Why Isn't Snoop Discussed More With The GOATS???

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    So let's say Snoop passes away two weeks from now, what's gonna be said by YOU guys? Y'all still gonna be disrespecting him and act like he only got good songs on the ? album?...Or will Tha Doggfather, Top Dog, Last Meal, Rhythm & Gangsta, and Blue Carpet Treatment all of a sudden get the props it deserve after death?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    So let's say Snoop passes away two weeks from now, what's gonna be said by YOU guys? Y'all still gonna be disrespecting him and act like he only got good songs on the ? album?...Or will Tha Doggfather, Top Dog, Last Meal, Rhythm & Gangsta, and Blue Carpet Treatment all of a sudden get the props it deserve after death?

Wrong.

Last Meal, R&G, And Blue Carpet Treatment already get the props for me. Still won't change the fact that 80% of discography is average and forgettable.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374

Snoop will just b a known west legend who got lazy & fell off & started using ghostwriters knocking him out the hip hop goat discussion....plus The way snoop b disrespecting 2pac after his death Snoopy should know that karma is gonna come back on him .....
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How true is it that the DOC cowrote the ? album? If it's true than, he's definitely out the conversation, period
  • gee757
    How true is it that the DOC cowrote the ? album? If it's true than, he's definitely out the conversation, period

It's probably Tru by the way snoop b admitting he uses ghostwriters now.....snoop is n the same box as Dre, diddy, ye, Drake, will smith & the rest of these poser/reciter rappers...
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think DOC might have wrote some hooks, but Snoop has admitted that DOC kinda taught him how to rap and make songs. I wanna say it was in that Jimmy Iovine/Dre doc a few months ago where he said DOC showed how to structure his raps, say it like this, etc.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

I WOULDN'T SAY ITS FAR FETCHED...
  • gee757
    @buttuh_b I only say that Cuz snoop openly admits he has Quentin Miller s n the cut...
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ima tell everybody to kiss Snoop ass because I've always stated he was my favorite commercial rapper on here.

? really need to re-evaluate R&G. Only song on there that's skippable is "Flicc wit you".
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop will always be a top tier rapper just based on how he changed the game. Artistically he could have took it to another level but he found a way to brand himself a character that is a fixture of popular culture. He not rakim but he still deserves respect musically.
  • gee757
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    Snoop will always be a top tier rapper just based on how he changed the game. Artistically he could have took it to another level but he found a way to brand himself a character that is a fixture of popular culture. He not rakim but he still deserves respect musically.

That's fine ..but he can never b n the goat discussion he eliminate d himself using ghostwriters...
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Snoop dog is trash outside his classic...im sorry but Snoop dogg verses since like 06 have been utter ? and the most boring ? to listen to.

Don't get me wrong snoop a legend but he has been a boring ass put you to sleep ass rapper for over a decade.
  • Turfaholic
    gee757 wrote: »

That's fine ..but he can never b n the goat discussion he eliminate d himself using ghostwriters...

But It wasnt something he was hiding. I know Drake is your main reasoning behind the ghostwriter hate. But Snoop has openly admitted to using ghostwriters to allow them to get some shine. I could understand if Snoop was using ghostwriters and acting like he was bar for bar the best to ever do it. But he openly admits to using ghostwriters to put a few dollars in other people pockets. What's wrong with that?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nike ain't my preference...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop ain't start using ghost writers till he was 10 albums deep and he wasn't claiming to be the best MC like Drake was or hide the fact. Everybody already know what it is with Dre, Diddy, Kanye.

If y'all got proof of the D.O.C. writing ? then maybe I would reconsider
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snoop a legend, far from a GOAT tho
  • gee757
    Turfaholic wrote: »

But It wasnt something he was hiding. I know Drake is your main reasoning behind the ghostwriter hate. But Snoop has openly admitted to using ghostwriters to allow them to get some shine. I could understand if Snoop was using ghostwriters and acting like he was bar for bar the best to ever do it. But he openly admits to using ghostwriters to put a few dollars in other people pockets. What's wrong with that?

I think ya reading my posts wrong cuz this thread is about snoop being top 10.....& All I'm saying is Snoopy can never b top 10 with ghostwriters that's just the way it is n states hip hop n Canadian hip hop u can get away wit having ghostwriters & still b top 10.....
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Snoop ain't start using ghost writers till he was 10 albums deep and he wasn't claiming to be the best MC like Drake was or hide the fact. Everybody already know what it is with Dre, Diddy, Kanye.

But buttuh once u use a ghostwriter ya top wateva n hip hop is out the window........j got like 20 albums & he ain't never have a ghostwriter that's 1of the reasons y he's top10........snoop chose to b lazy & used ghostwriters & now all he can b is a legendary westcoast hip hop fixture but not spitter imo
  • Turfaholic

I think ya reading my posts wrong cuz this thread is about snoop being top 10.....& All I'm saying is Snoopy can never b top 10 with ghostwriters that's just the way it is n states hip hop n Canadian hip hop u can get away wit having ghostwriters & still b top 10.....

But buttuh once u use a ghostwriter ya top wateva n hip hop is out the window........j got like 20 albums & he ain't never have a ghostwriter that's 1of the reasons y he's top10........snoop chose to b lazy & used ghostwriters & now all he can b is a legendary westcoast hip hop fixture but not spitter imo

Snoop was already considered a GOAT before he started using ghostwriters. I'm a huuuuuge Snoop fan. For the most part, he freestyles every album he's not using a ghostwriter. I don't got proof but I'd bet my dinner Drake has had ghostwriters from damn near day 1. You can't count out Snoop with a Drake comparison broski.
  • gee757

Snoop was already considered a GOAT before he started using ghostwriters. I'm a huuuuuge Snoop fan. For the most part, he freestyles every album he's not using a ghostwriter. I don't got proof but I'd bet my dinner Drake has had ghostwriters from damn near day 1. You can't count out Snoop with a Drake comparison broski.

I'm only comparing them 2cuz they both have ghostwriters & will Neva b discussed as goats or top nothing n hip hop..
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He might have ghostwriters in the studio but he's always been a pretty good freestyler. Not super lyrical but he can good off the top of head almost effortlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJxb55Q7LwI
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDGAF what ya'll ? talking about.. Snoop Doggy Dogg in a legend.. That ? contribution to hip hop cannot be understated.. Ya'll ? trippy in here..
  • gee757
    edited September 2017
    He might have ghostwriters in the studio but he's always been a pretty good freestyler. Not super lyrical but he can good off the top of head almost effortlessly.

It's not hard to understand if u got ghostwriters u can't b a goat or top nothing n states hip hop....that part time Milli vanilli reciting GHOSTWRITTEN raps goat top 10 n hip hop only works n CANADA.......snoop is a legendary westcoast hip hop figure tho wit decent musik I ? 'd wit the ? he did wit the 757 VA aka Star trek...

https://youtu.be/4ZXjggH7u6s
  • Turfaholic

It's not hard to understand if u got ghostwriters u can't b a goat or top nothing n states hip hop....that part time Milli vanilli reciting GHOSTWRITTEN raps goat top 10 n hip hop only works n CANADA.......snoop is a legendary westcoast hip hop figure tho wit decent musik I ? 'd wit the ? he did wit the 757 VA aka Star trek...

https://youtu.be/4ZXjggH7u6s

Oakland's own Keyshia Cole on the "Can I get my frills?" Part.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ ^ THIS