• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got lakers/nuggets hot takes but I'll wait until the morning
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Still no info on when this board gets shut down? I need to know if I gotta check out other forums before the season starts

Never been on Sixers Reddit but I bet its a bunch of whiteboys and process bandwagoners
  • Beta
    Options
    "The roster spot of Cavs veteran forward Richard Jefferson is in jeopardy, according to The Athletic’s Jason Lloyd. The signing of Dwyane Wade gives the Cavs 16 fully guaranteed contracts, along with Kay Felder’s partial guarantee. Even if Felder is traded or released, the Cavs will have to rid themselves of a guarantee contract and Jefferson is a likely candidate, Lloyd continues. Jefferson, 37, has a $2.5MM contract but if he’s released it will cost the club approximately $10.5MM in luxury taxes since it is a repeat offender, Lloyd points out. A second-round pick may have to be packaged to move Jefferson, Lloyd adds."
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kuzma better than any player the lakers drafted in the last 4 years

Honestly
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the refs letting plumlee goal tend.Duke swatted the ball out the air like how dudes do when it's a dead ball & they aint do nothin
  • Beta
    Options
    Oh yeah zubac sure do be ? up assists lol

I heard ? was asking for D'angelo back last night
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

1. Brandon Ingram ain't taking another step like I thought he would even with lonzo's playmaking. I pictured diet Kevin Durant but for the Lakers fans who talk about justise, since he plays excellent defense he is better and more valuable as a player. Shoulda gave him up for Paul George. Lakers treated him like Terry rozier or how the Cavs treated jj hickson

2. Kuzma is great and should start over Ingram lmao this guy has been far and above the best player on the Lakers overall from the draft to now.

3. Randle an emotional ? but he might be necessary next to lopez

4. Tyler Johnson is better than Clarkson

5. KCP the only player that plays D on the perimeter and Idk if he produces any better than in Detroit so I see why they didn't want to give him a max

6. Corey brewer is actually needed

7. Nuggets making the playoffs (I already said it but I'm just reaffirming it) No way wack teams who start Dante Cunningham at the 3 and have nobody except Jordan Crawford and etwaun moore off the bench make the playoffs over them. Nuggets are extremely deep

8. Nuggets wanted murray to start at PG over that big lipped African but I think mudiay gonna keep his job

9. Lakers might only be a few games better because I think their D is still bad

10. Y'all talk about Miami? Besides brook Lopez that team is nothing but role players and future role players.

11. I like Caruso he makes plays like how a tj McConnell does with better passing though

Idk how people saw a kevin durant comparison with ingram.

All they have are similar body types.

Ingram at best could be a steve smith type player
  • Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

1. Brandon Ingram ain't taking another step like I thought he would even with lonzo's playmaking. I pictured diet Kevin Durant but for the Lakers fans who talk about justise, since he plays excellent defense he is better and more valuable as a player. Shoulda gave him up for Paul George. Lakers treated him like Terry rozier or how the Cavs treated jj hickson

2. Kuzma is great and should start over Ingram lmao this guy has been far and above the best player on the Lakers overall from the draft to now.

3. Randle an emotional ? but he might be necessary next to lopez

4. Tyler Johnson is better than Clarkson

5. KCP the only player that plays D on the perimeter and Idk if he produces any better than in Detroit so I see why they didn't want to give him a max

6. Corey brewer is actually needed

7. Nuggets making the playoffs (I already said it but I'm just reaffirming it) No way wack teams who start Dante Cunningham at the 3 and have nobody except Jordan Crawford and etwaun moore off the bench make the playoffs over them. Nuggets are extremely deep

8. Nuggets wanted murray to start at PG over that big lipped African but I think mudiay gonna keep his job

9. Lakers might only be a few games better because I think their D is still bad

10. Y'all talk about Miami? Besides brook Lopez that team is nothing but role players and future role players.

11. I like Caruso he makes plays like how a tj McConnell does with better passing though

Idk how people saw a kevin durant comparison with ingram.

All they have are similar body types.

Ingram at best could be a steve smith type player

This is me really. I thought since he was so skinny he was a natural perimeter scorer but I haven't seen that yet. All i see is a guy who scores on the occasional break or by cutting for a basket that almost popped out.

Btw lakers got too many light skinned beige players out there, I was watching on the laptop and I couldn't tell who was who. I thought ennis was kuzma and kuzma was nance

Randle looks like Oscar the grouch with a jersey on and I saw will barton eating on the boards one possession with like 3 Lakers around him. Who is gonna rebound on the Lakers? Damn sure ain't brook lopez and randle is ehh. It might be bogut off the bench leading the team
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets/Thunder tonight. No russ though.
  • Beta
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    I would have takes from the Hawks v Heat preseason game but the ? I look like watching that ? .

I got one. John collins is gonna have a good year. Might be the 3rd best rookie
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not gonna post in this thread until the cheapseats fantasy ball league is done with

dont wanna tip off any of my constituents

i know @beta holds on to my every word

but i will say this

so many nba teams this preseason going 5 out flow transition

no more rim runner

only playing through the trailer

pins/DHOs

all about keeping the floor spaced for shooters and drivers or a middle ball screen

im a fan of not rim running

keep the floor open for guards to attack to score or kick to shooters

big can follow for oreb
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word @beta do be stealing ? .
  • Beta
    Options
    ? not gonna post in a thread for a fantasy league he's going to lose...lol
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jimmy gonna have the same floor spacing he had in chicago

the size of a jail cell

twolves essentially replacing the grit n grind grizzlies as the anti establishment franchise now

maybe it does work but i dont think talent overrides spacing in 2017 nba basketball

when talent needs it to be maximized for Ws
  • Beta
    Options
    Ranking the worst to best teams this year as far as entertainment

30. Indiana Pacers

Has a single person mentioned the Pacers in the past four months in any context other than, "That's all they got for Paul George????" Do they exist? Did you know they signed Bojan Bogdanovic, and there is a real chance he leads them in scoring? It's true!

This team had zero identity with Paul George -- no style, no bedrock philosophy -- and now George has turned into Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis. Opponents outscored Indy by almost seven points per 100 possessions with George on the bench last season. They were nothing without him. Not even the comedy of Lance Stephenson barking orders, dribbling to nowhere, and trash-talking LeBron like it's 2014 could keep them from the cellar.

Myles Turner is a future star on both ends, and he should get a chance to stretch himself with George gone. He will shoot more 3s, and he sniffed averaging one steal and two blocks per game last season -- relatively lofty territory for a big man. (Hakeem Olajuwon pulled this in 15 separate seasons. Hakeem Olajuwon was freaking ridiculous.)

A slimmed-down Al Jefferson might son fools with low-post fakery again. The viewing experience is pleasant, though your mileage may vary on Quinn Buckner's nonstop patter. The new Nike uniforms, with the team name forming a circle around the jersey number, have an old-school minimalist vibe befitting the Hoosier state ethos that elevates the game above the noise. (The softer blue-on-yellow version, which includes no white or highlighting, reminds of those all-gray uniforms Kevin Arnold and Paul Pfeiffer wore to gym class.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20849806/zach-lowe-2017-18-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-1

14. MIAMI HEAT (32)

We are officially in the Very Watchable section of the rankings. Miami lacks that one change-the-channel star, but the collective is strong: Goran Dragic, head down, sprint-dribbling into a whirring series of weirdo pivots; Hassan Whiteside swallowing shots instead of just blocking them; Kelly Olynyk accidentally hurting people with his herky-jerky game; James Johnson, ninja warrior, running inverted pick-and-rolls with Dragic and threading impossible passes; Erik Spoelstra waving his arms like a crazy person; and Dion Waiters, always Dion Waiters, forever calling for the ball, hoisting bananas shots, and acting like the true ? megastar he is.

They play so hard. There is a perverse joy in watching Miami, frothing at the mouth, pulverize some poor team coming off a back-to-back or a hard night out on South Beach. You almost see the victim pleading: "Can you guys just take it easy, once?" No. No, they cannot.

There are some interesting basketball subplots here, too. And, Spo: For the love of the basketball gods, please stop calling timeouts in the last 30 seconds of every quarter. Sometimes, a guy just wants to get to the bathroom.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20849807/zach-lowe-2017-18-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-2
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Lol that looks like a hits blunt moment
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets/Thunder tonight. No russ though.

Yup Fat Boy Felton getting the start

Ready to see what we look like though, a lot of new additions to the team but they're all veteran players so I don't think it's going to take long to mesh

Want to see what some of these young guys can do too specifically Isaiah Taylor, between Cliff, Harden and Gordon In expecting someone to miss some time so he should have a chance to get some real burn at some point this season
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That decision seems suddenly random
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This could be fun, but who decides captains?