Options
2»

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    There's the literal and there's your "symbolic". You gotta know how to differentiate it all. Some of it is hard to, because you're not sure.

Anyways, fact is, we do have free will.

? 's knowledge doesn't have anything to do with our out come. ? knows everything, yes. He didn't live our lives for us, he didn't string us up as puppets and walk us around to A to B to C to live our lives. We've made our OWN decisions. ? 's foreknowledge doesn't mean we don't have free will. Seriously, THINK ABOUT IT. Think about what you're saying. You're basically saying, ? is controlling us as robots, living our lives for us, doing things for us THROUGH US. If that was the case then we sure in hell wouldn't have FREE WILL. But the fact of the matter is, we DO! That's why I say, the bible says, IF! Oh golly what does IF mean? IF = a possible choice, IF I GO = maybe I will or maybe I won't. There's two choices. Pick one, there's free will.

The more you think about it the more you'll see how it doesn't make sense. If I keep talking about it I'm just gonna keep repeating myself over and over. It's really that easy to see and understand, I don't see what's so hard.

So then the will of ? or ? 's will is merely choice?
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There's the literal and there's your "symbolic". You gotta know how to differentiate it all. Some of it is hard to, because you're not sure.

Anyways, fact is, we do have free will.

? 's knowledge doesn't have anything to do with our out come. ? knows everything, yes. He didn't live our lives for us, he didn't string us up as puppets and walk us around to A to B to C to live our lives. We've made our OWN decisions. ? 's foreknowledge doesn't mean we don't have free will. Seriously, THINK ABOUT IT. Think about what you're saying. You're basically saying, ? is controlling us as robots, living our lives for us, doing things for us THROUGH US. If that was the case then we sure in hell wouldn't have FREE WILL. But the fact of the matter is, we DO! That's why I say, the bible says, IF! Oh golly what does IF mean? IF = a possible choice, IF I GO = maybe I will or maybe I won't. There's two choices. Pick one, there's free will.

The more you think about it the more you'll see how it doesn't make sense. If I keep talking about it I'm just gonna keep repeating myself over and over. It's really that easy to see and understand, I don't see what's so hard.

iight ima roll with your logic for a second.

so having free will, does ? know what we are going to do before we do it?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    iight ima roll with your logic for a second.

so having free will, does ? know what we are going to do before we do it?

LOL, okay I'll roll with you seeing as I THINK I know where you're going.

Anyway.

Yes, ? does know.
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Should WHY be in gods vocabulary?

first off ? walking in the garden means hes visible correct? or was this "the son". Then the bible lies about no man has ever seen good. Didnt ? see this coming with cain and abel and the flood?

second how does ? not know where they are in a garden he built himself? I thought he was all seeing all knowing?

and last

If we have free will then ? cant be all seeing and all knowing. If we dont, then life is nothing more than a giant movie with everybody sticking to the script.

"Bingo Bango..."
  • kids in america_
    edited July 2010
    Options
    We don't have "free will".
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Options
    We don't have "free will".

Can you explain why?
  • kids in america_
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Can you explain why?

When I say “free will”, I mean "free choice". For me, to be an expression of "free will," choices must free. Choices must be free from “prior causes”, or else “external circumstances”. These “external circumstances” could be recognized as divine intervention, fate, or divine will. According to “the bible” our choices are not free from such things.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    this is What I dont Understand,...............If ? is as Unlimted in power as one says he is, WHy isnt it Not Fathomable For 1) man to have abosulte Free Will and yet 2) For him to know exactly wats gonna happen??? This is after all, a Being that is suppose to exist outside the of Human COmprehension and understanding...........Jsut because we dont get it, doesnt mean its not possible...........if u believe such a Being Exists
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LOL, okay I'll roll with you seeing as I THINK I know where you're going.

Anyway.

Yes, ? does know.

So I have a choice to go to work tomorrow but ? already knows my decision. Doesn't sound like much of a choice to me
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So I have a choice to go to work tomorrow but ? already knows my decision. Doesn't sound like much of a choice to me

But see, silly things like eating a PB&J or a Grilled Cheese isn't really what ? cares about. Choice = free will yes but in the case of stating free will in 'religion' it's about the choices between "good & evil". You choose to sin or not. You choose to be saved or not. Then whatever follows your choice, in that lifestyle.

It's not like ? is saying, "HA, yo check this. I know TX is turning left here and he's gonna wreck, it's gonna be FUUUNNNY" nothing like that lol it wouldn't be logical to think that way anyway lol

Like I said, between ? & sin, that's our choices. That's what we should consider the 'free will'.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    this is What I dont Understand,...............If ? is as Unlimted in power as one says he is, WHy isnt it Not Fathomable For 1) man to have abosulte Free Will and yet 2) For him to know exactly wats gonna happen??? This is after all, a Being that is suppose to exist outside the of Human COmprehension and understanding...........Jsut because we dont get it, doesnt mean its not possible...........if u believe such a Being Exists

I think the contradiction would be man having free will and everything that is done is done by the will of ? , or everything done is ? 's will. Because I can have foreknowledge of what someone is going to do and not impede their choice to do whatever it is.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i think for an all-knowing ? , it's strange that his way of getting people to believe in him is through something as suspect as faith. just not enough. all signs, at least for me, points to: there is no ? . there are just too many problems with trying to keep the bible's validity alive: your interpretation is just wrong, he didn't mean that, that part wasn't meant to be taken literally but this part is, i was an atheist before but something good happened to me after i prayed so i can ignore the doubts i originally had about believing in a ? , etc. But whatever, as long as you're happy with your life and not harming others, i have no problems with you.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited July 2010
    Options
    [6:59]And with Him are kept the keys serving to open up, disclose and explain the unknown, the mysterious and the obscure which no one knows but Him. He has omniscience of all that is on the land and in the sea, and not one single leaf, large or small, laterally produced from a stem or a branch, or springing from its root that falls, but comes to His knowledge. Nor a seed embedded in the darkness of the interior of the earth nor anything fresh, or moist, green or dry, withered or solid, but is inscribed and made manifest in a Book.

Yes, He is.

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/6/59/default.htm
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    But see, silly things like eating a PB&J or a Grilled Cheese isn't really what ? cares about. Choice = free will yes but in the case of stating free will in 'religion' it's about the choices between "good & evil". You choose to sin or not. You choose to be saved or not. Then whatever follows your choice, in that lifestyle.

It's not like ? is saying, "HA, yo check this. I know TX is turning left here and he's gonna wreck, it's gonna be FUUUNNNY" nothing like that lol it wouldn't be logical to think that way anyway lol

Like I said, between ? & sin, that's our choices. That's what we should consider the 'free will'.

haha how do you know its not that way
  • VIBE
    edited July 2010
    Options
    haha how do you know its not that way

Why would it be that way? ? doesn't do that. He only cares about the "good & evil" choices you choose. You can sin all you want but when it comes down to you finally realizing and accepting, repenting etc that's the overall choice ? had been waiting for. Not for his pleasure, but for your own.
  • theillestrator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Why would it be that way? ? doesn't do that. He only cares about the "good & evil" choices you choose. You can sin all you want but when it comes down to you finally realizing and accepting, repenting etc that's the overall choice ? had been waiting for. Not for his pleasure, but for your own.

? has to be bored and boring as hell. spending thousands of years judging people's decisions? no bueno. the billions of years before he made humans may have been a little more entertaining because adam & eve didn't waste anytime on ? things up for the rest of us.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? has to be bored and boring as hell. spending thousands of years judging people's decisions? no bueno. the billions of years before he made humans may have been a little more entertaining because adam & eve didn't waste anytime on ? things up for the rest of us.

Your already putting ? in a box when you say "billions of years". ? has no beginning and He has no end. ? has always been. So that statement that you made is irrelevant. "Behold, ? is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out." Job 36:26
  • theillestrator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Your already putting ? in a box when you say "billions of years". ? has no beginning and He has no end. ? has always been. So that statement that you made is irrelevant. "Behold, ? is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out." Job 36:26

you are putting me in a box by taking my comment seriously. i honestly could care less.
  • TX_Made713
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? exists in another time imo

just as time on earth is different from time in space

time in space (created by ? ) is different from time in heaven (if there is time at all)