Straight Black Men Are the White People of Black People

Comments

• Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

Black women are killing black men too or setting them up to get killed, lying about ? and lying about Bri g abused. People in general are hurting others regardless of race or gender. Why make this out to be some black men hating black women ? ? As far as misogyny, many black women gravitate towards those type of men so they are the ones complicit in their own treatment. You have a whole generation of women on Instagram subjecting themselves as objects yet you blaming black men lol.

Lmao so much wrong here

What about black on black crime? You people ? yourselves. Black people are criminals. If you don't act like a stereotype you won't get treated like a stereotype. Pull your pants up.
  • Westie
    edited September 2017
    LordZuko wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

Yeah...we're venting in a thread littered in angry rants about how bad black women are. :/

I said that to say that in these topics women just want to vent their issues and if men disagree then we're being dismissive.

What is there to disagree with tho? The title?

The title for one (because there are a few black women that agree with it), secondly that black men don't protect or love black women, thirdly disagreeing with being thrown into the box and have to answer for the black men that do harm black women. Those are some examples.

Answer for? Were you asked to go to jail for another man's crimes? No this comes from checking the ? around you and there are far too many of you that don't do that. There are some that do but I'm not going to act like I don't know ? and I do. You can see it on this site. That ? weirdo called black women clowns and a bunch of y'all co-signed it. any black man that comes to defend black women when the majority don't think that they should be is called ? , a lesbian, Etc here. But y'all protect us? HE didn't say SOME, but i gotta? So all black women are clowns but you don't have to answer for the next ? crime? not one of y'all checked him though. Standing up for us right? Laughable.

I enjoy making inflammatory statements, But it does remain true because here you are defending yourself and saying it's not me though I'm a good black man. sound familiar? I'm a good white person I'm not racist why are you making me answer for the racist's crimes? But y'all ain't going to agree and I'm cool with that. Protect yourselves 1st and foremost, i get it.

Checking ? about what exactly? The problem is painting black men with a broad stroke and then telling black men to accept the accusations. When ? like Tommy Sotomayor for example talk greasy about black women he gets checked. ? I even made the thread and most of the black men in that thread agreed that he deserved it. Is it fair to accept his and ? like him, generalizations about ALL black women and expect those that don't fit his and their negative view to speak for those bad black women and accept their criticism and ask them what must black women do to make those ? like black women? Exactly.

But you let everyday ? like your friends slide for misogynistic ? tho? Like in this thread.
    You let someone make disparaging remarks about all black women in your thread and don't check him though. You don't want to be painted with a broad brush but when someone else paints black women with a broad brush that's okay?
    like I said, the problem is that y'all don't check yourselves when it comes to the mistreatment of other black people.

So give me an example of misogynistic talk. If the homie said to me that "he wants to ? that ? so bad" that's misogynistic and I should check him? Just asking. Just want an idea of what you think misogynistic talk is. I don't think no one including black women should be generalized, and I don't think it's ok.

See any @LordZuko post

? don't you ever in your life mention my name.

? call misogyny anything that hurts their feelings. Guess what hurts their feelings? The truth.

I'll be a card carrying misogynist. ? these hoes.

all this misogyny and not one of you ? check him. You laugh at it. Again Point proven thank you white ? .
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    aneed123 wrote: »
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

The first bold. Are you serious? When is the killer of a black trans person not prosecuted on murder and hate crimes? Trannies are actually protected by this country. Even the black ones.

The second. Black women are not targeted like black men, but black males have shown much support for black female victiims.

I personally don't give a ? about a ? or ? person lol but they are not being oppressed because of their sexuality and are actually protected. They are constantly changing laws for them so stop comparing it to the black struggle.

first of all is trans not ? . That's offensive. secondly black Trans women are killed at a ridiculous rate and very unprotected. now being that you don't give a ? , I'm sure you didn't look at the statistics so I'm not going to bother to link you to something you don't give a ? about.

You - A BLACK STRAIGHT MAN - not giving a ? about another BLACK person's issue is the entire point of this article so... Every single response to this issue In this thread has been the same. Homophobic and bigoted. Nobody else's issues matter to you but those that immediately effect you. Sound familiar?? Point proven. Thank you.

also, check between your legs. Do you have a ? or a ? ? Oh really? There's a ? there? That means you are not to speak on black women's issues telling a black woman what they don't go through. ? out of here.

First of all I don't give a ? lol. I never told black women what they don't go through. I said they are not targeted like black men, which is a fact and yes I have a very attractive ? between my legs. Also I am not a homophobe or a bigot. Not caring about ? does not equal fear or hatred. They have their rights and I am not against that but I don't support the ? agenda.
  • Westie
    edited September 2017
    to be real the regular straight working class black man is the one who gets treated the worst...

Westie u laughing but lets keep it real... what rights group speaks up for us? U got the whole ? agenda and the pushing of men to be feminine... feminist movements and women issues U got the whole tricking and money being whats important... so for the averege black man working check to check who aint ? who looks out or cares about them?

Are you a men's rights activist? I think you might be because you sound like those white guys. Let me ask you this Who gives a ? when a black Trans woman is killed? And might not be enough people but who is Marching In the Street For the black men who get killed by police? We Care meaning black women and a lot of ? Black people when it's y'all. Do you show up for black women, ? people who are black? Trans people who are black? Or do you not give a ? about them?

The first bold. Are you serious? When is the killer of a black trans person not prosecuted on murder and hate crimes? Trannies are actually protected by this country. Even the black ones.

The second. Black women are not targeted like black men, but black males have shown much support for black female victiims.

I personally don't give a ? about a ? or ? person lol but they are not being oppressed because of their sexuality and are actually protected. They are constantly changing laws for them so stop comparing it to the black struggle.

first of all is trans not ? . That's offensive. secondly black Trans women are killed at a ridiculous rate and very unprotected. now being that you don't give a ? , I'm sure you didn't look at the statistics so I'm not going to bother to link you to something you don't give a ? about.

You - A BLACK STRAIGHT MAN - not giving a ? about another BLACK person's issue is the entire point of this article so... Every single response to this issue In this thread has been the same. Homophobic and bigoted. Nobody else's issues matter to you but those that immediately effect you. Sound familiar?? Point proven. Thank you.

also, check between your legs. Do you have a ? or a ? ? Oh really? There's a ? there? That means you are not to speak on black women's issues telling a black woman what they don't go through. ? out of here.

First of all I don't give a ? lol. I never told black women what they don't go through. I said they are not targeted like black men, which is a fact and yes I have a very attractive ? between my legs. Also I am not a homophobe or a bigot. Not caring about ? does not equal fear or hatred. They have their rights and I am not against that but I don't support the ? agenda.

Okay boo good for you not giving a ? . And congratulations on your supposed ? .

...yeah calling ? people ? and trans people trannys is bigoted. So at the very least you have bigoted views. Putting it nicely. so black women aren't targeted like black men are, okay... So you would agree that black women have a whole host of issues black men don't have to deal with right? Since we're different at all?
  • VulcanRaven

Okay boo good for you not giving a ? . And congratulations on your supposed ? .

...yeah calling ? people ? and trans people trannys is bigoted. So at the very least you have bigoted views. Putting it nicely. so black women aren't targeted like black men are, okay... So you would agree that black women have a whole host of issues black men don't have to deal with right? Since we're different at all?

I didn't call them that for hate so it's not bigoted and I never called anyone a gag I was just asking a question. Of course black women have issues we don't have. I am not blind to issues be face. Thanks for the congrats on my magnificent ? lol.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guessing since there's some traffic in this thread, somebody agrees with the author of that article's ? .

Between the brothers that generalize against all Black women and the sisters that use every opportunity (like this ? ) to start going in on Black men, SMH - ? is pathetic.

Just going to believe that there's still a bunch a Black people with sense who don't do this ? .

Yall make this divide on conquer ? way too easy.
  • VulcanRaven
    jono wrote: »
    The argument that my mere existence is "problematic" is a concept I wholly reject. I don't care what a self-defacing ? writes.

The Assassination of the Black Male image continues decades after Earl Ofari Hutchinson wrote the book. Now we're all rapists, thugs, wife-beaters and abusers. Sadly, when Hutchinson wrote that book he was talking about WHITE people assassinating the black male image, now its self-hating negros and black women. The irony.

why is talking about the reality of what blk women face anti-blk male?

is there not misogyny within the blk community?

blk women, same a blk men, are dying at the hands of our male counterparts at alarming rates...why is that not worth a discussion?

why are always told we’re being divisive when we talk about what’s going on? that has a silencing effect

if you read the article with a open mind, it's not your existence that is problematic ...but your complicity in propagating the status quo

Black women are killing black men too or setting them up to get killed, lying about ? and lying about Bri g abused. People in general are hurting others regardless of race or gender. Why make this out to be some black men hating black women ? ? As far as misogyny, many black women gravitate towards those type of men so they are the ones complicit in their own treatment. You have a whole generation of women on Instagram subjecting themselves as objects yet you blaming black men lol.

Lmao so much wrong here

What about black on black crime? You people ? yourselves. Black people are criminals. If you don't act like a stereotype you won't get treated like a stereotype. Pull your pants up.

LOL wait a minute. What I said is not equal to the bobc argument at all you little twister
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Black men and women believe the most negative stereotypical aspects of each other... and it aint the white mans fault.. its because both men and women in some ways embrace the fuckery. and champion the fucknigganess.

I definitely aint reading all that ? or the article.. but its the

giphy.gif?w=840
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    Guessing since there's some traffic in this thread, somebody agrees with the author of that article's ? .

Between the brothers that generalize against all Black women and the sisters that use every opportunity (like this ? ) to start going in on Black men, SMH - ? is pathetic.

Just going to believe that there's still a bunch a Black people with sense who don't do this ? .

Black men and women believe the most negative stereotypical aspects of each other... and it aint the white mans fault.. its because both men and women in some ways embrace the fuckery. and champion the fucknigganess.

giphy.gif?w=840

Good posts.

? don't make sense. If black women have special problems they need addressed, just write articles exploring those problems and provide things that both black women and men need to do to solve those problems. Why is it necessary to always try to attack and place blame on black men? The same goes for us when we try to address our unique problems. Black men and women go at each other harder than blacks go at racist whites.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off article doesnt even mention ? people...second this is from lip stick alley where westie to scared to go...The "king" is just a title, and we wouldn't know if he was there or not, like modern monarchy.

The black man has no money, he is an economic harvester, not a seed sower. He is a woman with a ? . The ? is lost, he doesn't even always know he is a ? . Sometimes he thinks he is an Egyptian. Sometimes an Israelite. Sometimes a Moor. Sometimes an Indigenous person of the Americas. And on and on. He will do anything but build and go and see this beast....so to say we have power when they feel this way about us...
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

Blk women have been ? , beaten, sexually assaulted, crimanlized, work exploited since we stepped foot on american soil

Portrayed as welfare queens and jezebels

When our men killed we are left alone to grieve and make a living

When the war on drugs take men from our community, we are left to pick up the pieces and raise our children alone

We are one of the most educated groups in america, yet when there is a recession we are the first let go. During the recovery we are the last hired. Disproportionately poor

Our talents and or athletic ability doesnt afford us with the same social status and financial opportunities as our male counterparts

We are seen less feminine than our non blk counterparts

My black female privilege has allowed me to live with very little fear of execution by a police officer, but to suggest that we've been some how sheilded from the horrors of racism is poppycock

You basically are downplaying the psychological and physical toll the aforementioned takes on a person and or group

Furthermore during the march in Selma we were beaten and jailed same as our male counterparts but never received half the credit because we werent given any high ranking positions within the Civil rights movement...word to women like Dorothy Irene Height

Same as we were exploited during the Womans Suffrage movement ...just to a larger extentwoman

Bulletproof armor acts as a shield. It doesn't mean when you get shot with it on that you don't get hurt. You going to feel that ? , and you may be injured. Once again, no one claimed that black women haven't been victims of racism. No one claimed that you guys haven't had it bad. But how much worse would you have had it if you were the primary targets or even equal targets to men? How much worse would you be off as a group if they worked as much to tear you down?

I'm not downplaying anything. I've continuously acknowledged that black women have gone through hell in this country. Me saying that you've been shielded doesn't mean you haven't face pain. It just means that pain could have been worse. And I'm not really sure what you mean by women never received half the credit for the march on Selma. It's not like people differentiate between male and female contributions now. We just acknowledge people.

You've aknowledged blk women have had it bad only to say blk men have had it worst

Shield

To protect (someone or something) from a danger, risk, or unpleasant experience.
    "he pulled the cap lower to shield his eyes from the glare"

Shield is not the right word

When i say women of the civil rights movement never received just credit for the role they played I'm referring to individual women like Dorothy Irene Height who also spoke out about the sexism she experienced
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blk women have been ? , beaten, sexually assaulted, crimanlized, work exploited since we stepped foot on american soil

When the war on drugs take men from our community, we are left to pick up the pieces and raise our children alone

We are one of the most educated groups in america, yet when there is a recession we are the first let go. During the recovery we are the last hired. Disproportionately poor

Our talents and or athletic ability doesnt afford us with the same social status and financial opportunities as our male counterparts

My black female privilege has allowed me to live with very little fear of execution by a police officer, but to suggest that we've been some how sheilded from the horrors of racism is poppycock

You basically are downplaying the psychological and physical toll the aforementioned takes on a person and or group

Furthermore during the march in Selma we were beaten and jailed same as our male counterparts but never received half the credit because we werent given any high ranking positions within the Civil rights movement...word to women like Dorothy Irene Height

Same as we were exploited during the Womans Suffrage movement ...just to a larger extentwoman

Bulletproof armor acts as a shield. It doesn't mean when you get shot with it on that you don't get hurt. You going to feel that ? , and you may be injured. Once again, no one claimed that black women haven't been victims of racism. No one claimed that you guys haven't had it bad. But how much worse would you have had it if you were the primary targets or even equal targets to men? How much worse would you be off as a group if they worked as much to tear you down?

I'm not downplaying anything. I've continuously acknowledged that black women have gone through hell in this country. Me saying that you've been shielded doesn't mean you haven't face pain. It just means that pain could have been worse. And I'm not really sure what you mean by women never received half the credit for the march on Selma. It's not like people differentiate between male and female contributions now. We just acknowledge people.

You've aknowledged blk women have had it bad only to say blk men have had it worst

Shield

To protect (someone or something) from a danger, risk, or unpleasant experience.

When i say women of the civil rights movement never received just credit for the role they played I'm referring to individual women like Dorothy Irene Height who also spoke out about the sexism she experienced

Women got due credit during the movement, but lets be real, men had to do more. That's always the case since the dawn of mankind.
  • Westie
    7figz wrote: »

giphy.gif?w=840

Good posts.

? don't make sense. If black women have special problems they need addressed, just write articles exploring those problems and provide things that both black women and men need to do to solve those problems. Why is it necessary to always try to attack and place blame on black men? The same goes for us when we try to address our unique problems. Black men and women go at each other harder than blacks go at racist whites.

THEY DO. Yall wouldn't know because you only pay attention to male voices (i.e. the article) and are dismissive.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited September 2017
    @The Lonious Monk

And you again are being dismissive

Street harrassment isnt just about the annoyance of being approached by strange men

Though it can be a bit much after awhile

You dont understand for a woman how scary it can be walking home or to the bus alone at night and having to deal with that

You are in denial about how aggressive and disrespectful men can be

Not to mention entitled

Ive had ? i didn't know grab my waist and even grab my car door to prevent me from closing it

Dont know how many times ive read of a man overreacting and even resorting to violence after being curbed by a woman

Not to reduce the movement down to just street harrassment its more than that....that is almost just a microcosm

Yes at these protest you have some ppl doing the most being antagonistic but that aint something unique to womens rallies

Within movements there always going to be extremist and agitators, no reason not to take a stand or support something u believe in

And most I've been have been inclusive for the most part

? i give props to the white ppl who come to the BLM protest though its not always a welcoming environment

Opposed to being defensive the few ive talked with have been cool and were there to better understand our plight

I'm not dismissing anything. You're continuously missing the point. I'm not saying there aren't overly aggressive men. I've seen a dude bump a chick with his car just because she didn't respond to his greeting. What I'm saying is that ya'll don't just go at them. You go at all of us. Feminists do stupid ? like make videos of themselves walking down the street and then paint all the men in the video as beasts whether they were just being friendly, trying to holla, or being disrespectful. Feminists do ? like tell blatant lies just to exaggerate how big a threat black men are to black women. Feminists do ? like blame black men for all the bad that befalls black women even the ? that black women actively do themselves.

This is the biggest problem I have with you. I've never seen a guy on here claim that no bad men exist or that no ? do over the top stupid ? . But you and the other feminists refuse to acknowledge how ya'll come at us. Yeah, white people go to BLM marches, but BLM marches ain't about bashing white people. There may be some hostility there, but at the end of the day the subject is bigger than just black or white. Those feminist rallies are completely different. Much of what is said consists of direct attacks on men. What purpose does it serve for us to show up to something like that. I've said it more than once. I've got two daughters. I want nothing more than to help eliminate the dangers and pitfalls that they'll face. But I'm not going to rallies where a bunch of chicks get on the podium telling me I'm the reason for all their problems when I barely have the power necessary to care for me and mine let alone to bring down a whole gender.

"You go at all of us"

It isn't about going at any specific individual ....it happens enough that suggest that this is a cultural problem. You may not do it, but when you don't speak up or/and use misogynistic language and/or consume misogynistic media you are apart of the problem. I admit i've been guilty myself of these things

But yes that is what we are trying to bring light to

How many women, feminist rallies have u attended anyways?

Or are you basing your opinion on what you have read or the internet

And its crazy you would ask what purpose it would serve for u to attend. Maybe to show support? Maybe to learn something? Lol

And how many BLM rallies have you attended?

BLM isnt about bashing white ppl same as women rallies arent about bashing men

Its about bringing awareness to issues like misogyny and sexism

Same as BLM protest are in part about pushing back against white supremacy

• LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In these types of discussions the women just want to vent. They don't want any solutions.

Yeah...we're venting in a thread littered in angry rants about how bad black women are. :/

I said that to say that in these topics women just want to vent their issues and if men disagree then we're being dismissive.

The title for one (because there are a few black women that agree with it), secondly that black men don't protect or love black women, thirdly disagreeing with being thrown into the box and have to answer for the black men that do harm black women. Those are some examples.

Answer for? Were you asked to go to jail for another man's crimes? No this comes from checking the ? around you and there are far too many of you that don't do that. There are some that do but I'm not going to act like I don't know ? and I do. You can see it on this site. That ? weirdo called black women clowns and a bunch of y'all co-signed it. any black man that comes to defend black women when the majority don't think that they should be is called ? , a lesbian, Etc here. But y'all protect us? HE didn't say SOME, but i gotta? So all black women are clowns but you don't have to answer for the next ? crime? not one of y'all checked him though. Standing up for us right? Laughable.

I enjoy making inflammatory statements, But it does remain true because here you are defending yourself and saying it's not me though I'm a good black man. sound familiar? I'm a good white person I'm not racist why are you making me answer for the racist's crimes? But y'all ain't going to agree and I'm cool with that. Protect yourselves 1st and foremost, i get it.

Checking ? about what exactly? The problem is painting black men with a broad stroke and then telling black men to accept the accusations. When ? like Tommy Sotomayor for example talk greasy about black women he gets checked. ? I even made the thread and most of the black men in that thread agreed that he deserved it. Is it fair to accept his and ? like him, generalizations about ALL black women and expect those that don't fit his and their negative view to speak for those bad black women and accept their criticism and ask them what must black women do to make those ? like black women? Exactly.

But you let everyday ? like your friends slide for misogynistic ? tho? Like in this thread.
    You let someone make disparaging remarks about all black women in your thread and don't check him though. You don't want to be painted with a broad brush but when someone else paints black women with a broad brush that's okay?
    like I said, the problem is that y'all don't check yourselves when it comes to the mistreatment of other black people.

So give me an example of misogynistic talk. If the homie said to me that "he wants to ? that ? so bad" that's misogynistic and I should check him? Just asking. Just want an idea of what you think misogynistic talk is. I don't think no one including black women should be generalized, and I don't think it's ok.

See any @LordZuko post

? call misogyny anything that hurts their feelings. Guess what hurts their feelings? The truth.

all this misogyny and not one of you ? check him. You laugh at it. Again Point proven thank you white ? .

? check me how? @Westie

? can't check me in person they Damn sure not gonna do it online.

You check me ? . Say something insightful that would give me pause to reconsider my perspective.

Stop mentioning my name i ain't candy man, your ? or your baby daddy.
  • Westie

See any @LordZuko post

? check me how? @Westie

You check me ? . Say something insightful that would give me pause to reconsider my perspective.

I'll mention you when I want. I have no desire to attempt to have a serious conversation with you. I'm not here for you to work out your mommy issues on.

• Westie

See any @LordZuko post

? check me how? @Westie

I'll mention you when I want. I have no desire to attempt to have a serious conversation with you. I'm not here for you to work out your mommy issues on.

Oh yeah @LordZuko
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

See any @LordZuko post

? check me how? @Westie

I don't go back and forth with hoes. Unless my ? in your throat, we got nothing to talk about, and even then you won't be saying much.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker

Shield

Women got due credit during the movement, but lets be real, men had to do more. That's always the case since the dawn of mankind.

no they didn't

and what does "men did more" mean exactly?

as i mentioned earlier women weren't given high ranking positions within the civil rights movement so maybe that is why they couldn't do "more" lol

• Westie

See any @LordZuko post

? check me how? @Westie

I don't go back and forth with hoes. Unless my ? in your throat, we got nothing to talk about, and even then you won't be saying much.
    Oh so clever [insert misogynist ? here]

The overcompensation is strong.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An article that is surprisingly accurate that black men can't pull away from their emotions to understand their male privilege. Ya'll do sound like white folks denying racism.
  • Ajackson17
    gorilla wrote: »
    I'm sick of this "but but but black women get treated the worst" ? . It divides us as a people and usually generates from man hating ? or ? ass dudes raised by man hating ? .

I don't know any black man that would argue that our sisters don't have it as hard as us, we in this ? together. However we are attacked on different fronts, in different ways. The only thing we should be doing is trying to build together instead of trying to make enemies out of each other. The problem is there's a large segment of our sisters who want attention and control. So they make us out to be on par with the white man's evilness.

Malcolm X made that comment that Black women are the most unprotected and mistreated woman in America.

• gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread reinforces 2 things for me:

1. There's a segment of black women who just basically want to find something to champion even if it means exaggerating that thing. And these same women usually talk in circles or regurgitate what they've heard other women say on some bandwagon ? cuz ppl love to be a part of something. They also get pissy and start throwing fits when their point of view is challenged or simply not agreed with.

2. When talking about issues black women face (which the majority are the same as what black men face so we SHOULD be on the same page) it seems as though the goal is to point a finger and guilt black men into agreement, not to have a constructive discussion to yield possible solutions.

Several times yall have admitted to the fact that not all,majority or half of black men contribute to your claims. Which can only mean there's a large portion (dare I say majority?) of black men who treat their sistas with respect and demand the same of other brothas. So what more can we do? There will never not be people on both sides who mistreat the opposite. Especially when a lot of times those are the men yall choose to interact with because you're not attracted to dudes who are "too nice"

• Ajackson17
    @Westie their privilege won't allow them to see it.The article was right, sounds like a Right Wing convention in here.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shield

The bold is absolutely untrue. The only reason I ever point out that black men have had it worse is as an explanation for why sometimes addressing what's happening with black men should take precedence. For example, we should acknowledge police brutality when it happens to black men or women. However, a lot of feminists get on their soapboxes and complain about black men getting much more attention than black women on this issue. It is completely reasonable for me to point out that black men getting more attention is fair given that black men suffer from it more.

And it's fine if you think certain women should be acknowledged more. If that's the case then ya'll should put more time in promoting those women rather than complaining that those women aren't being promoted. That's all I'm saying. You or other feminists are free to make topics or posts dropping good info from the female perspective. Now really think about it. How many of those kinds of posts have been made vs posts complaining that men don't give fair exposure?

THEY DO. Yall wouldn't know because you only pay attention to male voices (i.e. the article) and are dismissive.

No, we wouldn't know because we don't go looking for them. That in itself might be bad, but it's not like ? on here rejecting knowledge because it comes from women (not the ? that actually care about having knowledge anyway). Ya'll are free to drop that knowledge, and in some rare instances you have, but it seems you're more content to just bash us for not knowing.
    @The Lonious Monk

And you again are being dismissive

Street harrassment isnt just about the annoyance of being approached by strange men

Though it can be a bit much after awhile

You dont understand for a woman how scary it can be walking home or to the bus alone at night and having to deal with that

You are in denial about how aggressive and disrespectful men can be

Not to mention entitled

Ive had ? i didn't know grab my waist and even grab my car door to prevent me from closing it

Dont know how many times ive read of a man overreacting and even resorting to violence after being curbed by a woman

Not to reduce the movement down to just street harrassment its more than that....that is almost just a microcosm

Yes at these protest you have some ppl doing the most being antagonistic but that aint something unique to womens rallies

Within movements there always going to be extremist and agitators, no reason not to take a stand or support something u believe in

And most I've been have been inclusive for the most part

? i give props to the white ppl who come to the BLM protest though its not always a welcoming environment

Opposed to being defensive the few ive talked with have been cool and were there to better understand our plight

I'm not dismissing anything. You're continuously missing the point. I'm not saying there aren't overly aggressive men. I've seen a dude bump a chick with his car just because she didn't respond to his greeting. What I'm saying is that ya'll don't just go at them. You go at all of us. Feminists do stupid ? like make videos of themselves walking down the street and then paint all the men in the video as beasts whether they were just being friendly, trying to holla, or being disrespectful. Feminists do ? like tell blatant lies just to exaggerate how big a threat black men are to black women. Feminists do ? like blame black men for all the bad that befalls black women even the ? that black women actively do themselves.

This is the biggest problem I have with you. I've never seen a guy on here claim that no bad men exist or that no ? do over the top stupid ? . But you and the other feminists refuse to acknowledge how ya'll come at us. Yeah, white people go to BLM marches, but BLM marches ain't about bashing white people. There may be some hostility there, but at the end of the day the subject is bigger than just black or white. Those feminist rallies are completely different. Much of what is said consists of direct attacks on men. What purpose does it serve for us to show up to something like that. I've said it more than once. I've got two daughters. I want nothing more than to help eliminate the dangers and pitfalls that they'll face. But I'm not going to rallies where a bunch of chicks get on the podium telling me I'm the reason for all their problems when I barely have the power necessary to care for me and mine let alone to bring down a whole gender.

"You go at all of us"

It isn't about going at any specific individual ....it happens enough that suggest that this is a cultural problem. You may not do it, but when you don't speak up or/and use misogynistic language and/or consume misogynistic media you are apart of the problem. I admit i've been guilty myself of these things

But yes that is what we are trying to bring light to

How many women, feminist rallies have u attended anyways?

Or are you basing your opinion on what you have read or the internet

And its crazy you would ask what purpose it would serve for u to attend. Maybe to show support? Maybe to learn something? Lol

And how many BLM rallies have you attended?

BLM isnt about bashing white ppl same as women rallies arent about bashing men

Its about bringing awareness to issues like misogyny and sexism

Same as BLM protest are in part about pushing back against white supremacy

One of each. In the case of the women's rights rally, I was there admittedly by accident while I was in San Francisco one summer. I lasted about 10 minutes before I had had enough. The chick I speaking couldn't go five minutes without taking a shot at men, and everyone there was eating it up. That's how she and everyone else there feels? Cool, let them do them, but why would I ever go to another rally like that? It's a waste of my time.

The BLM rally I went to was here in DC, and there was no black vs white ? at all. The focus was completely on protesting injustices. And by the way, I'm not even a fan of the BLM movement, so if I had something negative to say about it, I'd say it, but it was a reasonable event.

That's a small sample size, so I'm not making some kind of statement about what happens at these events in general based on those experiences alone. But I've heard enough feminists speak on ? to know that I shouldn't bother with those rallies.

Anyway, you say the rallies are about bringing awareness to issues like misogyny and sexism. You know damn well most of your cohorts can't do that without bashing men. lol