Texas CHURCH SHOOTING: 20 Shots fired during service (27 Dead- 20+ Injured)

Options

Comments

• The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hue wrote: »
    It's all cause and effect.

Cause: Not giving a damn when these kids were murdered.

jd469syuizb9.jpg
    sgeioyxl2lhh.jpg

Effect: Not giving a damn when their kids are murdered.

You cannot expect every black person to be down with the "turn the other cheek" narrative. No one here has the right to tell the next black man or woman how they should feel or react to white folks dying. It's ? up but a lot of us out here tired of the ? .

So no white people care when black kids die? That's what some of ya'll don't seem to get about my stance. I don't care that you have a "if it's ? me, then it's ? them" attitude. If that's how you feel, it's how you feel. My point is that you guys seem to base your reasoning for that mentality on this idea that the majority of whites are these unrepentant psychopathic racists, which really isn't true.

I know all whites aren't racist, but a lot of em are indifferent to what happens to other races. Michelle Alexander spoke on this racial indifference in The New Jim Crow and how damaging being "indifferent" has been. All we're saying is the outrage of kids dying should be the same across the board. A little girl getting shot in the head while she was sleeping on the couch should've got everybody heated regardless of race but we know that ain't what happened.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

jd469syuizb9.jpg
    sgeioyxl2lhh.jpg

You cannot expect every black person to be down with the "turn the other cheek" narrative. No one here has the right to tell the next black man or woman how they should feel or react to white folks dying. It's ? up but a lot of us out here tired of the ? .

So to be clear,as there is no further confusion:

Had white people shown compassion,empathy and sympathy toward black children being violently gunned down and murdered

(some) black folks here would in turn, show compassion,empathy and sympathy when white children are violently gunned down and murdered?

That is the rationale being argued here,correct?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

It pretty much goes without saying that there are white people that care when black kids die. No one even implied this. We are talking about those that don't care when black kids get gunned down.

That's fine, but again, my point is ya'll are talking like there is some vast majority of whites that don't give a ? that black kids get gunned down. What basis do you have for believing that or, at the very least, believing that the average white is more apathetic to the ? that happens to black people than the average person in general is apathetic towards ? that doesn't concern them?
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Ok. three mafuccas care. Good enough? Now let's move on. Because, in america the majority rules. That's what's meant by whites. whites=majority. The simple logic here is if the majority of whites cared as much as Blacks we would see changes..

My ? , you throwing random ? out like it's fact doesn't prove anything. And your simple logic is foolish and makes me wonder if you even live in this country. You may not believe the majority of whites care about black people, but I'm sure you believe they care about themselves. By your logic, that should be enough to stop them from sliding into poverty, but it isn't. They are getting ? too. So ? isn't nearly as stupidly simplistic as you want it to be.

I know all whites aren't racist, but a lot of em are indifferent to what happens to other races. Michelle Alexander spoke on this racial indifference in The New Jim Crow and how damaging being "indifferent" has been. All we're saying is the outrage of kids dying should be the same across the board. A little girl getting shot in the head while she was sleeping on the couch should've got everybody heated regardless of race but we know that ain't what happened.

A lot of people are indifferent to anything that doesn't concern them. I'm not trying to sit here and act like the average white takes some vested interest in what goes on in the lives of blacks. They don't. Most of them don't give a ? one way or the other. However, that is completely different from making them out to be these evil racists that are out to get black people.

And I don't disagree with the idea that ? should be the same across the board. I disagree with the idea that the majority of white people who hear a story like what happened with Boyd just shrug it off like it's nothing. They acknowledge the tragedy of it and then move on with the rest of their day. That's all anyone was suggesting be done with regards to a 5 y/o in this incident, and ? are on here acting like that is something inconceivable.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Always some idiots deviating from topic at hand

There was a shooting. It was ? up. Ain't ? gonna come from it. How much more can we discuss that?

We can send thoughts and prayers
  • The Hue
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

jd469syuizb9.jpg
    sgeioyxl2lhh.jpg

So to be clear,as there is no further confusion:

Had white people shown compassion,empathy and sympathy toward black children being violently gunned down and murdered

(some) black folks here would in turn, show compassion,empathy and sympathy when white children are violently gunned down and murdered?

That is the rationale being argued here,correct?

The past 10 years has had an affect on all of us. Too many crying black mothers and fathers not getting justice for their murdered children has hardened a lot of hearts out here. So yea I believe if justice would have been served in a lot of those cases then there would be a little more sympathy in here.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/conway-liberals-reaction-shootings
    Conway: Liberals Just ‘See Politics’ After Tragedies But ‘Never Help’ Victims – Talking Points Memo

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Monday morning accused liberals of too quickly politicizing mass shootings but never doing anything to help victims.

During an interview on “Fox and Friends,” co-host Ainsley Earhardt asked Conway about tweets from comedian Chelsea Handler criticizing Republicans in the wake of the deadly shooting in Texas.

Conway first told Earhardt that she would not “dignify” Handler’s comment with a response because the tweet was “so beyond any type of reasonable response that anyone should have.” But Conway then proceeded to criticize liberals’ reactions to mass shootings, questioning why “people see politics immediately.”

“It’s just like I said in Las Vegas over a month ago. You had families literally still looking for their loved ones through the rubble and the remains in Las Vegas running from hospital to hospital. There were people who were were injured who then went on to pass away,” Conway said. “And yet people are taking to Twitter in the comfort of their very luxurious lives pointing fingers. And as far as can I tell never really help in between the tweet-storms, never really help charities, never help people to heal, never try to reach across for understanding.”

She blasted people who “see politics and Trump derangement in every single thing they do,” arguing that it’s “disrespectful to the dead.”
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really acting like calling this what it is (a tragedy) means you are naive to racism or don't understand history. This incident is crazy...any one of us can be caught up in something like this at any time. Could give a ? about what shadow white ppl think.

It seems like you the one with the problem. You criticised dude for feeling different than y'all, not the other way around.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ? really acting like calling this what it is (a tragedy) means you are naive to racism or don't understand history. This incident is crazy...any one of us can be caught up in something like this at any time. Could give a ? about what shadow white ppl think.

It seems like you the one with the problem. You criticised dude for feeling different than y'all, not the other way around.

Incorrect. Ghostdog came with the low hanging fruit ? saying if you care those ppl died then you love your oppressor and all this turn the other cheek ? ...when nobody said anything to that effect. On the IC it's always only 2 ways to look at ? - militant or you love white ppl. Lol whatever man. I don't play that game. It gets us nowhere
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bluntly, a lot of people don't actually give a ? about the loss of life in mass shootings like these, even the ones who are outraged; many just use these shootings to affirm and/or vocalize their socio-political leanings, without actually giving a damn about those who suffered and lost their lives and those who lost their loved ones.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I'm glad we are not back in the slave days because I would have hated to be on the plantation with some of you ? . You ? would of been cheesing hard as ? for your future oppressor

91dx7hytpcmh.jpg

tqmb00favb40.jpg

1xmae96wzlj1.jpg

man ? you for making light of that ? . those pictures at offensive. they were slaves they knew nothing else and they don't seem so happy as you make them seem.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm glad we are not back in the slave days because I would have hated to be on the plantation with some of you ? . You ? would of been cheesing hard as ? for your future oppressor

91dx7hytpcmh.jpg

tqmb00favb40.jpg

1xmae96wzlj1.jpg

man ? you for making light of that ? . those pictures at offensive. they were slaves they knew nothing else and they don't seem so happy as you make them seem.

They don't look happy at all. That ? 's not very bright.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    Bluntly, a lot of people don't actually give a ? about the loss of life in mass shootings like these, even the ones who are outraged; many just use these shootings to affirm and/or vocalize their socio-political leanings, without actually giving a damn about those who suffered and lost their lives and those who lost their loved ones.

Yea but ? acting like you can't even say the ? is ? up. Cuz if you do then you got Stockholm syndrome lol
  • The Hue
    Options
    I don't approve terrorist attacks but I can understand why some Muslims hate America. I don't approve of white kids dying but I can definitely understand if a ? gives zero ? when they do.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it’ll be something if this 5 year old girl wasn’t even white and you ? have been arguing for nothing
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    it’ll be something if this 5 year old girl wasn’t even white and you ? have been arguing for nothing

lol I don't think there actually is a 5 y/o girl. It's a hypothetical.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Incorrect. Ghostdog came with the low hanging fruit ? saying if you care those ppl died then you love your oppressor and all this turn the other cheek ? ...when nobody said anything to that effect. On the IC it's always only 2 ways to look at ? - militant or you love white ppl. Lol whatever man. I don't play that game. It gets us nowhere

I dont agree with him but you just in your feelings...

As long as no black folk were hurt I give zero ?
    TheGOAT wrote: »

So if 1 of the 26 victims looked like u, u would care.

But an innocent 5yr old is among the dead and u give no ? ?

I would care about the one. And if the kid is white then ? 'em. White on white crime is a beautiful thing no matter the age

I would care about the one. And if the kid is white then ? 'em. White on white crime is a beautiful thing no matter the age

Lol that's some cold ? .

So was tamir rice, and when I read the comments by them crackers it just solidified the fact that they don't give a ? about us no matter the age so ? they kids too

Lol that's some cold ? .

So was tamir rice, and when I read the comments by them crackers it just solidified the fact that they don't give a ? about us no matter the age so ? they kids too

You've become the very thing u hate

Sad.

So what's your suggestion to love people who hate us? To turn the other cheek? If me becoming like them helps black people out of this hell hole we are currently in then so be it. We tried that love your oppressor ? during the civil rights movement and we are now seeing that it did not work.

Lol... nah you in your feelings...

Lol that's some cold ? .

Sad.

So what's your suggestion to love people who hate us? To turn the other cheek? If me becoming like them helps black people out of this hell hole we are currently in then so be it. We tried that love your oppressor ? during the civil rights movement and we are now seeing that it did not work.

You ain't gotta love nobody you don't know, but how does it negatively impact your day to say a ? up thing is ? up?

But how can I say something is ? up considering that the race of people it happened to are ? up based upon how they keep ? us up?

Why does the race of the ppl change whether something is ? up or not?

Ppl are in a church, getting they ? on minding they business not bothering anybody...some random ? comes in and shoots the ? up with no provocation. I don't need to know anything about the victims to say "damn that's crazy, that's ? up" etc....the situation speaks for itself. It took nothing outa my day to say that's ? up and keep it movin.

Lol that's some cold ? .

Sad.

You ain't gotta love nobody you don't know, but how does it negatively impact your day to say a ? up thing is ? up?

But how can I say something is ? up considering that the race of people it happened to are ? up based upon how they keep ? us up?

Ppl are in a church, getting they ? on minding they business not bothering anybody...some random ? comes in and shoots the ? up with no provocation. I don't need to know anything about the victims to say "damn that's crazy, that's ? up" etc....the situation speaks for itself. It took nothing outa my day to say that's ? up and keep it movin.

You suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

Yea but ? acting like you can't even say the ? is ? up. Cuz if you do then you got Stockholm syndrome lol

I don't expect people to give a ? about the victims if they're not their loved ones or members of their in-group, and I expect people to be apologists for the perpetrator, if the perpetrator is their loved one or a member of their in-group.

Of course there are decent human beings who are capable of empathy no matter the circumstances.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas — About half of the victims killed in the worst mass shooting inside a house of worship in American history were children, including one who was only a year old, Texas officials said Monday.

Twenty-six people were shot dead during the Sunday massacre at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, a small, tight-knit town about 30 miles outside of San Antonio. Of them, 12 to 14 were kids, according to Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt.

The wife of the church pastor said their 14-year-old daughter was among them.

The rampage was the largest mass shooting in Texas state history. In addition to the dead, 20 people were injured, said Freeman Martin, regional director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Earlier, authorities had said victims were 5 to 72 years old; on Monday, Martin clarified that those were the ages of injured victims who were hospitalized, and that of the dead, the youngest was just 18 months, and the oldest was 77 years old.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/texas-church-shooting/about-half-victims-texas-church-shooting-were-children-n817896
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so they saying due to being court martialed and convicted; this ? shouldnt have been able to own a gun
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas — About half of the victims killed in the worst mass shooting inside a house of worship in American history were children, including one who was only a year old, Texas officials said Monday.

Twenty-six people were shot dead during the Sunday massacre at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, a small, tight-knit town about 30 miles outside of San Antonio. Of them, 12 to 14 were kids, according to Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt.

The rampage was the largest mass shooting in Texas state history. In addition to the dead, 20 people were injured, said Freeman Martin, regional director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Earlier, authorities had said victims were 5 to 72 years old; on Monday, Martin clarified that those were the ages of injured victims who were hospitalized, and that of the dead, the youngest was just 18 months, and the oldest was 77 years old.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/texas-church-shooting/about-half-victims-texas-church-shooting-were-children-n817896

i7clumqp3p96.gif
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

I dont agree with him but you just in your feelings...

Lol that's some cold ? .

Lol that's some cold ? .

Sad.

Lol... nah you in your feelings...

Lol that's some cold ? .

Sad.

Lol that's some cold ? .

Sad.

You suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

I'm in my feelings but there's nothing but objectivity in my posts you quoted...
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

Sandy hook all over again. Dead kids don't move ppl to think we shouldn't have guns in the hands of mentally ill ppl...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the IC: ? that baby!