Plastic Surgery and Implants.... does it matter?

Options
124»

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    How can you even seriously compare plastic surgery to going to the gym?

And to wearing contacts? I'm insulted...

The closest analogy you suggested would be getting braces.

But even then, getting braces is modification of what you already have.
    ]Plastic surgery is the addition of entirely new aspects of your body.

There's a difference.

Outside of health, most of the people in a gym are there for the exact same reason most people get plastic surgery; they want to look "better".

And plastic surgery most of the time is ENHANCING what you already have. Only in cases of genderswapping are they adding anything.
  • PapaJuice
    PapaJuice Banned Users Posts: 435
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not with supplements which is what most body builders rely on.

but why are ? up teeth a big deal? Orthodontics is almost purely cosmetic, ? up teeth very, very rarely impede basic living functions.

they dont look very nice when u got messed up teeth, dukes

i know its cosmetic

but its like having a crooked hand

and then u straighten it out

even thou the crooked hand is completly fine, it looks ? up, change it to straight & we good
  • PapaJuice
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Outside of health, most of the people in a gym are there for the exact same reason most people get plastic surgery; they want to look "better".

And plastic surgery most of the time is ENHANCING what you already have. Only in cases of genderswapping are they adding anything.

PUTTING a steel pipe inside yo ? to make yo ass cheeks 2 inches bigger? is it worth it?

? a plastic surgery, i'll play with 100%surgetiititis ? without no plastic surgery, ? a size, wrap her up in a bowtie and u'll see wut i'll do to her! ?
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

The fact that the cause is the same doesn't equalize the means of achieving that cause.

Working out is entirely natural.
    In comparison, plastic surgery isn't.
    It's worse than cheating, it's... fraudulent.

Don't argue semantics. Enhancing = Adding, in this case.
    If you wanted to get technical, I would argue that "Enhancement" leans more towards being natural, and that "Adding" is supplementary and unnatural..
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Freepost ..............
  • PapaJuice
    edited February 2010
    Options
    come on yo, this is wut will happen if 100%surugauutitiatiaittiti wutever her name is if she gets plastic surgery on her ?

yo

she'll get em, she'll feel it like its ? , she'll feel a lil better
    she'll fine a dude
    the dude wouldnt even care if she had a small ? or big ?
    and she'll be in pain with sum ? up ? in her ?

i mean, im all for it but it's harmful, it will hurt at plastic surgery, it could be fatal, it will feel like ? and will look kinda odd
    not only that but she could get a really bad ? job

all that... for NOTHING
    when her dude doesnt even give a ? if she got big or small ? !!!! why??????!!!!!!!!!
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PapaJuice wrote: »
    come on yo, this is wut will happen if 100%surugauutitiatiaittiti wutever her name is if she gets plastic surgery on her ?

yo

she'll get em, she'll feel it like its ? , she'll feel a lil better
    she'll fine a dude
    the dude wouldnt even care if she had a small ? or big ?
    and she'll be in pain with sum ? up ? in her ?

i mean, im all for it but it's harmful, it will hurt at plastic surgery, it could be fatal, it will feel like ? and will look kinda odd
    not only that but she could get a really bad ? job

all that... for NOTHING
    when her dude doesnt even give a ? if she got big or small ? !!!! why??????!!!!!!!!!
    Word, one of the implants will burst and, she'll die a horrible death.

RIP 100%surugauutitiatiaittiti
  • PapaJuice
    edited February 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    word, one of the implants will burst and, she'll die a horrible death.

Rip 100%surugauutitiatiaittiti

as soon as i come out, you try to pull me back in
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PapaJuice wrote: »
    as soon as i come out, you try to pull me back in
    Real ? , I have no idea what this means...
  • PapaJuice
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol @ juice

Y'all keep talking about "real men don't care" and "it doesn't matter"... And I realize that that's the question I asked. But I think the intentions matter. If a female is looking for extra attention and is doing it for men, then I understand u saying you wouldn't wife. But that's completely diff than wanting to be less self conscious and weird looking. So when that "real man" comes along, it wont be one of those things that he is constantly having to give reassurance about.
  • nurid
    nurid Members Posts: 167
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Do you feel that people who hit the gym have a weak sense of self? What about people who get contacts? Braces?

Plastic surgery is no different from the above imo. But when you OD on it....well there might be a problem.

Shawty, I know you not comparin workin out to plastic surgery. lol
    Takin care of the body extends the life span. That's actually an excellent example of a person that loves their self right there.
    I have a problem with steroids. I have a problem with females that only wear contacts to have blue eyes.
    I have a problem with females wearin fake hair and make up all the time to the point that they're scared to be seen without it.
    Braces is to correct the alignment of your teeth. It's not done to get more attention from females or ? .
    And it doesn't jeopardize your health. It's not permanent.
    If it's to correct a handicap then that's understandable. Ain't nothin wrong with that.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Moment.of.Silence
    Moment.of.Silence Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    all depends on how much..