Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

what?

i'm respectfully raising valid concerns and gripes ...same as @Westie

but the majority of male posters won't move past the title of the article, what to change the subject or have resorted to name calling

how can we discuss the solutions, when we can't even discuss the issue

Ok, so what are some solutions for solving this problem? Yes black men beat, ? , and terrorize black women. Now what do you think we and black women can do to fix this issue?

lol

if you actually would read my posts in their entirety and with an open mind i've given solutions

You very well might have, but I haven't read your posts in here it tl:dr

you: women in these discussion want to just vent and don't want to talk solutions

me (a woman) : no... not true. i mentioned some solutions. have you read my post?

you: no...i'm too lazy to read a paragraph or two

ok lol....

I'm talking to you now. What were your solutions? Btw you could've reiterated your solutions instead of going the sassy route.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

Yeah...we're venting in a thread littered in angry rants about how bad black women are. :/

I said that to say that in these topics women just want to vent their issues and if men disagree then we're being dismissive.

What is there to disagree with tho? The title?

The title for one (because there are a few black women that agree with it), secondly that black men don't protect or love black women, thirdly disagreeing with being thrown into the box and have to answer for the black men that do harm black women. Those are some examples.

Answer for? Were you asked to go to jail for another man's crimes? No this comes from checking the ? around you and there are far too many of you that don't do that. There are some that do but I'm not going to act like I don't know ? and I do. You can see it on this site. That ? weirdo called black women clowns and a bunch of y'all co-signed it. any black man that comes to defend black women when the majority don't think that they should be is called ? , a lesbian, Etc here. But y'all protect us? HE didn't say SOME, but i gotta? So all black women are clowns but you don't have to answer for the next ? crime? not one of y'all checked him though. Standing up for us right? Laughable.

I enjoy making inflammatory statements, But it does remain true because here you are defending yourself and saying it's not me though I'm a good black man. sound familiar? I'm a good white person I'm not racist why are you making me answer for the racist's crimes? But y'all ain't going to agree and I'm cool with that. Protect yourselves 1st and foremost, i get it.

Checking ? about what exactly? The problem is painting black men with a broad stroke and then telling black men to accept the accusations. When ? like Tommy Sotomayor for example talk greasy about black women he gets checked. ? I even made the thread and most of the black men in that thread agreed that he deserved it. Is it fair to accept his and ? like him, generalizations about ALL black women and expect those that don't fit his and their negative view to speak for those bad black women and accept their criticism and ask them what must black women do to make those ? like black women? Exactly.

But you let everyday ? like your friends slide for misogynistic ? tho? Like in this thread.
    You let someone make disparaging remarks about all black women in your thread and don't check him though. You don't want to be painted with a broad brush but when someone else paints black women with a broad brush that's okay?
    like I said, the problem is that y'all don't check yourselves when it comes to the mistreatment of other black people.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Yeah...we're venting in a thread littered in angry rants about how bad black women are. :/

I said that to say that in these topics women just want to vent their issues and if men disagree then we're being dismissive.

The title for one (because there are a few black women that agree with it), secondly that black men don't protect or love black women, thirdly disagreeing with being thrown into the box and have to answer for the black men that do harm black women. Those are some examples.

Answer for? Were you asked to go to jail for another man's crimes? No this comes from checking the ? around you and there are far too many of you that don't do that. There are some that do but I'm not going to act like I don't know ? and I do. You can see it on this site. That ? weirdo called black women clowns and a bunch of y'all co-signed it. any black man that comes to defend black women when the majority don't think that they should be is called ? , a lesbian, Etc here. But y'all protect us? HE didn't say SOME, but i gotta? So all black women are clowns but you don't have to answer for the next ? crime? not one of y'all checked him though. Standing up for us right? Laughable.

I enjoy making inflammatory statements, But it does remain true because here you are defending yourself and saying it's not me though I'm a good black man. sound familiar? I'm a good white person I'm not racist why are you making me answer for the racist's crimes? But y'all ain't going to agree and I'm cool with that. Protect yourselves 1st and foremost, i get it.

Checking ? about what exactly? The problem is painting black men with a broad stroke and then telling black men to accept the accusations. When ? like Tommy Sotomayor for example talk greasy about black women he gets checked. ? I even made the thread and most of the black men in that thread agreed that he deserved it. Is it fair to accept his and ? like him, generalizations about ALL black women and expect those that don't fit his and their negative view to speak for those bad black women and accept their criticism and ask them what must black women do to make those ? like black women? Exactly.

But you let everyday ? like your friends slide for misogynistic ? tho? Like in this thread.
    You let someone make disparaging remarks about all black women in your thread and don't check him though. You don't want to be painted with a broad brush but when someone else paints black women with a broad brush that's okay?
    like I said, the problem is that y'all don't check yourselves when it comes to the mistreatment of other black people.

So give me an example of misogynistic talk. If the homie said to me that "he wants to ? that ? so bad" that's misogynistic and I should check him? Just asking. Just want an idea of what you think misogynistic talk is. I don't think no one including black women should be generalized, and I don't think it's ok.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen this phrase used before.

Idea behind it is that we black men have privilege and oppress black women.

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So give me an example of misogynistic talk. If the homie said to me that "he wants to ? that ? so bad" that's misogynistic and I should check him? Just asking. Just want an idea of what you think misogynistic talk is. I don't think no one including black women should be generalized, and I don't think it's ok.

See any @LordZuko post
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

what?

i'm respectfully raising valid concerns and gripes ...same as @Westie

but the majority of male posters won't move past the title of the article, what to change the subject or have resorted to name calling

how can we discuss the solutions, when we can't even discuss the issue

Ok, so what are some solutions for solving this problem? Yes black men beat, ? , and terrorize black women. Now what do you think we and black women can do to fix this issue?

lol

if you actually would read my posts in their entirety and with an open mind i've given solutions

You very well might have, but I haven't read your posts in here it tl:dr

you: women in these discussion want to just vent and don't want to talk solutions

me (a woman) : no... not true. i mentioned some solutions. have you read my post?

you: no...i'm too lazy to read a paragraph or two

ok lol....

I'm talking to you now. What were your solutions? Btw you could've reiterated your solutions instead of going the sassy route.

Why when you can just go back a few pages and read my post
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

I don't think the idea is that black men oppress black women. What I got from the article is that when black ppl tell white America about how the things they do, it's met with deflection - "I've never done that", "not ALL of us are like that"....when the issue isn't about all white ppl, it's about specific behaviors we feel marginalized by.

And black women are saying when they tell men of certain things they've experienced, it's met with a similar attitude.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    lol but really tho how can HALF of all black people be white people of black people???
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

I don't think the idea is that black men oppress black women. What I got from the article is that when black ppl tell white America about how the things they do, it's met with deflection - "I've never done that", "not ALL of us are like that"....when the issue isn't about all white ppl, it's about specific behaviors we feel marginalized by.

And black women are saying when they tell men of certain things they've experienced, it's met with a similar attitude.

Yeah, the article is saying black men respond to black women's mistreatment similarly to how some white people respond to black peoples' mistreatment.

But what I've seen from folks that use the phrase, they do feel black men oppress black women.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8 ? pages in 1 day

I had already read the article and I agree because I know it doesn't refer to me negatively.

If I have any privilege as a male, I use it to defer to my female contemporaries and I never assume to know more about womanhood than women. I have an iffy perspective on when to use the word "? ". And probably most importantly, i don't expect women to stroke my ego, make me feel less guilty about whatever male privilege I might have, or be responsible for my sexual attraction towards them.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options

not trying to make it a competition which a lot you reduce it to...and this is not about throwing blk men under the bus

that said, yes blk men since are drowning faster that deserves an even more immediate response... but in the meantime we just want the same love from blk men that we've given them

these are not mutually exclusive ideas

this isn't directly specially towards you, but men in general

you see their is a woman's rally in your area, attend....ask yourself is your language or the media you consume perpetuating misogyny .... opposed to telling a woman what not to do to prevent street harassment, sexual assault, ? , etc check each other

voting is a big one. i know and observed a lot of blk men discourage voting, even though their vote could potentially help a blk person receive more sick days or get affordable child care or get a raise in pay...? that disproportionately impact blk women

i just don't see enough of that going on.....i'm assuming a lot of other blk women will concur

You know you're one of the few people on here whose opinions I respect, but we never agree all the way. I feel like you have a habit of ignoring how confrontational and antagonistic feminists are towards men. I don't think I've ever heard a feminist speak on anything without resorting to some level of male bashing. If I'm a 100% real masculine man, why would I go to some female rally, where 40% of the discussion is how bad men are and how toxic masculinity is? It's not even reasonable to expect that. Nobody is telling women not to take efforts to prevent street harassment, but when you acting like men a pure evil for trying to holla at a chick the see walk by, there ain't much we can talk about.

our main point of contention, which you continue to mischaracterize, is not not whether blk women face racism

it is to what extent

you have argued before that our gender shields blk women from a lot of racism, which is what i disagree with

just because more blk men have been gunned down by law enforcement doesn't make that true

I don't see how you can argue this. Just look back at the Civil Rights Movement. When whites were trying to send a message to blacks in general, were they beating, burning, and hanging both genders equally or was largely men? The message was for all of us, but men were the primary victims of delivery. Every attack this country has made on our community has disproportionately been against men. The War on Drugs, the Prison and Military Industrial Complexes, even down to punitive treatments in schools. No one is saying these things don't happen to women too, but they haven't been as devastating against you as it has been against us. If we are taking a disproportionate amount of abuse, how can you not believe that we are shielding you?

It really isn't debatable honestly. You feminists believe this is a patriarchy. If that's true, that means the power of any community relies largely among the men. So it only makes sense that if you want to hurt a community the most, you tear down the men. If the men are weakened, that will force the women to rise to a more prominent position. That's exactly what we see today.

Blk women have been ? , beaten, sexually assaulted, crimanlized, work exploited since we stepped foot on american soil

Portrayed as welfare queens and jezebels

When our men killed we are left alone to grieve and make a living

When the war on drugs take men from our community, we are left to pick up the pieces and raise our children alone

We are one of the most educated groups in america, yet when there is a recession we are the first let go. During the recovery we are the last hired. Disproportionately poor

Our talents and or athletic ability doesnt afford us with the same social status and financial opportunities as our male counterparts

We are seen less feminine than our non blk counterparts

My black female privilege has allowed me to live with very little fear of execution by a police officer, but to suggest that we've been some how sheilded from the horrors of racism is poppycock

You basically are downplaying the psychological and physical toll the aforementioned takes on a person and or group

Furthermore during the march in Selma we were beaten and jailed same as our male counterparts but never received half the credit because we werent given any high ranking positions within the Civil rights movement...word to women like Dorothy Irene Height

Same as we were exploited during the Womans Suffrage movement ...just to a larger extentwoman

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

not trying to make it a competition which a lot you reduce it to...and this is not about throwing blk men under the bus

that said, yes blk men since are drowning faster that deserves an even more immediate response... but in the meantime we just want the same love from blk men that we've given them

these are not mutually exclusive ideas

this isn't directly specially towards you, but men in general

you see their is a woman's rally in your area, attend....ask yourself is your language or the media you consume perpetuating misogyny .... opposed to telling a woman what not to do to prevent street harassment, sexual assault, ? , etc check each other

voting is a big one. i know and observed a lot of blk men discourage voting, even though their vote could potentially help a blk person receive more sick days or get affordable child care or get a raise in pay...? that disproportionately impact blk women

i just don't see enough of that going on.....i'm assuming a lot of other blk women will concur

You know you're one of the few people on here whose opinions I respect, but we never agree all the way. I feel like you have a habit of ignoring how confrontational and antagonistic feminists are towards men. I don't think I've ever heard a feminist speak on anything without resorting to some level of male bashing. If I'm a 100% real masculine man, why would I go to some female rally, where 40% of the discussion is how bad men are and how toxic masculinity is? It's not even reasonable to expect that. Nobody is telling women not to take efforts to prevent street harassment, but when you acting like men a pure evil for trying to holla at a chick the see walk by, there ain't much we can talk about.

our main point of contention, which you continue to mischaracterize, is not not whether blk women face racism

it is to what extent

you have argued before that our gender shields blk women from a lot of racism, which is what i disagree with

just because more blk men have been gunned down by law enforcement doesn't make that true

It really isn't debatable honestly. You feminists believe this is a patriarchy. If that's true, that means the power of any community relies largely among the men. So it only makes sense that if you want to hurt a community the most, you tear down the men. If the men are weakened, that will force the women to rise to a more prominent position. That's exactly what we see today.

Im of the belief like a lot of other blk feminist that the subjugation of our community has been two pronged

Yes when our men our taken out the home via draconian laws, the war on drugs, or and death, blk women are left as the head of house hold and backbone of the community

Welfare and public policy shaped by racism keeps many of us i.e. blk women poor and low income

Ultimately leaving our children vulnerable and destined to live the life of their parents

You break the cycle by addressing the ways sexism and racism intersect and work together to maintain the status quo
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

And you again are being dismissive

Street harrassment isnt just about the annoyance of being approached by strange men

Though it can be a bit much after awhile

You dont understand for a woman how scary it can be walking home or to the bus alone at night and having to deal with that

You are in denial about how aggressive and disrespectful men can be

Not to mention entitled

Ive had ? i didn't know grab my waist and even grab my car door to prevent me from closing it

Dont know how many times ive read of a man overreacting and even resorting to violence after being curbed by a woman

Not to reduce the movement down to just street harrassment its more than that....that is almost just a microcosm...you want to call it something other then toxic masculinity fine

Yes at these protest you have some ppl doing the most being antagonistic but that aint something unique to womens rallies

Within movements there always going to be extremist and agitators, no reason not to take a stand or support something u believe in

And most I've been have been inclusive for the most part

? i give props to the white ppl who come to the BLM protest though its not always a welcoming environment

Opposed to being defensive the few ive talked with have been cool and were there to better understand our plight. They understand that ppl have good reason to be angry and sometimes that anger is misdirected
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Blk women have been ? , beaten, sexually assaulted, crimanlized, work exploited since we stepped foot on american soil

Portrayed as welfare queens and jezebels

When our men killed we are left alone to grieve and make a living

When the war on drugs take men from our community, we are left to pick up the pieces and raise our children alone

We are one of the most educated groups in america, yet when there is a recession we are the first let go. During the recovery we are the last hired. Disproportionately poor

Our talents and or athletic ability doesnt afford us with the same social status and financial opportunities as our male counterparts

We are seen less feminine than our non blk counterparts

My black female privilege has allowed me to live with very little fear of execution by a police officer, but to suggest that we've been some how sheilded from the horrors of racism is poppycock

You basically are downplaying the psychological and physical toll the aforementioned takes on a person and or group

Furthermore during the march in Selma we were beaten and jailed same as our male counterparts but never received half the credit because we werent given any high ranking positions within the Civil rights movement...word to women like Dorothy Irene Height

Same as we were exploited during the Womans Suffrage movement ...just to a larger extentwoman

Bulletproof armor acts as a shield. It doesn't mean when you get shot with it on that you don't get hurt. You going to feel that ? , and you may be injured. Once again, no one claimed that black women haven't been victims of racism. No one claimed that you guys haven't had it bad. But how much worse would you have had it if you were the primary targets or even equal targets to men? How much worse would you be off as a group if they worked as much to tear you down?

I'm not downplaying anything. I've continuously acknowledged that black women have gone through hell in this country. Me saying that you've been shielded doesn't mean you haven't face pain. It just means that pain could have been worse. And I'm not really sure what you mean by women never received half the credit for the march on Selma. It's not like people differentiate between male and female contributions now. We just acknowledge people.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @The Lonious Monk

And you again are being dismissive

Street harrassment isnt just about the annoyance of being approached by strange men

Though it can be a bit much after awhile

You dont understand for a woman how scary it can be walking home or to the bus alone at night and having to deal with that

You are in denial about how aggressive and disrespectful men can be

Not to mention entitled

Ive had ? i didn't know grab my waist and even grab my car door to prevent me from closing it

Dont know how many times ive read of a man overreacting and even resorting to violence after being curbed by a woman

Not to reduce the movement down to just street harrassment its more than that....that is almost just a microcosm

Yes at these protest you have some ppl doing the most being antagonistic but that aint something unique to womens rallies

Within movements there always going to be extremist and agitators, no reason not to take a stand or support something u believe in

And most I've been have been inclusive for the most part

? i give props to the white ppl who come to the BLM protest though its not always a welcoming environment

Opposed to being defensive the few ive talked with have been cool and were there to better understand our plight

I'm not dismissing anything. You're continuously missing the point. I'm not saying there aren't overly aggressive men. I've seen a dude bump a chick with his car just because she didn't respond to his greeting. What I'm saying is that ya'll don't just go at them. You go at all of us. Feminists do stupid ? like make videos of themselves walking down the street and then paint all the men in the video as beasts whether they were just being friendly, trying to holla, or being disrespectful. Feminists do ? like tell blatant lies just to exaggerate how big a threat black men are to black women. Feminists do ? like blame black men for all the bad that befalls black women even the ? that black women actively do themselves.

This is the biggest problem I have with you. I've never seen a guy on here claim that no bad men exist or that no ? do over the top stupid ? . But you and the other feminists refuse to acknowledge how ya'll come at us. Yeah, white people go to BLM marches, but BLM marches ain't about bashing white people. There may be some hostility there, but at the end of the day the subject is bigger than just black or white. Those feminist rallies are completely different. Much of what is said consists of direct attacks on men. What purpose does it serve for us to show up to something like that. I've said it more than once. I've got two daughters. I want nothing more than to help eliminate the dangers and pitfalls that they'll face. But I'm not going to rallies where a bunch of chicks get on the podium telling me I'm the reason for all their problems when I barely have the power necessary to care for me and mine let alone to bring down a whole gender.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Problem is this article is for fem elite black women...but they barely exist most black women dont care about any of this they just want a man to pay they bills an raise they kids...all this fancy talk is not reality ...most of us are simple
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Problem is this article is for fem elite black women...but they barely exist most black women dont care about any of this they just want a man to pay they bills an raise they kids...all this fancy talk is not reality ...most of us are simple

vt5ckp6bymkd.jpg
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

Black women are killing black men too or setting them up to get killed, lying about ? and lying about Bri g abused. People in general are hurting others regardless of race or gender. Why make this out to be some black men hating black women ? ? As far as misogyny, many black women gravitate towards those type of men so they are the ones complicit in their own treatment. You have a whole generation of women on Instagram subjecting themselves as objects yet you blaming black men lol.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

The first bold. Are you serious? When is the killer of a black trans person not prosecuted on murder and hate crimes? Trannies are actually protected by this country. Even the black ones.

The second. Black women are not targeted like black men, but black males have shown much support for black female victiims.

I personally don't give a ? about a ? or ? person lol but they are not being oppressed because of their sexuality and are actually protected. They are constantly changing laws for them so stop comparing it to the black struggle.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    A lot of black women will buy anything a white feminist or ? is selling

Point out the white feminist in the article?

Also, whats the need for the homophobic language?

Rofl. ? is homoiphopic? If I call a person a punk does that make me a sissyphobe?
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean..if whites are to feel guilt for white privilege why ain't black men pose to feel guilt for male privilege?
  • Westie
    edited September 2017
    Options
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

The first bold. Are you serious? When is the killer of a black trans person not prosecuted on murder and hate crimes? Trannies are actually protected by this country. Even the black ones.

The second. Black women are not targeted like black men, but black males have shown much support for black female victiims.

I personally don't give a ? about a ? or ? person lol but they are not being oppressed because of their sexuality and are actually protected. They are constantly changing laws for them so stop comparing it to the black struggle.

first of all is trans not ? . That's offensive. secondly black Trans women are killed at a ridiculous rate and very unprotected. now being that you don't give a ? , I'm sure you didn't look at the statistics so I'm not going to bother to link you to something you don't give a ? about.

You - A BLACK STRAIGHT MAN - not giving a ? about another BLACK person's issue is the entire point of this article so... Every single response to this issue In this thread has been the same. Homophobic and bigoted. Nobody else's issues matter to you but those that immediately effect you. Sound familiar?? Point proven. Thank you.

also, check between your legs. Do you have a ? or a ? ? Oh really? There's a ? there? That means you are not to speak on black women's issues telling a black woman what they don't go through. ? out of here.
  • Westie
    Options
    The CAUCASITY of you ? is insane.