Who are the most overrated NFL players?

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bennett is still insanely overrated to me. Dude is about to be 32 and has one 10 sack season in his career. Still gets talked about like a beast. I think even counting post season games he only got to 10 sacks once, and that's 17+ games played.

He was beasting Sunday tho

He's really not overrated at all

Sheeittt. This dude is average at getting to the QB even when on a team playing with a lead, and a dominant secondary behind him. He gets praised like a MONSTER though. Especially during the Seahawks SB years.

He was in the most ideal situation he could be in, and was still so-so on getting to the QB. Overrated

lol at average he's only 2nd to Watt in qb pressures in the past 4 years and he plays in between the tackles 61% of the time, he doesn't even get paid top tier money like that and I never see him glorified like Watt or Von are, he gets the right amount of recognition and it's deserved, you're wrong breh try again
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and Gronk hurt again.
    :/
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bennett is still insanely overrated to me. Dude is about to be 32 and has one 10 sack season in his career. Still gets talked about like a beast. I think even counting post season games he only got to 10 sacks once, and that's 17+ games played.

He was beasting Sunday tho

He's really not overrated at all

Sheeittt. This dude is average at getting to the QB even when on a team playing with a lead, and a dominant secondary behind him. He gets praised like a MONSTER though. Especially during the Seahawks SB years.

He was in the most ideal situation he could be in, and was still so-so on getting to the QB. Overrated

lol at average he's only 2nd to Watt in qb pressures in the past 4 years and he plays in between the tackles 61% of the time, he doesn't even get paid top tier money like that and I never see him glorified like Watt or Von are, he gets the right amount of recognition and it's deserved, you're wrong breh try again

Pressures means you got NEAR the quarterback. I said he's average at getting TO the quarterback. One 10 sack season in his 8 year career supports that. Watt has pretty much the same number of sacks in the past 4 years that Bennett has in his career. And Watt missed 13 games in one of those seasons (so 3 seasons and 3 games=Bennett's career).

I'm not big on moving the goal posts for people. Me, and probably almost every poster up here, has never graded a DE on their QB pressures or even really checked on them much. No one has gotten in the HOF off pressures, no one makes an all-pro team off pressures. When your team picks up a pass rusher you don't really know, you don't Google how many QB pressures he's gotten. I'm gonna keep that consistency with Bennett. Overrated.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But who overrates Bennett.

All I know is Belichk said Bennett is one of the better dlineman in the NFL. He don't give out props unless he actually means it
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    But who overrates Bennett.

All I know is Belichk said Bennett is one of the better dlineman in the NFL. He don't give out props unless he actually means it

I just think a lot of people rate him as better than he is. Ya, but Bill is a whole different level of genius. He can maximize talent like no other.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Wilson

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Tooooooooooooooom Brady

He not overrated but the wash is around the corner.
    Father Time lookin at him like
    5k22c8bo07ev.gif

He doesn't do anything better than Aaron Rodgers but he's better than arod

Win

tenor.gif

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tooooooooooooooom Brady

5k22c8bo07ev.gif

Win

tenor.gif

That's more on their respective organizations than them. Brady the GOAT but Aaron would be right there with rings and MVPs if he was in NE
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Tooooooooooooooom Brady

5k22c8bo07ev.gif

Win

tenor.gif

That's more on their respective organizations than them. Brady the GOAT but Aaron would be right there with rings and MVPs if he was in NE

people say this but I don't believe it
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    That's because you're (understandably) on some homer ? .

He literally can do everything Brady does, a lot of things better. He put up similar numbers with skill position players worse than what NE has.

And then there's that Belichek guy. I'm not gonna call Brady a system QB, but he had a development curve to being GOAT. Those first few championships were about the Defense and Belichek while Brady managed games.

There was a definitive turning point in his career trajectory. Brady wasn't "Brady" until you know who got there.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'm really not being a homer I just think there's intangibles that Brady possesses and Rodgers doesn't, it's more to it to me than pointing out how Rodgers throws a better deep ball and throws on the run better, there's things that make Belichick and Brady a perfect match that wouldn't happen with ARod, I'm not saying they wouldn't have success I'm just saying I don't think if you take Brady out and plug in Rodgers and you will get the same results maybe better, you say it like it's a fact and it's really not
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The last chip was about defense.

They gave up only 21 points and shut Atlanta out the second half.

They was like top 3 in points given up last year and ALWAYS have a top defense
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    I'm really not being a homer I just think there's intangibles that Brady possesses and Rodgers doesn't, it's more to it to me than pointing out how Rodgers throws a better deep ball and throws on the run better, there's things that make Belichick and Brady a perfect match that wouldn't happen with ARod, I'm not saying they wouldn't have success I'm just saying I don't think if you take Brady out and plug in Rodgers and you will get the same results maybe better, you say it like it's a fact and it's really not

"Intangibles" is a made up attribute to prop up less athletic white guys

Both guys are proven winners. One has better ownership, front office, coaching and overall team talent. That's the difference. Those are facts.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Both guys are proven winners. One has better ownership, front office, coaching and overall team talent. That's the difference. Those are facts.

? hilarious
    and true too
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

You're full of ? bruh gtfoh with this, that's the first time I ever even brought up intangibles when talking Brady, an athlete like Jordan had intangibles that separate him from the rest, all great athletes who are mentioned amongst the best have them, intangibles are also something your average ? casual fan doesn't comprehend and will say some ? like it's made up
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

? hilarious
    and true too

Lol at "true too" how often are intangibles brought up with Brady? That's probably the first time you ever heard it
  • Inglewood_B
    Options

You're full of ? bruh gtfoh with this, that's the first time I ever even brought up intangibles when talking Brady, an athlete like Jordan had intangibles that separate him from the rest, all great athletes who are mentioned amongst the best have them, intangibles are also something your average ? casual fan doesn't comprehend and will say some ? like it's made up

Get out your feelings and name the "intangibles".

• its....JOHN B
    Options
    Lol at the quotation marks, nah bruh you got it, intangibles isn't a thing in sports
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Name the intangibles. No quotations. Just name them. Go 'head.
  • Inglewood_B
    edited September 2017
    Options

He focused on the fugazi "intangibles" part, but notice he ain't want no smoke with the bolded facts.

There go your intangibles, right there. I named em for you
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    People rave about Jameis Winston work ethic and leadership too. What that mean?

There are a lot of great leaders and locker room guys in the league not winning a damn thing.

And Aaron being self centered didn't hinder his ability to win MVP or a Super Bowl with bad receivers and no defense
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Brad Johnson had mad intangibles in 2003.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/560760-defense-wins-championsipshow-the-packers-defense-has-been-so-successful-in-2010

I'm done I knew once this bozo said intangibles are made up it wasn't a debate worth having, "well Patriots have better ownership and front office" LOLOL yea because Brady makes that ? possible