Colin Kaepernick refuses “to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people”...

Options

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The great American flag is wrapped and dragged with explosives.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the-flap-over-the-confederate-flag-is-not-quite-as-21463444.png

1252577204_raccoon_dancing.gif
    Uh... Yeah? Throw away the flag, the anthem, the Constitution, and the damn Bible. If any of it was worth a damn, the people upholding it wouldn't be oppressed by it.
    Did that ? say that blacks that fight for the Confederacy did so because they saw Northerners as aggressors? Where is the ? farm that they grow these ? ? Somebody needs to firebomb that ? .

Its not far fetched. Blacks faught on both sides of the Civil War and the same way some of us tap dance today with the false sense of inclusion, I'm sure it happened back then too.

How many people poured into the military after 9/11 just to invade a country who had nothing to do with it? Indoctrination and blind patriotism can work wonders.

The blacks that fought for the Confederacy did so because they were promised that either they would be freed or their loved ones would freed. He's lying. There wasn't some mass amount of black soldiers fighting for the Confederacy because they believed the North were aggressors.
    nebsgwbq0bh2.png

Someone should throw this at that Stephin Fetchit ass ? . Blacks weren't allowed to be soldiers in the Confederacy, and whatever role the served, they were still looked at as slaves.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/29/ray-lewis-anthem-controversy-mom-speaks/
    ‘We’re About Prayer, Not Protest,’ Ray Lewis & His Mom Speak Out On NFL Anthem Controversy

It’s a controversial protest sweeping the NFL right now.

Images seen around the world from the Ravens first-ever game in London, shows Ravens legend Ray Lewis, arm-in-arm with players, on his knees during the national anthem.

Players say taking a knee during the anthem is to bring attention to racial injustice. But in an exclusive interview with WJZ, Ray and his mother explained his actions on the sideline.

“We’re about prayer, not protest,” says Lewis.

Ray spoke to WJZ via Facetime from New York with his brother by his side.

“It’s a bad day when a man is crucified for praying,” says Lewis.

[Jessica Kartalija: “When you look at that picture, Ray, both of you — do you see how people could misinterpret it?”]

“Absolutely not! Absolutely not! All of these brothers that’s praying across the league, you got to look at the league, what we do — we pray!” says Ray.

Text messages sent between Ray and his mom reference his taking two knees and praying.

“I will not apologize for my son on two knees praying. I cannot apologize for that,” says Ray’s mom Sunseria “Buffy” Smith.

But since that game in London, more than 60,000 people have signed an online petition to remove Ray’s statue outside M&T Bank Stadium, which was placed there in 2014 honoring the two-time Super Bowl Champion.

[Jessica Kartalija: “What bothers you the most out of this entire situation — is it the perception that the kneeling gave, is it that people are calling for the removal of the statue, what is it that’s really getting to you?”]

“All this was taken out of proportion. He was not kneeling against, disrespecting our America. I said to Ray, you went down for the team with one knee and two knees for Jesus,” says Buffy Smith.

“Now this is where we come to as a country, to where now you want to remove a monument? A monument means things I’ve already done, not things that I have to do,” says Lewis.

Ray Lewis wanted to share this song that he says inspires him, Bob Marley’s “High Tide or Low Tide.”

vc2ddolg2wur.gif

This muthafucca called his MAMA for back up?? LMAO!!!
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This ? Lamar Odom doesn't even know why Colin Kapernick was kneeling. Also, when asked if he would stand im the NBA due to the contract clause, this ? says he would because he doesn't want to ? up his money. ? will bow down to master SMH:

Starts at 4:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEhhStodXhg
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.greensboro.com/opinion/columns/walter-williams-nfl-players-ought-to-protest-high-black-murder/article_25c86f27-e72b-513d-968b-b128b1469e3d.html
    Walter Williams: NFL players ought to protest high black murder rate

Let’s throw out a few numbers so we can put in perspective the NFL players taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem. Many say they are protesting against police treatment of blacks and racial discrimination. We might ask just how much sense their protest makes.

According to The Washington Post, 737 people have been shot and killed by police this year in the United States. Of that number, there were 329 whites, 165 blacks, 112 Hispanics, 24 members of other races and 107 people whose race was unknown. In Illinois, home to one of our most dangerous cities — Chicago — 18 people have been shot and killed by police this year. In the city itself, police have shot and killed 10 people and shot and wounded 10 others. Somebody should ask the kneeling black NFL players why they are protesting this kind of killing in the Windy City and ignoring other sources of black death.

Here are the Chicago numbers for the ignored deaths. So far in 2017, there have been 533 murders and 2,880 shootings. On average, a person is shot every two hours and 17 minutes and murdered every 12 1/2 hours. In 2016, when Colin Kaepernick started taking a knee, Chicago witnessed 806 murders and 4,379 shootings. It turns out that most of the murder victims are black. Adding to the tragedy is the fact that Chicago has a 12.7 percent murder clearance rate. That means that when a black person is murdered, his perpetrator is found and charged with his murder less than 13 percent of the time.

Similar statistics regarding police killing blacks versus blacks killing blacks apply to many of our predominantly black urban centers, such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Orleans, St. Louis and Oakland.

Many Americans, including me, see the black NFL player protest of police brutality as pathetic, useless showboating. Seeing as these players have made no open protest against the thousands of blacks being murdered and maimed by blacks, they must view it as trivial in comparison with the police killings. Most of the police killings fit into the category of justified homicide.

NFL players are not by themselves. How much condemnation do black politicians, civil rights leaders and liberal whites give to the wanton black homicides in our cities? When have you heard them condemning the very low clearance rate, whereby most black murderers get away with murder? Do you believe they would be just as silent if it were the Ku Klux ? committing the murders?

What’s to blame for this mayhem? If you ask an intellectual, a leftist or an academic in a sociology or psychology department, he will tell you that it is caused by poverty, discrimination and a lack of opportunities. But the black murder rate and other crime statistics in the 1940s and ’50s were not nearly so high as they are now.

I wonder whether your intellectual, leftist or academic would explain that we had less black poverty, less racial discrimination and far greater opportunities for blacks during earlier periods than we do today. He’d have to be an unrepentant idiot to make such an utterance.

So what can be done? Black people need to find new heroes. Right now, at least in terms of the support given, their heroes are criminals such as Baltimore’s Freddie Gray, Ferguson’s Michael Brown and Florida’s Trayvon Martin. Black support tends to go toward the criminals in the community rather than to the overwhelming number of people in the community who are law-abiding. That needs to end. What also needs to end is the lack of respect for and cooperation with police officers.

Some police are crooked, but black people are likelier to be victims of violent confrontations with police officers than whites simply because blacks commit more violent crimes than whites per capita.

For a race of people, these crime statistics are by no means flattering, but if something good is to be done about it, we cannot fall prey to the blame games that black politicians, black NFL players, civil rights leaders and white liberals want to play. If their vision is accepted, we can expect little improvement of the status quo.

Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University.

walter-e-williams.jpg

Pure coonery...

I wish the black community would do this to anyone who doesn't stay on code:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsUmP1PGBGE
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the-flap-over-the-confederate-flag-is-not-quite-as-21463444.png

1252577204_raccoon_dancing.gif
    Uh... Yeah? Throw away the flag, the anthem, the Constitution, and the damn Bible. If any of it was worth a damn, the people upholding it wouldn't be oppressed by it.
    Did that ? say that blacks that fight for the Confederacy did so because they saw Northerners as aggressors? Where is the ? farm that they grow these ? ? Somebody needs to firebomb that ? .

Its not far fetched. Blacks faught on both sides of the Civil War and the same way some of us tap dance today with the false sense of inclusion, I'm sure it happened back then too.

How many people poured into the military after 9/11 just to invade a country who had nothing to do with it? Indoctrination and blind patriotism can work wonders.

The blacks that fought for the Confederacy did so because they were promised that either they would be freed or their loved ones would freed. He's lying. There wasn't some mass amount of black soldiers fighting for the Confederacy because they believed the North were aggressors.

That's the very "false sense of inclusion" I'm talking about.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From 1963, yet appropriate and applicable today...

...[O]ver the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the ? 's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the ? to wait for a "more convenient season..."

...[W]e who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with....

...[Y]ou assert that our actions, even though peaceful, must be condemned because they precipitate violence. But is this a logical assertion? Isn't this like condemning a robbed man because his possession of money precipitated the evil act of robbery?...

...We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right...

...For more than two centuries our forebears labored in this country without wage...If the inexpressible cruelties of slavery could not stop us, the opposition we now face will surely fail...

Excerpts from "Letter from a Birmingham Jail"

April 16, 1963- Dr. Martin Luther King

Real ?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    59d6717f9321e.image.jpg

“Good” cops tho...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quite a few vets have come out and said that whether they agree with the protests or not, they are tired of people using them to stomp on the rights of citizens.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    59d6717f9321e.image.jpg

“Good” cops tho...

That was a ? comment on so many levels.

The fact that they thought it was some smart ? to say shows just how ? stupid they are.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    59d6717f9321e.image.jpg

“Good” cops tho...

That was a ? comment on so many levels.

The fact that they thought it was some smart ? to say shows just how ? stupid they are.

Somebody should have hit them with:
    To the evil NFL players that killed <insert murdered people's names here>...Nevermind, those were police officers...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    59d6717f9321e.image.jpg

“Good” cops tho...

People pages bout to get plastered with this ? ...

to-the-evil.jpg

They really weren't thinking when they opened that door. lol
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.tsn.ca/bolts-brown-may-raise-fist-for-anthem-tonight-1.877351
    Bolts' Brown may raise fist for anthem tonight

Tampa Bay Lightning forward J.T. Brown won't kneel for the anthem, but he said Wednesday he may raise his fist.

Brown, 27, told the Tampa Bay Times he spoke to members of the military to get their thoughts on kneeling and then decided against it. He raised his fist during the anthem ahead of the Lightning's preseason game against the Panthers last week.

"Some will tell you that's disrespecting the military, well I wanted to hear it from someone who is serving, not some person on Twitter," Brown said. "Some thought (kneeling) was disrespecting, but most felt that we have a right to do it, regardless of whether they agree with you or not, or would stand next to you."

Brown said last month he respected the players in the NFL who had taken a knee to bring awareness to police brutality and social inequality. At the time, he said he wasn't ready to rule out kneeling for the anthem.

The forward said he had not committed to the action for Friday's season opener against the Panthers and said he hadn't decided how many times, if any, he would raise his fist during the season.

"It's kind of hard to just say you're going to do it one time or throughout the season," Brown said. "For me, right now, we're going to keep trying to bring awareness. You want to make sure you're in the community, you're backing up what you're talking about, what you're supporting, not just talk."

The Times reports Brown donated $1,500 towards removing a confederate statue from Tampa Bay in August.

Brown spoke out last year when John Tortorella said he would bench any player on Team USA that sat during the anthem at the World Cup of Hockey.

• stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/10/lions_jalen_reeves-maybin_was.html#incart_river_index
    Jalen Reeves-Maybin: People want me to get brain disease because of protest

ALLEN PARK -- Lions linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin says he's kneeled during the national anthem the last two weeks to protest racial inequality in America. Now he's being flooded by hate mail, including wishes for him to develop brain disease.

He's 22 years old.

"People are saying, like, 'I hope you get CTE,'" Reeves-Maybin said. "Or, 'I hope you can't play with your kids when you get done playing,' Stuff like that. But, yeah. It doesn't bother me."

Reeves-Mabyin, a fourth-round pick out of Tennessee, also said he's been targeted with a deluge of racial epithets. That includes the N-word.

"Oh yeah, definitely," he said. "Yeah. All day. But, I mean, I can handle it."

Reeves-Maybin was among eight Lions players who kneeled during the anthem two weeks ago before a game against Atlanta. Owner Martha Firestone Ford joined the team for that protest, which included almost every other player and coach linking arms on the sideline.

Last week, Ford urged players to begin standing for the anthem, and offered to donate money to their various charities and causes if they agreed. Everyone except Reeves-Maybin and fellow linebacker Steve Longa, whose father died last week, complied with the request.

Reeves-Maybin said he decided to continue to kneel because he felt the anthem protests have evolved to become more about Donald Trump' comments that players are a "son of a (expletive)" who should be fired for kneeling. But for Reeves-Maybin, they're are still about racial inequality in the country.

That was the impetus for the original anthem protest from Colin Kaepernick last year. Dozens of players have joined him this year, though for varying reasons, including Trump's remarks in Alabama.

"I feel like the right thing for me to do is kneel," Reeves-Maybin said. "I really don't like the state of social inequalities and justices that go on here. I didn't want it to be about what President Trump said, and I felt like at the time, the week when you saw all the demonstrations, I feel like it more so made it about that and that's not the idea of what it should have been."

Reeves-Maybin said nobody in the organization was upset by his decision to continue kneeling, despite ownership's request for it to end. But he's gotten plenty of hate from those on the outside.

"People DM me all the time, comment on my pictures," he said. "A little hate mail here and there. But I don't really care. Most of the time, I just kind of laugh at it. I'm pretty sure the people writing it have way more anger, or put way more energy, into something they claim they don't put energy into. I think if you get those kinds of things, it makes you really realize how far away you are from what it really should be like."

Reeves-Mabyin isn't the only Lions player that has been harassed for his protest. Defensive tackle Akeem Spence said his father has lost work because of his decision to take a knee before the Falcons game, and both men have been harassed on their phones by strangers.

"It was just some harsh words," Spence said. "It's just people being bitter and everything like that. I didn't take anything from it. Like I said, I pray for those people because right now we need that in this country. We need prayer. We need people to come together. We need unity. So that's all I want, man, and that's all I want for everybody else."

Only in Amerikkka...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh it was gonna happen at a sporting event eventually

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options