2017 NBA Off Season Thread: Draft & Free Agency & Summer League

Options

Comments

• NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't WAIT to watch james harden guard pg in a series(if they face each other) or will ariza do that?

Who gonna guard melo? ryan anderson?!? :#

James Harden in the same sentence as

Defense
    Guarding
    Yoking
    Locking down
    Deny
    Stop

Should be a bannable offense in here.

The Thunder have a big 3, arguably a big 4 with Adams courage and toughness... the last two words are the things that lack in Harden's heart.

takei-lol.gif

giphy.gif
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charles just reaffirmed why Willie D had to go all the way in on him:

https://youtu.be/JwDWxcrh6ZQ

Scust at my favorite on-the-court player off all time out here coonin that ? UP.
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options

OKC best lineup to matchup with GS death lineup should be--

Russ
    Roberson
    George
    Melo
    Grant

Yeah, they will try and hide Steph on Roberson but it would be easy to force switches and get him on Russ, Melo, or George. Roberson will be the weak spot obviously, and Grant is athletic enough to be an easy dunk threat out of the pick and roll.

This some 2k logic. ? my guy grant? You really going put 2 ? that can't score on a highschool level on the floor against golden state? Stevrn Adams will be 10x more effective than current Grant at pick n rolls

? is almost as bad as Roberson he just got heart and will altest attack the rim

It's the best defensive lineup you can put that would allow you to switch everything. Yeah GS is obviously gonna try to force Grant and Roberson to take the shots but you got 3 guys that can score out of ISO. You ain't gonna be able to double team all three of them ? .
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Golden state is sweeping okc
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Lol at them having to double team anybody, Durant and Dray are crushing those matchups against Melo and George, they will be borderline non factors in that series, and Klay is as good a defender on Russ as there is, they have no bench or interior advantage, I give them a chance against San An in the 2nd round but they better avoid GS as long as possible and hope for an injury
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Man, the Rockets disrespect in this thread is rampant, and i like it.

Houston are a better matchup against Golden State but they are pretenders too
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

Man, the Rockets disrespect in this thread is rampant, and i like it.

Smh ima make sure I spray paint lakers suck in the medical center so you can see it.

Tranquilo
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    Lol at them having to double team anybody, Durant and Dray are crushing those matchups against Melo and George, they will be borderline non factors in that series, and Klay is as good a defender on Russ as there is, they have no bench or interior advantage, I give them a chance against San An in the 2nd round but they better avoid GS as long as possible and hope for an injury

There's ways to get to the matchups you want. I ain't saying they can beat GS, but they can put out some lineups that can cause them problems.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the warriors are clearly still growing

they didnt match last years regular season win total but they missed 20+ games from kd and spent the first half of the season adjusting to accommodate him — the point differential was even better than the 73 win teams point differential and their stretch of playoffs dominance was unprecedented and the fact that gs were able to pick up assets in the offseason while maintaining their core 4 was crazy

no team can do anything about catching the warriors

they lucked into the biggest farce of an uncompetitive advantage in nba history

if anything the year to beat them was last season

its too late now (for this year)

im taking all bets

i got the warriors you can have the field

THE FIELD

$5
    $50
    $100
    $500
    $1,000 +

its whatever you feel comfortable with

just @ me or PM me
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PG and melo without giving up any first round picks and also getting out from under bad salary

lmao

well played presti

im not a huge melo fan and i wonder about the fit in okc but at that price its worth the experiment
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks might stretch provision noah ,wow not like this.I wonder if that happens would thibs sign him
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Noah shoulda got a 3 year 28 mil contract smh
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't WAIT to watch james harden guard pg in a series(if they face each other) or will ariza do that?

Who gonna guard melo? ryan anderson?!? :#

James Harden in the same sentence as

Defense
    Guarding
    Yoking
    Locking down
    Deny
    Stop

Should be a bannable offense in here.

The Thunder have a big 3, arguably a big 4 with Adams courage and toughness... the last two words are the things that lack in Harden's heart.

takei-lol.gif

giphy.gif

Yoy had me until that adams part
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This can be the fall of the Spurs year, might be closer to an 8 seed than a 1 seed... I got them behind GSW,OKC and Hou.. maybe even Minnesota if they really show up, SA didn't improve much and got a lot of aging vets on the downside
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This can be the fall of the Spurs year, might be closer to an 8 seed than a 1 seed... I got them behind GSW,OKC and Hou.. maybe even Minnesota if they really show up, SA didn't improve much and got a lot of aging vets on the downside

Said.Every. Gotdamn. Year
  • iron man1
    Options
    Knicks might stretch provision noah ,wow not like this.I wonder if that happens would thibs sign him

? Phil. We have 4 higs ready to go and personally Hernan should've been starting instead of him last season. Noah I have no faith in them knees smh damn injuries and duse doesn't even attempt to score. I'm worried on if Kanter will buy in being here or start some ? .
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

This is not even a thing anymore.

The Spurs "falloff" was because they had a aging core of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli.

Now they got a top 5, arguably top 3 player, in the league whose young. They got Murray who is still a few years away, but has the potential to be a good starting pg next year, and they are projected to have 40+ million in Salary cap space next season which they can use to add another super star before resigning some of their guys cause we all know there are players who want to play for Pop.

The whole Spurs falling off thing dies when Kawhi took over for Duncan.

They might not be a legit threat to gsw this year, buy they still gonna end up with top 5, probably top 4 record when their plans are all centered around 2018.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think the stretch for Noah is even a good idea.

The Knicks aint in a position to be good let alone compete yet. I think they should just pay Noah to sit his ass on the bench till the Knicks show some signs of life where adding a player or two will put us in a position to win.

The worst thing would be to stretch Noahs contract over 5 years and have a salary hit from him 4 years from now when we are in a position to be a player or two away.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know it's bad when ppl talk spurs and Aldridge ain't even mentioned
  • iron man1
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    You know it's bad when ppl talk spurs and Aldridge ain't even mentioned

We all know he washed fam lol
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

This is not even a thing anymore.

The Spurs "falloff" was because they had a aging core of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli.

Now they got a top 5, arguably top 3 player, in the league whose young. They got Murray who is still a few years away, but has the potential to be a good starting pg next year, and they are projected to have 40+ million in Salary cap space next season which they can use to add another super star before resigning some of their guys cause we all know there are players who want to play for Pop.

The whole Spurs falling off thing dies when Kawhi took over for Duncan.

They might not be a legit threat to gsw this year, buy they still gonna end up with top 5, probably top 4 record when their plans are all centered around 2018.

Then if SA is a 5 seed they are closer to 8th seed than 1st seed... Tony Parker is all but done Dejounte Murray isn't that guy yet even tho I think he has a lot of potential, lost Dedmon, Pau is about 39 on a 3 year deal, Aldridge is washed up outside of a couple good games a year.. it's not far fetched for the Spurs to end up in the 5-7 range they tend to rest guys as well so they aren't a record focused team.. I been predicting ? all summer to be true so hate now if u want Spurs aren't a top 3 team in the west