Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

Characters that are redundant when there's too many

Huh? I can't speak about Black Widow or Winter Soldier since we haven't seen them, but the other three are nothing alike.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

Huh? I can't speak about Black Widow or Winter Soldier since we haven't seen them, but the other three are nothing alike.

They all use guns to keep away so they all basically the same character. Black widow I can see playing like Jill from mvc3
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Yea, Raiden's super in Injustice 2 just ? on this entire games production value. The gameplay does look good, but I cant get over how half baked literally everything else is.

Why are there 4 Marvel DLC characters and only 2 Capcom? Black Widow and Winter Soldier seem redundant af, close combat characters with guns :/ ...plus we already have Gamora.

Obviously the mcu influence is strong with the character representation in this game. If they don't have a movie out then most likely they not going to be in
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    I can't get over how umvc3, a last gen game, look better than this
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

They all use guns to keep away so they all basically the same character. Black widow I can see playing like Jill from mvc3

My thoughts exactly. Id be shocked if Black Widow is anything other than a MvC3 Jill clone.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

lol No they don't. Gamora is most certainly not a keep away character. I don't think you guys actually play these games. I've suspected this after the SFV and Tekken 7 topics where people said they'd play and then were ghost when the games dropped. But now some of the comments you're making are basically confirming it. I suppose you think Strider, Zero, Dante, and Gamora all are the same character too since they all have swords.

• focus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I said "close combat with guns".

Gamora
    Winter Soldier
    Black Widow

Nobody else. But them, all the same.

How can anybody tell when someone is ghost on this forum?

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I said "close combat with guns".

Gamora
    Winter Soldier
    Black Widow

Nobody else. But them, all the same.

How can anybody tell when someone is ghost on this forum?

I quoted who I was talking to. He threw Rocket and Chris in the mix.

That said saying characters are the same because the specialize in combat and have guns is stupid. By that logic Ryu and Chun Li are the same because the are martial artists with fireballs.

It doesn't matter because we have no idea how the characters will play. If I were to guess, BW will have her stun batons, stingers, and borrow from MvC3 Jill. WS will probably something like Chris with some tweaks to distinguish him. Neither will be like Gamora who uses her guns to facilitate rushdown.
  • focus
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You said "you guys"....

Anyway, its all still "like Jill" or "like Chris", etc...

Its a game about superheroes and there are just a bunch of humans with guns running around.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

lol No they don't. Gamora is most certainly not a keep away character. I don't think you guys actually play these games. I've suspected this after the SFV and Tekken 7 topics where people said they'd play and then were ghost when the games dropped. But now some of the comments you're making are basically confirming it. I suppose you think Strider, Zero, Dante, and Gamora all are the same character too since they all have swords.

Check my psn tag and you'll see I play all them games. Doesn't change the fact that the roster is trash
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

Check my psn tag and you'll see I play all them games. Doesn't change the fact that the roster is trash

You're free to believe the roster is trash. I don't know why people say that since there are a lot of good characters. I can understand saying its disappointing since they did drop the ball in a few places. However, if your problem with it stems from the fact that you think anyone with guns plays the same, you simply don't know what you're talking about.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

You're free to believe the roster is trash. I don't know why people say that since there are a lot of good characters. I can understand saying its disappointing since they did drop the ball in a few places. However, if your problem with it stems from the fact that you think anyone with guns plays the same, you simply don't know what you're talking about.

Why u really going hard to defend this game
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

I'm defending the game by pointing out certain characters play nothing alike? I got the game. I like it. I also understand why people want nothing to do with it. None of that really matters as far as what we're talking about though. Gamora, Chris, and Rocket play nothing alike. Your inability is to see that has nothing to do with the quality of the game, and everything to do with you just not knowing what you're talking about. The game can be complete ? , but you're still wrong.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Winter soldier
    Black window
    Chris
    Gamora
    Rocket raccoon

Lol anybody else?

What is that a list of?

I'm defending the game by pointing out certain characters play nothing alike? I got the game. I like it. I also understand why people want nothing to do with it. None of that really matters as far as what we're talking about though. Gamora, Chris, and Rocket play nothing alike. Your inability is to see that has nothing to do with the quality of the game, and everything to do with you just not knowing what you're talking about. The game can be complete ? , but you're still wrong.

Eh...I never said I was not going to get the game I consistently said I would wait for the ultimate version. I’m not the only person disappointed with the roster, that been the ongoing theme in this thread and how everything except the gameplay seem a step down from umvc3
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Eh...I never said I was not going to get the game I consistently said I would wait for the ultimate version. I’m not the only person disappointed with the roster, that been the ongoing theme in this thread and how everything except the gameplay seem a step down from umvc3

The roster could have been better. I agree with that. I just don't think it's a terrible roster. Most of the characters are iconic and the variance in playstyles is top notch. People want to compare this to IJ2. IJ2 probably did a better job with the fan service selection of characters. But the design (from a gameplay standpoint not a visual) of the characters is much better in MvCI. You'll see much more variety in how each character is played in MvCI than in IJ2 where almost everyone plays every character virtually the same just with different degrees of skill.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? looks like a mobile game, like it was made for iOS or something. I just can't get over how it looks
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    Already got a trailer for their dlc which probably mean she was already made

https://youtu.be/UhQU5lVcQSg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just bought the collector's edition who want it?

@Sion @KillaCham
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Nvm I forgot my PlayStation Plus expired
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Damn I probably could've kept my money since I won't be playing it anytime soon it looks like. CCNP Route is in the way.

? it I support Capcom just because I want them to keep making fighting games.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

@Sion @KillaCham

Game is trash fam. Only fighters I'm ? with is Tekken 7 and Smash 4.

? when you been ? with Tekken 7. I ain't seen you on there once.

And the game is far from trash. Don't let the haters get it twisted. This game is the truth as far as gameplay. It's the best in the Vs series. It's disappointing in some ways, but it's fun.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Sion @KillaCham

And the game is far from trash. Don't let the haters get it twisted. This game is the truth as far as gameplay. It's the best in the Vs series. It's disappointing in some ways, but it's fun.

Cuz my tags all changed and I haven't been playing for a while because of work and travel.

Nah man this ? is basically MVC3 just cleaner graphics. MVC3 is a classic but ? man I felt the rollout for this game was lazy AF. Virtually the same roster but with a few new faces here and there.

If the licensing was an issue I would have preferred if they just left it alone until they could work something out. What a time to be alive when SFV and the recent MVC get ? on and end up wack. Never thought I'd see that.

It's nothing like MvC3. You're falling victim to the ? out there. The game is far from perfect, so there are valid things to criticize it for. However, from a gameplay standpoint, this game is about as different from MvC3 as it could be and still be considered part of the same series.

Button Layout: LP, HP, LK, HK, Tag, Surge (MvCI) vs LP, HP, K, S, Assist 1, Assist 2 (MvC3)
    2v2 (MvCI) vs 3v3 (MvC3)
    Free Tag System (MvCI) + Reality Surge vs Limited Tag + Assists (MvC3)
    Reality Storm (MvCI) vs X-Factor (MvC3)
    Easier OtG in general replaces the need for Assists for many characters.
    Tweaked damage scaling changes reduces how much anyone can do with a single combo.
    A counter switch was added to help you get out of combos.
    Snapbacks removed, but throws now cancel out red damage.
    The heightened damage to noncontrolled characters was removed.
    All characters now have Lvl 3 Supers
    Almost every returning character has had moves added, rearranged, or changed in a way that when combined with the change in overall game mechanics, makes them feel fresh.

I'm not shilling for the game. If you're not interested in it because you think they cut too many corners or its not presenting what you want for whatever reason, that's fine. You should pass on it. There are like 3 or 4 more fighting games popping up in the next few months that look pretty good. However, you're doing yourself a disservice if you're passing on the game because you think it's just a UMvC3 rehash. That's patently false.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

@Sion @KillaCham

Cuz my tags all changed and I haven't been playing for a while because of work and travel.

Nah man this ? is basically MVC3 just cleaner graphics. MVC3 is a classic but ? man I felt the rollout for this game was lazy AF. Virtually the same roster but with a few new faces here and there.

If the licensing was an issue I would have preferred if they just left it alone until they could work something out. What a time to be alive when SFV and the recent MVC get ? on and end up wack. Never thought I'd see that.

It's nothing like MvC3. You're falling victim to the ? out there. The game is far from perfect, so there are valid things to criticize it for. However, from a gameplay standpoint, this game is about as different from MvC3 as it could be and still be considered part of the same series.

Button Layout: LP, HP, LK, HK, Tag, Surge (MvCI) vs LP, HP, K, S, Assist 1, Assist 2 (MvC3)
    2v2 (MvCI) vs 3v3 (MvC3)
    Free Tag System (MvCI) + Reality Surge vs Limited Tag + Assists (MvC3)
    Reality Storm (MvCI) vs X-Factor (MvC3)
    Easier OtG in general replaces the need for Assists for many characters.
    Tweaked damage scaling changes reduces how much anyone can do with a single combo.
    A counter switch was added to help you get out of combos.
    Snapbacks removed, but throws now cancel out red damage.
    The heightened damage to noncontrolled characters was removed.
    All characters now have Lvl 3 Supers
    Almost every returning character has had moves added, rearranged, or changed in a way that when combined with the change in overall game mechanics, makes them feel fresh.

I'm not shilling for the game. If you're not interested in it because you think they cut too many corners or its not presenting what you want for whatever reason, that's fine. You should pass on it. There are like 3 or 4 more fighting games popping up in the next few months that look pretty good. However, you're doing yourself a disservice if you're passing on the game because you think it's just a UMvC3 rehash. That's patently false.

To each his own brother :+1:

My homeboys played the beta and didn't like it.
    I hope you have fun with it fam

I'm checking out the new DBZ jawn first day tho

Yeah, everyone disliked the demo. It was a very early build of the game

The DBZ game looks good, but anyone who doesn't play FGs for a month and pass may be disappointed. The ore I see of it, the more I'm convinced it will get boring fast. It's too mechanic dependent. Basically, all the cool stuff you see in the game are just set mechanics. The problem with that is that it seems like to some degree, everyone plays the same. It's a common problem with DBZ games. Hopefully, I'm wrong cause the game does look awesome.

I don't think I'll be getting it though. Dissidia comes out around the same time and I'm more excited for that game.