Elijah, Elisha, and a picture of the day of the LORD!

DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
In 2 kings chapter 2 a picture of the day of the Lord is played out. Elijah represents the Church. Elisha represents the 2 witnesses of Revelation 11.

When Elijah is taken up to heaven in 2 kings 2:11 it is a type of the rapture of the body of Christ. For after Elijah goes up to heaven in a whirlwind, Elisha takes over with a double portion of the spirit of Elijah. The double portion of Elijah spirit is symbolic of the rule and authority that the 2 witnesses (double portion) will have during the day of the Lord.

One of the first things that Elisha does after the taking up of Elijah to heaven (the rapture of the church) is to part the Jordan river and heal the waters of Jericho. 2 kings 2:19. One of the many signs of the 2 witnesses in Revelation 11 is that they will have power over the water to turn it to blood. Which was also one of the first signs that ? gave Moses to perform in Egypt in the sight of Pharaoh. Thus just like Elisha had power over the water, the 2 witnesses will demonstrate their power over the water.

And then we see how the youths mocked Elisha by calling him bald headed and telling him to go up like Elijah did. In The Day of the Lord everybody will be bald headed (men and women) and those left behind "the unwise virgins" will be "mocked" by the world for not being caught up in the rapture.

But just like the 42 youths were mauled by 2 bears so too will all those who "mock" in the last days be mauled by the beast that has the feet of a bear for 42 months.

Amen.

9“And on that day,” declares the Lord ? ,
“I will make the sun go down at noon
and darken the earth in broad daylight.
10I will turn your feasts into mourning
and all your songs into lamentation;
I will bring sackcloth on every waist
and baldness on every head;
I will make it like the mourning for an only son
and the end of it like a bitter day.
Amos 8:9-10

The Day of the Lord is near! Woe worth the day! Amen!

Comments