The Nagging Mom: What the **** is up with women and censorship?

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your argument is predicated on ? you read online and not facts.

Metroid had a female lead in the 80s, it was actually progressive as you didn't know Samus was a girl until the end of the game. Nobody complained, she was depicted as being awesome...full stop, not "? girl power awesome!"

One of the biggest game franchises of the 90s was Tomb Raider. You played EXCLUSIVELY as a woman archeologist (so yes, woman and "the science") they even made movies starring Angelina Jolie and the franchise was rebooted in the 2010s with another film on the way.

Resident Evil had plenty of female leads. The entire Resident Evil film line had a female lead...every single one and there's like 10 of them.

Resident Evil knock offs like Paradise Eve and Dino Crisis also had female leads.

Bayonnetta was popular in the 00s, female lead. Bloodrayne also (which garnered two small budget movies)

The Final Fantasy series had an all female cast before. Several games with female leads. Final Fantasy is a huge franchise.

Where is your argument?! That's 30 years of females in gaming and nobody gave a ? .

Females in fighting games are just as capable as the men. Where's the sexism? The sexism is they have ? that are nicer than yours, I bet. There's no lack of diversity.

There's a lack of honesty and integrity in censors who want to ruin everyone else's fun. Grow up.

• jono
    Options
    "How dare they have ? ?! It's th-the teh male gaze!!!!"
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @VulcanRaven

Lol

Video games rarely cater to girls and women stop

Did you ever consider the fact that they rarely cater to girls because.......well.......girls just aren't a significant part of their demographic?

This reminds me of McDonald's when they changed the way they cooked their fries and introduced all these salads and other healthier options.

Never made sense to me why they would cater to a market that has no interest in McDonald's to begin with.

Well, I can understand their logic to an extent.

They were probably thinking we can introduce all these healthy options...........get a new group of customers.........and still hold on to their current customers in the process.

The problem was, they didn't get as many new customers as they anticipated.............and they lost a lot of their old customers in the process.

Sound familiar?

6xfzq1cs3pkl.gif
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »

I'll address your dumb argument.

Females read manga and are generally more interested in anime than in comics.

The Japanese art form has sub categorized manga into types that appeal to a variety of people.

The manga that girls tend to read have to do with drama and other typical female ? .

The genre boys tend to read are shonen and action based hero's journey stories.

It would be foolish for the makers of a manga like dragonball or naruto, typical shonen, and switch it up to draw in females. They would lose one audience trying to get another. Collapse.

In contrast American superhero genre is one giant shonen. It's all male centered and the characters typically go through This hero's journey arc: batman super man iron man spider man, all These characters go through an origin tale that is essentially about male responsibility and duty. Two things Females have no interest in responsibility and duty.

The comic book industry, American shonen is male centered. Nothing wrong with that. Males typically like danger and adventure. Evidenced by the fact it is mostly men who in real life engage in risky and perilous behavior, and suffer from death by misadventure. So it's only natural that boys are drawn to comic book adventures. Males believe it or not are also attracted to attractive women so the females depicted are going to appeal to those desires.

Comic books are losing sales because they are trying to split the difference and gain Two audiences that largely have opposing interests. So American comics have lost males and have not gained Females. They keep trying to gain Females by warping the industry but it is not successful.

Females have every right and opportunity to engage and participate in the industry at every level, and they have. But you want the outcome to go against the grain of male and female proclivities and that's stupid and short sighted.

you believe females aren't interested in responsibility and duty? smh.... yet u r the serious reasonable, one????

even though sales have been going up, the comic book industry has been consistently losing sales for a long time.... the push for diversity and to expand its audience is a response that ....one of many

there is a large proportion of women and poc who love all types of comics, manga to spider man to preacher to naruto but don't feel like they see themselves and feel as they aren't being properly depicted by major studios i'm speaking for them and from what i've observed personally

same as i can name plenty of blk characters from popular tv, you can name storm and wonder woman alike, but the fact still remains women and poc are underrepresented ....and fact remains in many of the roles for women and poc are not as substantive as their male counter parts (particularly white males) and perpetuate negative stereotypes

and obviously we nothing wrong with wanting to look at attractive ppl but the female characters all tend to be hypersexualized which can impact beliefs about gender roles, body esteem, and self objectification

that said, if the major studios and to a lesser extent hired more women and poc artists, editors, writers, etc their efforts to promote diversity and inclusiveness would be more successful....

and i love dragon ball z growing up as well as other women i know. not all women want to read love stories and such. plenty of us who like straight action and adventure. this idea that we don't exist or don't matter is sexist. that said, why would adding more diversity and substantial roles for female fighters in something like dragon ball not work or drive away male fans???

same with video games... why would adding a playable female character to gta and other popular franchises drive away male fans? why would excluding misogynistic content drive away real fans? is the sexism and the gratuitous violence is what really make these games great?
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Video games should cater to the demographic that built the industry.

Girls in general don't like video games, but there are girls who like video games. There are females who enjoy every genre of video game without the market trying to "cater" to them.

For example capcom adjusted street fighter v to tone down on the dimensions of female characters to preempt complaints from females who don't even play. All this did was create a space for programmers to mod the game adding new skins or changing character dimensions making thick(er) versions of cammy chun li juri etc etc.

Feminist censorship only leads to market collapse on one end and rebel markets on the other.

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    How ridiculous. People don't have water, people don't have homes, people don't have rights but by gawd we gotta fight the male gaze.

lol

smh

says the person crying about women wanting fair and balance representation across mediums

what about your priorities bruh

i'm only responding to a thread you created
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    CJ, videogames done changed too.

POC are being wrote into more prominent lead roles.

Hell I still play Prototype 2.

it's changing

but that's only thanks to ppl speaking out and more diversity behind the scenes
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    That's the crazy thing to me. So much of this ? is fake. I grew up under the impression that ? who read comics, play video games etc were nerds who got no ? and were actively shunned by outsiders.

A movie like the 40 Year Old ? encapsulated this idea. What was the first thing his friends did when they tried to get him some ? ? They wanted to get rid of all his collectibles and nerd stuff because it was ? repellent.

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

But out of nowhere it seems like women care so much now about what guys are doing in games or comics

true but girls was always gaming. they only played kiddie ? like super Mario or Kirby though.

That's what folks dont get.

Women read comics and manga too but it ain't the same ? men read.

People think everybody should do everything. Sometimes people just ain't interested!

Women and girls buy and or read comics and such that is women friendly... Even though we make up a significant portion of the market very little is catered towards us which is a part of the problem

And at the end of the day we live in a capitalist society

The ultimate goal is to expend ur market to make more money

That means making comics more accessible to minorities including women, poc and ? now that they have more buying power

Comics, and video games to a lesser extent, also have a long history of racist caricature that the industry is now grapling with

There are more blk super heroes

And recently batman confronts police racism in latest comic book so you have a problem with that?

Should the industry not be held responsible for the misogyny and racism they perpetuate

Should the industry not feel as though they have a social responsibility to address these things? Or rather why do yall have such a big problem with it

*shrugs*

Before anyone starts most popular female spaces and publications do not perpetuate the same contempt for anything other and objectification of the opposite sex at all. most of them is centered around what women can do to keep a man, i.e. lose weight, tone, makeup, head manuals etc

Females dont make up a significant percentage of the comic industry market.

The sales nose dive in marvel and smaller indie companies like idw image prove that.

Females make up about 4% of the market. The propaganda that females make up 40% is one of the biggest lies that has backfired.

Marvel flagship titles and characters are selling at levels that would have gotten books cancelled 20 years ago.

Captain marvel
    Squirrel girl
    Wasp
    Fem thor
    Cuck spiderman

None of these titles sell. These are books that cater to females, or rather feminist interests. And they can't sell over 25k.

Females dont read comics. Females like to cosplay. They like to play dress up and go to cons, or post pictures on the internet to elicit donations.

This falls in line with typical female behavior.

receipts?

otherwise from what i read more than a quarter of video gamers and computer gamers are women int he untied states

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232383/gender-split-of-us-computer-and-video-gamers/

as far as with comics there isn't a lot of market research

according to facebook 24 million US comic book fans and yet the best selling books barely sell 100k at best. more than 40% identify as being female. so really no conclusive arguments can be made other than these ppl are potential customers given the right material and marketing

https://graphicpolicy.com/2014/02/01/facebook-fandom-spotlight-who-are-the-us-comic-fans-5/

https://graphicpolicy.com/2013/09/02/facebook-fandom-spotlight-fans-of-female-comic-characters/

also female comic book character fans are largely female. no surpirse ppl like things they can relate too. that said, just because the wasp isn't selling doesn't mean women and girls don't read comics. it could mean the stories and characters could just be bad

and i'm not sure how any of this could be used to make the case promoting and celebrating diversity is not a worthy cause

We are talking comic books so why you brought up video games is irrelevant.

Just because you claim to be a fan of something does not mean you buy anything.

Most females are fans of comic book characters and have even the slightest information about them because of movies.

If 40% of comic fans are females then the industry wouldn't be on the brink of collapse.

The majority of females can't name female comic book characters outside wonder woman black widow supergirl and batgirl. Mary Jane. Basically characters that are in popular media.

Females follow after what is trendy and popular.

You just quoted Facebook as a source. I can't even begin. You sure you have a stem degree?

The best selling comic book cant even touch post collapse figures because marvel and dc have been infested with sjws and feminists who have this male alienating agenda for the past 2-3 years. Males aren't buying what their selling. You made my point for me.

lol

major companies use facebook as a marketing tool and to track trends

as i was saying 24 million US comic book fans and yet the best selling books barely sell 100k at best. that tells me both women, men, poc, etc are all unsatisfied with the product

one reason could be the stories and characters supposedly created with women and girls in mind our could just be bad...many are still written largely by men...

and please provide data, numbers to actually back up ur claims...please prove me wrong

otherwise you are just perpetuating negative stereotypes, i.e. "females only like what is trendy", at this point

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Madam whatever the ? has literally never posted in the comic book subforum here. Has never expressed an interest in the medium until it's brought up now where she Google's a bunch of quick articles to try and sound knowledgeable on the topic.

She comments in order to make herself the center of attention which is why she has these long ass posts taking up half the page.

People like her are the reason comics suck now. They have no interest in anything primarily male outside of regulating fun under the guise of making it "safe and fun for the children"

Her and people like her agenda, is the covert undermining and destruction of male power. This latest assault on comic books is iconoclast. A breaking of the image. Subverting and destroying symbols of male power and virtue that is embedded in the American superhero.

just because i don't post in a sub-forum i'm not a fan

foh

if u feel like i just want the attention stop responding to my post
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    That's the crazy thing to me. So much of this ? is fake. I grew up under the impression that ? who read comics, play video games etc were nerds who got no ? and were actively shunned by outsiders.

A movie like the 40 Year Old ? encapsulated this idea. What was the first thing his friends did when they tried to get him some ? ? They wanted to get rid of all his collectibles and nerd stuff because it was ? repellent.

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

But out of nowhere it seems like women care so much now about what guys are doing in games or comics

true but girls was always gaming. they only played kiddie ? like super Mario or Kirby though.

People think everybody should do everything. Sometimes people just ain't interested!

Women and girls buy and or read comics and such that is women friendly... Even though we make up a significant portion of the market very little is catered towards us which is a part of the problem

That means making comics more accessible to minorities including women, poc and ? now that they have more buying power

Comics, and video games to a lesser extent, also have a long history of racist caricature that the industry is now grapling with

And recently batman confronts police racism in latest comic book so you have a problem with that?

Should the industry not be held responsible for the misogyny and racism they perpetuate

Should the industry not feel as though they have a social responsibility to address these things? Or rather why do yall have such a big problem with it

*shrugs*

Before anyone starts most popular female spaces and publications do not perpetuate the same contempt for anything other and objectification of the opposite sex at all. most of them is centered around what women can do to keep a man, i.e. lose weight, tone, makeup, head manuals etc

Your problem is that you're making something that's not political -- political!

Watch whatever you want, read whatever you want nobody gives a ? .

People give a ? when you decide to change what they want into some ? you want.

Nobody wants to be preached to or lambasted for liking something. Move on. Take all that nagging ? somewhere else, ? was having fun over here.

If you really liked something, you wouldn't go out of your way to change it. It's that type of thinking that is ruining fun ventures.

All this policing of the imagination, telling people what they can and can't fantasize about or buy with their money... ? is arrogant as ? .

Everything ain't about you and your politics.

Get the ? on!

get out your feelings

comics, video games are inherently political because there is no real distinction between politics and stories about the world .... american superhero comics like super man and xmen for instance were political from their earliest days

in the 40s superman was a champion for the oppressed fighting wealthy industrialists and crooked politicians

and it's not about changing what makes comic books and video games video games and comic books... like i said its about practicing social responsibility and expanding the market

again comics and video games aren't just becoming more woman friendly, the industry has made a concerted effort to reach out to poc....even the disabled more than they have done in the past

is that bad? lol

this idea that its about women nagging and wanting to ruin male spaces is your male privilege talking

The industry was never anti-woman, you can't find a single thing that ever said women were welcome.

Female writers and editors going back 30 years
    Female characters going back 60-70 years where is this ? you talking about?

lol

in video games and comics?

the humor

they way women are drawn and dressed.... the overt sexualization

the tendency to turn women into expendable plot accessories to further the hero’s arc opposed to 3 dimensional characters

same as for most mediums, male characters are given the overwhelming majority of the speaking lines

we have video games where you can only play male characters who have the ability to pick up and ? female prostitutes

wasn't a big, big comic book reader growing up but that was because of the aforementioned and my parents wasn't with it and all the violence

Actually know the facts. You have no credibility on this topic. You can ? anyone in GTA, not just prostitutes. You obviously never played the game or are just pushing an agenda.

The second bold, so you never were allowed to read comics but claiming women were represented a certain way...how would you know if you weren't allowed to read them? Once again, you are pushing an agenda based on no facts at all. Then it wouldn't matter anyway since your parents were against comic violence lol.

Stop talking about things you have no knowledge or experience with. It makes you look ignorant.

i'm 30 ...i have been able do as i please without the consent of my parents for a while including read comics
    i have 4 older brothers who enjoy comics

and been a fan of gta since it was 2d lol

not til i got older did i grow uncomfortable with the game play and it started to bother me there were no playable female protagonist in gta 5 for ex or did female characters historically have major roles

you can ? anyone, but that is besides the point

having no female protagonist, little to no female characters with major roles, and on top of having female prostitutes you can pick up, have sex with and ? is the issue
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Ray Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451. In that book he bad the vision to see how the grievance industry would blossom.

It started with banning books, now people can twist anything to fit their grievance. ? can find sexism in a bowl of oatmeal if you give them enough time and they think it's a book deal or speaking engagment willing to pay.

Today, the "male gaze" is a grievance. Yes, where your eyes look is problematic now. Not domestic abuse, not real violence but "how dare you look at me?" "Your look dehumanizes me!"

H3H3 makes fun of this ? a lot too. Cultural appropriation is using black gifs and emojis.

This ? is nonsense. These are First World non-problems. You not being injured or disenfranchised by looks and emojis, grow the ? up.

lol

the male gaze is the act of depicting the world and women from a masculine and heterosexual point of view, which present women as objects of male pleasure

it's not just a look

you sound like a middle aged white man

young enough to know that 'cultural appropriation' is, but too inflexible in your views to actually learn what it really means and it's impact

know you got a sjw rant in you

how do you feel about identity politics?

Oncer again you keep trying to force an agenda. I can only speak for myself but I liked comics growing up because I was into the art, story, characters and watching them beat on their adversaries.

At age 33 that has not changed. Not once have I felt the way you claim. Why can't we have our thing to enjoy and be entertained by without some feminist agenda making it out to be some evil movement out to destroy the world lol?

being that you are a straight man i'm not surprised u feel differently lol
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ? in here tryna edumacate a woman who is green in comics...y'all lost
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LordZuko
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Your problem is that you're making something that's not political -- political!

Watch whatever you want, read whatever you want nobody gives a ? .

People give a ? when you decide to change what they want into some ? you want.

Nobody wants to be preached to or lambasted for liking something. Move on. Take all that nagging ? somewhere else, ? was having fun over here.

If you really liked something, you wouldn't go out of your way to change it. It's that type of thinking that is ruining fun ventures.

All this policing of the imagination, telling people what they can and can't fantasize about or buy with their money... ? is arrogant as ? .

Everything ain't about you and your politics.

Get the ? on!

get out your feelings

comics, video games are inherently political because there is no real distinction between politics and stories about the world .... american superhero comics like super man and xmen for instance were political from their earliest days

in the 40s superman was a champion for the oppressed fighting wealthy industrialists and crooked politicians

and it's not about changing what makes comic books and video games video games and comic books... like i said its about practicing social responsibility and expanding the market

again comics and video games aren't just becoming more woman friendly, the industry has made a concerted effort to reach out to poc....even the disabled more than they have done in the past

is that bad? lol

this idea that its about women nagging and wanting to ruin male spaces is your male privilege talking

The industry was never anti-woman, you can't find a single thing that ever said women were welcome.

Female writers and editors going back 30 years
    Female characters going back 60-70 years where is this ? you talking about?

lol

in video games and comics?

the humor

they way women are drawn and dressed.... the overt sexualization

the tendency to turn women into expendable plot accessories to further the hero’s arc opposed to 3 dimensional characters

same as for most mediums, male characters are given the overwhelming majority of the speaking lines

we have video games where you can only play male characters who have the ability to pick up and ? female prostitutes

wasn't a big, big comic book reader growing up but that was because of the aforementioned and my parents wasn't with it and all the violence

Actually know the facts. You have no credibility on this topic. You can ? anyone in GTA, not just prostitutes. You obviously never played the game or are just pushing an agenda.

The second bold, so you never were allowed to read comics but claiming women were represented a certain way...how would you know if you weren't allowed to read them? Once again, you are pushing an agenda based on no facts at all. Then it wouldn't matter anyway since your parents were against comic violence lol.

Stop talking about things you have no knowledge or experience with. It makes you look ignorant.

i'm 30 ...i have been able do as i please without the consent of my parents for a while including read comics
    i have 4 older brothers who enjoy comics

and been a fan of gta since it was 2d lol

not til i got older did i grow uncomfortable with the game play and it started to bother me there were no playable female protagonist in gta 5 for ex or did female characters historically have major roles

you can ? anyone, but that is besides the point

having no female protagonist, little to no female characters with major roles, and on top of having female prostitutes you can pick up, have sex with and ? is the issue

Go play a game with a female protagonist. There are plenty of those. I doubt you played gta 5. I bet you're only repeating feminist talking points.

If gta 5 was making you uncomfortable then change your game.

Your issue is that you want a form of entertainment to conform to your personal ethics. That's not how the world works. Only a narcissistic ? would think it does.

No one is forcing you to play any game you don't want. But you think it's ok to try and force devs and creators to make a product for a demographic that's not even interested in the industry.

Before gta v what was the last game you played?

@Madame_CJSkywalker
  • LordZuko
    Options

For years this was true:
    jju7buecljm0.png

*shrugs*

Females dont make up a significant percentage of the comic industry market.

The sales nose dive in marvel and smaller indie companies like idw image prove that.

Females make up about 4% of the market. The propaganda that females make up 40% is one of the biggest lies that has backfired.

Marvel flagship titles and characters are selling at levels that would have gotten books cancelled 20 years ago.

Captain marvel
    Squirrel girl
    Wasp
    Fem thor
    Cuck spiderman

None of these titles sell. These are books that cater to females, or rather feminist interests. And they can't sell over 25k.

Females dont read comics. Females like to cosplay. They like to play dress up and go to cons, or post pictures on the internet to elicit donations.

This falls in line with typical female behavior.

receipts?

otherwise from what i read more than a quarter of video gamers and computer gamers are women int he untied states

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232383/gender-split-of-us-computer-and-video-gamers/

as far as with comics there isn't a lot of market research

according to facebook 24 million US comic book fans and yet the best selling books barely sell 100k at best. more than 40% identify as being female. so really no conclusive arguments can be made other than these ppl are potential customers given the right material and marketing

https://graphicpolicy.com/2014/02/01/facebook-fandom-spotlight-who-are-the-us-comic-fans-5/

https://graphicpolicy.com/2013/09/02/facebook-fandom-spotlight-fans-of-female-comic-characters/

also female comic book character fans are largely female. no surpirse ppl like things they can relate too. that said, just because the wasp isn't selling doesn't mean women and girls don't read comics. it could mean the stories and characters could just be bad

and i'm not sure how any of this could be used to make the case promoting and celebrating diversity is not a worthy cause

We are talking comic books so why you brought up video games is irrelevant.

Just because you claim to be a fan of something does not mean you buy anything.

Most females are fans of comic book characters and have even the slightest information about them because of movies.

If 40% of comic fans are females then the industry wouldn't be on the brink of collapse.

The majority of females can't name female comic book characters outside wonder woman black widow supergirl and batgirl. Mary Jane. Basically characters that are in popular media.

Females follow after what is trendy and popular.

You just quoted Facebook as a source. I can't even begin. You sure you have a stem degree?

The best selling comic book cant even touch post collapse figures because marvel and dc have been infested with sjws and feminists who have this male alienating agenda for the past 2-3 years. Males aren't buying what their selling. You made my point for me.

lol

major companies use facebook as a marketing tool and to track trends

as i was saying 24 million US comic book fans and yet the best selling books barely sell 100k at best. that tells me both women, men, poc, etc are all unsatisfied with the product

one reason could be the stories and characters supposedly created with women and girls in mind our could just be bad...many are still written largely by men...

and please provide data, numbers to actually back up ur claims...please prove me wrong

otherwise you are just perpetuating negative stereotypes, i.e. "females only like what is trendy", at this point

@Madame_CJSkywalker

Each of these small videos rebuts your points

https://youtu.be/2aBL1HmqajQ

https://youtu.be/nvlNtm3UqQY

https://youtu.be/KsSCT0GVuzE

https://youtu.be/cywx-jBo86A

https://youtu.be/E1M7kOF-pNw

These are literally responses to your implications. Im not gonna go dig for numbers and point out comichron sales figures before sjw marvel and after. Not to someone who is so lazy they will cite Facebook as a reference, seriously and infer some type of market forecast from it.

Nope. This is the homework you should've done before you typed your dumb opinions.

I suggest you all watch these.
  • DoubleShotHelix
    DoubleShotHelix Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ? outchea jealous of ? that don't even exist.

Chicks outchea constructing entire arguments, making life changing decisions and declarations based on ? that doesn't even really exist.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about feminist and women in general idk what to tell you.

Every straight man on earth has said to his woman at least once " you tripping/mad over nothing"

And this thread proves that sentiment to the utmost both literally and figuratively
  • LordZuko
    Options
    Confession: I'm a Jack ass.

Here i am with the fellas talking about how females suck the fun out of everything.

And along comes a female exemplifying the very thing we are talking about.

Instead of me calling her out i allow myself to get trapped into another of her pointless trolls.

@Madame_CJSkywalker go back and read your posts. Do you sound like someone that people want to be around for a good time?

Has anyone ever called you to kick it? Have you ever made a fun situation more fun?

Yesterday i summoned her to the fave fight scene thread in lca. Never showed up. Because she doesn't watch action movies. She probably thinks they are dumb.

That's cool bc no female posted in the thread. Because like comic books and video games the average female don't rock with action movies.

And that's cool.

Whats not cool is females demanding that men change around fun ? to make it palatable for them, under some weak guise of "but what about the children" everything ain't for everybody.

You trying to make this equitable outcome ruins everything.

There's nothing stopping girls from making the games the comics and movies they want.
  • jono
    Options
    ? outchea jealous of ? that don't even exist.

Chicks outchea constructing entire arguments, making life changing decisions and declarations based on ? that doesn't even really exist.

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about feminist and women in general idk what to tell you.

Every straight man on earth has said to his woman at least once " you tripping/mad over nothing"

And this thread proves that sentiment to the utmost both literally and figuratively

Full disclosure: I considered myself a male feminist. I'm all for equal opportunity, pay equality (considering they have the same experience and other variables). You wanna talk about domestic abuse and ? ? I fully support women 7 times outta 10

But when you start talking about nonsense like the "male gaze" and attacking people for enjoying something you personally feel objectifies or ridicules women, and its based on nothing more than your personal feelings....? OFF.

When you want to say crazy ? on twitter and get mad when a dude comes back at you...? OFF

You want to claim you were harassed after you tweeted or blogged some hateful, ignorant ? ...DEAL WITH IT.

That ? ain't got nothing to do with women's rights. It's got something to do with your personal attitude and behavior.

Radical feminists don't speak for all women, they don't even speak for most women. They speak for themselves and all the other pink haired dog moms out there. Most women don't care about the ? on a cartoon or a comic book character. For ? sake, get real.
  • jono
    Options
    This ? is about money.
    Women (like hoteps and other activists) have found that there is tremendous money in writing books and speaking engagements where they can whine about sexism or racism or homophobia or transphobia.

This ? is an industry. Complaining is what people do for a living now. They get rewards, they become famous, and they get treated with kid gloves. Special privileges to say whatever they want and all kinds of ? .

This explosion of for profit "social criticism/activism" cheapens legitimate concern. Anna Sarkeesian made it all the way to congress to talk about being "harassed" on twitter.

Can you imagine wasting congress' time on twitter beef?! Is that what we're paying for?

It's that type of ? that turns my stomach. That's the kind of ? the world hates. We waste resources on petty complaints like "cyber-harassment" and the "male gaze."

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Madame whats your favorite dbz saga?
  • LordZuko
    Options
    @jono is a male feminist. That explains so much.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Madame whats your favorite dbz saga?

that's hard

maybe the imperfect cell saga

my favorite fight is probably when goku and vegeta first fought
  • jono
    Options
    @jono is a male feminist. That explains so much.

They have good points from time to time. ? ain't perfect for women but ? ain't that bad either.

It's on a continuum. Radical nonsense needs to halted so legit concerns can be addressed.

Female game devs and comic creators can make their own products and sell them digitally and through hard copies, there's no need for the ? they do.