The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Bill DiBlasio sucks. I just stayed home.

He has become a pig apologist ever since those pigs turned their back on him at that funeral...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-peddles-golf-club-south-korea-speech
    Trump Peddles His Private Golf Club During South Korea Speech

During a speech in front of South Korean lawmakers at the National Assembly in Seoul on Wednesday, President Donald Trump praised Korean golfers and promoted his golf club in New Jersey.

“Korean golfers are some of the best on Earth,” he said in the address that also touched on topics like threatening North Korea to end its nuclear ambitions. “In fact, and you know what I’m going to say, the Women’s U.S. Open was held this year at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., and it just happened to be won by a great Korean golfer.”

Trump also mentioned that eight of the top 10 players at the match this summer were from Korea.

“And the top four, one, two, three, four, were from Korea. There you go. Congratulations,” he said.

While the remarks were met with laughter and applause, it’s just the latest blatant attempt to promote his own private businesses from the platform of the presidency, a move that’s been met with broad criticism since he was elected.

42zwl8ibdumk.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Bill DiBlasio sucks. I just stayed home.

He has become a pig apologist ever since those pigs turned their back on him at that funeral...

He's all about pleasing the people. Realtors, his donors, law enforcement, the MTA. Everyone except for the actual people of New York City. Never thought I'd hate another mayor here as much as I did Bloomberg. Especially a ? lib.
  • stringer bell
    Options

Trump ain’t racist tho.. Even though he’s back following a racist Alt-right conspiracy theorist...
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Why is the media rehabbing the war criminal George Bush? Oh look at his paintings, oh he didnt vote for Trump? Really? ? retards
    George Bush is the worst president in my lifetime
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm more worried about the tax bill more than trump.

The damage they could do can take years to undo

The rich about to ? on anyone making Under $500k

solo or a couple?
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is the media rehabbing the war criminal George Bush? Oh look at his paintings, oh he didnt vote for Trump? Really? ? retards
    George Bush is the worst president in my lifetime

So you're typing from the grave?
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In other news obama reporting for jury duty lol
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnGsFXsBec8

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/maria-bartiromo-and-tom-perez-yell-at-each-other-in-nightmare-interview-youre-in-a-fictional-wonderland/
    Maria Bartiromo and Tom Perez Yell At Each Other in Nightmare Interview: ‘You’re in a Fictional Wonderland!’

I did not expect to witness an absolute train wreck of an interview when Tom Perez joined Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business Network Wednesday morning, but I did, and lordy it was hard to look away.

Things got off to a fairly amicable start, with Bartiromo asking the Democratic National Committee chairman about his party’s sweeping victories in Tuesday’s elections. Things went south when the host started verbally assaulting a tongue-tied Perez over Donna Brazile’s revelations of intra-party scandal.

Bartiromo accused the DNC of fixing the primaries in favor of Hillary Clinton, crying “it was rigged!” as Perez did his best to explain that Clinton still bested Bernie Sanders by four million votes.

“Maria, I understand that when the Democrats win as they did across the board last night that you would like to focus on other things,” Perez shot back, adding that the GOP “got their clocks cleaned last night.”

Then, after Perez touted Obamacare — and Bartiromo said the health care system was imploding — the two went messily back and forth, with Perez attempting to defend the Affordable Care Act and Bartiromo grilling him on whether he has spoken to Sanders since Brazile’s revelations.

“Does somebody owe Bernie Sanders a phone call, since now we know what took place, and everything was rigged, and you were behind Hillary Clinton?” she charged.

“Maria I don’t know if this is a lecture or a Q&A, you tell me,” Perez lamented.

The two yelled over each other for a few more minutes, until there was some room for reconciliation (and maybe even discourse!): Bartiromo doled out praise for Perez’s job as labor secretary under the Obama administration.

But no, all hope was lost, as Perez replied “you didn’t interrupt me as much then as you do now Maria,” causing Bartiromo to scoff and cast her glasses onto her desk.

She then asked Perez about why the DNC did not turn their computers over to the FBI for an investigation, to which he replied: “Maria, you’re in a fictional wonderland right now.”

Perez tried to turn the conversation back to Tuesday’s election results, claiming them as proof that voters embraced the Democrats’ vision.

“I haven’t heard a vision!” Bartiromo shouted back. “Your party has been hijacked by the extreme left, Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren.”

As Perez outlined his vision for the Democratic party, Bartiromo challenged him on the particulars, and the train wreck segment slowly came to a grinding halt — replete with cutoff music.

• Angeles1son85
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Maria Bartiromo and Tom Perez Yell At Each Other in Nightmare Interview: ‘You’re in a Fictional Wonderland!’

got me to click lol she was laughin at him he was nervous lol just saw him on cnn even brooke was questioning him he just kept sayin we had a big win thats why im out here lol
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn......Perez was looking shaky in the light......he was nervous as hell.....just to think it was between him and Tim Kaine as being Hillary's running mate for the last election
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    why would you even go on fox

incredulous.gif
  • Angeles1son85
    edited November 2017
    Options
    CIA director met with DNC hack conspiracy theorist at Trump's urging
    Trump apparently made the highly unusual request that Pompeo meet with the former National Security Agency employee and look into a theory that the leak of Democratic Party emails last year was an inside job rather than a cyberattack by Russian hackers.
    William Binney, the former NSA employee-turned-whistleblower who circulated the conspiracy theory, confirmed to CNN that he met with Pompeo for about an hour on October 24 -- despite the fact the intelligence community concluded early this year that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

North Korean and US leaders have fired another round of harsh words, with the North Korean regime calling Donald Trump a “lunatic old man” seeking to start a nuclear war.
    The regime state media accused Mr Trump of escalating tensions between the two countries “to the extremes”, adding that “no-one can predict when the lunatic old man of the White House, lost to sense, will start a nuclear war”.
    The comments come as Mr Trump met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at a summit in Tokyo during his first tour of Asia as President, and both leaders refused to rule out military action against the neighbouring country.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rnc-chair-challenges-trump-claims-gillespie-didnt-embrace
    RNC Chair Challenges Trump’s Claims That Gillespie Didn’t ‘Embrace Me’

President Donald Trump was quick to distance himself from the Virginia gubernatorial candidate he endorsed following Republican Ed Gillespie’s defeat Tuesday evening. Trump tweeted from South Korea that the candidate “worked hard, but did not embrace me.”

But Republican National Committee chair Ronna Romney McDaniel pushed back on that claim.

“Ed did work with the President, he did robocalls and he had tweets,” she said, likely referencing a robocall Trump made prior to Election Day encouraging voters that Gillespie “will help make America great again.”

It appears Trump did more to embrace Gillespie, than vice versa. The President tweeted support for Gillespie in late October and again on Tuesday. Gillespie failed to mention the Presidential tweets of support at later campaign events. Gillespie even dodged questions from TPM about Trump at a campaign event.

McDaniel went on to contradict herself, saying the reason Virginia Gov.-elect Ralph Northam (D) won was because he said he would be willing to work with the President if it helped the people of Virginia.

“Our base is for our President. The enthusiasm for the President is still strong. … Voters want to see candidates embrace the President,” she said. “If there’s a playbook for Democrats, they should work with the President. … I absolutely think any candidate should be embracing the President and I think Ed did.”

• Angeles1son85
    edited November 2017
    Options
    turned to fox to see what they talking about shepard smith did a 30 mins special on uber self drive cars and how safe it is to ride in the back
    rs_300x255-140110115657-tumblr_inline_mr6y4qF7Xf1qz4rgp.gif
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

our line of succession is just as trash smh.
    Mattis is probably still fine

• janklow
    Options
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/month-after-las-vegas-rapid-fire-bump-stocks-are-untouched-n816761
    A Month After Las Vegas, Rapid-Fire Bump Stocks Are Untouched
    by Alex Seitz-WaldNov 2 2017, 9:46 am ET

WASHINGTON — One month after Robert Gaafar survived the worst mass shooting in recent U.S. history by taking cover behind a vending machine at a Las Vegas concert, things still haven't returned to normal for him.

"The screaming is something I will never forget," he told NBC News this week. "We're 30 days out and it’s not even mentioned anymore. It’s just crazy."

The October 1 massacre seemed to create an opening for bipartisan congressional action on guns, with lawmakers from both parties calling for a crackdown on bump stocks, the gun modifications the shooter owned that essentially convert semi-automatic rifles into functioning like fully automatic ones.

But a month later, there has not been a single hearing, vote or regulatory change in Washington, demonstrating once again the power and inflexibility of the gun lobby. Bump stock bills have failed to gain traction in Congress, while the prospect of a regulatory fix from the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) has faded, too.

"It’s a joke. It’s an absolute joke," said Gaafar between stops on Capitol Hill Wednesday to lobby lawmakers on the issue.

Americans for Responsible Solutions, the gun-safety group founded by former Rep. Gabby Giffords, who was severely injured in a 2011 shooting, announced Wednesday they are essentially giving up on Washington and turning their attention instead to state capitals on bump stocks.

"While Americans should continue to voice frustration that efforts to save lives and make communities safer have stalled at the federal level, they should also call on state legislators to fight for progress," said the group’s executive director, Peter Ambler.

Guns have been a third rail in American politics for decades. But the days after the Las Vegas shooting seemed different — especially when the National Rifle Association and top Republican lawmakers spoke out against bump stocks.

In hindsight, the NRA's conciliatory statement effectively derailed legislative action by diverting attention to the ATF, an agency that had already concluded it does not have the authority to regulate bump stocks under current law.

"The day before we put out that statement, there were enough votes in the House of Representatives (for a bump stock bill)," Chris ? , the NRA’s top lobbyist, said in an interview with a pro-gun YouTube channel last week. "The truth is we needed to slow the process down."

John Feinblatt, the president of Everytown for Gun Safety, which is backed by former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, said the NRA statement in support of regulatory action on bump stocks was "just a wink and nod."

The ATF recently briefed staffers from the House and Senate Judiciary Committee on bump stocks, according to spokesperson Amanda Hils, but she would not comment on what the agency told the committees.

Advocates are still holding out hope for a congressional hearing, and a spokesperson for the Senate Judiciary Committee said the panel is preparing for one.

But for Gaafar, the lack of action makes no sense.

"This stuff is just so common sense," he said. "What I heard, the continued rapid fire, nobody should own anything like that."
    bump stocks are stupid
    ARS, EGS and Bloomberg are stupid
    ...think that covers it!

• janklow
    Options
    Donna Brazille is a whole ? idiot
    i won't entirely disagree with that.
    however, i think her gambit right now is "let's get this painful ? out in the open and out of the way RIGHT NOW... and i'll make a couple of dollars in the process."

• janklow
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    27 people shot in a Texas church.
    They GOTTA do something about the NRA now.
    i think you mistook this for an insightful post on a news topic

• janklow
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-lieu-skips-moment-of-silence
    Rep. Ted Lieu On Skipping Congressional Moment Of Silence: ‘I Will Not Be Silent’

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) on Monday skipped a congressional moment of silence for the 26 victims of a gun massacre in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

In a video Lieu posted to Facebook from just outside the House Chamber, he said, “I will not be silent” when it comes to legislation aimed at preventing future mass shooting deaths.

“I can’t do this again,” Lieu said. “I’ve been to too many moments of silences. In just my short career in Congress, three of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history have occurred. I will not be silent. What we need, is we need action, we need to pass gun safety legislation now.”

Lieu advocated for universal background checks for gun ownership — “supported by 80 percent of Americans,” he said — a ban on assault rifles and a ban on bump stocks.

Police found multiple bump stocks, which emulate the firing speed of automatic weapons when fitted on semi-automatic ones, in the hotel room of Stephen Craig Paddock. Using semi-automatic rifles outfitted with bump stocks, Paddock is alleged to have killed 58 people by shooting into the crowd at a country music concert in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, before taking his own life.

Texas law enforcement officials said Devin Patrick Kelley, the alleged gunman in the Sutherland Springs massacre, used a Ruger AR-556 during his attack, an assault-style rifle similar to the popular AR-15.

An Air Force error resulted in Kelly being allowed to purchase the weapon and body armor, even though a military court had previously convicted him of two counts of domestic assault that resulted in a yearlong prison sentence and a bad-conduct discharge.
    oh, stop calling it "gun safety legislation" and call it what it us, you ? phony

same old ? UBC support stat that mysteriously is based on asking the most vague question and not discussing the actual policy proposal
    same old ? AWB ban talk, forgetting that it's a conveniently vague and meaningless concept
    same old hyperventilating over something that the politician never knew existed but now realizes IS A DAMN EMERGENCY

• janklow
    Options
    “I may get in trouble with other members of the committee,” Winslow said,” [But I’d also like to say] how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can go out and buy a semi-automatic assault rifle like an AR-15.”

Shortly after he made the statement, an unidentified senator cut him off before he could elaborate, interjecting, “I don’t think that’s in your area of responsibility or expertise.”
    i'd also like to say that Winslow doesn't seem to understand how common and un-noteworthy the existence and purchase of a semi-automatic rifle is.

...but then there's a legion of ? ignorant politicians dropping their deep knowledge about guns, i guess

• janklow
    Options