The Bible says the book of Exodus never happened

13»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows, maybe 10,000 years from now, aliens or whoever has control of Earth will think X-Men and Spider-Man were real people.

youre joking but I honestly believe this will happen. superman is basically a retelling of christ anyway

I'm pretty sure something like that will happen lol, I bet the people who made up Zeus and Apollo back in the day were just looking for stories to entertain their family and friends with. And people just ran away with it.

Today we laugh at Zeus, but back in the day, people in the Greek empire were really scared of him.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always laughed when I hear about "Jesus time" compared to our time. Isn't 2,000 plus years a pretty damn long time? I guess I'm the impatient type, along with most of the world, since most people worldwide are not Christian. But IDK, I freely admit my expectations are high for a savior. People are mad at Trump for how long it's taking for Puerto Rico to recover from those massive hurricanes, but shouldn't people question why it's taking so long for Jesus to do pretty much anything since he died?

And what do you mean things Jesus and "? " have done to help people? Because even if some feel that way, what about the many millions of people who seem to be doing well without being religious at all? Or those who are doing well and believe in multiple gods like Hindus and many Africans and others? Is it fair to say there are many gods out there helping multiple people? Hindus and animists make up a huge part of the world.

Humans live for ~70-80 years. So yeah, for us, 2000 years is a long time. For a being that's been around for billions of our years, 2000 years is nothing. You say you have high expectations for a ? , but you don't really. A lot of the faults you have with ? seem to come from you bringing ? down to our level. Even in this post, you're comparing Jesus' salvation of humanity to Trump helping Puerto Rico. Your mind is completely on the physical world, and even though I keep pointing out the significance of eternity when you consider Jesus' salvation, it doesn't resonate with you. You think your imagination is what's keeping you from recognizing the greatness of ? . Actually, it's your lack of imagination that's the problems because your mind is completely grounded in this physical world.

Your second paragraph only furthers that. Again, you're talking about how well people are doing on Earth. Paul specifically tells you in the Bible that your eyes shouldn't be on the physical world but the one before that. Yes, here may be athiests out there doing it up in this world, but from a Christian standpoint, they will suffer in the next world. Who cares if you were on top of the world for a blink of an eye if you're going to suffer the blow back for eternity?
  • kingblaze84

I've always laughed when I hear about "Jesus time" compared to our time. Isn't 2,000 plus years a pretty damn long time? I guess I'm the impatient type, along with most of the world, since most people worldwide are not Christian. But IDK, I freely admit my expectations are high for a savior. People are mad at Trump for how long it's taking for Puerto Rico to recover from those massive hurricanes, but shouldn't people question why it's taking so long for Jesus to do pretty much anything since he died?

And what do you mean things Jesus and "? " have done to help people? Because even if some feel that way, what about the many millions of people who seem to be doing well without being religious at all? Or those who are doing well and believe in multiple gods like Hindus and many Africans and others? Is it fair to say there are many gods out there helping multiple people? Hindus and animists make up a huge part of the world.

Humans live for ~70-80 years. So yeah, for us, 2000 years is a long time. For a being that's been around for billions of our years, 2000 years is nothing. You say you have high expectations for a ? , but you don't really. A lot of the faults you have with ? seem to come from you bringing ? down to our level. Even in this post, you're comparing Jesus' salvation of humanity to Trump helping Puerto Rico. Your mind is completely on the physical world, and even though I keep pointing out the significance of eternity when you consider Jesus' salvation, it doesn't resonate with you. You think your imagination is what's keeping you from recognizing the greatness of ? . Actually, it's your lack of imagination that's the problems because your mind is completely grounded in this physical world.

Your second paragraph only furthers that. Again, you're talking about how well people are doing on Earth. Paul specifically tells you in the Bible that your eyes shouldn't be on the physical world but the one before that. Yes, here may be athiests out there doing it up in this world, but from a Christian standpoint, they will suffer in the next world. Who cares if you were on top of the world for a blink of an eye if you're going to suffer the blow back for eternity?

Well that's the thing, there is no serious proof what you said is true. The many atheists and agnostics out there doing well disprove the part of Jesus or the Bible ? helping people as you said earlier. If the Muslims are right, then you Christians might be the ones burning in hell. How do I know which ? is correct? It seems Muslims worship a more or less different ? then Christians and Jews, which ? is correct?

Or is maybe Zeus the one true ? ? I can't take these giant leaps of faith if Jesus never proved himself a powerful ? , he never fulfilled the prophecies and yet I'm supposed to take him seriously. I just can't. I can believe there is a life after death but for all we know, Jesus was just a charismatic guy and nothing more. You can't prove that Jesus is more powerful then the Mighty Thor or Shiva. Maybe Shiva ate the Bible ? and maybe that's why Jesus can't show himself anymore.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Well that's the thing, there is no serious proof what you said is true. The many atheists and agnostics out there doing well disprove the part of Jesus or the Bible ? helping people as you said earlier. If the Muslims are right, then you Christians might be the ones burning in hell. How do I know which ? is correct? It seems Muslims worship a more or less different ? then Christians and Jews, which ? is correct?

Or is maybe Zeus the one true ? ? I can't take these giant leaps of faith if Jesus never proved himself a powerful ? , he never fulfilled the prophecies and yet I'm supposed to take him seriously. I just can't. I can believe there is a life after death but for all we know, Jesus was just a charismatic guy and nothing more. You can't prove that Jesus is more powerful then the Mighty Thor or Shiva. Maybe Shiva ate the Bible ? and maybe that's why Jesus can't show himself anymore.

How does athiests doing well disprove anything about Jesus helping people? Even in the Bible there are plenty of people who don't believe in ? or against ? that are successful and powerful. That doesn't mean ? didn't help people in the Bible. He clearly does. And yes, there is no real proof of anything. Again, that's by design. Christians are supposed to act on faith. If you can't do that, that's fine. You can't be a Christian. Also, Muslims worship the same ? as Jews and Christians. There are just differences in opinion on what that ? has done and what he wants.

The rest of the discussion is kinda moot. Either you're open to believe or you aren't. If you see no reason to believe, I can't make you do so or even give you an argument to do so. However, if you are open, you need to read the Bible and pray, and the answers you seek will come.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017

How does athiests doing well disprove anything about Jesus helping people? Even in the Bible there are plenty of people who don't believe in ? or against ? that are successful and powerful. That doesn't mean ? didn't help people in the Bible. He clearly does. And yes, there is no real proof of anything. Again, that's by design. Christians are supposed to act on faith. If you can't do that, that's fine. You can't be a Christian. Also, Muslims worship the same ? as Jews and Christians. There are just differences in opinion on what that ? has done and what he wants.

The rest of the discussion is kinda moot. Either you're open to believe or you aren't. If you see no reason to believe, I can't make you do so or even give you an argument to do so. However, if you are open, you need to read the Bible and pray, and the answers you seek will come.

If Jesus is helping people on Earth now as you say, then why are so many Christians I know now in so much misery? I know some atheists on top of the world, and agnostics doing great, Steve Jobs was agnostic or atheist and lived well overall as a billionaire. Meanwhile, I know Christians with disabled kids and huge medical bills taking care of them. I remember being a Christian and at times wondering where the hell my luck is. When I stopped ? with Christianity, I noticed my life took a dramatic turn for the positive. Ironic, no? I just do not see Jesus active in any capacity, if he is, then he should be helping the tons of Christians in horrible situations in Brazil, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico LOL......I dislike laziness and the Bible ? seems lazy to the extreme.

I used to be VERRRRYYYY open to the Bible and Christianity. My life was not fun back in those days. When I turned 16, I stopped being Christian and for SOME REASON, my life just started getting in order. Maybe another ? showed its blessings on me? Or maybe no ? did and it was just luck? Who knows. When I see Jesus not doing ? in Puerto Rico or Venezuela, among other places that need help (almost every woman in Venezuela is relying on prostitution to make a living now lol smh), then it makes me think Jesus is either lazy as ? , unable to help, or maybe just dead like every other past person. How can anyone worship a being that has never proved itself a ? ?

May all go well on your journey, because I went on that same journey in the past, and nothing made sense to me during those days.
  • kingblaze84
    I always thought the Hindu ? Kali was cool though. She's bad ass and would probably be one of the few gods I would want to meet lol

cgm9bujd5ncg.png
  • The Lonious Monk
    If Jesus is helping people on Earth now as you say, then why are so many Christians I know now in so much misery? I know some atheists on top of the world, and agnostics doing great, Steve Jobs was agnostic or atheist and lived well overall as a billionaire. Meanwhile, I know Christians with disabled kids and huge medical bills taking care of them. I remember being a Christian and at times wondering where the hell my luck is. When I stopped ? with Christianity, I noticed my life took a dramatic turn for the positive. Ironic, no? I just do not see Jesus active in any capacity, if he is, then he should be helping the tons of Christians in horrible situations in Brazil, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico LOL......I dislike laziness and the Bible ? seems lazy to the extreme.

I used to be VERRRRYYYY open to the Bible and Christianity. My life was not fun back in those days. When I turned 16, I stopped being Christian and for SOME REASON, my life just started getting in order. Maybe another ? showed its blessings on me? Or maybe no ? did and it was just luck? Who knows. When I see Jesus not doing ? in Puerto Rico or Venezuela, among other places that need help (almost every woman in Venezuela is relying on prostitution to make a living now lol smh), then it makes me think Jesus is either lazy as ? , unable to help, or maybe just dead like every other past person. How can anyone worship a being that has never proved itself a ? ?

May all go well on your journey, because I went on that same journey in the past, and nothing made sense to me during those days.

lol Dog, I don't know how else to put this. Jesus didn't come to take care of your daily life. He didn't come to guarantee that you'll live lovely in this life. Most of his disciples died horrible deaths. Ultimately, Jesus' salvation is about eternity not Earth. Now that said, I don't know anyone that actually believes in Jesus that won't tell you he's helped them. My life is better when I restored my faith than beforehand. I'm not a millionaire and life still has low points, but I wouldn't go back for anything. Again, you keep sticking out that "People who believe are doing bad and people who don't are doing good." Well that's a misrepresentation. People in both camps are doing bad and good. And as I pointed out before, if you read the Bible, even when ? was basically hands on with people and they knew it, there were still those who believed that didn't do well and people didn't believe that did well. So this idea that ? /Jesus helping = everyone that believes does great is false.

Also, you say you see Jesus not doing ? in Puerto Rico. How do you know? What are you expecting? To see him rise up from the floods on TV, wave his hands, and fix everyone's troubles. That's not how it works. That was never how it works. But how do you know that every day, he hasn't helps people in some small way that meant the difference between life or death?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus helps you if you help yourself. Same with ? . The reason most xtians are miserable is because they are living lies. They aren't behaving like jesus. They're not practicing awareness of thoughts, words and actions, they are living all ? nilly babbling with their mouths how much they love jesus(honor me with your lips, we know what happens to them). Living like jesus, being like jesus is in stark contrast to how society rolls and has always been that way.

People back then weren't as aware as jesus. Awareness of thoughts, actions and words? wtf is that? Nobody then or now wants a bunch of jesus personalities walking around. They don't have many friends because they practice always speaking the truth(can't walk the path of light if you're filling yourself/others with falsehood). They are not accepted because they don't keep up with societies standards of "living" and "success". So you can see why the book talks about people falling away because they literally come out of the world, and it's barren, so back to society they go to find a place they fit. Which the book says, nah you gotta do it alone... well, ? and jesus and holy ghost are on your side, but that's not enough for people.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodus is mythology and a huge exaggeration. The exodus is not a literal migration, but from Canaanites leaving other Canaanites under the power of the Egyptians when they ruled Canaan and became their own separate people. But myth serves to teach a cultures morals, ethics, and way of life. So yeah, it's not a historical action, but exodus did happened culturally.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017

lol Dog, I don't know how else to put this. Jesus didn't come to take care of your daily life. He didn't come to guarantee that you'll live lovely in this life. Most of his disciples died horrible deaths. Ultimately, Jesus' salvation is about eternity not Earth. Now that said, I don't know anyone that actually believes in Jesus that won't tell you he's helped them. My life is better when I restored my faith than beforehand. I'm not a millionaire and life still has low points, but I wouldn't go back for anything. Again, you keep sticking out that "People who believe are doing bad and people who don't are doing good." Well that's a misrepresentation. People in both camps are doing bad and good. And as I pointed out before, if you read the Bible, even when ? was basically hands on with people and they knew it, there were still those who believed that didn't do well and people didn't believe that did well. So this idea that ? /Jesus helping = everyone that believes does great is false.

Also, you say you see Jesus not doing ? in Puerto Rico. How do you know? What are you expecting? To see him rise up from the floods on TV, wave his hands, and fix everyone's troubles. That's not how it works. That was never how it works. But how do you know that every day, he hasn't helps people in some small way that meant the difference between life or death?

Well what the Jews said in Jesus' time always stuck a point in me, which is, that Jesus never was able to fulfill the prophecies. Which is why they mocked him and ironically 2,000 years later he still is unable to fulfill his own prophecies of world harmony, which is what the real messiah was supposed to do. Remember, Jesus said he believed in the prophecies, and would fulfill them. The fact that he didn't fulfill about 90% of the old Jewish prophecies is quite telling.

You've mentioned several times that Jesus can bring salvation or heaven in the afterlife, but Jesus is not the only person or "? " that promised that. There are many gods historically that have promised eternal life after death, if one believes in them. So in the end, I just don't find Jesus that unique for a prophet, and I don't think people who get their ass kicked by human beings are gods lol. Jesus seemed quite helpless against those Romans, Odin, Thor, and Kali would have shed blood before being crucified like a common criminal. This doesn't seem godlike to me, but I do admit I'm hard to impress! I've never lost a fight before, so I expect a ? to not be crucified like a regular thief. Some say Jesus came back to life but some say Nero came back to life too. Nero claimed he was a ? too, ironically.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017
    Jesus helps you if you help yourself. Same with ? . The reason most xtians are miserable is because they are living lies. They aren't behaving like jesus. They're not practicing awareness of thoughts, words and actions, they are living all ? nilly babbling with their mouths how much they love jesus(honor me with your lips, we know what happens to them). Living like jesus, being like jesus is in stark contrast to how society rolls and has always been that way.

People back then weren't as aware as jesus. Awareness of thoughts, actions and words? wtf is that? Nobody then or now wants a bunch of jesus personalities walking around. They don't have many friends because they practice always speaking the truth(can't walk the path of light if you're filling yourself/others with falsehood). They are not accepted because they don't keep up with societies standards of "living" and "success". So you can see why the book talks about people falling away because they literally come out of the world, and it's barren, so back to society they go to find a place they fit. Which the book says, nah you gotta do it alone... well, ? and jesus and holy ghost are on your side, but that's not enough for people.

Are Kali and Shiva and Thor and Zeus by my side too? The more gods on my side, the better. ? it, throw in Hercules too to be on the safe side.
  • The Lonious Monk

Well what the Jews said in Jesus' time always stuck a point in me, which is, that Jesus never was able to fulfill the prophecies. Which is why they mocked him and ironically 2,000 years later he still is unable to fulfill his own prophecies of world harmony, which is what the real messiah was supposed to do. Remember, Jesus said he believed in the prophecies, and would fulfill them. The fact that he didn't fulfill about 90% of the old Jewish prophecies is quite telling.

You've mentioned several times that Jesus can bring salvation or heaven in the afterlife, but Jesus is not the only person or "? " that promised that. There are many gods historically that have promised eternal life after death, if one believes in them. So in the end, I just don't find Jesus that unique for a prophet, and I don't think people who get their ass kicked by human beings are gods lol. Jesus seemed quite helpless against those Romans, Odin, Thor, and Kali would have shed blood before being crucified like a common criminal. This doesn't seem godlike to me, but I do admit I'm hard to impress! I've never lost a fight before, so I expect a ? to not be crucified like a regular thief. Some say Jesus came back to life but some say Nero came back to life too. Nero claimed he was a ? too, ironically.

Lol Look man, if you don't want to believe or be a Christian, that's perfectly fine, but it looks like you're looking more for a comic book superhero than a ? . Not only that, but you kinda missed the point. Jesus let himself be beaten and killed because it was the Father's will. He was the "Sacrificial Lamb." So your belief that he couldn't have stopped that is false. That was made clear when Satan tempted him in the desert.
  • BiblicalAtheist

Are Kali and Shiva and Thor and Zeus by my side too? The more gods on my side, the better. ? it, throw in Hercules too to be on the safe side.

Have as many as you want but eventually it comes back to a godhead. Pieces and whole.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017

Have as many as you want but eventually it comes back to a godhead. Pieces and whole.

What do you mean godhead, or do you mean a ? in charge? Because if that's what you mean, how do I know, Zeus said he was the head ? in charge. Shiva was the head of a trinity too if I'm not mistaken.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited October 2017

What do you mean godhead, or do you mean a ? in charge? Because if that's what you mean, how do I know, Zeus said he was the head ? in charge. Shiva was the head of a trinity too if I'm not mistaken.

There is the whole then all the pieces that make up the whole. Not you or I or any one thing could possibly be the whole. How could we even contain such greatness! Out of the whole comes us, you call that whole whatever you want to call it. I know people like to give it a name and try to peg it down but from my experience its best to leave it at ? is ? . Take what you need and leave the rest. I don't think you need the name of ? to call upon ? . You don't need ? 's attributes etc. Take the information in, ask help putting it together, be earnest, and go from there. And when I said ? , jesus, holy ghost, I am referring more to those energies rather than specific things pegged down by man. I've come to understand ? , jesus and the HG as wisdom*, understanding and truth. Can't really have one without the other and have good outcomes in your endeavors.
  • Flam3r
    Flam3r Members Posts: 0
    We use religion like a trolley-car--we ride on it only while it is going our way. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the ? of the people.