Waka Flocka Says He's Not African American. Calls XXXTenacion A Genius

Comments

• gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    The white man the og terriost n America ? 'd the world up race wize spreading their white SUPREMACY hatred around the globe so I ain't mad@ waka he can b wat eva
    SMH. Never fails to surprise me when some brothas and sistas get money they start having that "house ? " syndrome. "Im not black, im native american mixed with italian". Or "im dominican not black". Well go ahead and "flock" yo ass to those other races and see how they treat you and dont come back.

That's krazy coming from u especially since u love a housenegro like woodface & his white devil racist crackkka Klansmen slavemassah feminem...
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Jungz wrote: »
    AfricanAncestry.com is dropping the ball on this one. Come out on twitter and offer this delusional ? a free DNA test kit. Show this Cherokee/Blacktail Indian in the brain ass ? he Sub-Saharan like the majority of us.

My great great g pop was full blooded Cherokee but I ain't gonna claim I'm native American...lol
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see alot of american blacks say thay tho .
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m black
    I’m American
    I’m of African descent

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    why white folk aint called European American?

Prob cause black people wanted to be known as African-American. White people cool with White.

??? It was "Negros" before that. And it's still "Negros" in Europe. While the whites are called whatever country their from.

You do know the meaning of the word ? or its origins don't you?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prob cause black people wanted to be known as African-American. White people cool with White.

??? It was "Negros" before that. And it's still "Negros" in Europe. While the whites are called whatever country their from.

It's Spanish for black...
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/TTwoUPVBZCY
    Nas was on a PBS show called
    "Finding your roots"
    where they trace your bloodline and tell you where your ancestors are from..

Flockaveli should consider going on the show..
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator

You mean the classification that Karl Von Linné choose to describe us and point out that we were sub-human?

Yes I'm very aware.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't listen to this one but I listened to his Hot97 I interview.

To those who didn't bother listening, what he means is that the idea of being black or African American exists solely in the United States. As someone who has traveled abroad, he's realized that the concept of race and nationality differs drastically from country to country, to the point where he doesn't feel constrained to the American standard of racial identity.

Nothing really to see here but a man who has experienced life beyond the boundaries of his Southern upbringing.

Lmao Europe is waaay more racist than America.

Let him try that "I ain't black" with them neo- nazis

The point is that race is interpreted differently outside of the US.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to OP he's basing this on the words of his Grandmas telling him so....

Yeah he needs to go ahead and take the test!
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator

To those who didn't bother listening, what he means is that the idea of being black or African American exists solely in the United States. As someone who has traveled abroad, he's realized that the concept of race and nationality differs drastically from country to country, to the point where he doesn't feel constrained to the American standard of racial identity.

Nothing really to see here but a man who has experienced life beyond the boundaries of his Southern upbringing.

Explain
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gee757 wrote: »
    The white man the og terriost n America ? 'd the world up race wize spreading their white SUPREMACY hatred around the globe so I ain't mad@ waka he can b wat eva
    SMH. Never fails to surprise me when some brothas and sistas get money they start having that "house ? " syndrome. "Im not black, im native american mixed with italian". Or "im dominican not black". Well go ahead and "flock" yo ass to those other races and see how they treat you and dont come back.

That's krazy coming from u especially since u love a housenegro like woodface & his white devil racist crackkka Klansmen slavemassah feminem...

So you came to that conclusion because i like some of their music? Funny. But ya man Gunplay got a ? tatted on him and Rick Ross got slave owners tatted on him. Fall back son.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Spanish for black...

no the word ? derives from the greek "necros" which means unloving or lifeless object. when they were calling us negroes back then they were basically calling us an object or property which why it is an offense.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator

Explain

Kinda like how Dominicans will say they're Dominican and not black. Country before race
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explain

I'll give being "black" as an example.

In the US, for most people, being black or African American is the most specific designation for them because they don't know what country their ancestors came from. The trans atlantic slave trade (and what came afterwards) ? it up for blacks in the US.

But the islands don't have that problem. Central and South Americans have a different problem altogether because their language and culture got mixed up differently between Africans, the indigenous, the Spanish, Portuguese, English, etc.

Being black in the US isn't the same as being black in China or being black in Senegal or being black in Sweden. They face different circumstances so their sense of identity will be different.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »

They call Italian, Irish, Polish, German, Portuguese, etc Americans.

what black folk called? a why american crackers arent called european anericans in comparison to ? beung called african american?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly folk wanna act slow...
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    bck145 wrote: »
    If you born in america...you just straight american....i tried telling people this ? but they want to hold onto ancestory ?

How are you going to Let go of something that's in your DNA learning about where u came from.can help you understand why you move the way you Do etc

You said some extra smart ?

Haha no the ? it dont...unless you let it

Theres something called free will....learning about your ancestory is fine, to pretend like you have to act a certain way becsuse of it is some weak minded ?

You born in america...u american...theres no need to add extra labels to it in order to further seperate ppl into categories