First Time Homebuyer Programs

DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
How many of you have tried this?

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh, at least provide a synopsis of strategies. Smh.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the course. Using the program for a condo in midtown next year when they finish developing the building
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at possibly using the fha loan to purchase a duplex.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    expected some kind of advice
    TS you could at least list some of the programs you're asking abou
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look into NACA. You don't have to be a first time homebuyer to qualify, you just can't have an existing home in your name at the time u apply for the loan. They start at interest rates below prime. No down payment, no closing costs and you can buy down the rate of your mortgage close to 0. They look at your credit history, but moreso go off what you can prove you can afford. You can use them to purchase a multi family property, as long as you will occupy at least one of the units. I can also qualify for rehab funds as part of your loan package.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the glory days of first time homebuyer programs are well behind us. When I was an AE for a subprime lender, we had a bank we sold to that would do 100% financing for first time buyers down to a 560 midscore. That was the bread and butter program for LO's that I dealt with, especially in Oklahoma... them cats stayed sending low credit borrowers my way.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even tho I hated it, I was in the Navy so I was good when I got my crib
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a VA loan for mine.

Cant imagine how hard it would have been for a 24 year old without it

before the market tanked, easy as ? . I had 20-something year old borrowers in my pipeline on a regular basis. Most of them were blue collar guys that went to trade school and got a job in that trade quickly instead of going to college. One that I can remember was 23 and had been working as a plumber for 4 years out in Tulsa. He sticks out 'cause dude did everything right with his money, had a bank account with regular deposits and a 401K. The problem was that he ? up on a car loan he got while he was in high school and was a slow pay on some credit cards. I kept thinking "by the time I was 23 I had dropped out of college twice, was on my 3rd company working as a car audio installer, caught a case, got shot by a cop, got my ass kicked by a cop, and other assorted dumb ? . I had fun but ? ... I coulda been on my way to buying a house if I hadn't ? around so much.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Did the course. Using the program for a condo in midtown next year when they finish developing the building

@Fosheezy how much was the course? Whats it called?
  • Fosheezy
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Fosheezy wrote: »

@Fosheezy how much was the course? Whats it called?

I paid 40 bucks for this program in 5th ward, at the redevelopment center. I think called Homebuyer Education course, you can look for something similar in your area. You take the the course and get the cert. Once you have the cert you can get funding from city, state, and county for down payment.
  • Fosheezy
    edited September 2017
  • Fosheezy
    edited September 2017
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭