Why does Eminem only have ONE classic album?

Options
124»

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Get this ? ? outta here again
  • StewLovesLyricalRap
    StewLovesLyricalRap Members Posts: 19
    Options
    He has more than one classic. The tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all. The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all. Even if I could it'd all be grey but the picture on my wall. It reminds me that it's not so bad... not so bad
    But to keep it all the way 100 and real

The Eminem Show (fave album)
    Recovery (second fave album)
    MMLP 2

Are the only albums of his i listen to and really enjoy and bump from start to finish and like the most by far from him

• StewLovesLyricalRap
    Options
    He has more than one classic. The tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all. The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all. Even if I could it'd all be grey but the picture on my wall. It reminds me that it's not so bad... not so bad
    As i said many a time i only listen to and enjoy the songs where he is singing on and the songs that are deep and personal

But with that said i still would consider The SSLP and MMLP classics even though i don't listen to those albums or enjoy them like that besides a few songs i do enjoy from them like My Name Is, The Real Slim Shady, Rock Bottom. I would consider them classics even though i wasn't a fan of him like that when he made those 2 albums because simply by general consensus they are considered classics and because of their sales

Only became a fan when he made The Eminem Show and Hailie's Song to this day along with Stronger Than I Was is my fave song ever by him and in general
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My opinion of Eminem has been severely compromised since joining this site.

• StewLovesLyricalRap
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »

Who cares b

1 of the highest selling, most iconic, successful, biggest, legendary, richest, popular Musicians of all time in music history isn't gonna lose any sleep because u a nobody blogger doesn't like him anymore

LMAO
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    He doesn't even have one classic
    because realplayer is no longer the top music player; the way that it was when he was dropping underground music and backpacker stuff.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the classic?

personally I'm more partial to SSLP, but most people consider MMLP the classic.

But... I was a fan from back in the Infinite days. Last Em album I bought was The Eminem Show, haven't really ? with dude since.

Both are his classics.

Eminem Show is near classic. Strong album, but too moody and lacks variability. It didnt age well, and I think that's why
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    He's all wordplay, no substance
    Only classic imo is Eminem Show. It’s the most introspective. The other ? is just comedy ? that I liked as a teen, and therefore overrated.
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    He doesn't even have one classic
    then cartoon character, John Cena, made a rap album. Boston doesnt think Eminem has classics.
  • StewLovesLyricalRap
    Options
    Only classic imo is Eminem Show. It’s the most introspective. The other ? is just comedy ? that I liked as a teen, and therefore overrated.

The Eminem Show and Recovery are his introspective albums

But obviously as we all know he has deep/introspective/soulful/emotional songs on his other albums like

Mockingbird
    Beautiful
    Stronger Than I Was
    When I'm Gone
    Rock Bottom
    Headlights
    Deja Vu

Etc

But as far as full albums The Eminem Show and Recovery are his introspective emotional albums
  • grYmes
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »

Who cares b

1 of the highest selling, most iconic, successful, biggest, legendary, richest, popular Musicians of all time in music history isn't gonna lose any sleep because u a nobody blogger doesn't like him anymore

LMAO

Don’t quote me, talk at me or even acknowledge my existence via text you nimrod. YOU one of the reasons why whenever someone tries to bring up the good qualities of this dude he gets ? on.

Em still a great but has glaring flaws. Your stupid ass embraces them like Trump embraces ? . ? outta here. @Stew ima need you to be Ice T right now..

LbnITH.gif

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Smh how the ? did she get off 26 post :joy:
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was a he .......
  • grYmes
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    it was a he .......

Shady Team is a well documented ? .
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    His first 3 are classics
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I was wondering why all these old Eminem threads were bumped
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Here's why Eminem doesn't have classics. Because he makes corny pop songs which have no replay value.\

Here are some examples. Who's gonna bump these songs in 2017?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJO5HU_7_1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCFz3isPdB4

Jayz has corny singles too.....but he has classics

Jay and ems singles are usually the worst songs on their albums

I'll take H To The IZZO and Hardknock Life over The Real Slim Shady and Without Me.

Stan and I am>>> both Jay Singles too