• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo

This was one ? up movie
    when the kids were do no the rock war, PW was chilling on the side of the riverbed chilling eating a kids hand and waving w it..

when Eddie broke his arm and PW came out of the fridge, dude was mocking and torturing him w that broken bone ? and the twisting effext was nice.

To me, it was a nod to twisty the clown (same when Richie states his fear, clowns, when they were by the giant Paul Bunyan, the clown on stage handing out animal balloons) anyways, it always represented him being twisted, as well.

Eddie slapping PW and being so scared and PW mocking his crying, taking his hand slapping himself then playing like he was gonna bite his hand.

The psychology of that was scary and well played out
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now IT is the highest grossing horror film by passing the exorcist

Good! But It got nothing on first Exorcist movie is certified ill
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't realize dude that played pennywise was the son and brother of these two actors you see in everything but don't know they name lol

9fv5kcakkiav.jpg
    ccmx0e3odmgt.jpg

damn they whole family in showbiz
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »

Yeah but it was ok, the exorcist was never scary to me but IT has set the standard for scary movies nowadays
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watching now, ? dope.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Yeah but it was ok, the exorcist was never scary to me but IT has set the standard for scary movies nowadays

C8Iuit7UwAEOcWS.jpg

What other scary movie that has came out recently that can ? with IT?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

C8Iuit7UwAEOcWS.jpg

Get Out, Autopsy of Jane Doe, Don't Breathe, Green Room, Train to Busan.

IT was ok but let's be real here; anybody who is really into the horror genre knows it's not even in the top 10 for the 2010s. Let alone the best in recent memory.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If IT wasn't a clown, it wouldn't have worked.

Oh and I finally bit and bought the book. Thick as ? . My wife snatched it up and is reading it. I know she will have it done in a week, week and a half. Then I'll get into it.
  • vageneral08
    edited September 2017
    Options

C8Iuit7UwAEOcWS.jpg

IT was ok but let's be real here; anybody who is really into the horror genre knows it's not even in the top 10 for the 2010s. Let alone the best in recent memory.

You couldn't be anymore wrong.....really get out and don't breathe are not horror films anyway
  • Broddie
    edited September 2017
    Options

C8Iuit7UwAEOcWS.jpg

You couldn't be anymore wrong.....really get out and don't breathe are not horror films anyway

1) It's subjective. You asked me to name some and I did. Just because you disagree it doesn't make it wrong.

2) There is more to the horror genre than the supernatural. They ARE horror films.

3) Majority of critics and audience reactions are on my side in this case so it's not this far fetched opinion that you hope it is.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options

C8Iuit7UwAEOcWS.jpg

1) It's subjective. You asked me to name some and I did. Just because you disagree it doesn't make it wrong.

2) There is more to the horror genre than the supernatural. They ARE horror films.

3) Majority of critics and audience reactions are on my side in this case so it's not this far fetched opinion that you hope it is.

Think it's more so the story and kids as well. Horror films rarely deliver good story teling and just focus on horror. To me this movie was well rounded so its def up there because most horror movies sine 2010 hell maybe 2005 have all lacked that outside very few. Get Out is more a sci-fi thriller to me but Don't Breathe was awesome tho I don't think I'd classify it as horror. Conjuring movies IMO have been the best mainstream horror films of this decade
  • vageneral08
    Options

C8Iuit7UwAEOcWS.jpg

The rest of those movies you mentioned don't even have half the hype IT has received...get out is not the same type of movie neither is don't breathe it's not just my opinion IT is one of the hottest movies so far this year. Like I said it broke the record so obviously it's doing better than the movies you thought of
  • Broddie
    Options

C8Iuit7UwAEOcWS.jpg

The rest of those movies you mentioned don't even have half the hype IT has received...get out is not the same type of movie neither is don't breathe it's not just my opinion IT is one of the hottest movies so far this year. Like I said it broke the record so obviously it's doing better than the movies you thought of

Again just because it's not supernatural doesn't make it incomparable. It's all horror. Also I was referring to RT scores and stuff like that not box office. This has mass appeal while those others didn't.

Since they lacked mass appeal they were sleeper hits but hits nonetheless. All turned a profit with critical acclaim like IT but the latter had greater appeal for many reasons (nostalgia, Stephen King name brand, supernatural horror being hip again [ie: Conjuring, Insidious etc.] etc.)
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't Breathe was ?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Don't Breathe was ?

tenor.gif
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't Breathe was ?

tenor.gif

I mean it kind of was ? had mad plot holes
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Don't Breathe was ?

tenor.gif

I mean it kind of was ? had mad plot holes

How so? If the antagonist's motives and background were explained in the movie along with information of each character and their motives?
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope movie but the black dude didn't get any lines I guess I was expecting more because in the mini series he seemed like the most important character next to the dude that lost his brother
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the original better....towards the end it got kinda wack