Andre' 3000 Thinks Big Boi Is a Better Rapper Than Him. Do Y'all Agree?

Comments

• JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, Big Boi was better on SouthernPlayaListic & ATLiens, and Dre Surpassed him on Aquemini, Stankonia and SB/TLB
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Can’t decide.

Leaning towards that ? Big tho.
  • Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    When Speakekboxxx/Love Below came out I could see a strong argument in favor of 3 stacks. Now's it's Big Boi and unless Dre has a classic solo in the vaults, that's how it'll end.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    lmaooooo, ? clearly mad at 3 stacks...this ain´t even a discussion

? will Make Threads about anything
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yes
    I meant to say no. I didn't think this was debatable.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    No
    I meant to say no. I didn't think this was debatable.

It's not. I wouldve bet 1000 he would say this, that's his brother. People like rooting for the underdog so....
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    They about even to me.

^this

1st 2 albums 3000 was the rapper but since Aquemini Big Boi been holding his own.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Undecided
    Kids ft 3k is the worst track on the new Tribe album too

Big Boi's album this year slaps
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whole GQ interview was dope and should be posted. Also I saw 3 Stacks walking around the city by himself this summer and was tripping out.
    Didn’t know he moved to NY.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kairo wrote: »
    When Speakekboxxx/Love Below came out I could see a strong argument in favor of 3 stacks. Now's it's Big Boi and unless Dre has a classic solo in the vaults, that's how it'll end.

THAT'S the album that tipped it for 3K? The one were he's singing for 98% of the record.

katt-williams.jpg

Speakerboxxx>>>>>>>> Love Below
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Kids ft 3k is the worst track on the new Tribe album too

Big Boi's album this year slaps

That ? slaps u trippin
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for ? who missed The Love Below

Classic
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Undecided
    Oddly enough as otherworldly Dre is they're pretty evenly matched at times. Sometimes more than often Big has the better verse. He mightve been the better rapper on the first album..
    (Big>>>Dre on this one. I heard they were kinda going at each other on this but could be mistaken)
    https://youtu.be/2IQGQN9RAas

I'm far from being the person to tell ppl how to live their lives but Dre needs to put up or shut up when it comes to hip hop..

Dre: My heart's just not in rapping anymore. Maybe I'll try acting..
    **proceeds to suck as an actor but drops the verse of the year at least twice**

Btw Big>>>Dre as far as acting goes..
    https://youtu.be/NkroT5oj7m0
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    He was just being nice

This... context clues...

"When you watch early Outkast videos, Big Boi’s the leader. He always had the confidence, where I was kind of like the shy one."

That has nothing to do with skills... you have to have a certain amount of confidence to be a rapper and it's fair to say Dre admires Big's confidence...

This is also hilarious coming from the ? who came out the house rockin turbans and football pads at different points in his career, but I think I remember him saying that he did all that to cover up his insecurities...

And if you ever seen them live, Big Boi is naturally a better performer and more comfortable on stage than Dre...

"Big Boi can rap better than me—I always said that."

"Can" is the keyword here. He said Big can rap better than him, not that he raps better than him... I feel like Dre is sayin if anyone can rip him on a track, it's Big Boi. And Big has done it a few times... "Spaghetti Junction" being one of them...

"If somebody said, "Pick who you want from Outkast to go to battle with you," it wouldn’t be me. ’Cause like, what I’ma do? Say some mind ? ? You can’t have thoughts in a battle—nobody gives a ? about that."

This is true... you go into a battle, you wanna spit some braggodocious ? not some slice of life about an old lady you met at a thift store in Albuquerque...

Big Boi is criminally underrated... there aren't a lot of rappers better than him, technically speaking... His flow has always been on point and no one spits that player ? ? quite like he does... But, Dre is better at the ? that matters to me personally: thought-provoking lyrics, epic storytelling, timeless wordplay, musicality... put them together and that's one hell of a duo...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends on my mood

but 3000 adds that flava to the music
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    should of done solo work
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They about even to me.

I will say 3k features are overhyped as hell on the IC

It ain't just the IC at this point.

These new age "#staywoke" folk under the age of 25 revere him like a ? because he's a great rapper that rarely records.

It's no fronting on the man's pen game but I stopped getting hyped for new 3K verses in circa 2010 or whenever he did that "I Do" song with Jeezy and Jay.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Yes he is, because Big Boi doesnt give up on rap like a little ? .

Idk why but for some reason i heard Deebo's voice reading this LMAO

latest?cb=20121102040812
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    IM THE BIGGEST OUTKAST FAN

BUT LET ME ASK ALL OF THAT THAT VOTED FOR BIG..

GIVE ME 2 CLASSIC BIGBOI VERSES.. HELL, GIVE ME 1... IM TALKING YOU CAN PUT THIS VERSE UP AGAINST THE ELITE OF MC'S...

NOW, FOR EVERY 1 OF BIGS YOU GIVE ME, I CAN MATCH THAT WITH 3 OF 3000'S

GO!