Post a pic of your ride....

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    back then i was into it heavy. ? like dynomat insulating the trunk and licences plate. extra battery run it equalizers and ? ... i wouldnt do that now. i got the first double din that was the fold out back round 06 07 at the auto detail place. it was 800... a jvc. now days u can get it for 300 and its better cuz Bluetooth want out like that then. its easier today and more affordable
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    How much yall pay for your audio set ups in your whips??

Mine was around 6-7 thousand when it was all said and done

#1 I hope you beating down the whole block
    #2 That ? probably sound like a live recording studio inside

Yea had the trunk dynomatted solid bass and had the whole components set up on the inside. I was getting geared up to put it in a sound competition but some folks got me
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, I'm trying to gut my system but only plan on having this car for another year or 2.. Think I might just do some minor ? for now.. I need a sub
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

7K for a sound system in a car? I hope what ever artist you play sends you a royalty check...

that 7K couldve been used for better things to a car..
  • banginscrew901
    _Menace_ wrote: »

7K for a sound system in a car? I hope what ever artist you play sends you a royalty check...

Brand new ride. No real responsibility young. I'm older no way I'll spend that much again.
  • banginscrew901
    See, I'm trying to gut my system but only plan on having this car for another year or 2.. Think I might just do some minor ? for now.. I need a sub

What you looking for far as sound?
  • buttuh_b

What you looking for far as sound?

Tryin to get my ? like yours playa
  • _Menace_

Brand new ride. No real responsibility young. I'm older no way I'll spend that much again.

Even if you were young 7k on a sound system for a car is high af. You couldve built a home theater with that money and had better sound but you do you playa
  • banginscrew901

Even if you were young 7k on a sound system for a car is high af. You couldve built a home theater with that money and had better sound but you do you playa

Water under the bridge. Don't regret one bit of it. But I appreciate your concern
  • banginscrew901
    edited November 2017
    @butta_b look back a page ask dude that installed speakers.
  • banginscrew901
  • aneed123

? i got dat 2 ... i wish we jad a home theatre thread
  • aneed123
    buttta,get u a good sub amp and swap out ur components...most cars got blutoith isb and aux now so u good.. black fri coming ip deams galore spend bout 600 or 700
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    back then i was into it heavy. ? like dynomat insulating the trunk and licences plate. extra battery run it equalizers and ? ... i wouldnt do that now. i got the first double din that was the fold out back round 06 07 at the auto detail place. it was 800... a jvc. now days u can get it for 300 and its better cuz Bluetooth want out like that then. its easier today and more affordable

The first one came out in the 90's. We had one in our display case back in '91. Pioneer Premier AM/FM/cassette/single CD player w/6 disc CD changer controls and IR remote. Sold for something like $1000-$1200.
  • aneed123

The first one came out in the 90's. We had one in our display case back in '91. Pioneer Premier AM/FM/cassette/single CD player w/6 disc CD changer controls and IR remote. Sold for something like $1000-$1200.

im saying in the country where im from no shop hadem
  • _Menace_

I'm gonna post one soon, It's a project I started in june and now its all done. Just waiting for the risers to come in and ill post it. Did it all my self it came out good
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

im saying in the country where im from no shop hadem

Ah, gotcha.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    lu28ipmoyyhw.png
    they got me/my mom this summer. i gave her my old car with the jvc double din... jbl 61/2 in all the doors on a 4 channel jbl amp and 2 jbl 12s on a monoblock amp ... threw a brick thru the window snatched everything out. insurance had to total the car out

I ain't know ? was still stealing car radios

if it's a DIN or double DIN like aneed123 had then yup. There's still a huge need for aftermarket radios for older cars. Personally, the one reason I have no interest in owning any of these newer cars is because of the OEM stereos and how they're integrated into the cars so you can't replace them. Give me an older 90's or very early 00's ride that I can throw a stereo in and I'll roll that ? like y'all younger cats do these new whips.

yup plus the radio amp can push after market components if u dont want a 4 channel. i want to replace the radio and speakers in my infiniti but the factory rafio cant be taken out and it can only push the cheap made factory speakers... itll cost an arm and a leg to do basic ?

That's because it's Bose, and Bose is on some ? ? with the way they integrate everything.

I've been looking at W140 S-classes lately and if I could get one in decent shape for a decent price my first order of business would be to completely gut the Bose sound system in it. Supposedly it's Bose's hands down best system they've ever put in a car, but it still sounds like trash to me just like the system in my old ML500 did. I've had to replace Bose sound systems in Maximas, Corvettes, older Benzes, 2nd gen 300ZX's, and other cars and they're ALL a pain in the ass to do. The easiest by far was the late 80's/early 90's Maximas because the amps Bose used were directly attached to the speakers so all I had to do was really swap out the radio and speakers and run new wiring from an aftermarket amp or from the radio. The rest, especially the W140's, are a nightmare.

Ive always loved Bose and hands down they have been best sound systems Ive had, I had one in my Cayenne and it was better than any Harman Kardon system I previously had...

Its funny you mentioned Benz though, because the Harman Kardon I had in my C63 was WACK so I thought they had gone downhill and was skeptical about them when looking for my M4 (clearly sound systems play a big part in buying a car) and thought about looking for one with the Burmester upgrade for BMW but they are are rare and cost a fortune though, and I think they need to be done from when you build the car from new, but the thankfully the Harman Kardon in my M4 is amazing like they had been pre the C63, so I cant imagine how dope the Burmester must be, I would love to hear one... Though Ive never heard and Bang & Olufsen system in a car like an Audi they are probably dope...

But I find the new Benz's to be weaker then the BMW's in build quality, the BMW build seems to be more solid and built better/sturdier imo which effects the sound system quality... Any rattles in the cabin or poor packing in the doors etc to lower weight and you dont get the full power from the system...

TBH I think the standard BMW sound sytem, what ever its called is pretty good too...

are u into car audio? i ask that cuz if u take a bose door speaker out it got paper cones and is light and flimsey. in comparison 2 a after market speaker which is heavy with a big magnet and u can see the quality. bose is more for mid and highs. also their factory radio or amp are made for 2ohms 6 1/2s speakers so lets say u wanna replace them or one bust...u wont get the same sound cuz most after market are 4ohms. then u gotta get a,amp etc... it be a,hassle.

I am, or was haha I used to gut out my sound systems when I had VW's and was into 'boy racer type cars', I would spend alot putting in 3x10's on the back parcel shelf, change all the speakers, put subs, amps, tweeters, dynomat the lot etc but when I got more expensive cars like the Cayenne, X6, M4's etc I wouldnt/havnt changed a thing that isnt done at the factory/originally spec'd out, last thing I want is someone tearing out my car when I paid £40-£45k for it, especially as it could come back with a rattle... Im pretty sure the Bose systems they put in the Porsches especially in the late in the 2000's are different to what youre talking about brother (i believe they use gold metals and diamond, particularly on the wires), also I think there are different tiers, I even just had a quick Google and it seems to confirm this, and looking in my M4 which has Hardon Kardon, the speakers look all metal in the door... Also with Loud Speaker System that comes with Hardon Kardon it sounds perfect for me, and TBH out of all the money I spent over the years on sound systems nothing has been better and had a perfect balance than the systems I HAVNT touched like in my Cayanne, X5, X6 or M4 and they came with a Bose or Harman Kardon, though the C63 was wack I'll admit that but I had mad issues with that car full stop grrr also with too much base I find it just warps the music and makes the all the windows shake (which i used to like though haha) but as my car is now you can still the feel the base, just like a home entertainment system or cinema, but you can hear the lyrics and beat perfectly too...
  • aneed123

I'm gonna post one soon, It's a project I started in june and now its all done. Just waiting for the risers to come in and ill post it. Did it all my self it came out good

me 2... i did my first one in 07 and been into it ever since.. i redid my living room last year
  • buttuh_b
    buttta,get u a good sub amp and swap out ur components...most cars got blutoith isb and aux now so u good.. black fri coming ip deams galore spend bout 600 or 700

@aneed123 U right, I wasn't even thinking about that. Wanna get a 12.. need good quality all that
  • _Menace_

me 2... i did my first one in 07 and been into it ever since.. i redid my living room last year

my living room I just did a 65in 4k curved samsung
    7.2 son receiver with 2 floor speakes, samsung curved sound bar and sub and a sony center speaker and 2 JBL corner speakers.

But I dead ass made a home theater in a seprate room.

I'll post pics when the risers come in and details of how I did it and the cost and the breakdown on what equipment I used
  • aneed123

7.2 son receiver with 2 floor speakes, samsung curved sound bar and sub and a sony center speaker and 2 JBL corner speakers.

I'll post pics when the risers come in and details of how I did it and the cost and the breakdown on what equipment I used

thats whassup i put thr old one in my bed room... put klipse towers venter and back surrounds... got a 55 in 4k led but ima upgrade cuz i want that sony oled
  • _Menace_

thats whassup i put thr old one in my bed room... put klipse towers venter and back surrounds... got a 55 in 4k led but ima upgrade cuz i want that sony oled

stay tuned bruh im gonna post everything I got and where i got it. I got a 110INCH elite projector screen a a4k Projector one of the best on the market and the best priced
  • aneed123
    start the thread in ill tek so we dont derail it. ill post my stuff