Pete Rock defends ole heads in music and explains why newer artist music don’t get no respect ...

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »
    my question to Pete would be instead of talking ? why not embrace the young boy movement and you and them can both learn something. 90s rappers are really arrogant

You can say the same about these new ? too

These young ? don't be bothering nobody!

Yes they do, come on bro you know better

Who ? Brah they don't be wanting no problems. All they want is lean pills and ? . Like you don't think ? in the 80s hated the 90s and early 2000s . That didn't deter them from doing them!

Nah b, a lot of them cats from the 80's was still droppin heat in the 90's. RunDMC, BDP/KRS-ONE, EPMD, Special Ed, MC Lyte, Rakim, and a grip of other MC's were still bringing it back in the 90's.

But 2Pac said To De La Soul on Against all odd ... " ? Looking Like Larry Holmes Old, flabby, and sick then try playa hate on my ? " ...
    De La Soul was considered an old heads by 1996 and and came out in 1989

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

Come on man. Pac basically dissed everybody. Btw, the fact that this thread took a agricultural turn is hilarious for some reason.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    my question to Pete would be instead of talking ? why not embrace the young boy movement and you and them can both learn something. 90s rappers are really arrogant

Who ? Brah they don't be wanting no problems. All they want is lean pills and ? . Like you don't think ? in the 80s hated the 90s and early 2000s . That didn't deter them from doing them!

Nah b, a lot of them cats from the 80's was still droppin heat in the 90's. RunDMC, BDP/KRS-ONE, EPMD, Special Ed, MC Lyte, Rakim, and a grip of other MC's were still bringing it back in the 90's.

But 2Pac said To De La Soul on Against all odd ... " ? Looking Like Larry Holmes Old, flabby, and sick then try playa hate on my ? " ...

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

Come on man. Pac basically dissed everybody. Btw, the fact that this thread took a agricultural turn is hilarious for some reason.

Somebody tag @gee757 to school these hating ass old ? ..lol
  • Matike85
    Options

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

And they still around, where Tupac at? ? De La here this month and the show is sold out

Tupac Is Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Now...? De La Soul .Flower Kids Fruity Ass They gave birth to ? Like Drake

17wftax2d000.jpg

• a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think Pete focusing a lil too much on this bs...Dude put in too much work to be worried about these new ? ...? is different now, its not art for most of these cats its a hustle...

De La Soul been doin world tours...lol...? trippn
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What old head needed defending before this?
  • Matike85
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

And they still around, where Tupac at? ? De La here this month and the show is sold out

Tupac Is Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Now...? De La Soul .Flower Kids Fruity Ass They gave birth to ? Like Drake

17wftax2d000.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9Ug9mIpjQ

Meanwhile Pac is pushing up actual daisies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And people know Tupac as Arguably the Greatest Rapper of All Times... De la Soul are not even discussion for Top 5 best rap groups.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Waka should of said something different even tho he was disrespected .........
  • Matike85
    edited November 2017
    Options

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

17wftax2d000.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY9Ug9mIpjQ

Meanwhile Pac is pushing up actual daisies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tenor.gif

? are ruthless

Eazy E was ruthless not these Corny Lame Ass ? that y'all like to listen too...

epm6d29kecuq.gif
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    You listen to Eminem though.
  • Matike85
    edited November 2017
    Options

And you grew up on Vanilla Ice and still listen to Flo-Rida Fist Pumping ass ? ...#305 #786
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    What old head needed defending before this?

This is the ? I don't understand. These older cats are always whining about the young dudes being disrespectful. I don't see that. I believe the young dudes are largely indifferent to what came before them, and I can see why some would say that's problematic. But they aren't the ones being disrespectful. It's the older cats that are always attacking and insulting. As someone who ? on the new school rappers whenever I get the chance, I can't attest to the fact that we're the ones going at them, not the other way around.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

And you grew up on Vanilla Ice and still listen to Flo-Rida Fist Pumping ass ? ...#305 #786

Wrong and unfunny. Try again, buddy
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do people mean when they say young rappers don't respect the game or the pioneers? Like what do you want them to do?
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

You don't think Em nice on the mic?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do people mean when they say young rappers don't respect the game or the pioneers? Like what do you want them to do?

Don't be trash on the mic is pretty much the only request. It's really not too much to ask.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waka Flocka is Trash Pete Rock is Legendary Producer. Pete Rock wins.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

I hate to break it to you but Tupac was just one guy with his own personal opinion (who happened to be in his feelings about De La Soul at the time since he thought they were ? on him).

De La just did a world tour and released a grammy nominated album.

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

Bruh, De La was still droppin heat in 2000.

Art_Official_Intelligence_Mosaic_Thump.jpg

AOI: Mosaic Thump debuted at #9 on Billboard in 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avIqTrX2eac

"Oooh" was a hit song. ? stayed in radio and video rotation back then.

? what Pack was talmbout.

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

5 Grand wrote: »

aicf3wd2qqc4.gif

Its unbelievable how 2Pac stans can turn a Pete Rock thread into a 2Pac thread.

B...b...but if Pac lived he would have started Death Row East with Eric B and they would have taken over the East coast.

This confirm yall East Coast Bias... West Coast, Down South, MidWest ? ... Did not give AF about De La Soul in 1996...
    Do or Die, OutKast, Master P, and 2Pac had more impact albums in 96 than De la Soul...Po ? , Atliens, Ice Cream Man, All Eyes on Me, & Makaveli had stronger impact on the streets than De La Soul Stakes Is High Album in 96... New York ? like Pete Rock stay hating... Typical Crab Ass East Coast ? Mentality

I'm going to take a wild guess and by your screen name you were born in 1985, which means you were 11 in 1996, so this post means you don't know what you talking about

Aye, don't group us 85ers with that ? idiot.

LOL my bad bro, actually my nephew was born in 84 and he knows all music as well, daps to you
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I got older heads in my family that's 5 Grand's age. All them ? used to say is;

"That snoop froggy dogg, that wu tang ? , that ? the police ? , that aint hip hop. Run DMC, Kurtis Blow, Big Daddy Kane, that was music. These new ? 2pac and Biggie and them. That aint music."

Its a cycle. Let the kids have their day. Like @Lefty_ said, there's a lot off good ? still being dropped.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's always the New York ? wit this elitist ass attitude too. I guess since they been puttin out ? since the south took the crown they still goin back to that forefather ? . The thing about an art, it dont have to stay the same, and you don't have to like the changes. If you like Michelangelo, them paintings are there forever. ? it look like if somebody like picasso(I know he dead) was like Yea...? that ? rothko, he don't paint like me. It's corny, let them lil ? paint. you painted, and we love your art. Now we got new artists.

Bob Ross don't owe Andy Warhol ? fam.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol what the hell could pete rock possibly learn from the likes of lil yachty?

To make a recent hit

Didn't his album flop though?