directional button to move forward, two to turn to the sides, one to step backwards.