Why does it seem like women look down on manual labour / blue collar workers?

Options
2»

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Listening 2 they single friends, aunt's and mama. Toxic. Watch, let her hit 30+ with a kid. As long as u have teeth u good lol. They always wake up too late when that BC working Brother settled in2 a new respected ship!

That's BS. I have really good teeth and it never works in my favour
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't.

My ex is a mechanic. He made good money.

One of my neighbors does HVAC/plumbing and whatnot.
    I plan on taking some carpentry classes because I want to build furniture.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Carpentry is mad useful. My best friend from highschool loved to build furniture and then have discussions about where it could be placed in a room
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Simple answer. Those jobs don’t pay as well as they used to because wages haven’t kept up with inflation. If they still paid well women wouldn’t give a ? .
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Simple answer. Those jobs don’t pay as well as they used to because wages haven’t kept up with inflation. If they still paid well women wouldn’t give a ? .

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

HVAC service tech(journeyman) - $25 per/hr
    HVAC service manger - 75K a yr
    Electrician(union) - $31.22 per/hr

? look down on manual labor because its not something they can brag about. Not much conversation to be had for a ? to say her man/husband works on air conditions or rewires houses for a living.
  • LUClEN
    edited November 2017
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

? look down on manual labor because its not something they can brag about. Not much conversation to be had for a ? to say her man/husband works on air conditions or rewires houses for a living.

But why not? I guarantee you the average tradesman beats the ? out the average office-drone
    How manly is it to sit at a desk for 8 hrs a day developing a physical form that would make a flabby sick Larry Holmes look like a 1979 Arnold?

Plus blue collar work is one of the few places where you still have mostly male staff. We can put pics of the sunshine girl in the work space and talk about whatever without HR making a stink. There's nothing cool about feminized work spaces. RS
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

My man is a senior network engineer and I ain't got much to say about that either. I don't give a ? what you do..what's that paycheck hitting for? Do you have job security? How well do manage your finances?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

I'm an electrician and I don't be playing when I say I make more money than all my friends with degrees, all of them.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

My man is a senior network engineer and I ain't got much to say about that either. I don't give a ? what you do..what's that paycheck hitting for? Do you have job security? How well do manage your finances?

Good for you! How it should be

Be honest though how many times have we seen tv shows or read in magazines women talking about one of the requirements they have for a man pursuing them is that he have a degree and work a certain type of job making x amount of dollars?

For some ? women its more about the title of the job than what that man is actually making. Too many people would PLAY the part than actually BE THE PART.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

tenor.gif?itemid=7676808

I'm an electrician and I don't be playing when I say I make more money than all my friends with degrees, all of them.

? ain't no surprise to me that this could be factual.

Its still women who would turn you down to ? with your friends who have degrees and hollow job title and make less than you just for the illusion of them being in a better place than they actually are.

Like I said in another thread a ? would rather brag on her man to her friends about the degrees and hollow job title he has but leave out all the debt he carrying from those degrees than to say she ? with an electrician who makes just as much if not more than the man with the degrees without the school debt.

Funny thing is its ? on this site who the same way. When talking about the woman they want they actually list her having a degree as something they looking for. ? boggles my mind. I just need the woman to not be dumb and compliment me in what I'm trying to get done for US. I couldn't care less if she has a degree or not that ? is irrelevant to me.