Article from a black woman saying "Black Men Are Terrorists" SMH

12346»

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    These websites are white supremacists owned and they use black people and have them spew white supremacist rhetoric just to not seem racist.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have no issue with exalting manhood just as long as it's not at the expense of womanhood..which has historically been the case imho

this idea that feminist are trying to emasculate men is not true. we, at least, i'm concerned with many of the social constructions of femininity and masculinity and how that shapes our interactions. for ex, boys are not only taught that their heterosexuality is a pillar of manhood, but that their manliness depends on their sexual desire for women. Physicality and aggression are measuring sticks of manhood. and when we explore issues like ? prevention or even monogamy it is implicated men have little to no control over their sexual desires given an opportunity. so how can we hope to address street harassment when men are acting accordingly in the presence of an attractive woman. how can we tell ppl be respectful when they see a woman in a short dress walk pass when we shame women who wear revealing clothing

the blk family is of utmost importance... but for me confronting the -isms like sexism and racism... misogyny ....and understanding how one’s actions and beliefs affect others ultimately serves to empower blk ppl and by extension the blk family

to me she was downplaying the prevalence of street harassment....and by extension the misogyny others have complained of...almost just paying lip service...from what i seen she basically was making the case for subscribing to patriarchy

and small minority? if all these women are online and irl speaking of instances they felt fearful and objectified simply walking down the street is it just a small minority responsible? have they all been brainwashed or they all exaggerating. we going to continue to portray them as having stank attitudes who don't know how to accept a compliment

again not saying all men, specifically all blk men, are a problem or at fault... but let's be real

Fair enough. So you're only against patriarchy because of the traditional tendency for it to keep women down? So you would have no problem if, hypothetically speaking, men did hold more power in society, but not because women were barred from holding power, but more because men on average sought to have that power? That's not the case of course, but even if men eliminated misogynistic and sexist practices, it may still be unlikely that power is split evenly among men and women as some feminists seem to think should be the case.
    i don't think there will ever be equal parity

but yea i don't hate men or hate/mind following a male leader

just disagree with this idea that women aren't capable of leading...and i believe traditional gender norms, the practice of patriarchy are dehumanizing and exaggerates the differences between us to the detriment of everyone with the exception of only a few

On a completely different note, since I'm asking questions, if abortion was put to a vote and the country clearly voted against it, would you accept that the majority of the people in the country are simply against abortion as a practice or would you continue push for it holding the stance that it's part of a patriarchal scheme to hold women back?
    if the majority of ppl voted against abortion yet we still had a weak social safety net and access to birth control pills remains difficult for young, low income ppl, ppl without insurance to obtain (i.e. currently with the exception of the u.s. birth control pills are available over the counter in over hundred countries), i would hold the stance that it had more to do with this need we have to police the sexual behavior of women opposed to wanting to preserve life

and i always found it interesting that a lot of pro-life ppl have a change of heart once their daughter or mistress accidentally gets pregnant ...or they have a change of heart if the woman was ? or the pregnancy was the result of abuse or ? ... to me this says for pro lifers who is getting the abortion and what that person may represent plays a significant role more than ppl would like to readily admit

Cool. Those are fair answers.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaza Ali Warns Black Feminists "If You Declare War On My Son... You're An Enemy" (Willie D Live)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0fl82sUwU

Says she has 2 sons and 2 daughters (I think) so why would she try to declare war on her sons ?

Also said her father was the most important man in her life.

We talk about fatherless dudes on here all the time, is modern feminism / Black feminism about fatherless chicks ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    7figz wrote: »
    Zaza Ali Warns Black Feminists "If You Declare War On My Son... You're An Enemy" (Willie D Live)

Says she has 2 sons and 2 daughters (I think) so why would she try to declare war on her sons ?

We talk about fatherless dudes on here all the time, is modern feminism / Black feminism about fatherless chicks ?

@Madame_CJSkywalker needs to hear this, but her response would probably be something along the lines of:

"Yeah, but patriarchy...........blah blah blah blah blah."
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Zaza. Patriarchy presents no problem for me. My dad is a good man who has fed, clothed, and ensured my education was complete. I look up to him to this very day. My husband is a good man who makes sure we have everything we need and more. Can't complain. My wish for my son (9) is that he matures and one day has his own family. Patriarchy doesn't equal ? . The men in my life have to sacrifice a lot to make sure the people they care about are satisfied.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    deadeye wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »

@Madame_CJSkywalker needs to hear this, but her response would probably be something along the lines of:

"Yeah, but patriarchy...........blah blah blah blah blah."

i have men in my life who very loving and respectful in my presence...and my father was very involved ...doesn't mean they don't have sexist views or misogynistic leanings

and we don't live in a vacuum... i have to live and work with some not so very good men and women. what they believe, do impacts me unfortunately

that said, as i've said previously multiple times, i believe traditional gender norms/ the practice of patriarchy are dehumanizing and exaggerates the differences between us to the detriment of everyone even men with the exception of only a few

seen men in my life turn to substance abuse, illegal activity, and other destructive behavior because they were trying to cope with the pressures/expectations of being a "man" (i.e. a good provider) during a time when that has been close to impossible for a blk man...

seen women in my life accept their husbands and bfs abuse and or running the streets with other women because they were good fathers or/and otherwise decent men and that's what they believed a good woman should do

so what do i need to hear? i'm not trying to declare war on my brothers, nephew, uncles, cousins, etc lol
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Y R black women and ? so hateful 2wards Straight brothers? Mad they ? and sistas mad we choose outside of them alot? Says a lot about them they always feel the need 2 nitpick and accuse. Must be hell living in their skin.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    babelipsss wrote: »
    I agree with Zaza. Patriarchy presents no problem for me. My dad is a good man who has fed, clothed, and ensured my education was complete. I look up to him to this very day. My husband is a good man who makes sure we have everything we need and more. Can't complain. My wish for my son (9) is that he matures and one day has his own family. Patriarchy doesn't equal ? . The men in my life have to sacrifice a lot to make sure the people they care about are satisfied.

i would like to speak on this more .....
    at some point