Groundhog Day for a Black Man

2»

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HafBayked wrote: »
    its been years for me and I gotta say it does somewhat come down to how and when you move, also what kinda vehicle you drive

Exactly why I stay getting "old lady" cars
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    HafBayked wrote: »
    Im all too familiar with the routine fam

these days Im just out the way for the most part

I ride highways and main streets, pkwys, etc and try to stay with traffic (what little traffic we got)

my last 2 vehicles have been very unnoticeable and I dont customize ? ....no stickers, mirror decor, football flags, hats in the back window, plates, none of that ? ....just tinted out

I get ? from passengers for driving slow too

all I can say is im ? pretty much every day and been on a 3+ year run now....would call it luck but I STAYED getting yammed before I started that ?

It’s sad you gotta do all that, but I understand it. I try to go unnoticed as well with my vehicles, but when I’m home in MS or driving through Bama to get home, that never works. I know most of us get that sinking feeling in ya stomach whenever a cop gets behind ya. I usually let out an “ahh ? ” whenever one pulls up behind me.

I remember when I was living in MS, and had bought some 22’s for my impala. That was nothing but a magnet for them pigs out there. Even had one cop pull me over telling me I was driving suspiciously. I’m like wtf. I was up in NC on my college campus one time, pulled out the library after a night of studying and Greensboro PD was just waiting on me. Pulled me over as soon as I left the lot, talmbout my ride matched the description of someone they were looking for. I’m like dawg, you just seen me walk out the library with books in hand. I ain’t do ? . I almost lost it that night

it is sad.....I just kinda came to the realization you cant fight the power in everyday life with these small little battles...."nah I bought it ima put rims on it if I want"....aight u gotta take what comes with that

im married and i smoke and ride every day.....I dont need to show up or be seen for ?

a quote that comes to mind is "you wanna go to jail, or u wanna go home?"

funny but thats what the day to day comes down to....I dont want them hoes in my face so I may go thru some motions to keep it that way....right now thats less stressful day to day then being harassed, ticketed, arrested, or shot

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last 3 cops pulled me over told me be careful and let me roll on.

I had a nice female in the passenger every time though, either its that or ive just been lucky.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a platinum thread of police interactions, these ? ain’t for you. They get paid overtime plus bonus for felony arrests.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I wish the public knew how horrible the Ferguson police are before the Mike Brown situation.. Every interaction with them is dangerous and scary.. But to protect and serve is out the question...we helped my cousin with a dead battery one time and sat on the side of a busy intersection for like 2 hours with hazards on... 10 cop cars passed by doing rounds, not one offered any help...but if they have a reason to ? with u, they wouldn't hesitate smh.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn lol...i mean its just as ? here but I do see some stop and help folks on the side of the road

if your ? is just a bucket and you ? up traffic you might end up wit that green/orange sticker but they'll help get you out the way lol
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 ticket in my life for some ? but been street stopped too many times when I was younger to make me think other than actively avoiding the police. Some are fine but you run into a bad one and it's like you see the face of the enemy. The fact that they shield one another makes it so much worse.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »
    I get stopped so often i keep my license and insurance in my sun visor.

Not gonna get me with the "he was reaching for something" ? .

I've had cops draw their pistols even with my hands in plain sight resting on the steering wheel.

I been followed by cops with the high beams blasting through my window.
    I've had cops do crazy ass u-turns in the middle of the street to follow me.

What kinda car do you drive?

It's racist ? either way, but a lotta times the cops are just hating because they see a black man driving a car that they know they'd never be able to afford on a policeman's salary.

Used to always think it was thuggish type ? with tints and rims that get pulled over, but now I'm starting to realize it's the opposite.

They'll go out of their way to pull over a family man in a nice car just to humiliate him in front of his family.