Post a pic of your ride....

Comments

• MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Clear bra for the whole hood and gloss black roof wrap

[img]https://scontent-lax3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23406057_10156963314297468_7050197711260647562_o.jpg?oh=aab5a0e288f4728f92cc4bf60cb24cc8&oe=5A9E06A5[/img]

[img]https://scontent-lax3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23331381_10156963314477468_2753671475163285958_o.jpg?oh=a5e1df336c85afdce41af32f249e24ab&oe=5A6AAB48[/img]

@_Menace_

Did u use it on the front bumper also, did u use Xpel and what was the ticket?

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

[img]https://scontent-lax3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23406057_10156963314297468_7050197711260647562_o.jpg?oh=aab5a0e288f4728f92cc4bf60cb24cc8&oe=5A9E06A5[/img]

[img]https://scontent-lax3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/23331381_10156963314477468_2753671475163285958_o.jpg?oh=a5e1df336c85afdce41af32f249e24ab&oe=5A6AAB48[/img]

she lookin mean.... clean
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MallyG wrote: »

@_Menace_

Did u use it on the front bumper also, did u use Xpel and what was the ticket?

Yup Xpel I did the whole whole hood,bumper,door cups, mirror caps, the side spliters, gas cap, the door edge front lip and the rear bumper near the truck. With the roof wrap and windshield tint strip

everything came out to $2300 which is mad cheap anywhere else would hit me for $3500 especially for a car like that.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    cn33qa75nbj2.jpg
    swapped sub and amp today

I want too get back In to this so bad but when you walk out of a movie theater from seeing a ? movie and you see your window busted ahe the security guard tell you your trunk was open............ I can't take another hit like that. 3 12's and a class d amp and a 800 watt amp gone.

it don't beat down the block tho. also its a, sealed box
    not ported so its not boom loud. simply for a fuller sound cuz my trunk so insulated and my cd player went out. i added auxiliary thru a radio station so in dint sound as good. this allow me better sound. they got my mom car for all that earlier in the year so i learnt 2 lol

Yea I was knocking pictures off the wall had the trunk dynomatted so it was solid bass no rattling. Bad thing about it i had blew one of the subs wasn't bumping like that for a couple months. I worked hard for that ?

I feel you on that. ? got me in my driveway back in '91. I had a pair of JBL 8" joints in the back of my Nissan S12. ? got that, my Kenwood radio, little Kenwood 4042 EQ I had custom mounted in the factory EQ spot, The amp I had on my front speakers and subs, and the subs themselves. What's ? up is that I shoulda heard all of it because my bedroom overlooked the backyard and was next to the driveway. I came home around 2am and had to get up for work at 7am so I was sleeping hard as hell. Came out and saw my ? just gone. ? broke my heart.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cn33qa75nbj2.jpg

I want too get back In to this so bad but when you walk out of a movie theater from seeing a ? movie and you see your window busted ahe the security guard tell you your trunk was open............ I can't take another hit like that. 3 12's and a class d amp and a 800 watt amp gone.

not ported so its not boom loud. simply for a fuller sound cuz my trunk so insulated and my cd player went out. i added auxiliary thru a radio station so in dint sound as good. this allow me better sound. they got my mom car for all that earlier in the year so i learnt 2 lol

Yea I was knocking pictures off the wall had the trunk dynomatted so it was solid bass no rattling. Bad thing about it i had blew one of the subs wasn't bumping like that for a couple months. I worked hard for that ?

I feel you on that. ? got me in my driveway back in '91. I had a pair of JBL 8" joints in the back of my Nissan S12. ? got that, my Kenwood radio, little Kenwood 4042 EQ I had custom mounted in the factory EQ spot, The amp I had on my front speakers and subs, and the subs themselves. What's ? up is that I shoulda heard all of it because my bedroom overlooked the backyard and was next to the driveway. I came home around 2am and had to get up for work at 7am so I was sleeping hard as hell. Came out and saw my ? just gone. ? broke my heart.

They got me for 2 12'' Punch subs, Rockford Fosgate amp and 4 Kenwood 6x9's in this Blazer I had, got me in the front driveway of my parents house down south. And I was sitting there when I heard the door slam shut in the living room, it was around 2 in the morning
  • konceptjones
    edited November 2017
    cn33qa75nbj2.jpg

They got me for 2 12'' Punch subs, Rockford Fosgate amp and 4 Kenwood 6x9's in this Blazer I had, got me in the front driveway of my parents house down south. And I was sitting there when I heard the door slam shut in the living room, it was around 2 in the morning

I know that ? hurt. I was sellin that exact ? back then. Fosgate subs and amps wasn't cheap in any way and if you had the 200W Kenwood 6x9's we were sellin 'em for $200 a pair. ? , IIRC we were sellin little ass Punch 30 amps for $200-$229 and IIRC Punch 150's were around $500-$600 or something like that.

What they figured happened in my case was the ? was in our garage trying to break into my moms Tempo when I came home. They waited for a while and came out and saw my ? there. Obviously my ? was the real score 'cause hers just had the factory Ford cassette deck. A grip of people in my neighborhood got hit that night. The only good thing about it was that I bought my whole system with my Citibank credit card, and in 1991 they were advertising that if anything you bought with your card was stolen, they would refund you all of the money you spent. I called the 12th precinct and filed a report before I went to work and called Citibank when I got to the shop. After I sent out the paperwork and the copy of the report I got cut a check for everything.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png
    they got me/my mom this summer. i gave her my old car with the jvc double din... jbl 61/2 in all the doors on a 4 channel jbl amp and 2 jbl 12s on a monoblock amp ... threw a brick thru the window snatched everything out. insurance had to total the car out

I ain't know ? was still stealing car radios
  • konceptjones
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png
    they got me/my mom this summer. i gave her my old car with the jvc double din... jbl 61/2 in all the doors on a 4 channel jbl amp and 2 jbl 12s on a monoblock amp ... threw a brick thru the window snatched everything out. insurance had to total the car out

if it's a DIN or double DIN like aneed123 had then yup. There's still a huge need for aftermarket radios for older cars. Personally, the one reason I have no interest in owning any of these newer cars is because of the OEM stereos and how they're integrated into the cars so you can't replace them. Give me an older 90's or very early 00's ride that I can throw a stereo in and I'll roll that ? like y'all younger cats do these new whips.
  • aneed123
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

if it's a DIN or double DIN like aneed123 had then yup. There's still a huge need for aftermarket radios for older cars. Personally, the one reason I have no interest in owning any of these newer cars is because of the OEM stereos and how they're integrated into the cars so you can't replace them. Give me an older 90's or very early 00's ride that I can throw a stereo in and I'll roll that ? like y'all younger cats do these new whips.

yup plus the radio amp can push after market components if u dont want a 4 channel. i want to replace the radio and speakers in my infiniti but the factory rafio cant be taken out and it can only push the cheap made factory speakers... itll cost an arm and a leg to do basic ?
  • konceptjones
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

yup plus the radio amp can push after market components if u dont want a 4 channel. i want to replace the radio and speakers in my infiniti but the factory rafio cant be taken out and it can only push the cheap made factory speakers... itll cost an arm and a leg to do basic ?

That's because it's Bose, and Bose is on some ? ? with the way they integrate everything.

I've been looking at W140 S-classes lately and if I could get one in decent shape for a decent price my first order of business would be to completely gut the Bose sound system in it. Supposedly it's Bose's hands down best system they've ever put in a car, but it still sounds like trash to me just like the system in my old ML500 did. I've had to replace Bose sound systems in Maximas, Corvettes, older Benzes, 2nd gen 300ZX's, and other cars and they're ALL a pain in the ass to do. The easiest by far was the late 80's/early 90's Maximas because the amps Bose used were directly attached to the speakers so all I had to do was really swap out the radio and speakers and run new wiring from an aftermarket amp or from the radio. The rest, especially the W140's, are a nightmare.
  • aneed123
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

That's because it's Bose, and Bose is on some ? ? with the way they integrate everything.

I've been looking at W140 S-classes lately and if I could get one in decent shape for a decent price my first order of business would be to completely gut the Bose sound system in it. Supposedly it's Bose's hands down best system they've ever put in a car, but it still sounds like trash to me just like the system in my old ML500 did. I've had to replace Bose sound systems in Maximas, Corvettes, older Benzes, 2nd gen 300ZX's, and other cars and they're ALL a pain in the ass to do. The easiest by far was the late 80's/early 90's Maximas because the amps Bose used were directly attached to the speakers so all I had to do was really swap out the radio and speakers and run new wiring from an aftermarket amp or from the radio. The rest, especially the W140's, are a nightmare.

thats what i did with the altima i just posted. it was bose with 7 cd changer. it gutted it ....had it soundng glorious.... dem ? ? it up lol. its cool tho. my next whip ima go real hard. ima leave the infiniti with the 12s and factory.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

"? still do steal car radios ya know!....."

vuzxeadbelfq.gif
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

Ive always loved Bose and hands down they have been best sound systems Ive had, I had one in my Cayenne and it was better than any Harman Kardon system I previously had...

Its funny you mentioned Benz though, because the Harman Kardon I had in my C63 was WACK so I thought they had gone downhill and was skeptical about them when looking for my M4 (clearly sound systems play a big part in buying a car) and thought about looking for one with the Burmester upgrade for BMW but they are are rare and cost a fortune though, and I think they need to be done from when you build the car from new, but the thankfully the Harman Kardon in my M4 is amazing like they had been pre the C63, so I cant imagine how dope the Burmester must be, I would love to hear one... Though Ive never heard and Bang & Olufsen system in a car like an Audi they are probably dope...

But I find the new Benz's to be weaker then the BMW's in build quality, the BMW build seems to be more solid and built better/sturdier imo which effects the sound system quality... Any rattles in the cabin or poor packing in the doors etc to lower weight and you dont get the full power from the system...

TBH I think the standard BMW sound sytem, what ever its called is pretty good too...
  • aneed123
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

Ive always loved Bose and hands down they have been best sound systems Ive had, I had one in my Cayenne and it was better than any Harman Kardon system I previously had...

Its funny you mentioned Benz though, because the Harman Kardon I had in my C63 was WACK so I thought they had gone downhill and was skeptical about them when looking for my M4 (clearly sound systems play a big part in buying a car) and thought about looking for one with the Burmester upgrade for BMW but they are are rare and cost a fortune though, and I think they need to be done from when you build the car from new, but the thankfully the Harman Kardon in my M4 is amazing like they had been pre the C63, so I cant imagine how dope the Burmester must be, I would love to hear one... Though Ive never heard and Bang & Olufsen system in a car like an Audi they are probably dope...

But I find the new Benz's to be weaker then the BMW's in build quality, the BMW build seems to be more solid and built better/sturdier imo which effects the sound system quality... Any rattles in the cabin or poor packing in the doors etc to lower weight and you dont get the full power from the system...

TBH I think the standard BMW sound sytem, what ever its called is pretty good too...

are u into car audio? i ask that cuz if u take a bose door speaker out it got paper cones and is light and flimsey. in comparison 2 a after market speaker which is heavy with a big magnet and u can see the quality. bose is more for mid and highs. also their factory radio or amp are made for 2ohms 6 1/2s speakers so lets say u wanna replace them or one bust...u wont get the same sound cuz most after market are 4ohms. then u gotta get a,amp etc... it be a,hassle.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a high end car but the other cars I've had I gutted the sound system. Aftermarket is better than factory.
  • banginscrew901
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

On your radio are they able to relocate the radio to the trunk?
  • banginscrew901
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

You know better than this...... nig nogs will steal anything
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much yall pay for your audio set ups in your whips??
  • banginscrew901
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Mine was around 6-7 thousand when it was all said and done
  • konceptjones

I think the most I've ever paid was about $900 for the ? I had in my S12 back in '91. I'm a bit of a different case tho; I sold and installed car audio for a number of years so I know of cheap ? that's actually good sounding and my enclosure design skills have always allowed me to us a smaller woofer to get low bass. Since then I've never spent more than a few hundred on my ? .
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

#1 I hope you beating down the whole block
    #2 That ? probably sound like a live recording studio inside
  • aneed123
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png

On your radio are they able to relocate the radio to the trunk?

prolly could or i could do a changer but i want the screen in the car plus it will cost. i saw online when a double din was places under the screen but thats taking away from the ambiance of the car
  • aneed123

mine was about 5 grand after labor... best way is to do it over time.