The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Cotto makes it into the HOF or doesn't make it, I'm good with either decision.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Margo ain't get caught with ? in his gloves that fight so I ain't putting it on him.

The 2nd fight was playing out just like the 1st one. Dude was about to quit

What's his best win? When I think of Cotto, I think of superb matchmaking and an opportunist

He fought a blind Margarito and called it redemption and if he really believe he cheated, I ain't mad at that but he was about to quit again

Is Judah his best win?Clottey?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-hbos-nelson-an-amateur-shos-espinoza-competent--122659
    Arum: HBO's Nelson is an Amateur, SHO's Espinoza is Competent!

Earlier this year, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum parted ways with HBO and signed an exclusive multi-year content agreement with ESPN.

In various interviews, Arum has been very critical with the type of programming to hit HBO's airwaves in 2017.

And who's to blame? Arum believes the cause of HBO's issues, when it comes to their boxing content, is the head of HBO Sports Peter Nelson, who was elevated to that position in December 2015 - following the departure of Ken Hershman.

Arum spoke to Mike "Easy Work" Coppinger of Ringtv.com and explained why he's so unsatisfied with the current state of HBO's boxing content.

“Look at his lineup of fights, what is he thinking? He has (Sergey) Kovalev against a guy nobody ever heard of (Vyacheslav Shabranskyy) and he has Cotto against a guy Jessie Vargas, who isn’t the biggest puncher in the world, just knocked out (Sadam Ali)," Arum told Coppinger.

“That’s money they can use to put on really good fights. On December 16, he has an interesting fight (Billy Joe Saunders-David Lemieux), I think that’s a good fight. No one is arguing with that. It’s almost like that was an accident. Hey, we got a good fight. Hey, we made a mistake.”

Arum explained that he believes Stephen Espinoza, who handles the boxing programming for Showtime, is a competent executive.

He doesn't share the same opinion when it comes to Nelson.

“I just think he’s not competent,” Arum continued. “They need professional people over at HBO. It’s a great network, they have great entertainment, but they have a guy who is running their sports department who has no experience and who is an amateur. He’s the kind of guy who thinks he’s smarter than everybody else."

What really fueled Arum's fury, was Nelson's decision to go head to head with his highly anticipated fight on December 9, when Olympic champions Vasyl Lomachenko and Guillermo Rigondeaux collide in New York City, in an ESPN televised main event. HBO will televise a tripleheader that night, with Orlando Salido battling Miguel Roman in the main event.

“The guy who’s the head of HBO Sports has really very, very little experience doing it,” Arum expressed. “I’ve had a lot of disagreements, for example, with (Showtime’s) Stephen Espinoza, but I consider him to be a very competent executive. Now, anybody who’s a competent executive, in my opinion, doesn’t waste money on a show like they’re planning to do on December 9 to put it up against a fight that every boxing fan wants to watch.

“Why would you do that? Why in heavens would they do that? What is the reason for it? I can’t figure it out. I look it as being pathetic."
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any thoughts on who may be Floyd's next opponent?
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

xdzvyx05qidx.gif
  • R.D.
    Options

His babymomma?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't realize there haven't been a lot of fights on HBO lately
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Didn't realize there haven't been a lot of fights on HBO lately

Probably cause its been plenty of decent fights. When we get quality fights it doesn't matter what channel they come as long as the ? is on tv we good.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Kind of disturbed that they want $607+fees for floor seats for the Spence vs Peterson fight.

I would've bought mine but my wife wants to go and I wasn't planning on spending damn near $1300 for tickets.

Decisions decisions!!!!
  • Mastery
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Kind of disturbed that they want $607+fees for floor seats for the Spence vs Peterson fight.

I would've bought mine but my wife wants to go and I wasn't planning on spending damn near $1300 for tickets.

Decisions decisions!!!!

Stop being cheap ? haha That's the wife.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Decisions decisions!!!!

Lol ? ur wife fam.....she ain't no boxing fan....I ll take a woman overseas before I take her to a sporting event
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Decisions decisions!!!!

Stop being cheap ? haha That's the wife.

? up I said this exact same ? to myself!!!
  • R.D.
    Options
    Do we know the undercard yet? I think the main event will definitely deliver.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

I haven't heard much about the under card.

Decisions decisions!!!!

Lol ? ur wife fam.....she ain't no boxing fan....I ll take a woman overseas before I take her to a sporting event

Boxing is the only sport my wife actually likes and watches. Taken her to basketball and football games she couldn't care ? less. Taken her to boxing matches she actually pays attention only pics up her phone to take pics or video of the fight other than that she's paying attention.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options

I haven't heard much about the under card.

Decisions decisions!!!!

Boxing is the only sport my wife actually likes and watches. Taken her to basketball and football games she couldn't care ? less. Taken her to boxing matches she actually pays attention only pics up her phone to take pics or video of the fight other than that she's paying attention.

That's wassup....
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

His babymomma?

Grow up
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-2MlW5a9zg

Thurman confirms the Spence fight is definitely happening in..

• Mastery
    Options

Thurman trying to avoid that potential ass whoopin' at all costs haha
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

He legit wants no part of Spence. Lmao. This is highest level of ducking we may have ever witnessed by a world champion in his prime.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    pull out the flute again
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »

He legit wants no part of Spence. Lmao. This is highest level of ducking we may have ever witnessed by a world champion in his prime.

That ? a ? .

SMH
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

How he ducking when he worked his way to the top. Yall wanna turn boxing into a soap opera nail shop es so bad. This a real mans sport if u dont like it watch some thing else b. he said he has other things on top of his list spence isnt priority right now.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How he ducking when he worked his way to the top. Yall wanna turn boxing into a soap opera nail shop es so bad. This a real mans sport if u dont like it watch some thing else b. he said he has other things on top of his list spence isnt priority right now.

no he a hypocrite... crying bout floyd wont fightbme when he hadn't paid his dues not he doing the exact ? he cried about
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

no he a hypocrite... crying bout floyd wont fightbme when he hadn't paid his dues not he doing the exact ? he cried about

Fliyd will fight him next year
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

First off why u so mad lmao. Secondly u are right spence isnt a priority right now. His priority is fighting someone he already beat instead of unifying the title and becoming the undisputed best of his weightclass. He was ralking spence wasnt ready years ago, now spence has a titles its i wanna fight porter or garcia 2 guys he already beat. U right he is a fighter he aint scared but he definitely doesnt want to fight spence . All his interviews lately he always dismisses spence. Thurman knows fighting spence is bad for his career.