Who are the most overrated NFL players?

1234568»

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? I can't stand stupidity
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People rave about Jameis Winston work ethic and leadership too. What that mean?

There are a lot of great leaders and locker room guys in the league not winning a damn thing.

And Aaron being self centered didn't hinder his ability to win MVP or a Super Bowl with bad receivers and no defense

And A-Aron is one of em
    That's because you're (understandably) on some homer ? .

He literally can do everything Brady does, a lot of things better. He put up similar numbers with skill position players worse than what NE has.

And then there's that Belichek guy. I'm not gonna call Brady a system QB, but he had a development curve to being GOAT. Those first few championships were about the Defense and Belichek while Brady managed games.

There was a definitive turning point in his career trajectory. Brady wasn't "Brady" until you know who got there.

Except win in January and February.

Oh word? January/February 2011 didn't happen?

You know who had a great January/February once. Brad Johnson. Next ?
  • Revolver Ocelot
    I'm really not being a homer I just think there's intangibles that Brady possesses and Rodgers doesn't, it's more to it to me than pointing out how Rodgers throws a better deep ball and throws on the run better, there's things that make Belichick and Brady a perfect match that wouldn't happen with ARod, I'm not saying they wouldn't have success I'm just saying I don't think if you take Brady out and plug in Rodgers and you will get the same results maybe better, you say it like it's a fact and it's really not

"Intangibles" is a made up attribute to prop up less athletic white guys

Both guys are proven winners. One has better ownership, front office, coaching and overall team talent. That's the difference. Those are facts.

Now the Packers organization ain't ? . lol That's a first.

The cirque du soleil contortions you ? go thru to ? on Brady is hilarious.

Where did I say the organization wasn't ? ? Quote me, I'll wait.

Better yet... just sit this one out, before you embarrass yourself like the other guy did.

? you ain't embarrassing ? .

You got this loser ass arguments like your loser ass Atl teams. Guess it's in the water down there.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    I'm really not being a homer I just think there's intangibles that Brady possesses and Rodgers doesn't, it's more to it to me than pointing out how Rodgers throws a better deep ball and throws on the run better, there's things that make Belichick and Brady a perfect match that wouldn't happen with ARod, I'm not saying they wouldn't have success I'm just saying I don't think if you take Brady out and plug in Rodgers and you will get the same results maybe better, you say it like it's a fact and it's really not

Both guys are proven winners. One has better ownership, front office, coaching and overall team talent. That's the difference. Those are facts.

Better yet... just sit this one out, before you embarrass yourself like the other guy did.

lol at other guy bruh you got bodied, deal with it

Not surprised you'd be delusional about this. You believe in "intangibles".

When your teams ain't got any, I wouldn't believe in intangibles either.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

lol at other guy bruh you got bodied, deal with it

Not surprised you'd be delusional about this. You believe in "intangibles".

When your teams ain't got any, I wouldn't believe in intangibles either.

Ok
    y555yq6d64x9.png

? you ain't embarrassing ? .

You got this loser ass arguments like your loser ass Atl teams. Guess it's in the water down there.

I wouldn't know. I've never been.

And what's my loser ass argument? My point about Brady being the GOAT based on merit, his ability to play the QB position and his team?

The one where I defended him on not being overrated?

Or because I don't believe in magic?

Like I said, sit this one out. You don't even know why you're trying to argue with me
  • Inglewood_B

There are a lot of great leaders and locker room guys in the league not winning a damn thing.

And Aaron being self centered didn't hinder his ability to win MVP or a Super Bowl with bad receivers and no defense

And A-Aron is one of em

He literally can do everything Brady does, a lot of things better. He put up similar numbers with skill position players worse than what NE has.

And then there's that Belichek guy. I'm not gonna call Brady a system QB, but he had a development curve to being GOAT. Those first few championships were about the Defense and Belichek while Brady managed games.

There was a definitive turning point in his career trajectory. Brady wasn't "Brady" until you know who got there.

Speaking of loser arguments.... ? damn that one is terrible.

Brad Johnson won SB MVP? Brad Johnson carried that team through the playoffs that year?

I coulda swore that defense was what won that championship
  • Inglewood_B
    edited September 2017
    Some body help this kid
  • Revolver Ocelot

And A-Aron is one of em

Brad Johnson won SB MVP? Brad Johnson carried that team through the playoffs that year?

You got it b.

As a Falcons fan you are the authority in choking and coming up short. The floor is yours
  • Inglewood_B

And A-Aron is one of em

You got it b.

As a Falcons fan you are the authority in choking and coming up short. The floor is yours

Lmao Ok... That means what to this conversation?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let it go bro

He don't don't get it.
  • its....JOHN B
    Russell Wilson
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Russell Wilson

Nah, now his organization is letting him down.

Weak O-Line, mediocre to average receivers
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russell Wilson

Co-sign

Russell can ball, 2015 was a prime example
  • its....JOHN B
    I didn’t say he was trash
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russell Wilson

They always had a weak o-line he's been the top 3 most pressured qb in the past 5 seasons
  • its....JOHN B
    edited October 2017
    Russell Wilson

They always had a weak o-line he's been the top 3 most pressured qb in the past 5 seasons
    Bennett is still insanely overrated to me. Dude is about to be 32 and has one 10 sack season in his career. Still gets talked about like a beast. I think even counting post season games he only got to 10 sacks once, and that's 17+ games played.

He was beasting Sunday tho

He's really not overrated at all

Sheeittt. This dude is average at getting to the QB even when on a team playing with a lead, and a dominant secondary behind him. He gets praised like a MONSTER though. Especially during the Seahawks SB years.

He was in the most ideal situation he could be in, and was still so-so on getting to the QB. Overrated

lol at average he's only 2nd to Watt in qb pressures in the past 4 years and he plays in between the tackles 61% of the time, he doesn't even get paid top tier money like that and I never see him glorified like Watt or Von are, he gets the right amount of recognition and it's deserved, you're wrong breh try again

Pressures means you got NEAR the quarterback. I said he's average at getting TO the quarterback. One 10 sack season in his 8 year career supports that. Watt has pretty much the same number of sacks in the past 4 years that Bennett has in his career. And Watt missed 13 games in one of those seasons (so 3 seasons and 3 games=Bennett's career).

I'm not big on moving the goal posts for people. Me, and probably almost every poster up here, has never graded a DE on their QB pressures or even really checked on them much. No one has gotten in the HOF off pressures, no one makes an all-pro team off pressures. When your team picks up a pass rusher you don't really know, you don't Google how many QB pressures he's gotten. I'm gonna keep that consistency with Bennett. Overrated.

So they are getting “NEAR” him but unless they are getting “TO” him I don’t want to hear it
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russell Wilson

Bennett is still insanely overrated to me. Dude is about to be 32 and has one 10 sack season in his career. Still gets talked about like a beast. I think even counting post season games he only got to 10 sacks once, and that's 17+ games played.

He was beasting Sunday tho

He's really not overrated at all

Sheeittt. This dude is average at getting to the QB even when on a team playing with a lead, and a dominant secondary behind him. He gets praised like a MONSTER though. Especially during the Seahawks SB years.

He was in the most ideal situation he could be in, and was still so-so on getting to the QB. Overrated

lol at average he's only 2nd to Watt in qb pressures in the past 4 years and he plays in between the tackles 61% of the time, he doesn't even get paid top tier money like that and I never see him glorified like Watt or Von are, he gets the right amount of recognition and it's deserved, you're wrong breh try again

Pressures means you got NEAR the quarterback. I said he's average at getting TO the quarterback. One 10 sack season in his 8 year career supports that. Watt has pretty much the same number of sacks in the past 4 years that Bennett has in his career. And Watt missed 13 games in one of those seasons (so 3 seasons and 3 games=Bennett's career).

I'm not big on moving the goal posts for people. Me, and probably almost every poster up here, has never graded a DE on their QB pressures or even really checked on them much. No one has gotten in the HOF off pressures, no one makes an all-pro team off pressures. When your team picks up a pass rusher you don't really know, you don't Google how many QB pressures he's gotten. I'm gonna keep that consistency with Bennett. Overrated.

So they are getting “NEAR” him but unless they are getting “TO” him I don’t want to hear it

YUP. If he's getting pressured, but not sacked. Tampa's DL is doing it this year. Think we're doing straight in pressures, but only have 1 sack. I say our pass rush has been trash.
  • Inglewood_B
    AGawd with that intangible comeback
  • its....JOHN B
    AGawd with that intangible comeback

Yea that was dope, 32 more and he’ll catch up to Brady...

nas-snap1.gif?w=650