Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed' By 'Pact To The Devil"

14567810»

Comments

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Truth be told and this goes for anyone looking to divorce. You need to plan at least six months in advance. The moment you decide to call it quits you have to start strategizing your exit because he/she may or may not be so quick to let go despite how negative they feel towards you.

You basically have to establish your post marriage life while you're married and without your spouse finding out. ? is expensive bruh. Especially if there are several assets acquired during the union.

I liquidated everything I knew she could grab. Hid money, closed accounts, sold vehicles. Even crashed one. Don't get me wrong you might luck up and have some amicable ? but don't count on it. By the time I was divorced, on paper I didn't have ? but in reality I started a new career, had a house in escrow and childcare arrangements for my daughter. ? didn't get a dime and was looking dumbfounded when she peeped how I "came up" after the divorce. ? is war my ? . Protect ya neck

Last time around I transferred my money into another bank account since I'm the only one working. I'll probably do the same again. We have two cars and I can't see a judge ordering me to give her both of them when I'm the one that needs to drive to work. Glad we never got to the point of buying a house. We're renting.
  • onthafly
    What's ? up is our anniversary is this weekend and I kinda want to drop the bomb on her now so I don't lead her on.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    onthafly wrote: »
    What's ? up is our anniversary is this weekend and I kinda want to drop the bomb on her now so I don't lead her on.

How long y'all been married? If she's been unemployed while you've been head of household it's a possibility you're gonna pay alimony and child support. It sounds like you're mad at her about something or there is someone that has your attention. Divorce isn't something to be taken lightly. A couple guys I know never bounced back from it. Mfs are legit shells of their former selves.

Sounds like y'all just need marriage counseling and for you to draw the line and give her some expectations.
  • onthafly

How long y'all been married? If she's been unemployed while you've been head of household it's a possibility you're gonna pay alimony and child support. It sounds like you're mad at her about something or there is someone that has your attention. Divorce isn't something to be taken lightly. A couple guys I know never bounced back from it. Mfs are legit shells of their former selves.

Sounds like y'all just need marriage counseling and for you to draw the line and give her some expectations.

4 years. I'm expecting to pay child support and temporary alimony. If we stay together and it falls apart 10 years from now I'll be paying permanent alimony. I make 6 figures right now in a low cost of living area so I'm ok with paying. I'm not really mad. I just feel like we have different values. People in my family work hard for what they want and make the most of life. Her mom thinks it's a good idea for her to go live in a shelter and try to get on section 8 even with the money I'm making. I also think we rushed into this ? too young before I really even knew myself or what I want in a relationship.
  • onthafly
    edited July 2017
    I also filed over a year ago and decided not to go through with it. Nothing has changed since other than the fact that I'm making more money and started hitting the gym and putting on muscle. She still has a million excuses for why she can't try harder though.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red flag when you said "her mom". Bruh that's gonna be your biggest pain. Even if your wife is willing to walk away with no hassle, her mother is gonna make sure you get put through the wringer.

I wish it were that simple for me. If she doesn't want to do ? , push her into something she'll be into. Some chicks are just used to being a significant other and nothing more. Chicks that jump in relationships really young tend to be homebodies and are suited to be a housewife. That's what makes them happy. Her identity is solely based on being your wife. You can't knock her for that. Bruh I'd take full advantage of that ? . You're free to do you, pursue your ambitions with no nagging. Man listen, don't be so quick to cut out on her just because y'all don't see eye to eye on some things. As mfs grow, ideals and thing will change. Truth be told you committed to her and to jump ? because she isn't who you want her to be now is bs.

Get some counseling, try to motivate her, expose her to some new ? and take from there. You never know what will spark a fire in her and get her up and running.
  • onthafly
    edited July 2017
    Red flag when you said "her mom". Bruh that's gonna be your biggest pain. Even if your wife is willing to walk away with no hassle, her mother is gonna make sure you get put through the wringer.

I wish it were that simple for me. If she doesn't want to do ? , push her into something she'll be into. Some chicks are just used to being a significant other and nothing more. Chicks that jump in relationships really young tend to be homebodies and are suited to be a housewife. That's what makes them happy. Her identity is solely based on being your wife. You can't knock her for that. Bruh I'd take full advantage of that ? . You're free to do you, pursue your ambitions with no nagging. Man listen, don't be so quick to cut out on her just because y'all don't see eye to eye on some things. As mfs grow, ideals and thing will change. Truth be told you committed to her and to jump ? because she isn't who you want her to be now is bs.

Get some counseling, try to motivate her, expose her to some new ? and take from there. You never know what will spark a fire in her and get her up and running.

I'll give counseling a shot first. We tried it after I decided not to go through with divorce the first time but we didn't stick with it. She does pretty much let me do whatever the ? I want as far as persuing ambitions. I'm 26 though and I see so many other women that I find more attractive. It's hard to gurantee that I'd stay faithful especially when she doesn't even want to get up and use the gym membership I'm paying for.
  • onthafly
    edited July 2017
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll give counseling a shot first. We tried it after I decided not to go through with divorce the first time but we didn't stick with it. She does pretty much let me do whatever the ? I want as far as persuing ambitions. I'm 26 though and I see so many other women that I find more attractive. It's hard to gurantee that I'd stay faithful especially when she doesn't even want to get up and use the gym membership I'm paying for.

So you really mad she getting fat and lazy and you think every fine woman you see wants you. Stop being shallow.

If your woman is a good person that loves you and supports you, work it out. There's a lot of fine women out here but not a lot of sane one's, trust me.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • onthafly
    nex gin wrote: »
    I think that says it all. It's a choice between guilt and regret. If I don't leave I'm always going to regret it and will probably hate myself for it. I don't know whether or not I'd feel guilt.

If I do leave I don't feel like I'll have any regrets in the long run. I can't say for sure whether or not I'd guilt feel any guilt but it could be a possibility.

Bruh....take it from me. Get the ? out of that ? asap. It may seem tough now, but it doesn't get any easier. You have to do what's right for you and your children. Don't waste the best years of your life stuck in an unhappy, unfulfilling relationship. I made that mistake once. Never again.

You mind sharing your story?
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    When I knew I was gonna leave my wife I started documenting everything. Calling the police for the slightest ? . ? built a paper for real. Went to work on her mentally and financially. Put her in a position to submit to whatever I asked for.

End result, my daughter is in her room watching curious George and eating apple sauce and my ex is doing whatever it is a dumb ? does when they don't have kids to be responsible for.

I'm a cutthroat type of ? . I went to extremes to get my way. Idk what else to tell you bruh. Be a ? about the situation or do what you gotta do to get your favor my ? .

Why did you decide to end it?

My daughters well being was jeopardized as well as my sanity dealing with a raging alcoholic.

My situation isn't as extreme. I was hoping we could have some kind of 21st century post-divorce co-parenting lifestyle where we get along when we see each other and do what's in the best interest of our kids without letting personal feelings or anger make things bitter.

I mean, you can really only control your part. Hopefully she'll be on the same page. It took me and my ex a little while to get there but we manage pretty well now.

As far as the situation... My concern always goes toward the child(ren). If ? ain't kosher between you and your wife and you don't think it can get back that way, be it due to you, her, or both of y'all, then it best to split.

Better for the child(ren) to see moms and pops happy and seperated than together and miserable. And trust me...they can tell... And it sucks for kids to live in THAT environment...

Shared placement don't make you no less of a father. Long as you ain't skippin out or lettin yoself get hoe'd out of your time with them, they'll revere you the same.

I've given the same advice for years... Get you a lawyer in regards to your custody/visitation/placement. UNLESS you and the female (in this case your wife) are on some for real mature ? ...and even then, have EVERYthing in writing and filed with the courts. Everybody I know who has done things along those lines is coastin alright through the ? . May hit rough road every now and again but for the most part they good. Everybody else still be on some "Man I ain't seen my kids in x-amount of months/years cuz that ? won't let me."
  • onthafly
    edited July 2017
    charles2 wrote: »

So you really mad she getting fat and lazy and you think every fine woman you see wants you. Stop being shallow.

If your woman is a good person that loves you and supports you, work it out. There's a lot of fine women out here but not a lot of sane one's, trust me.

Alright I know it seems a little shallow but here me out. The real issue is I feel like she's not even trying to bring anything to the table in this relationship. She doesn't work, cook, buy groceries, she tries to half way look like she's cleaning when I'm home but the house is always ? . I feel like she can't stand the kids some times and it bugs me. I'm doing all the grocery shopping and cooking. The looks part is a bit shallow but I used to be skinny, and when she told me she'd prefer it if I had more weight on me I bulked up and put on size to make her happy. I was even happy making less money at my last job because it was less stressful but she all but told me that she wanted me to take the extra money even if it meant more stress. She won't go to the gym to get in shape for me or even go get some groceries after I made her get her license and bought her a car. I make my own plate too after I cook which I do after coming home from work or the gym. I'd be ok if she was at least going to school. When my family asks what she does and she tells them she's a stay at home mom AND she doesn't cook AND the house isn't clean, I know they're just thinking wtf. It took me awhile to realize that I was getting the short end of the stick and if almost going through a divorce over these same issues years ago didn't change ? then I don't think it's gonna change. The longer I stick it out and try to make it work, the closer I get to having to pay lifetime alimony if the ? doesn't work out. I'm ok with temporary alimony right now and I'll never have a problem with taking care of my kids. I just don't want to go through life stuck in a relationship where I'm the only one trying. I'd rather be alone and have friends. I've legit thought to myself (maybe if I just went to prison and got a criminal record or something then this relationship would make more sense).
  • onthafly
    edited September 2017
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Dog, STOP STAYING WITH PEOPLE FOR KIDS.

Eventually, they'll grow up and move out. You're still gonna be stuck with her. And if your kids find out that fact, they may resent you for thinking they was a "chore."

If you're truly unhappy, and therapy/counseling hasn't worked, you gotta do what you gotta do. Who knows: this may force her to get off her ass (your thoughts), and do something.

Agreed. "Make yourself happy or let others make you miserable". Stand by and support your kids as long as they try do right, even if they ? up and stumble along the way, but if your life partner isn't actually the partner you want and need anymore, better to leave and try find someone else than stay in the spot that's making you both unhappy and tense, trying to fix problems that may just be the result of differing expectations and desires in life. You can spend more time coping and compensating or you can try invest time in changing and celebrating the things and people in life you'd rather be involved with.

People grow, people change, sometimes people need to just move on having learned what they can from each other so they can become something new and different. I personally wouldn't try shift blame onto your wife, just accept that some people's travels through life come to an end when their paths diverge due to their own personal needs. Try to get an agreement in place to be equal co-parents and try not to make it about her or you, just that the relationship isn't working the way you think it should and as such you'd rather change the relationship as is to something that'd benefit all involved better. Your futures as well as that of your kids is what matters most in the end, not any emotions or histrionics because you're not the people who fell in love with each other anymore and are now just the people living together for the sake of keeping things the same and kind of safe.

Burrrrr
  • onthafly
    Can you edit a comment?
  • onthafly
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This two threads in one
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    charles2 wrote: »

Alright I know it seems a little shallow but here me out. The real issue is I feel like she's not even trying to bring anything to the table in this relationship. She doesn't work, cook, buy groceries, she tries to half way look like she's cleaning when I'm home but the house is always ? . I feel like she can't stand the kids some times and it bugs me. I'm doing all the grocery shopping and cooking. The looks part is a bit shallow but I used to be skinny, and when she told me she'd prefer it if I had more weight on me I bulked up and put on size to make her happy. I was even happy making less money at my last job because it was less stressful but she all but told me that she wanted me to take the extra money even if it meant more stress. She won't go to the gym to get in shape for me or even go get some groceries after I made her get her license and bought her a car. I make my own plate too after I cook which I do after coming home from work or the gym. I'd be ok if she was at least going to school. When my family asks what she does and she tells them she's a stay at home mom AND she doesn't cook AND the house isn't clean, I know they're just thinking wtf. It took me awhile to realize that I was getting the short end of the stick and if almost going through a divorce over these same issues years ago didn't change ? then I don't think it's gonna change. The longer I stick it out and try to make it work, the closer I get to having to pay lifetime alimony if the ? doesn't work out. I'm ok with temporary alimony right now and I'll never have a problem with taking care of my kids. I just don't want to go through life stuck in a relationship where I'm the only one trying. I'd rather be alone and have friends. I've legit thought to myself (maybe if I just went to prison and got a criminal record or something then this relationship would make more sense).

Go ahead and cancel that ? bruh.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's still talking? He's still breathing?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why keep posting this? Pat Robertson is a beast and a monster.
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Truth be told and this goes for anyone looking to divorce. You need to plan at least six months in advance. The moment you decide to call it quits you have to start strategizing your exit because he/she may or may not be so quick to let go despite how negative they feel towards you.

You basically have to establish your post marriage life while you're married and without your spouse finding out. ? is expensive bruh. Especially if there are several assets acquired during the union.

I liquidated everything I knew she could grab. Hid money, closed accounts, sold vehicles. Even crashed one. Don't get me wrong you might luck up and have some amicable ? but don't count on it. By the time I was divorced, on paper I didn't have ? but in reality I started a new career, had a house in escrow and childcare arrangements for my daughter. ? didn't get a dime and was looking dumbfounded when she peeped how I "came up" after the divorce. ? is war my ? . Protect ya neck

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haiti is being punished for taking back their freedom and taking revenge on their enslavers
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat Robertson is a ? , no one should care what he thinks. Just yesterday, he blamed the NFL protests and criticism of Trump for the Las Vegas shootings. I'm not joking.